ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Best Show on Television... Entourage (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119702)

beavis 08-28-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSPimpDude
I hope this ending doesnt mean that Jeremy Piven is done with the show to move on to bigger things. Even though thats in his best interest to do so, he makes this show what it is. The show simply would not be a good one without him IMO.

Drama is funny as hell, but the show wouldn't be close to what it is now without Ari. I'm sure it's just a setup for next season.

KcMizzou 08-28-2006 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis
Drama is funny as hell, but the show wouldn't be close to what it is now without Ari. I'm sure it's just a setup for next season.

That's what I'm thinking.

If Piven were leaving, it'd probably be out by now.

teedubya 08-28-2006 11:32 PM

http://www.hbo.com/entourage/ariinterview/

http://www.blogads.com/nnjsbgmpseffq...ev_3/thumbnail

WANNA BE A HOLLYWOOD AGENT?

Hollywood's superagent to the stars, Ari Gold, is looking for his new protege... see if you make the cut at

www.interviewwithari.com

luv 08-29-2006 12:10 AM

SHHHHHH!!!!!

I haven't watched it yet.

Baby Lee 01-01-2007 07:18 PM

Weird bit of trivia, watching the Entourage marathon DVRed from last night, and when I get to the episode where Queens Boulevard gets a wide release, there is a scene from Lloyd's cubicle.
Now some may be aware T.R. Knight, George on Grey's Anatomy was outed this fall when Isaiah 'Burke Washington made some homo-suggestive slurs when people weren't ready to tape one day.
Well, guess who has a picture of Knight on the wall of his cubicle, in a manner suggesting the photo of a significant other?

Everybody's fave Gaysian, Lloyd.

Deberg_1990 01-01-2007 08:07 PM

Bump..

For all the Piven fans who may not have seen my "Cupid" thread last night:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155502

KcMizzou 01-01-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Weird bit of trivia, watching the Entourage marathon DVRed from last night, and when I get to the episode where Queens Boulevard gets a wide release, there is a scene from Lloyd's cubicle.
Now some may be aware T.R. Knight, George on Grey's Anatomy was outed this fall when Isaiah 'Burke Washington made some homo-suggestive slurs when people weren't ready to tape one day.
Well, guess who has a picture of Knight on the wall of his cubicle, in a manner suggesting the photo of a significant other?

Heh, cool find.

I like Lloyd. He cracks me up. Nobody could handle Ari's BS better.

Anyone know when the next season starts?

Bootlegged 01-01-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee

Nice. Another bit of - not really trivia - but interesting stuff. Dom is the Tow Truck Driver from the Costner movie, "For the Love of the Game." FTR - I think Dom was the biggest mistake this show has made to date.

KcMizzou 01-01-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged
Nice. Another bit of - not really trivia - but interesting stuff. Dom is the Tow Truck Driver from the Costner movie, "For the Love of the Game." FTR - I think Dom was the biggest mistake this show has made to date.

I completely agree. Dom sucks.

HMc 01-01-2007 08:57 PM

i also spotted dom in miami vice.

DaneMcCloud 01-01-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
Heh, cool find.

I like Lloyd. He cracks me up. Nobody could handle Ari's BS better.

Anyone know when the next season starts?

There are 8 more episodes left in Season Three. HBO was originally going to air them with the final 8 of the Sopranos this January. But since the Sopranos were experiencing delays, both were moved to March.

KcMizzou 01-01-2007 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
There are 8 more episodes left in Season Three. HBO was originally going to air them with the final 8 of the Sopranos this January. But since the Sopranos were experiencing delays, both were moved to March.

Cool. Thank you.

Tribal Warfare 04-08-2007 08:58 PM

BUMP

teedubya 04-08-2007 09:02 PM

damn its been forever...

BigRedChief 04-08-2007 09:40 PM

So what did you guys think? Ari needs to make Medinin happen and all is well. Ari is just way too cool to be on the outside looking in. The new agent is hot but she's a goner and we all know it.

luv 04-08-2007 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
So what did you guys think? Ari needs to make Medinin happen and all is well. Ari is just way too cool to be on the outside looking in. The new agent is hot but she's a goner and we all know it.

I'd say a goner professionally, but there's no way an actor can get personal with an agent he ****ed over.

KcMizzou 04-08-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief

Yep, Vince needs to go back to Ari.

Over all, I was a little disappointed. Nothing much happened.

beavis 04-08-2007 10:24 PM

The seed has been planted with Vince's last line of the show. I give it two more weeks before Ari is his agent again. The hottie he's got working for him now will be gone quicker than Dom was last year.

cadmonkey 04-09-2007 07:36 AM

I could watch a full episode of Ari and Lloyd alone.

