ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Percy Harvin (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269891)

Mother****erJones 02-10-2013 11:20 PM

This would be an interesting pickup. There's going to be teams that will trade a second for him im sure. So Id take Geno 1, trade 34 for Percy Harvin because although we have 1st pick in rd 3, some team in rd 2 will trade for him. I would love to also trade next years 3 for Jeremy Maclin which making it conditional if he has certain accomplishments wouldnt be a bad idea. Lets roll Bowe, Maclin, Harvin, Breaston and DMC out there. Id trade Baldwin during the draft. Id re-sign Bowe, and Maclin and see how Harvin does this year. Harvin, Charles, Maclin on the same field could be like watching fireworks

Mother****erJones 02-10-2013 11:23 PM

TBG, have you heard any rumblings on who KC is targeting through free agency and trade?

mcaj22 02-10-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9393038)
TBG, have you heard any rumblings on who KC is targeting through free agency and trade?

and how is this possible yet.

Hoover 02-10-2013 11:28 PM

I'm sure Toub would love to have a guy like Harvin

Hootie 02-10-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9393034)
This would be an interesting pickup. There's going to be teams that will trade a second for him im sure. So Id take Geno 1, trade 34 for Percy Harvin because although we have 1st pick in rd 3, some team in rd 2 will trade for him. I would love to also trade next years 3 for Jeremy Maclin which making it conditional if he has certain accomplishments wouldnt be a bad idea. Lets roll Bowe, Maclin, Harvin, Breaston and DMC out there. Id trade Baldwin during the draft. Id re-sign Bowe, and Maclin and see how Harvin does this year. Harvin, Charles, Maclin on the same field could be like watching fireworks

I'm only ok with this if we trade next years 1st for Russell Wilson and take Chance Womack #1 overall

Hootie 02-10-2013 11:29 PM

I mean Tony Womack

Bewbies 02-10-2013 11:29 PM

Wasn't Chilly the coach when they drafted him? I'm sure he'll have a lot of input for Reid as to whether or not Harvin is worth bringing in.

Mother****erJones 02-10-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9393043)
and how is this possible yet.

Theyre getting their Free Agency plan together so they have a list of targets im sure

mcaj22 02-11-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9393078)
Theyre getting their Free Agency plan together so they have a list of targets im sure

franchise tags havent even opened yet so there isnt even close to a full FA picture yet

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9391824)
He certainly would help the development.

While I'd love to get someone at the top of the 2nd like Brown from K State, adding playmakers to this offense has to be a huge priority.

id be down with Brown. Kid is beastly.
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc 02-11-2013 01:01 AM

I'd do it if only to prevent spending a second on a retread QB.

TimeForWasp 02-11-2013 03:21 AM

It makes me wonder why they are trading him away.

jspchief 02-11-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9391856)
3rd, yes.

2nd, no way.

My first thought was, if they are asking for a 2nd, the first pick in the 3rd will get him. That's assuming no one is offering an earlier pick.

There will be good players at position of need at our 2nd pick. Would like to keep it if possible. Not that I don't think Harvin is worth it, but the idea of that high pick plus what his new contract will cost us seems like a steep price.

doomy3 02-11-2013 08:29 AM

I'd give a second in a heartbeat. That's contingent on being able to re-sign him to a deal, but he is one of the most electric players in the NFL and is 24 years old. This is a no brainer.

Hammock Parties 02-11-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Lets roll Bowe, Maclin, Harvin, Breaston and DMC out there.
LMAO

One of these things is not like the others.

Cut DMC.

htismaqe 02-11-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9391812)
He's going to be available and I think he's the perfect fit offensively here.

Does have the baggage, injury issues, but he's one of the 5 best play makers in the entire league.

Report is the Vikings will shop him for a 2nd rounder.

Would this entice you to pull the trigger?

YES.

Harvin would provide the perfect safety blanket for a rookie QB...

Mother****erJones 02-11-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9393254)
LMAO

One of these things is not like the others.

