ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

GloucesterChief 07-16-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12959473)
It could be that, but it doesn't make much sense plotwise. Dany's army has to reach the mainland for the story to progress, right?

Tactically, yes that would be the best options since they know where Dany is going to go. They just wait for the fleet to pull up sails and bunch together and then attack and send most of Dany's army into the sea. Hell, a couple fire ships would do a ton of damage alone.

They didn't mention to Euron so who knows?

mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12959473)
It could be that, but it doesn't make much sense plotwise. Dany's army has to reach the mainland for the story to progress, right?

Yes, no one is saying he will be successful in his goal. I do agree that it will have to be something substantial to make it appear to not be a fool's errand to the viewers, but it could be something as simple as giving her the heads of Ellaria Sand and the Sand Snakes (who are of no worth in this show, thus ending a terrible attempt of making Dorne relevant). She now has one less enemy, and no obstructions to her South should she attempt to flank Dany With Euron's fleet.

If it is Dragonbinder, we will begin to hear rumors of it from Sam, or Euron, next episode.

crazycoffey 07-16-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12959355)
ROFL ... yer ****ing reeruned. That shit was awesome. You are probably one who jerksit to truly boring Saul Goodman shit. Even that show is good, but has boring moments. GOT is just fantastic.

Literally; never read RUdy's posts, he's dogshit

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12959369)
Stanis Bartheon had taken over Dragonstone before heading north to eventually burn his daughter at the stake and die after losing in battle to Ramsey Bolton at Winterfell.

Guess nobody thought to fortify it...and because the plot dictates it to be abandoned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12959377)
Keep in mind this happened in history literally all the time. Castles were elaborately constructed, and then altogether abandoned, sometimes in days. This was especially true in areas that lacked natural resources.

IF anyone was there watching a thousand ships sail in, they left. Otherwise it was left abandoned. Either way, don't over think the plot.

mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12959485)
Tactically, yes that would be the best options since they know where Dany is going to go. They just wait for the fleet to pull up sails and bunch together and then attack and send most of Dany's army into the sea. Hell, a couple fire ships would do a ton of damage alone.

They didn't mention to Euron so who knows?

Army on the land preventing escape, and the fleet blocking the exit from the Harbor. It would be tough to escape. Danny possesses the only severe advantage against any military unit (that we have seen to this point): the sky.

crazycoffey 07-16-2017 10:21 PM

It was a good to great season opener. Less fluff between scenes, I loved it

mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 12959517)
It was a good to great season opener. Less fluff between scenes, I loved it

Agreed, they're not ****ing around. Seems like there is quite a distance to cover.

crazycoffey 07-16-2017 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12959516)
Army on the land preventing escape, and the fleet blocking the exit from the Harbor. It would be tough to escape. Danny possesses the only severe advantage against any military unit (that we have seen to this point): the sky.

And when Jamie said it was the most likely landing spot for Danny, he also said their army doesn't have the food supply they once had from high garden. Making the Tyrells the first obstacle, not dragon stone and Dani's fleet sailing in. Cerci also already sent word to Jon to come bend the knee down in the north. Cerci and the lannisters don't have a pot to piss in to fight all their enemies

mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017 10:24 PM

I loved seeing The Hound having a vision in the flames. What a sick God the Lord of Light is.

mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 12959521)
And when Jamie said it was the most likely landing spot for Danny, he also said their army doesn't have the food supply they once had from high garden. Making the Tyrells the first obstacle, not dragon stone and Dani's fleet sailing in. Cerci also already sent word to Jon to come bend the knee down in the north. Cerci and the lannisters don't have a pot to piss in to fight all their enemies

Under the assumption that they are unable to meet Dany's forces in Dragon Stone, their advantage still is heavily predicated upon Euron's fleet's mobility. Dorne poses a great threat to that ability from what I recall reading the books.

Edit: isn't Dragonstone severely close to Kings Landing? They wouldn't need supplies provided in an area of war due to the proximity. They hold down King's Landing while Euron's attacks on the island's flank.

mr. tegu 07-16-2017 10:47 PM

I thought the season trailer made it pretty clear Euron's fleet is going to be fighting Theon's fleet. I don't see him providing support on land anytime soon. And even if he does defeat them his army isn't going to be much help on land anyways given that it seems the Greyjoys aren't worth much in land battles.