ChiefsFan4Life 04-09-2007 05:43 PM

Fitting that last night's episode is part of season 3 still as all of season 3 has been sub-par in my opinion and last night continued that trend

BigRedChief 04-15-2007 10:02 PM

WTF is he thinking time? You are dissing my dog so I'm not going to have sex with you? Turtle? Look in the mirror dude. Talk about not being real.

luv 04-15-2007 10:24 PM

Missed it tonight. I'd say I'd check out the rerun next Saturday, but I'll be in KC!

kcxiv 04-15-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Missed it tonight. I'd say I'd check out the rerun next Saturday, but I'll be in KC!

me too. Guess its time to download it. I had to babysit my enighbors 2 daughters for a few hours. THey ran me ragged :(

KcMizzou 04-15-2007 11:33 PM

I thought tonight's episode was wayyyy better than last week. I really enjoyed it. It was cool to see Ari go back and stick up for Lloyd.

keg in kc 04-16-2007 12:00 AM

I laughed my ass off tonight.

noa 04-16-2007 12:02 AM

I hope they paid Turtle's girl a lot of money for those scenes cause she is waaaaaaay out of his league.

KcMizzou 04-16-2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
I hope they paid Turtle's girl a lot of money for those scenes cause she is waaaaaaay out of his league.

Ah, Turtle's a pimp.

Baby Lee 04-16-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949

Wasn't that the Christian Intern from ER?

And that smile of Sloan's at the end was pure evil, delicious evil, but still . . . evil. :p

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2007 01:58 PM

Last night was vintage Gold- " That's right!!! I don't give a shit about my clients their all just like numbers like here's wife number one and therapist number seven!."

beavis 05-13-2007 08:52 PM

This show never ceases to be entertaining...

Tribal Warfare 05-13-2007 09:20 PM

Drama's show is a hit, and Vince got his movie

luv 05-20-2007 08:25 PM

What an ending to an episode...

ROFL

KCChiefsMan 07-08-2007 06:54 PM

just ordered HBO back today, so I missed a lot and on-demand doesn't have all of the episodes I missed, but I did sit and watch 41-45 I think missed around 37-40...and the new one is on tonight baby!

KcMizzou 07-08-2007 07:49 PM

This show should really be one hour long.

luv 07-08-2007 07:55 PM

Quote:

This show should really be one hour long.

Agreed. It just gets started, and BAM. Over.

KCChiefsMan 07-08-2007 08:30 PM

oh man, the tranny...could have fooled me, that should be illegal

KcMizzou 07-08-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
oh man, the tranny...could have fooled me, that should be illegal

Yeah... I could have done without that last shot. LMAO

ChiefsFan4Life 07-08-2007 08:48 PM

Tonight's episode was hilarious ... good stuff

ChiefsFan4Life 07-15-2007 08:28 PM

Tonight's episode was awesome - this is the best season so far

KcMizzou 07-15-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFan4Life
Tonight's episode was awesome - this is the best season so far

I thought it started pretty slow, but it's getting better and better.

Turtle looked like a proud papa when Drama got stoned. LMAO

Tribal Warfare 07-15-2007 08:44 PM

Drama- "I'm buggin out!!!!!!!!"

KCChiefsMan 07-16-2007 12:03 AM

yup, this show rocks! I wish it was an hour long though!

kcxiv 07-16-2007 12:12 AM

Ever episode this show has put out has been pure awesome.

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

yup, this show rocks! I wish it was an hour long though!

Agreed. Every episode leaves you wanting more.

Brilliant!

BroncoBuff 07-16-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Ever episode this show has put out has been pure awesome.

Yes and no.

Every episode until the last 4 or 5 was pure awesome ... but now, the show is going sideways. What happened to the chick that was Vince's agent? Suddenly she's gone, and he's back with Ari ... ? I know I didn't miss any episodes, but I never saw Vince hire Ari back.

And two weeks ago was a great ending - when Billy stole away the movie on the motorcycle. But the past couple weeks they're avoiding that storyline ... too much crazy Johnny Drama stuff, and not enough Ari lately.

Besides, no way Vince would go 100% broke. That's a bad storyline in my opinion.

I just hope the Paulie Shore "punking" Drama episode (and Vince going broke), doesn't turn out to be when they jumped the shark.

kcxiv 07-16-2007 12:32 AM

I actually thought the last 4-5 where the best ones. go figure.

Its a tv show. so the going broke part does fit in imo. I dont expect it to be 100 percent reality. Thats why i do NOT watch reality tv shows, i hate em. I want this to be somewhat dramatic and maybe a little over the top. Also, the one with Chuck Liddel him being faked punk was a great episode. Everyone that i know that watches the show loved it.

Its just people like different things. The best episode so far is the one where drama hooks up Turtle with the fat chick and then it backfires. I never laughed so hard from watching a tv show in my life.