Cut DMC.

I don't care cut him lol doesn't bug me

MahiMike 02-11-2013 09:24 AM

he'd be our Desean Jackson - only better.

RyFo18 02-11-2013 09:51 AM

We could just tape a cheetah to McCluster's back and save our draft picks.

DaKCMan AP 02-11-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9393396)
We could just tape McCluster to a cheetah's back and save our draft picks.

FYP

Sorter 02-11-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9393413)
FYP

LMAO

Red And Yellow 02-11-2013 11:43 AM

would be nice to have a return threat, haven't had one since Hall... With the baggage make me wonder with Jon Baldwin already punched Jones last season all he needs is someone like Percy making him worse. ( is Jon reeruned Jones arms are the size of my head) Not that I'm big on Baldwin he has his moments though. All in All I like Harvin as an athlete maybe all he needs is a change of scenery

houstonwhodat 02-11-2013 12:16 PM

He likes to smoke a lot of weed. He should play for the Donkies.

Easy 6 02-11-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9391886)
I'd give them Baldwin and a 3rd if that's what it took. I'd give up a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year if we could keep that 2nd.

That seems like a reasonable deal, dude would be a massive risk but if it panned out that deal would be a winner.

Mr. Laz 02-11-2013 01:05 PM

Harvin is expected to hold out under current deal
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2013, 1:49 PM EST

AP
With so much talk about what the Vikings want to do with receiver Percy Harvin, there hasn’t been much talk about what Harvin wants to do with the Vikings.

And Harvin, at this stage of his career, wants to get paid.

Last year, when Harvin asked for a trade, he wasn’t unhappy with his financial situation. But he then viewed 2012 as a contract year. Which means that, even with one year left on his rookie deal, Harvin wants a new contract.

And he could be preparing to take a stand in order to get it. Per a league source, Harvin currently is expected to stay away from offseason workouts and training camp absent a new deal.

He’s due to make $2.9 million in 2013. It’s unclear what he wants, but high-end wideouts earn at or about eight figures annually.

And while it’s also unclear whether Harvin wants to stay in Minnesota, whether the Vikings will pay him what he wants surely has a lot to do with whether he’ll want to stay.

Because Harvin has four years of service, he could stay away from training camp and skip up to 10 weeks of the regular season while still getting credit toward the final year of his contract and becoming an unrestricted free agent next year. Though he would face significant fines and the loss of multiple game checks, a holdout is likely unless he signs a new contract.

htismaqe 02-11-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9393751)
He likes to smoke a lot of weed. He should play for the Donkies.

He'd fit in fine with some of our defensive guys.

mcaj22 02-11-2013 01:35 PM

lol miss 10 weeks of the regular season

Harvin would do something like that too

ptlyon 02-11-2013 02:35 PM

Head case. Literally.

OnTheWarpath15 02-11-2013 05:05 PM

So the Vikings, who have spent every day the past 4 years dealing with Harvin, are looking to deal him.

That tells me everything I need to know.

Pass.

Not interested in giving up a R2 or R3 pick for a guy with a history of being a massive ****tard, regardless of how talented he is when he decides to play. Dude's had issues at every level of the game. That's not gonna change.

A draft pick and a Brinks truck of cash for that?

No thanks.

RyFo18 02-11-2013 05:10 PM

I'm duplicating this post from another forum I posted on, but I did a little research on Percy Harvin:

Harvin has 280 receptions, 3302 yards and 20 TDs through his first 4 years. He also didn't play 7 games this year. So I did a search on ProFootballReference to see what other players have posted receptions, yards, and TD number higher than this in their first 4 seasons. Here are the players:

Moss, Holt, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Sterling Sharpe, Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Andre Rison, Keyshawn Johnson, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, and Al Toon. 13 other players.

Harvin also has 107 carries for 683 yards (6.4 ypc) and 4 rushing TDs in his career.