Fish 07-16-2017 10:48 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ZfSyNBT.png

Fish 07-16-2017 10:50 PM

I took it as Euron was planning to head to Dragonstone. Which would satisfy the burning ships we've seen in the trailers.

mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12959541)

Thanks. Dragonstone being at the mouth of Blackwater Bay makes Dany the immediate threat. Highgarden will have no impact on the army's movements or tactics.

mdchiefsfan 07-16-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12959544)
I took it as Euron was planning to head to Dragonstone. Which would satisfy the burning ships we've seen in the trailers.

Same here. I just feel it is a bit too obvious, I guess.

Buehler445 07-16-2017 10:54 PM

Man. This show kicks ass. You can't look at any of the production. Not even a costume and say, "yep - that's weak".

It was interesting that John didn't face the resistance they were building. Sansa relented hard saying he is as far from Geoffrey as anyone she's met and Tormound they showed scowling in the previews but he fell in lockstep with John. Which makes some sense. Why would they follow him forever and into battle for his home only to pitch a bitch fit when they get a castle?

And the chamber pot scene was very Breaking Bad-Esque

mr. tegu 07-16-2017 11:02 PM

Just from the trailer it seemed like the Dothraki and Daenerys would be headed towards Kings Landing, Unsullied to Casterly Rock, and the Greyjoy fleets fighting.

But it seems we do find out what prompts Jon to head to Dragonstone. The only question is how soon, but I'm guessing before any of the stuff at the wall as they probably go there to get dragon glass that Sam will be telling him is there. I wonder if he will meet Daenerys there or if she will already be gone.

smith11 07-16-2017 11:51 PM

why no occupants in thecastle dannys landed at?
if it were my town it would be filled with homeless squatters

crazycoffey 07-16-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

No. He said he'd give cerci her greatest desire. Either Tyrian or Sansa IMO. But more likely tyian.

crazycoffey 07-16-2017 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smith11 (Post 12959593)
why no occupants in thecastle dannys landed at?
if it were my town it would be filled with homeless squatters

If you were one of even 1000 people. Seeing 1000 ships would make you leave. And that's assuming there was 1000 troops there

Why Not? 07-17-2017 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 12959594)
No. He said he'd give cerci her greatest desire. Either Tyrian or Sansa IMO. But more likely tyian.

I think you're confusing that with what Ellaria Sand said to Lady Tyrell. Euron talked about a priceless/great(I can't remember the exact term)gift.

Hawk 07-17-2017 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 12959650)
I think you're confusing that with what Ellaria Sand said to Lady Tyrell. Euron talked about a priceless/great(I can't remember the exact term)gift.

He said priceless gift. My first thought was Tyrion, or maybe Sansa. The dragon horn is a possibility too, though it has never been mentioned on the show so far. Others have suggested it could be the heads of the Sand Snakes who killed Myrcella. Should be interesting to see.

RINGLEADER 07-17-2017 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 12959594)

I say it's the horn. You have Euron established as the guy who's been around the world and seen it all. Plus, if there's no threat to Danny she'll just roll through everyone and while I'd love to see it there has to be some kind of threat/trap Cersei can lay. Just my guesses.

Why Not? 07-17-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 12959672)
He said priceless gift. My first thought was Tyrion, or maybe Sansa. The dragon horn is a possibility too, though it has never been mentioned on the show so far. Others have suggested it could be the heads of the Sand Snakes who killed Myrcella. Should be interesting to see.

Indeed

Why Not? 07-17-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 12959690)
I say it's the horn. You have Euron established as the guy who's been around the world and seen it all. Plus, if there's no threat to Danny she'll just roll through everyone and while I'd love to see it there has to be some kind of threat/trap Cersei can lay. Just my guesses.

That's a good thought. Without taking the Dragons out or incapacitating them, there is no shot

DJ's left nut 07-17-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Geographically he has little choice.

I mean we have to presume he took his ships into Blackwater Bay, right? How's he getting out of there without passing Dragonstone?

He HAS to go to Dragonstone. And if he just sidles merrily by, well what the !@#$ does Dany have all those ships for? Unless we're to presume that he got past there before Dany made it into Dragonstone (in which case, why the hell didn't he garrison it? Or why didn't Cersei order him to, given that she knew that's where Dany was headed?).