CoMoChief 07-16-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoBuff
Yes and no.

Every episode until the last 4 or 5 was pure awesome ... but now, the show is going sideways. What happened to the chick that was Vince's agent? Suddenly she's gone, and he's back with Ari ... ? I know I didn't miss any episodes, but I never saw Vince hire Ari back.

And two weeks ago was a great ending - when Billy stole away the movie on the motorcycle. But the past couple weeks they're avoiding that storyline ... too much crazy Johnny Drama stuff, and not enough Ari lately.

Besides, no way Vince would go 100% broke. That's a bad storyline in my opinion.

I just hope the Paulie Shore "punking" Drama episode (and Vince going broke), doesn't turn out to be when they jumped the shark.

1. The agreement was that if Ari got Vince "Medellin", then Vince would sign the papers, meaning that Ari would represent him again.

2. I will agree that Drama is a little too much as of the last couple episodes. They just need to put Ari in a position where he has beef with someone. He's almost too nice in this season now that he's happy Vince is back with him. IMO he's the biggest character on that show, and people don't watch the show because of Vince, they watch it because Piven is a badass in this role. The character Ari Gold for those who didn't know, actually is based on Mark Whalberg's real life agent Ari Emanuel.

3. Having that said this show has not had a bad episode...yet. The bad thing about it is that sometimes (like tonight) the show runs only 23-25 mins.

BroncoBuff 07-16-2007 01:00 AM

That's right .... you're right.

I just don't remember closure with that other agent - just the sex and poof! She was gone.

I love the old Ari Gold line - said to his former assistant girl - who (tonight) is suddenly a studio head of production. He was trying to get info on the Aquaman or Medellin thing from her when the Martin Landau character was peddling it:

ARI: "Remember that great time I showed you at that beachside resort in Cabo baby?"
HER: "No ... that was a Red Roof Inn in Rosarito, Ari ... and you weren't that good."

ROFL

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 01:03 AM

Quote:

ARI: "Remember that great time I showed you at that beachside resort in Cabo baby?"
HER: "No ... that was a Red Roof Inn in Rosarito, Ari ... and you weren't that good."

ROFL

Ari's teflon. That shit doesn't stick.

BroncoBuff 07-16-2007 01:06 AM

I do love Ari Gold ... and I do love Jeremy Piven.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/8620/aceslm9.jpg

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 01:11 AM

Quote:

I do love Ari Gold ... and I do love Jeremy Piven.

Anything with "The Piven" is worth watching.

KCChiefsMan 07-16-2007 01:17 AM

does anybody else want to see these movies that are on the show?

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 01:22 AM

Quote:

Hell yeah.

Fishpicker 07-16-2007 01:31 AM

Quote:

I'd want to see Medellin but Aquaman would be the lamest comic-book-movie ever.

KcMizzou 07-16-2007 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker
I'd want to see Medellin but Aquaman would be the lamest comic-book-movie ever.

Well, yeah. It's the lamest super hero ever.

kcxiv 07-16-2007 03:08 AM

Just seen episode 5. I dont think drama has been to much. he's what he's always been a little drama. Him and Turtle together is just $$$$. E hitting Walsh was cool. Walsh has been needing an asskicking.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

PatPatriot 07-16-2007 06:05 AM

Quote:

I just don't remember closure with that other agent - just the sex and poof! She was gone.

After Medellin fell through on Yom Kippur, Vince met her in a restaurant and accused her of not doing her job because she either A) didn't want ARI to get credit or B) didn't want Vince to leave for 6 months....

She stated that he wasn't really "over" ARI yet and informed him that the deal fell through because the kid, Rubenstein, had gone back to the studio head's temple and caused another scene, so the plug was pulled. It had nothing to do with her actions. Vince said something like, "Wow, I feel like such a jerk. Where do we go now?". And she said something like, "We get on with our lives."

She got up and wiggled her fine ass of the screen... I'm surprised you don't remember that.....

keg in kc 07-16-2007 04:12 PM

Maybe a repost. My ass is too lazy to look.

http://medellinthefilm.com/

BroncoBuff 07-16-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatPatriot
After Medellin fell through on Yom Kippur, Vince met her in a restaurant and accused her of not doing her job because she either A) didn't want ARI to get credit or B) didn't want Vince to leave for 6 months....

She stated that he wasn't really "over" ARI yet and informed him that the deal fell through because the kid, Rubenstein, had gone back to the studio head's temple and caused another scene, so the plug was pulled. It had nothing to do with her actions. Vince said something like, "Wow, I feel like such a jerk. Where do we go now?". And she said something like, "We get on with our lives."

She got up and wiggled her fine ass of the screen... I'm surprised you don't remember that.....

Oh man - I do now ... thanks.