Players that have 5 kick return TDs in their first 4 seasons? Him and Josh Cribbs.

mcaj22 02-11-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9394495)
I'm duplicating this post from another forum I posted on, but I did a little research on Percy Harvin:

Harvin has 280 receptions, 3302 yards and 20 TDs through his first 4 years. He also didn't play 7 games this year. So I did a search on ProFootballReference to see what other players have posted receptions, yards, and TD number higher than this in their first 4 seasons. Here are the players:

Moss, Holt, Boldin, Fitzgerald, Sterling Sharpe, Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Andre Rison, Keyshawn Johnson, Marques Colston, Brandon Marshall, and Al Toon. 13 other players.

Harvin also has 107 carries for 683 yards (6.4 ypc) and 4 rushing TDs in his career.

Players that have 5 kick return TDs in their first 4 seasons? Him and Josh Cribbs.

and most of those guys played with real QBs.

Harvins had what, one year of a old end of career Brett Favre

OnTheWarpath15 02-11-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9394495)

Funny, there's a guy we know that smoked those numbers in his first 4 years, on five fewer catches, while missing 5 games.

275 catches, 3,768 yards, 31 TD's.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9394484)
So the Vikings, who have spent every day the past 4 years dealing with Harvin, are looking to deal him.

That tells me everything I need to know.

Pass.

Not interested in giving up a R2 or R3 pick for a guy with a history of being a massive ****tard, regardless of how talented he is when he decides to play. Dude's had issues at every level of the game. That's not gonna change.

A draft pick and a Brinks truck of cash for that?

No thanks.

Are you saying hes not "right 53" materie'l....?
Posted via Mobile Device

RyFo18 02-11-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9394567)
Funny, there's a guy we know that smoked those numbers in his first 4 years, on five fewer catches, while missing 5 games.

275 catches, 3,768 yards, 31 TD's.

And that's fine. Bowe and Harvin are two completely different players.

Did you know, Harvin led all Wide Receivers in broken tackles this year with 22? He played in 9 frikkin games. The next closest was Marshall, with 17.

OnTheWarpath15 02-11-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9394572)
Are you saying hes not "right 53" materie'l....?
Posted via Mobile Device

Being declared ineligible by the Virginia High School Athletic Association.

Failing multiple drug tests, many that were swept under the rug by Urban Meyer, and one during the Combine.

Grabbing his WR coach by the neck and throwing him to the ground.

Having serious entitlement issues at UF.

Taking games off due to "headaches."

And that's just off the top of my head.

The Minnesota Vikings - who have Adrian Peterson and ****ing slapdicks on offense are willing to part ways with Harvin - tells me everything I need to know. A team that is DESPERATE for playmakers is cutting the only one they have not named Peterson loose.

And it's going to take a high pick AND a ****ton of cash.

**** that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 05:55 PM

in that light, i have to agree.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 02-11-2013 07:22 PM

yeah like I said

I'd be pretty indifferent...

but I will say...the risk with Percy isn't any riskier than anybody at #34 MINUS the money part that OTWP brought up

at least we know Percy is a superstar talented NFL player...but I understand those who don't want to pay a cancer.

it makes sense both ways

Setsuna 02-11-2013 07:25 PM

Yall don't deserve him honestly. Now that I've seen how incredibly stupid people are about it. You won't get him.

Hootie 02-11-2013 07:26 PM

I think objectivity isn't going to be your strong point here, bub.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9394861)
Yall don't deserve him honestly. Now that I've seen how incredibly stupid people are about it. You won't get him.

Bullshit to the first two sentences. Good to the last
Posted via Mobile Device

Mother****erJones 02-11-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9394861)

And you deserve him with your 15 fans? Were the best fan best. Go suck off Tebow. WE personally got Egoli fired.

HotCarl 02-11-2013 07:41 PM

He doesn't fit the profile, you can't really argue that.

Mother****erJones 02-11-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9394890)
He doesn't fit the profile, you can't really argue that.