The whole 'unguarded Dragonstone' thing annoys me a fair amount, to be honest.

DJ's left nut 07-17-2017 09:53 AM

Oh, and here's the callback with the Hound.

https://youtu.be/VKPEEIuU0to

Remember when he beat and robbed the farmer that took him in? (And the little girl made him rabbit stew?)

Ouch. That stings a bit.

L.A. Chieffan 07-17-2017 10:02 AM

Arya should just get Thug Life tattooed on her chest

The Franchise 07-17-2017 10:12 AM

Those giant wights though. ****.

Sorce 07-17-2017 11:11 AM

What if he already has the horn and is going to bring her a dragon? If he is the one that can control the dragon Cersi needs him, if she gets the horn and can control the dragon herself she doesn't have a need for him.

TambaBerry 07-17-2017 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorce (Post 12959888)
What if he already has the horn and is going to bring her a dragon? If he is the one that can control the dragon Cersi needs him, if she gets the horn and can control the dragon herself she doesn't have a need for him.

Not sure if this is spoilers or not but its definitely speculation

Spoiler!

The Franchise 07-17-2017 11:52 AM

If he already had the horn....then you think that he would have mentioned it and that would have been the cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

I think he'll just bring her the sand snakes dead.

ThaVirus 07-17-2017 12:25 PM

I'm loving Sandor's growth right now. I can't say he's had the best character development as I'd have to give that to Jamie (although show Jamie still can't touch book Jamie), but he's come a long way. Seeing that family dead as a direct result of his actions probably wouldn't have given him pause even up to seasons 4-5 and now it's weighing on his heart heavily enough to bury them during a storm. He's fighting tooth and nail to remain faithless yet he can't ignore all of this evidence he's seeing forever.

Also, at first I thought it had potential to be corny AF when Thoros told him to look in the flames, but they did a good job of not actually showing the vision and having him narrate instead.. speaking of, anyone know the significance of "the mountain, looks like an arrowhead"?

TambaBerry 07-17-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12959963)
If he already had the horn....then you think that he would have mentioned it and that would have been the cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

I don't think they would introduce it like that, "by the way I have this horn that controls dragons" Nobody would believe him. Now if he went to attack Dany, used the horn to control the dragon then brought that back with him then yeah.

mr. tegu 07-17-2017 01:09 PM

What were his exact words? Something you desire or something like that?

I feel like it has to be something she has a history with. I don't think she really wants or desires a dragon because they haven't really established that or even that she is afraid of them.

Buehler445 07-17-2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12959757)
Oh, and here's the callback with the Hound.

https://youtu.be/VKPEEIuU0to

Remember when he beat and robbed the farmer that took him in? (And the little girl made him rabbit stew?)

Ouch. That stings a bit.

Yeah. My buddy noticed it and called it out. That is rough stuff. ROUGH

Great Expectations 07-17-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12960011)
I don't think they would introduce it like that, "by the way I have this horn that controls dragons" Nobody would believe him. Now if he went to attack Dany, used the horn to control the dragon then brought that back with him then yeah.

He wouldn't need her if he had the dragons.

Bowser 07-17-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 12960077)
He wouldn't need her if he had the dragons.

Only if he's serious about wanting to marry her.

Euron's back and forth with Jaime was fantastic, as well.

OmahaChief 07-17-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12960009)
I'm loving Sandor's growth right now. I can't say he's had the best character development as I'd have to give that to Jamie (although show Jamie still can't touch book Jamie), but he's come a long way. Seeing that family dead as a direct result of his actions probably wouldn't have given him pause even up to seasons 4-5 and now it's weighing on his heart heavily enough to bury them during a storm. He's fighting tooth and nail to remain faithless yet he can't ignore all of this evidence he's seeing forever.

Also, at first I thought it had potential to be corny AF when Thoros told him to look in the flames, but they did a good job of not actually showing the vision and having him narrate instead.. speaking of, anyone know the significance of "the mountain, looks like an arrowhead"?

I took that to mean his brother The Mountain. I guess you could say he looks like an arrowhead in a way.

http://ksassets.timeincuk.net/wp/upl...T_270616-1.jpg

Buehler445 07-17-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12959963)

This is my guess. As long as the one gets naked again before she goes down.

