ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justice League hopes to follow the Avengers success (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260276)

Jamie 09-01-2012 04:34 AM

So what would an Avengers team that could beat the Justice League look like? Drawing only from characters that have been Avengers (so no Silver Surfer) and ignoring their current living/dead status, I'd say the Sentry, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Red Hulk, and maybe Invisible Woman. There's a rumor that Xavier will be on an Avengers team after Avengers vs X-Men wraps up, so if that happens he'd definitely be on there.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 05:23 AM

**** Batman...lame ass character.

Aries Walker 09-01-2012 05:51 AM

He's actually fascinating, as long as they leave out Robin. Making Batman a father figure makes him a lot less interesting.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8869850)
He's actually fascinating, as long as they leave out Robin. Making Batman a father figure makes him a lot less interesting.

The reason Batman is lame and boring as shit to me is his seemingly endless supply of corny ass gadgets in his belt. No matter the situation, he will have the right gadget at the time. How could he possibly anticipate what gadgets he will need lol???

If a giant alien dildo robot that shoots lasers attacked him, rest assured that ****er will have a bottle of anti-alien dildo robot that shoots lasers spray. Batman is shit. Boring. Lame.

Bowser 09-01-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8870511)
The reason Batman is lame and boring as shit to me is his seemingly endless supply of corny ass gadgets in his belt. No matter the situation, he will have the right gadget at the time. How could he possibly anticipate what gadgets he will need lol???

If a giant alien dildo robot that shoots lasers attacked him, rest assured that ****er will have a bottle of anti-alien dildo robot that shoots lasers spray. Batman is shit. Boring. Lame.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m75q0fI0dG1qbxq6j.jpg

But to be fair, Batman was camped up all to hell back in the 60's and 70's. He's way more of a badass these days.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8870520)
[img]
But to be fair, Batman was camped up all to hell back in the 60's and 70's. He's way more of a badass these days.

That pic is great LMAO

whoman69 09-01-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8870511)

You've been watching the old movie with the bat shark repellant?

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8870534)
You've been watching the old movie with the bat shark repellant?

I don't remember him using shark repellent in a movie. I dont recall a shark in any of the Batman movies.

Bowser 09-01-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8870566)
I don't remember him using shark repellent in a movie. I dont recall a shark in any of the Batman movies.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CJ-4jCS9ky8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 01:38 PM

Ah, never seen this lol.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 01:42 PM

ROFL this is the worst piece of crap ROFL

whoman69 09-01-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8870679)
ROFL this is the worst piece of crap ROFL

That was the best show on tv when I was 4.

whoman69 09-01-2012 06:55 PM

'Justice' Not for All: Who can studio get to direct DC Comics dream team?

Christopher Nolan told them no. Ben Affleck confirmed just this week that he has no interest, despite media reports to the contrary. Who can Warner Bros. Pictures get to direct “Justice League,” its “Avengers”-like team-up of DC Comics’ top-shelf superheroes?

Warner has a pretty deep bench of filmmakers it likes to work with, which is why proven hit-makers Nolan and Affleck might have been natural first choices for the company. But now two more names working within the studio for the past decade and a half have surfaced, and if they tackle the project, things might finally get rolling.

Those names? Andy and Lana Wachowski. The brother-sister team directed the “Matrix” trilogy for Warner, among the studio’s biggest hits, and have apparently garnered enough good will among the top brass for them to proceed with risky projects like “Speed Racer” and the upcoming “Cloud Atlas.” Now, if Moviehole is accurate with its report, Warner execs are interested in having the Wachowskis possibly direct what could be the crown jewel in the company’s long-delayed deployment of its wholly owned DC Comics universe beyond Batman and Superman.