And what profile is it that you speak of?

RyFo18 02-11-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9394896)

The Chiefs can't have nice things.

HotCarl 02-11-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9394896)

Class, character, leadership. The profile of players you look for in order to have a TEAM.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9394899)
The Chiefs can't have nice things.

He isn't nice
Posted via Mobile Device

HotCarl 02-11-2013 07:53 PM

I remember the last guy the Vikings let go when he said he'd play when he wanted to play. He was still pretty good when he worked in close proximity to Tom Brady, much as Matt Cassel and Scott Pioli were, but other than that he was never really very productive again.

O.city 02-11-2013 07:58 PM

For the most part, I don't give a shit if a guy is a jerk off the field as long as he produces.

But that can only go so far. In this situation, no thanks.

DJ's left nut 02-11-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9394900)
Class, character, leadership. The profile of players you look for in order to have a TEAM.

That's the profile of players that Scott Pioli looked for to build a team.

And they !@#$ing sucked.

The Ravens won a SB with a murderer at MLB. Rob Gronkowski is the fratboy douche to end all fratboy douches. Aaron Rodgers is, by his own teammates admission, a sensitive, moody, quasi-diva.

Spare me this bullshit. NFL teams are full of assholes, enigmas and flat out lousy human beings.

Can they play? That's all I care about. You can keep on chasing "The Right 53"...I'll go ahead and pursue talented players. I'll be the farm on my squad kicking the piss out of yours.

HotCarl 02-11-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9394922)
That's the profile of players that Scott ***** looked for to build a team.

And they !@#$ing sucked.

The Ravens won a SB with a murderer at MLB. Rob Gronkowski is the fratboy douche to end all fratboy douches. Aaron Rodgers is, by his own teammates admission, a sensitive, moody, quasi-diva.

Spare me this bullshit. NFL teams are full of assholes, enigmas and flat out lousy human beings.

Can they play? That's all I care about. You can keep on chasing "The Right 53"...I'll go ahead and pursue talented players. I'll be the farm on my squad kicking the piss out of yours.

You're so tough. Please hammer don't hurt 'em! :deevee:

O.city 02-11-2013 08:03 PM

Well, it's pretty obvious that HotCarl is likely a mult.

SAUTO 02-11-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9394922)
That's the profile of players that Scott Pioli looked for to build a team.

And they !@#$ing sucked.

When have any of them had an altercation with a coach that ended up physical?

When had any of then not played due to a head ache?

I don't see the ravens, pats, or packers trying to trade those guys? Why?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-11-2013 11:28 PM

maybe we don't WANT the mother****er, gaytor boy?
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 02-11-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9394974)
When have any of them had an altercation with a coach that ended up physical?

When had any of then not played due to a head ache?

I don't see the ravens, pats, or packers trying to trade those guys? Why?
Posted via Mobile Device

those teams took flyers on WAY worse players than Percy Harvin's headaches and coaching attacking

tony77 02-11-2013 11:31 PM

In a word would be AWESOME!

CHENZ A! 02-11-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony77 (Post 9395841)
In a word would be AWESOME!

you can't count. ha.

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

If WR Harvin, Vikings part ways, some team will get a star

By Jason La Canfora | NFL Insider
Feb. 11, 2013 10:48 PM ET

The Minnesota Vikings will not get fair value for do-everything receiver Percy Harvin, and they know it. They just might have to deal him anyway.

And if they do, he should end up being the highest paid of all wide receivers to change teams this offseason, and for good reason. If I were running a team, Harvin would leap to the top of my receiver wish list. I'll take Harvin at, say, $12.5 million a year over Mike Wallace at $11 million or Greg Jennings at $10 million, even if I have to give up a second-round pick and then some to get him.

Harvin has already displayed that he can be a difference maker on an offensively inept team, and heaven only knows what the dynamic and versatile threat could accomplish on a contending team that had a capable quarterback and a few other weapons around him in the passing game. It's a luxury that some lucky offensive coach (Andy Reid, anyone?) just might get to partake in come the 2013 season, given the bind in which Vikings general manager Rick Spielman find himself.