Quote:

Hounds storyline has been damned compelling for awhile now. The lead up and then the fight with Brienne along with the aftermath of Arya not killing him was incredible television. Just amazing.

I think that mountain is the fist of the first men. Pretty sure that's where the battle takes place they showed in the previews. IIRC that is where Sam and Jon found the horn and dragon glass.

KC_Lee 07-17-2017 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 12960081)
I took that to mean his brother The Mountain. I guess you could say he looks like an arrowhead in a way.

I thought that as well. The mountain in question is not a geological mountain but his zombie-fied brother.

Radar Chief 07-17-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

speaking of, anyone know the significance of "the mountain, looks like an arrowhead"?

Sam said something about a mountain of dragon glass then rushed a message off to Jon. :shrug:

MagicHef 07-17-2017 01:41 PM

Sandor sure can dig a grave.

Sorter 07-17-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 12960109)
Sandor sure can dig a grave.

http://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploa...ers-gif-11.gif

Sorter 07-17-2017 01:55 PM

Would be absolutely shocked if Dragonbinder shows up in the show. They're going on a different path with Euron than the books will. It's a shame because they could have had a second serious baddie (in addition to the WW) if they'd started building his character in S5 instead of the Dorne disaster.

raybec 4 07-17-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12960123)
Would be absolutely shocked if Dragonbinder shows up in the show. They're going on a different path with Euron than the books will. It's a shame because they could have had a second serious baddie (in addition to the WW) if they'd started building his character in S5 instead of the Dorne disaster.

Yeah, they should have left Dorne out of it all together and focused on creating more depth from Euron, it would have been great to see him reaving and raping exotic coastlines.

The Franchise 07-17-2017 02:58 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T2xjYJvcAjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 07-17-2017 03:57 PM

So Dragonglass is going to cure Jorah.

Quote:

Take a look at this screengrab of the book that Sam was reading. As you can see, there's a passage that discusses the medicinal qualities that ingesting dragon glass can have on someone that's ill.
https://m0.joe.co.uk/wp-content/uplo...GlassJorah.jpg

Quote:

Who else in the show has previously contracted greyscale?

Yep, you guessed right. Princess Shireen, and she managed to live a relatively healthy life until her father burned her at the stake.

Care to guess where Princess Shireen lived for the majority of her life? Dragonstone. The same place that has a mountain of dragon glass hidden beneath the surface.

Frazod 07-17-2017 04:12 PM

Hmm. I'll bet he'll be annoyed as **** when he realizes he could have hopped on the ship with Dani and gone straight to the cure. LMAO

TambaBerry 07-17-2017 06:25 PM

Also, it's weird they talk about no cure and no maester read that book or knew about dragon glass curing it? I find that hard to believe. Although I do think the maesters at the citadel are lazy assholes though and something weird is up with them.

Hammock Parties 07-17-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 12960537)
Also, it's weird they talk about no cure and no maester read that book or knew about dragon glass curing it? I find that hard to believe. Although I do think the maesters at the citadel are lazy assholes though and something weird is up with them.

The Maesters strike me as either kind of ignorant outside their little sphere of influence, or maliciously not giving a **** about the general population and thinking a little culling of the herd would do Westeros some good, therefore **** defending them.

But Sam already basically told us no one believed him, so if they don't give a **** about the dead, they don't give a **** about finding ways to defeat them, and going out to find dragon glass to cure one dude probably isn't in their interests either.

GloucesterChief 07-17-2017 08:02 PM

So, Dragonstone is at the mouth of Blackwater Bay and basically can control the water routes in and out of Kings Landing and no one was defending it?

It had better be a trap or it makes Jamie look pretty dumb as overall commander of the Lannister forces.

Buehler445 07-17-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12960802)
So, Dragonstone is at the mouth of Blackwater Bay and basically can control the water routes in and out of Kings Landing and no one was defending it?

It had better be a trap or it makes Jamie look pretty dumb as overall commander of the Lannister forces.

He just rolled in from river run because his **** sister told him to.

The Franchise 07-17-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

The Lannister forces aren't this huge ****ing army. They have to protect Casterly Rock as well as Kings Landing. They don't have the man power to cover that much ground.