It makes sense: The Wachowskis know how to handle incredible visual imagery, mind-blowing special effects and, perhaps most importantly, character ensembles – all three of which were successful components of “The Avengers,” which is now the obvious reference for any future superhero team-up movies. The studio is said to be very pleased with “Cloud Atlas,” which also features all three of those elements, and knows that at this point it can probably trust the Wachowskis with any tentpole property thrown at them. The duo have also shown that they can go gritty and dark with “The Matrix” or bright and candy-colored with “Speed Racer” – and we think “Justice League” falls somewhere in between both.

Would they want to do it? Well, the siblings are world-class geeks, so they almost certainly have the knowledge and sensibility for a huge comic book adaptation (a script has been written by Will Beall, but the Wachowskis would almost undoubtedly work on it themselves). They’ve also produced a previous graphic novel adaptation – the underrated “V for Vendetta” – and were in the mix for a Superman reboot at one point, too. Now that “Cloud Atlas” is done, the next project on their plate is an original sci-fi film called “Jupiter Rising” – but would they be willing to put that aside for a while and get a “Justice League” movie rolling for the studio’s hoped-for 2015 release?

It’s an exciting prospect to be sure, and the future of DC Comics on film may depend on it. More to come …

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...4-c3f598a76914

Bowser 09-01-2012 08:04 PM

The Wachowskis would **** this movie up. Royally.

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8863043)
It would be a toss up between Hulk and Supes.. Can go either way..

Now someone like Dr. Strange would kick the shit out of superman since he is weak to magic..

Superman is 2-0 vs Hulk.

No version of Hulk can beat Superman. Grey, green, red, savage, world war, maestro, etc

Luke Warm 09-01-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8677858)
Superman d. Hulk, but Thor d. Superman. And yes, my friends and I have disected this many times over the years as well.

When did Thor beat superman? Superman knocked Thor out in the jla vs avengers series.

kaplin42 09-02-2012 12:56 AM

From a non-comic book reader, i have a question. My knowledge stems from the cartoons, current movies and some video games. so forgive any ignorance i display.

But in the current discussion you guys keep putting Flash on IM and Bats vs Capn America. Would a better fight not be Bats vs Iron Man? Both millionaires, both are super smart, and both are just typical humans that have some seriously cool toys.

I would much rather see that fight. But I'm curious who you more informed peeps think would win?

AustinChief 09-02-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8872087)
From a non-comic book reader, i have a question. My knowledge stems from the cartoons, current movies and some video games. so forgive any ignorance i display.

But in the current discussion you guys keep putting Flash on IM and Bats vs Capn America. Would a better fight not be Bats vs Iron Man? Both millionaires, both are super smart, and both are just typical humans that have some seriously cool toys.

I would much rather see that fight. But I'm curious who you more informed peeps think would win?

IronMan would kill batman in about 3 seconds, his toys are far more powerful and he is far smarter. Of course Flash would do the same to Cap in about .0000000000003 secs.

I think people are just basing it on the fact that it would be an even match with Cap and Batman.

KcMizzou 09-02-2012 01:53 AM

Superman would ruin everything because he's basically a GOD and that's why he's not interesting.

Luke Warm 09-02-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8872098)
IronMan would kill batman in about 3 seconds, his toys are far more powerful and he is far smarter. Of course Flash would do the same to Cap in about .0000000000003 secs.

I think people are just basing it on the fact that it would be an even match with Cap and Batman.

Batman is 1-0-1 against Captain America.

Luke Warm 09-02-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8872158)
Superman would ruin everything because he's basically a GOD and that's why he's not interesting.

Kryptonite and magic are his weaknesses.

Mr. Laz 09-02-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8872338)
Kryptonite and magic are his weaknesses.

yes, but you can only play those cards so many times.

kaplin42 09-02-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8872098)

You don't think Batman would have something in that nifty belt to take down IM, say an EMP?

Doesn't Bats have a plan to take down every member of the JL if the need arises?

Mr. Laz 09-02-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8872614)
You don't think Batman would have something in that nifty belt to take down IM, say an EMP?

Doesn't Bats have a plan to take down every member of the JL if the need arises?

Super EMP shielding FTW!!!