Harvin, who briefly requested a trade a year ago before mending fences with coach Leslie Frazier, is not going to play for $2.9 million (the amount left on his rookie deal) this season. This, too, the Vikings know. And despite trying to explore options to extend Harvin since before the start of the 2012 season, well, things have gone pretty much nowhere. Yes, the sides will discuss the matter again during the combine, but even then I'd be surprised if there were any monumental breakthroughs.

So, much like the Jets with Darrelle Revis, the Vikings -- short of giving Harvin $25 million guaranteed and somewhere around $13 million a year themselves -- must analyze whether it makes more sense to deal Harvin now for what you can get for him, or watch him leave for nothing but a compensatory pick a year from now. It's an unenviable position to be in, as the rest of the NFL is acutely aware of what is transpiring, and thus Spielman is not in a position of strength to accrue maximum return for Harvin on the trade market.

He's not going to get a first-round pick for Harvin, despite him being a first-round talent, given these circumstances. But for a player who has clearly been uncomfortable with the Vikings' offensive direction -- or lack thereof -- at various times during his brief career, and with Minnesota hard against the cap (restructuring Jared Allen is a must, while key parts of the offensive line are hitting free agency), and Harvin quite possibly not a part of their long-term future anyway, the Vikings' best bet may be to shop him around now, despite the fact that Minnesota is already desperate for playmakers in the passing game to try to boost the team after last season's surprising playoff run.

As for other general managers, especially those sitting on mounds of cap space and in need of match-up nightmares on offense, well, Harvin must be seen as the best available. For all of the depth of this wide receiver class, Harvin is younger than Wes Welker, far more versatile that Wallace, no more fragile than Jennings and more consistent than Dwayne Bowe.

What's more, Harvin can help you win a football game on every down. He is one of the best return threats in the NFL and an elite slot receiver. Of course, you can also line him up out wide. And he proved to be a game-changer out of the backfield with the Vikings as well, the best back on the team not named Adrian Peterson. If you want to run some read-option/Wildcat stuff, well, he could quarterback that for you if need be. He is too fast to be covered by most, and his agility and improvisational skills make him a perfect fit for this pass-happy/spread formation era of football.

Harvin is just entering his prime and seems to have put his migraine problems behind him. This is someone who was a legitimate MVP candidate last season before getting hurt and someone who can match up among the best in the game at several different positions. And let's not pretend that these other receivers are a sure thing, as Jennings has been oft-injured and is nearing age 30, Bowe drops plenty of balls, Wallace wilted under the pressure of playing in a contract year in 2012 following his prolonged hold-out, and it's also worth noting that Wallace and Jennings have played with future Hall of Fame quarterbacks while Harvin has played, with, well, pretty much no one.

Also, I can't state this strongly enough: Harvin doesn't turn 25 until the end May. He's younger that Colin Kaepernick, for goodness sake, despite entering his fifth NFL season. And he can beat you in the screen game. He can beat you in the intermediate passing game. He can beat you in the deep game. And he can beat you carrying the football.

I understand the injury concerns. I understand some of the issues of attitude and clashing with coaches. But I have talked to enough of his teammates to understand some of Harvin's frustrations with the lack of a full-bodied offensive attack with the Vikings, and to a man his teammates say he is driven to win. He can be immature and he's made some mistakes, but no one this talented hits the trade market this young unless there have been a few bumps in the road.

I'd take my chances with him.

In terms of yards after the catch, his numbers last season were nearly identical to those of Darren Sproles, again, without being a part of an offense nearly as balanced as the New Orleans', and without Drew Brees getting him the football. All he's done is average a ridiculous 6.4 yards per carry in his career. He has five career return touchdowns. His average of 74 scrimmage yards per game -- from 2009 to 2012 -- puts him right with receivers like DeSean Jackson and Vincent Jackson, and among all players with at least 50 rushes and 100 receptions since 2009, Harvin's average of 10.3 scrimmage yards per touch is far and away tops in the NFL.