BigRichard 07-17-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12959466)
Interesting. I didn't think about the horn as the gift. I thought it would be the decimation of Dany's fleet, but that is an interesting perspective.

I think it could possibly be Tyrion. If he is able to get to him and capture him.

RustShack 07-17-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

It's like all off the abandoned castles on the wall. There just aren't enough men. The Lannisters barely have any allies, who would go there? Hell all of the people who should have control of Casterly Rock are all in Kinglanding.

RustShack 07-17-2017 08:59 PM

The gift will be the sandsnakes after he destroys the greyjoy fleet. Which Danny doesn't really need anymore anyways, since her and her army has made it to Westeros.

GloucesterChief 07-17-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 12960879)
The gift will be the sandsnakes after he destroys the greyjoy fleet. Which Danny doesn't really need anymore anyways, since her and her army has made it to Westeros.

Dragonstone is an island. Destroy the fleet and you destroy a good chunk of the army and leave the rest to starve on an island and Dany doesn't know a Davos Seaworth.

RustShack 07-17-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 12960887)
Dragonstone is an island. Destroy the fleet and you destroy a good chunk of the army and leave the rest to starve on an island and Dany doesn't know a Davos Seaworth.

Obviously not every single ship is going to be manned/in this battle.

ThaVirus 07-17-2017 10:15 PM

As far as in-world logic is concerned, like others have said, there just aren't enough men. They've got enemies at all sides.

For budget purposes, they probably just couldn't work in another battle that would have ended up as a slaughterhouse anyway.

Dylan 07-18-2017 01:25 AM

In a Wall Street documentary in front of a live audience, Christopher Farley Senior Director, The Wall Street Journal interviewed Kit Harington in advance of the season premiere.

Farley asked Harington, "Whom would you like to see on the Iron Throne?" Harington replied, "Tyrion."

After Farley pressed him further, Harington admitted, "Personally, I don't really tell my theories about things, I think it could be...It's not exactly Tyrion, but I think it could be Tyrion."

Kit Harington on Who Should Win 'Game of Thrones'

<iframe allowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="512" height="288" src="https://video-api.wsj.com/api-video/player/v3/iframe.html?guid=8A25090D-7D3C-4994-84AD-B53AAA4B7883"></iframe>

http://on.wsj.com/2uoizp9

DJ's left nut 07-18-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12960832)
The Lannister forces aren't this huge ****ing army. They have to protect Casterly Rock as well as Kings Landing. They don't have the man power to cover that much ground.

You just blew a hole in the center of town and killed a few dozen nobles.

Cersei should've been finding a loyalist to garrison Dragonstone - it's a plot hole. Dragonstone has been left abandoned for probably a year or more (we can't be sure given the timelines but we know that the iron fleet made it all the way around the southern tip of Westeros and found Dany. Meanwhile Varys was able to get all the way to Dorne and meet with Oleanna Tyrell since the Sept was blown up). There was PLENTY of time to get someone installed in Dragonstone. Send the Marbrands or something.

You can jump up a minor noble house and give them, y'know, a castle and they'll go ahead and move.

The Franchise 07-18-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12961197)

Cersei should've been finding a loyalist to garrison Dragonstone - it's a plot hole. Dragonstone has been left abandoned for probably a year or more (we can't be sure given the timelines but we know that the iron fleet made it all the way around the southern tip of Westeros and found Dany. Meanwhile Varys was able to get all the way to Dorne and meet with Oleanna Tyrell since the Sept was blown up). There was PLENTY of time to get someone installed in Dragonstone. Send the Marbrands or something.

You can jump up a minor noble house and give them, y'know, a castle and they'll go ahead and move.

Dragonstone is a hard place to just throw someone into though. You can't grow shit there....and Cersei mentioned that Highgarden is the one with all of the wheat and food.

vailpass 07-18-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12961225)
Dragonstone is a hard place to just throw someone into though. You can't grow shit there....and Cersei mentioned that Highgarden is the one with all of the wheat and food.

DJ has a good point and so do you, Dragonstone is not a highly desired property. Not able to feed itself and loaded with Targ ghosts.

Better alternative would have been to knock it down or blow it up. Cersei destroys bigger before breakfast.