:)

Luke Warm 09-02-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Yea he does. I'm sure they came from a "Contingency Plan Developer" gadget in his belt.

AustinChief 09-02-2012 08:04 PM

Quote:

EMPs don't affect the current IronMan armor. Batman would be totally outclassed versus IM.

Luke Warm 09-02-2012 08:15 PM

They need to make a Batman vs Spiderman comic one day. That's my dream fight in comics. They had a very brief "fight" in a crossover. It was just 2 panels, one threw the other but he landed on his feet. That was it cuz then they teamed up. Me and my best friend have had this convo many times. He thinks Batbitch would win and I got Spidey.

This fight is best summed up in YouTube video titled "Death Battle Batman vs Spiderman ScrewAttack"

Luke Warm 09-02-2012 08:17 PM

By the way those Death Battle videos on YouTube by ScrewAttack are awesome. They break down the fighters and then you get to see the battle.

Other fights they've covered....Kratos vs Spawn, Link vs Cloud, Mario vs Sonic, Master Chief vs Doomguy, and a couple others.

ThaVirus 09-02-2012 09:32 PM

Those Screw Attack videos are extremely entertaining.

Also, Spider-Man would wreck Batman. He's farrrrrrrr stronger, faster, and more agile while being every bit as smart. Plus his spider sense pretty much nullifys Bats' stealth and gadgets.

A pissed off Spider-Man would punch through his head like a watermelon.

Luke Warm 09-03-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8873430)
Those Screw Attack videos are extremely entertaining.

Also, Spider-Man would wreck Batman. He's farrrrrrrr stronger, faster, and more agile while being every bit as smart. Plus his spider sense pretty much nullifys Bats' stealth and gadgets.

A pissed off Spider-Man would punch through his head like a watermelon.

This. I'd rep you for this but I don't have that ability yet. How long do new people here have to wait for that and to start threads and stuff like that?

Chiefspants 09-03-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8873629)
This. I'd rep you for this but I don't have that ability yet. How long do new people here have to wait for that and to start threads and stuff like that?

Whose mult are you again?

Luke Warm 09-03-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8875491)
Whose mult are you again?

No ones. Why does everyone think I'm a mult or troll? I was a lurker here for about two years and finally joined a few weeks ago.

Luke Warm 09-04-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8873629)

I'm assuming a mod saw this and granted me these things because I am able to do them all so thank you to whoever it was.

Now can my name please be changed back to Stone Cold.

whoman69 09-04-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Warm (Post 8876173)
I'm assuming a mod saw this and granted me these things because I am able to do them all so thank you to whoever it was.

Now can my name please be changed back to Stone Cold.

Granting rep when you have a negative rep won't have much effect.

Luke Warm 09-04-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8877120)
Granting rep when you have a negative rep won't have much effect.

Oh ok. Did not know that. Well my intentions were good.

kaplin42 11-28-2012 01:25 AM

Some talk of this happening in the movie.

http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/...c8d6095ffc.jpg

mdchiefsfan 11-28-2012 03:48 AM

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...mages-20121127

Quote:

HitFix is reporting that according to their sources, Joseph Gordon-Levitt will "absolutely" be returning as Batman in "Justice League" (sorry Armie Hammer). Furthermore, they hear rumblings that Gordon-Levitt -- and possibly one other actor from the Nolan-verse -- will suit up earlier, and they basically suggest that he could pop his head into "Man Of Steel" in some sort of Marvel-esque world-building scheme. On the one hand, we're sure Warner Bros. would love to find a way to build off of Nolan's wildly successful trilogy, which for now has been viewed as being completely self-contained. However, this whole plan sounds like the exact antithesis of Nolan's approach, who has more or less sought to have his Batman pictures stand independently from anything else.

Deberg_1990 11-28-2012 08:09 AM

Theres also rumours that JGL might appear in the new "Man of Steel" next summer or that film might tie into the Justice League series somehow.