I'm having a hard time even coming up with a large list of individuals who approach at least 100 rushes and at least 250 receptions since 2009 -- numbers Harvin eclipses despite the time he has missed. Sproles has at least 250 catches and rushes since 2009, in 61 games, and averages 7.1 per touch with 26 touchdowns; Harvin has 10.3 per touch with 24 touchdowns in 54 games, and is a more explosive and complete receiver than Sproles, obviously.

Harvin's game can't be captured in stats, however. To watch him sneak out of tight spaces and create yards where there are none, and explode downfield despite everyone on the other side keying on him in the passing game, and despite playing on teams with no semblance of a downfield threat, is to be pulled from your seat.

The young man is a football player, plain and simple, and his best is yet to come. Unfortunately for Spielman and Vikings fans, that just might transpire elsewhere.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...ill-get-a-star

htismaqe 02-13-2013 09:49 AM

Percy Harvin as a Chief?

Sign me up!

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 10:06 AM

HES A GATOR AND I WANT HIM/DaKCman...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9394933)
Well, it's pretty obvious that HotCarl is likely a mult.

Gee, what would make you think that?

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9399333)
HES A GATOR AND I WANT HIM/DaKCman...
Posted via Mobile Device

Being a Gator is a plus. Being one of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL is why I would want him.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9399346)
Being one of the most dynamic playmakers in the NFL is why I would want him.

This.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-13-2013 10:17 AM

I think he'd be a steal for a 3rd. Cmon guys. Be realistic when it comes to these draft picks. What are the odds of getting a player like that?

the Talking Can 02-13-2013 10:18 AM

this is where the baldwin bust hurts...

if Baldwin had flashed real potential you could justify bowe for harvin...but can you afford both?

htismaqe 02-13-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9399373)
this is where the baldwin bust hurts...

if Baldwin had flashed real potential you could justify bowe for harvin...but can you afford both?

After we cut Jackson and Cassel, we'll have a shitload of money.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 10:27 AM

youll become the thig lyfe for harvin, DaKC. I can see it already.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 02-13-2013 10:52 AM

what scenario can they take? let us hypothetically explore and guess

excluding all franchise tag scenarios here...

scenario 1
re-sign Bowe for 5-50. 6-66, whatever
draft WR in first 3? 4? rounds or sign a veteran
start season

scenario 2
give up a 4?5? swap 3rds? For Harvin
pay Harvin 5 for 50
let Bowe walk
draft a WR in first 3 or 4 rounds or sign a veteran (Greg Jennings) for like 3 or 4-28/30
start season

I dont see a scenario where they sign Bowe long term and then trade for Harvin and also pay him, so it is either one or the other. that is way too much money in two WRs, and I dont think many NFL teams do that. Giants and Pats come to mind, anyone else? Cowboys I guess.

The Bad Guy 02-13-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9394900)

Blah, blah, blah.

I'm so glad that the last regime has programmed fans to believe that talent isn't the most important component of a team.

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9399404)
youll become the thig lyfe for harvin, DaKC. I can see it already.
Posted via Mobile Device

Harvin is Awesome. DaKCMan_AP is Awesome. Profit.

Rausch 02-13-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9399473)
Blah, blah, blah.

I'm so glad that the last regime has programmed fans to believe that talent isn't the most important component of a team.

Too fat/Omaha...

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9399469)
I dont think many NFL teams do that. Giants and Pats come to mind,

So.... teams that play/win Super Bowls?

In58men 02-13-2013 11:03 AM

Re-Sign Albert

Tag Bowe

Draft Wilson/Smith

Trade 34th pick for Harvin.

boogblaster 02-13-2013 11:04 AM

in truth .. most teams have players with baggage .. so trade for any upgrade .. or sign any free-agent thats a upgrade .. only way too win . but QB needed first .....