Big thing is to get to that dragon glass.

raybec 4 07-18-2017 11:21 AM

Sir Bronn of the Blackwater will be promised Dragonstone if he is willing to go take it.

Swanman 07-18-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12961197)

In the books they did, and that's where Loras died during the attack on Dragonstone. Now if fatass would stop dicking his fans around, we may actually get more reading material from him before he eats one Big Mac too many and has a grabber.

ThaVirus 07-18-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12961435)
In the books they did, and that's where Loras died during the attack on Dragonstone. Now if fatass would stop dicking his fans around, we may actually get more reading material from him before he eats one Big Mac too many and has a grabber.

Did book Loras die? I thought he was just severely injured and currently recovering?

Chiefspants 07-18-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

His recent entries on NotaBlog were straight up cruel. He seems to be getting sadistic enjoyment from stringing his fans along at this point. I get he must be devastated that the show's going to spoil the series (and likely his motivation to finish it), but no need to buck off that frustration on the fans, George.

BigRichard 07-18-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12961618)
Did book Loras die? I thought he was just severely injured and currently recovering?

I think he was severely injured to the point of he won't really recover. I think he was basically burned to a crisp.

DJ's left nut 07-18-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12961624)
His recent entries on NotaBlog were straight up cruel. He seems to be getting sadistic enjoyment from stringing his fans along at this point. I get he must be devastated that the show's going to spoil the series (and likely his motivation to finish it), but no need to buck off that frustration on the fans, George.

I wasn't going to watch the show. I was going to give Martin the chance to give us HIS vision and HIS ending.

But he's been such an antagonistic prick about the whole thing that I just said '**** it'. Dude sold out - as is his right - but I don't have to continue to wait for him and I damn sure don't have to put up with his 'deal with it' manner of speaking to his fans.

So I'll get my ending from TV and that's probably gonna have to be good enough. The guy isn't gonna finish this series.

Bowser 07-18-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12961431)
Sir Bronn of the Blackwater will be promised Dragonstone if he is willing to go take it.

You just solved Game of Thrones. This isn't about which high and mighty house name will reign over the lands of both Westeros and Essos, it's about a guy that started out as a low life mercenary that hadn't bathed in weeks that turns out to be the last one standing through patience and cunning. Bronn is going to out-Littlefinger Littlefinger, and he'll do it by patiently watching all the houses slaughter each other.

DanBecky 07-18-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12961668)
You just solved Game of Thrones. This isn't about which high and mighty house name will reign over the lands of both Westeros and Essos, it's about a guy that started out as a low life mercenary that hadn't bathed in weeks that turns out to be the last one standing through patience and cunning. Bronn is going to out-Littlefinger Littlefinger, and he'll do it by patiently watching all the houses slaughter each other.

I'd be fine with that, I love that character.

Chazno 07-18-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 12961818)
I'd be fine with that, I love that character.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r5V8ecsrxeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you not? After he is crowned he breaks out in song!

Baby Lee 07-18-2017 09:05 PM

ROFL - Euron = Jared Let-Himself-Go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N0yi0RQvEi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorter 07-19-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Loras is not confirmed dead in the books. He is damaged quite a bit.

Swanman 07-19-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12962586)
Loras is not confirmed dead in the books. He is damaged quite a bit.

It sounded like he was grievously wounded but in Martin's world even if you are dead-dead you can come back. Either way, it's better than being put in the dungeon because you are gay and then being blowed up.

Swanman 07-19-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12961668)

In the books he marries Lolly, the girl that was gang-raped during the riot with Joffrey. She gets pregnant and Bronn ends up naming the baby Tywin. He is the best.

BigRichard 07-19-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12962752)
In the books he marries Lolly, the girl that was gang-raped during the riot with Joffrey. She gets pregnant and Bronn ends up naming the baby Tywin. He is the best.

I thought he named it Tyrion???

The Franchise 07-19-2017 02:57 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x6kqVusK26c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

underEJ 07-19-2017 11:26 PM

Where did Lord Manderly go? Didn't see him in the Winterfell great hall scene.

Bowser 07-20-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 12964072)
Where did Lord Manderly go? Didn't see him in the Winterfell great hall scene.

In the books he survived, but did the Boltons kill him in the show? I'm having a hard time keeping all these characters in line....