Red Brooklyn 11-28-2012 02:22 PM

If true, that puts all the Robin nonsense to bed.

Rugby Thompson 11-28-2012 02:27 PM

Avengers was over rated.

Fish 11-28-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9159620)
Avengers was over rated.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/227...7da9fc001c.jpg

DaneMcCloud 11-28-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9159620)
Avengers was over rated.

I agree.

I've watched it twice now and think it's complete and utter crap. The direction is awful, the dialogue clunky and the story hokey. Mark Ruffalo was by far the best actor and the others were wooden as ****.

I just don't get how it received so much praise.

Rugby Thompson 11-28-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9159629)
I agree.

I've watched it twice now and think it's complete and utter crap. The direction is awful, the dialogue clunky and the story hokey. Mark Ruffalo was by far the best actor and the others were wooden as ****.

It's just the typical over hype with people, I don't care for superhero films anymore because 95 percent of them are corny and never done right. This film was a snooze fest and Justice League will only be worse.

Rugby Thompson 11-28-2012 02:46 PM

Amazing Spiderman sucked too, they just keep delaying on putting Carnage and Venom in the same film, not realizing how much money they make if they did.

Aries Walker 11-28-2012 06:30 PM

I completely disagree with you about how great Avengers was, but I completely agree with you in that Amazing Spider-Man was atrocious, so I suppose we're about equal.

Rugby Thompson 11-28-2012 06:41 PM

Avengers was better then amazing spiderman but when did spiderman become some skateboarding hipster? They completely killed the character and story and the lizard was just a horrible villain, people want to see Carnage for ****s sake.

Valiant 11-28-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9159629)
I agree.

Because it is an actual comic book movie.. It is the closest thing to reading the comic books.. That is why so many loved. it..

DaneMcCloud 11-28-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9160691)
Because it is an actual comic book movie.. It is the closest thing to reading the comic books.. That is why so many loved. it..

But it was an awful movie.

Aries Walker 11-28-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9160169)
Avengers was better then amazing spiderman but when did spiderman become some skateboarding hipster? They completely killed the character and story and the lizard was just a horrible villain, people want to see Carnage for ****s sake.

Maybe people below 30, who read comics during the dark days of the 90's, want to see Carnage. I would have been happy if they had done a good job on the Lizard, which they didn't.

ThaVirus 11-29-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9160698)
But it was an awful movie.

False.

DaneMcCloud 11-29-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9160727)
False.

Go **** yourself, again.

Sorter 11-29-2012 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9160710)
Maybe people below 30, who read comics during the dark days of the 90's, want to see Carnage. I would have been happy if they had done a good job on the Lizard, which they didn't.

I don't know if the Lizard can be done well, IMO. I don't know how I'd do it.

I do think that the new Spiderman looked like a steaming pile of shit and I didn't go see it. I also think that Venom, Carnage, and the GG should be the main villans for the next 2, 3 or 4 films.

Also, if Osborn isn't played by Dafoe, I'll be pissed. Especially if they take time to build up his character. Willem is awesome.

Aries Walker 11-29-2012 07:43 AM

Osborn will definitely not be played by Dafoe. Get your righteous ire warmed up.

Bowser 11-29-2012 11:04 AM

This is a tangent post, but it's a pet peeve of mine.....

How can you have Venom and Carnage in Spider Man movies WITHOUT showing the Secret Wars? Because, that IS where Venom came from.

Piss on the Avengers and Justice League. Give me a Secret Wars movie. And it would most definitely have to be movieS, if not a series. (I probably answered my own question there)

Bowser 11-29-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9160985)
Osborn will definitely not be played by Dafoe. Get your righteous ire warmed up.

Absolute crap.

Sorter 11-29-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9160985)

http://i46.tinypic.com/27yv7lw.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones 11-30-2012 03:56 AM

Man of Steel will help set up Justice League movie, according to Zack Snyder.

http://m.guardiannews.com/film/2012/...e-league-movie

mdchiefsfan 11-30-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9163892)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...11/excited.gif

Bowser 11-30-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9163892)

From the same link....