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-13-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9399475)
Harvin is Awesome. DaKCMan_AP is Awesome. Profit.

lol
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 02-13-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9399489)
So.... teams that play/win Super Bowls?

in contrast

Dorsey came from the Packers who like their WRs to be young and cheap, essentially replenishing them every year or every other. Then let guys like Greg Jennings walk, because the depth is there

same with Philly, there was a reason they didnt want to give Desean Jackson 50 million and held out as long as they could. You dont really see them giving Jeremy Maclin a big contract after next season too? Every Chiefs fan wants him here because of that fact

These are the Dorsey/Reid type approaches, they wont pay big money for two WRs, they never have and never will

And the Packers have won Super Bowls and Andy Reid has been to a Super Bowl with this model, so that counters your Pats/Giants Super Bowl theory.

DaKCMan AP 02-13-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9399934)
in contrast

Dorsey came from the Packers who like their WRs to be young and cheap, essentially replenishing them every year or every other. Then let guys like Greg Jennings walk, because the depth is there

same with Philly, there was a reason they didnt want to give Desean Jackson 50 million and held out as long as they could. You dont really see them giving Jeremy Maclin a big contract after next season too? Every Chiefs fan wants him here because of that fact

These are the Dorsey/Reid type approaches, they wont pay big money for two WRs, they never have and never will

And the Packers have won Super Bowls and Andy Reid has been to a Super Bowl with this model, so that counters your Pats/Giants Super Bowl theory.

Not sure I totally agree. Young? Usually. Cheap? In 1999 the Packers made Antonio Freeman the highest paid WR. Three years ago they paid Jennings (almost $9 mil/year with $16 mil guaranteed).

In 2004 the Eagles paid Terrell Owens ($49 mil over 7 yrs) and he was already 30 years old.

htismaqe 02-13-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9399934)
in contrast

That being said, Percy Harvin is unlike anything EITHER of them have ever had in Philly or Green Bay. He's a guy that can literally lineup anywhere and create a mismatch.

No, they don't have a history of paying multiple WRs. I would argue Harvin isn't a WR.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-13-2013 02:16 PM

Report: Harvin could be seeking Megatron/Fitzgerald money
Posted by Josh Alper on February 13, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
Percy Harvin, Christian Ponder AP

We reported on Monday that Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin is planning to hold out if he doesn’t get a long-term deal from the team this offseason, something that could be complicated by his reported contract demands.

Josina Anderson of ESPN.com spoke to a “high-ranking Vikings source” about Harvin and the source said he didn’t think a holdout would solve Harvin’s contract desires. That’s because of Harvin’s lack of leverage in the situation, but the standoff could also be impacted by the fact that Harvin apparently sees himself in the same class with Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson as the best wideouts in the NFL.

“[Harvin] is a star player in our league, but I would imagine that he sees himself in the class of the top wide receivers in our league,” the source said. “I do know at his production, when he was healthy, he was producing along with Larry and Calvin and those guys. I could see Harvin’s agent making the argument that he deserves their type of pay.”

He can make any argument he likes, but it’s hard to put Harvin in that kind of company based on their careers to this point. Harvin does many things well, but he doesn’t overwhelm defenses the way the other two men have done in their careers. Johnson just signed an eight-year, $150.5 million deal before the 2012 season and Fitzgerald is in the middle of his own eight-year, $128.5 million deal with plenty of guaranteed money in both cases.

If Harvin really is looking for that kind of money, his chances of getting a contract with the Vikings aren’t too hot. They probably won’t look any better to another team, which could mean this saga has a while to play out.

BossChief 02-13-2013 02:28 PM

Those two contracts ****ed up everything for the current crop of receivers trying to get paid.

NOBODY outside of a star quarterback is worth 20 million a year in today's NFL.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-14-2013 01:25 AM

this. Those numbers are ****ing ludicrous.
Posted via Mobile Device