The last time anyone saw Superman double up on the big screen was when Krypton's favourite son ended up repeatedly whacking himself over the head in 1983's pretty execrable Superman III. Thankfully, there are no plans for a repeat in Zack Snyder's forthcoming Man of Steel, but it's looking more and more like we'll be getting double helpings of the character in cinemas before too long. Following a court victory over rights to Superman, Warner Bros this week revealed it will release the long-gestating Justice League movie in cinemas in summer 2015 – coincidentally, the same year that other superhero ensemble combo, The Avengers, are due for a second outing in cinemas.

For the uninitiated, the comic-book take on the Justice League features Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, along with assorted minor characters. Warner could plump for the Marvel Studios approach and cast Henry Cavill, the British actor signed to portray Supes in Man of Steel, just as Robert Downey Jr and Chris Hemsworth portrayed Iron Man and Thor in both standalone movies and The Avengers. But even though Justice League is a film that has only really been greenlit due to the $1.5bn success of Joss Whedon's superhero epic, I think and hope studio execs will go for a different approach.

First of all, there's the problem of Snyder and Christopher Nolan's "real-world" approach to Superman for Man of Steel. Out next year, the latest attempt to return Kal-El to cinemas is brought to you by the team behind Nolan's recent Batman trilogy, though the latter is taking a back seat in favour of Watchmen director Snyder. While co-writer David S Goyer was recently at pains to deny the idea that we'll be getting a "dark" Superman, he's been happy to confirm that the new film posits a more realistic take on the world's best-known superhero. A teaser trailer showed a bearded Clark Kent thumbing lifts and doing manual labour somewhere rugged and freezing in north America, and the new Superman outfit is a distinctly muted affair, minus the famous red underpants on the outside. It all points towards an origins story in which the big blue boy scout is – like Nolan's Batman – the only superhero in his world, rather than the inhabitant of a more fantastical universe in which lycra-cladded, super-powered crimefighters lurk around every corner. Since that's exactly the kind of world the Justice League is likely to be dead set on saving, it makes sense for the latter film to feature a more traditional version of the character.

Another reason we might be better off seeing two cinematic versions of Superman (and eventually Batman) is that Warner faces a completely different set of circumstances to that of rival Marvel. The latter's advantage when delivering its highly successful series of interconnected comic book movies – most of them about relatively little-known characters such as Iron Man, Thor and Captain America – was that nobody had previously seen these figures on screen in any sort of respected cinematic iterations, if at all. It was therefore possible to deliver a five-year plan in which all appeared in their own origins movie(s) before teaming up for The Avengers. Faced with the task of aping such success with the DC Comics properties to which it owns the rights, Warner Bros is doomed to fail. Superman is about to be re-established via a risky new reboot, and Batman has just finished a successful run in a deeply iconoclastic trilogy which does not even feature characters with traditional superpowers. In the highly unlikely event that Christian Bale's caped crusader were to suddenly appear in the Justice League's orbiting spaceship control room alongside a green-skinned chap from Mars (Justice League member The Martian Manhunter), an alien with seemingly infinite powers (Superman) and a warrior princess with a magic lasso that forces anyone caught in it not to tell porkies (Wonder Woman), we might be entitled to ask a few questions. Warner needs to bite the bullet and accept that its Justice League should feature all-new versions of all of the above.

Finally, time is running out. With Justice League set to arrive in 2015, there simply isn't time to integrate Warners' previous versions of Batman and Superman with the new ensemble outing. Warner would have to reboot Batman as part of the new team, with knock-on consequences for the hero's next outing. Again, it makes far more sense to keep the two versions of the caped crusader separate and reap the potential rewards from the success of both versions.

There is, of course, a caveat: frankly, I remain doubtful that it makes any sense to bring Justice League to the big screen at all right now. Nevertheless, if Warner must deliver the movie, it ought to do so without destroying any chance of its members appearing in strong solo outings for the next decade or so. In the absence of any other options, the campaign to keep big-screen Batman and Superman separate from their ensemble outings starts here.

I'll leave you with the other major comic book movie news this week, in which Marvel's plans for future Iron Man and Thor movies – in contrast to those of Warner – continue to roll along smoothly. Here are the official plot synopses for Iron Man III and Thor: The Dark World. Will those films keep the studio at the top of the superhero tree? Or are you one of the few who believes Warner can trump the success of The Avengers with a barnstorming Justice League flick?

http://m.guardiannews.com/film/filmb...justice-league

That's an interesting conundrum. Two versions of SUpes and Batman? How will the public react to such a thought?

Aries Walker 11-30-2012 09:56 PM

Wait. Captain America is "little-known"?

Red Brooklyn 11-30-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9165737)

Well, he's certainly no Captain Atom.

-King- 11-30-2012 10:16 PM

Is Chris Nolan going to help on the JL movie also?

Red Brooklyn 11-30-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9165772)
Is Chris Nolan going to help on the JL movie also?

Nah.

They offered and he said no.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/0...ustice-league/

"No involvement at all." - Nolan

ThaVirus 11-30-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9165737)

Before his latest film and the Avengers, I'd say yes. The average person that doesn't read comics wouldn't have known much about Captain America before 2011.

Rugby Thompson 12-01-2012 12:25 AM

This is gonna be a flop especially since Nolan isn't involved, DC sucks anyways except for Batman. Just make a Secret Wars film then a Maximum Carnage one, the only thing I ever wanna see from DC is Batman, maybe this if they could get it done right now but for the most part, all the Superman flicks have been a bust.

Mr. Laz 12-03-2012 07:02 PM

Does the upcoming Justice League feature film already have a villain lined up? Well, according to a report, the answer would be affirmative.

The folks at LatinoReview have learned that when Warner Bros. wrangles the heroes of the DC Comics universe together to hit the big screen in Avengers-like epicness, they will be tangling with none other than the durable, detestable despot, Darkseid.

While it is hardly a report containing much substance, Darkseid has always been the clear front-runner when it comes to the choice of villains who are powerful enough, recognizable enough, and carry the kind of gravitas necessary to be the main antagonist in an effort against the main lineup of DC Comics superheroes, headlined by Superman himself. (Plus, Tom Hiddleston was busy with The Avengers 2.)

What could this mean for DC's mega-team movie movement?

Marvel took things slowly, building their movie universe one character's film at a time, leading into a movie event with already established characters. However, with Justice League (depending on how Warner treats next year's Superman reboot, Man of Steel,) DC might be going into theaters cold, tasked with having to introduce EVERYONE in the team, including its new Batman, who will NOT be Christian Bale's moody, gravel-voiced version from the Christopher Nolan films. (And despite rumors, will also not be Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "Blake/Robin.")

Additionally, they would then have to establish the threat that Darkseid represents and explain his motivation. Such a task entails taking a radical turn from hero introductions on Earth, to the realm of far-away planets.

Created by Jack Kirby in the early 1970's, Darkseid possess immense power, both physically and politically. He's also a slavedriver who had his own mother murdered to gain rule of his planet of Apokolips, turning it into a dark, nightmarish world overrun by his Parademon troopers. He is a megalomaniac whose only purpose is to rule everything, notably the neighboring, idyllic planet of New Genesis. -- That was, until he discovers the existence of Earth and its array of costumed heroes, notably, a certain blue-suited Kryptonian.

That's going to be quite a task for a single film that will sell itself as a big summer tentpoll.

Justice League gets ready to dodge omega beams at theaters in the summer of 2015.

ThaVirus 12-03-2012 07:11 PM

I'm not big on DC but he would seem like the most obvious choice.

Who else would be powerful or smart enough to require the entire Justice League? Doomsday, Brainiac and Lex Luthor come to mind but they may be saved for future Superman installments..

ThaVirus 12-03-2012 07:14 PM

Black Adam is another, I guess..

Maybe a team up headed by Lex Luthor? It would be a way to work in some lesser known villains like Deathstroke, Bizzaro, Gorilla Grodd, Solomon Grundy, etc. They could even use that as a way to bring the Joker back in..

All that sounds like a bit much for the first movie though.

007 12-04-2012 02:39 AM

Is the movie going to be 4 hours long?

Chiefspants 12-04-2012 03:27 AM

Back to my original prediction, this is gunna be bad.

Gravedigger 12-04-2012 05:22 AM

Considering they only have at best one cast member on board with Henry Cavill, assuming this new Man of Steel movie is successful, I would hold off naming a villain until you puts some faces to the names. This all seems forced with arrogance, if Marvel did it why can't we!?

Aries Walker 12-04-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9179203)
Back to my original prediction, this is gunna be bad.

I'm with you on that one.

Deberg_1990 12-04-2012 07:46 AM

I have very little faith in WB to be able to pull this off. Other than Nolans Batman, their recent Superhero history is garbage.

Tribal Warfare 12-04-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9177618)

Maybe a team up headed by Lex Luthor? It would be a way to work in some lesser known villains like Deathstroke, Bizzaro, Gorilla Grodd, Solomon Grundy, etc. They could even use that as a way to bring the Joker back in..

Vandal Savage

Deberg_1990 12-04-2012 08:12 AM

I will add though, that im excited for Man of Steel and i truly hope Snyder and WB pull it off.

whoman69 12-04-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9177618)

Not the Legion of Doom

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...adquarters.jpg

BigCatDaddy 12-04-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9180711)

Maybe build it up to like the third movie to whip out the LOD.

Sure-Oz 12-04-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9179326)
I will add though, that im excited for Man of Steel and i truly hope Snyder and WB pull it off.

Agreed...

The recent superman remake was meh..

The preview for man of steel gave me some hope

jiveturkey 03-04-2013 01:18 PM

Christopher Nolan to produce ‘Justice League’, Christian Bale to return as Batman?

http://batman-news.com/2013/03/03/ch...urn-as-batman/

Nothing like a HUGE story to kick off the launch of Batman News 2.0. I can’t even believe I’m about to write this… but Warner Bros. is reportedly about to put some life into their failed Justice League project. We recently learned that Will Beall’s script has been scrapped, and they were going back to the drawing board. El Mayimbe of Latino Review is back with another huge scoop! According to El Mayimbe, Christopher Nolan’s new role at Warner Bros. is to oversee all developments of their superhero properties. Like he did on Man of Steel, Nolan will “Godfather” and produce the upcoming Justice League movie.But that’s not all…

Last May, Bale told Empire Magazine that if Christopher Nolan came to him with a good story, he’d be willing to play Batman again. The plan right now is to have Christian Bale reprise his role as Batman and join Henry Cavill’s Superman. Warner Bros. feels like their back is against the wall… and has to do something huge in order to compete with Marvel’s The Avengers. El Mayimbe suggests that a scene following Man of Steel’s credits could involve Superman finding a “retired” Bruce Wayne, and persuading him to join his “team”. If that happened, El Mayimbe says fanboys would squeal like 13 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert… and I think he might be right!

Check out the video above for all the details and hit up Latino Review at the source link below for the full story. And for those who are skeptical about this report… Latino Review has been a great source of Warner Bros. movie news. They were the first website to report that Heath Ledger had been cast as The Joker and that Brandon Routh would be Superman in 2006′s Superman Returns. Do you like the idea of Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan teaming up again for Justice League? Or would you prefer Warner Bros. went a different route? Leave your thoughts in the comments below and stay tuned to Batman News for all the latest Justice League updates.

The Franchise 03-04-2013 01:23 PM

A darker Justice League movie would be ****ing awesome. I think if they try and go the route of the Avengers....it won't work as well.