I guess what I was missing was a big Ari "down on his knees" scene, but he did get Medellin. My complaints right now, though I love the show so it's not really "complaints," are:
1. Too much Johnny Drama - he's a caricature character anyway, not a 'real' character
2. They're forcing Lloyd into scenes too much. I preferred Ari making fun of him
3. More Ari, more ARI, MORE ARI! ... and less Johnny Drama
And Vince going broke was a bad angle I thought ... Johnny having more money (and more lines) and a better place to live than Vince is a bad development.

But overall, it's still one of my Top 3 shows on TV. Behind maybe only LOST and The Office.

BroncoBuff 07-16-2007 05:22 PM

Obviously Billy has become a fulltime regular now too ... they're gonna be making this 'Leaves' movie together for awhile now it looks like.

I like the Billy Walsh character alot.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Oh man - I do now ... thanks.

I guess what I was missing was a big Ari "down on his knees" scene, but he did get Medellin. My complaints right now, though I love the show so it's not really "complaints," are:[indent]1. Too much Johnny Drama - he's a caricature character anyway, not a 'real' character

Johnny Drama is a real guy - he's buddies with Wahlberg. They were shooting a round of golf just behind us a few weeks back at Wilshire Country club. That said, he's a perfect character and not a caricature. Believe me, there are a lot of "Johnny Drama's" in this town.

Quote:

2. They're forcing Lloyd into scenes too much. I preferred Ari making fun of him

Fully disagree. The characters on the show need to change and grow. Otherwise, it'll become stagnant. The writers have done an excellent job of maturing the characters. Well, all but Turtle.

Quote:

And Vince going broke was a bad angle I thought ... Johnny having more money (and more lines) and a better place to live than Vince is a bad development.

Fully disagree. They're showing that not everyone can stay on top and that entertainment world is cyclical. I think it's even more entertaining to see Johnny succeed while Vince is struggling. There's a dynamic there that wouldn't exist if both characters were successful. And again, it would be boring if both characters stayed the same in their respective careers throughout the life of the series.

In case you weren't aware, there are 20 episodes to Season 4 (just like Season 3). So 20 episodes with the characters going nowhere would get old fast.

BroncoBuff 07-17-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud
Disagree, disagree, disagree.

That's fine ... I understand where you're coming from.

You realize the show is loosely based on Mark Wahlberg's experiences, right? And the "Harvey" is a reference to ass-hat Miramax chief Harvey Weinstein? Your avatar says "Hollywood," so I assume you know all that. I'm surprised you don't agree that the Lloyd character is being forced too much ... that was the easy observation for me.

And keeping Vince the rich and working character, with Johnny less-talented and scavenging, is not exactly "going nowhere" with the characters. The great majority of characters in sitcoms never change jobs or financial conditions - of course hour-long dramas are different. I just happened to find it a bit jarring when Johnny is giving Vince a place to live.

And I lived in BH for 9 years - the little corner of it there on Hamilton Drive. There's no such thing as an annexation going on between those cities. Funny episode, though ... Tobolowsky is money as a character actor.

KCChiefsMan 07-17-2007 12:38 AM

Billy Walsh is being pretty unreasonable, but then again most drug addict artists probably are

KCChiefsMan 07-22-2007 07:33 PM

about 30 minutes till the show starts!

ZootedGranny 07-22-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

**** no. The concept of the Medellin movie is awesome, but Vince looks more like Tony Clifton than Escobar.

I watch this show every week, despite loathing it. It's like Sex and the City for men.

KCChiefsMan 07-22-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
**** no. The concept of the Medellin movie is awesome, but Vince looks more like Tony Clifton than Escobar.

I watch this show every week, despite loathing it. It's like Sex and the City for men.

I'll agree that Vince kinda looked gay with that Escobar concept but this show is great!

KcMizzou 07-22-2007 08:59 PM

Quote:

It's like Sex and the City for men.

That sounds kinda harsh. I love Entourage...

Haven't seen Sex in the City, so as far as I know, you might be right.

KCChiefsMan 07-22-2007 09:30 PM

another short episode, not much going on in that one

luv 07-22-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

That sounds kinda harsh. I love Entourage...

Haven't seen Sex in the City, so as far as I know, you might be right.

I'm a chick, and I'd rather watch Entourage over Sex in the City.

KcMizzou 07-22-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

another short episode, not much going on in that one

I actually really enjoyed this one.

Ari to Lloyd: "I NEED YOU!"

We all knew it... cracked me up to hear him say it like that.

And Ari's expressions when Lloyd was talking about his breakup were awesome.

(Piven steals the show again)

Also, this is the first time I've seen Vince do what he wants, regardless of E's opinion. E needs get over his grudge, and realize it's not all about him.

Of course, the film could bomb, and E's proven right. I doubt it though.. the only other person who doesn't like the movie is some no-name film guy.

I suspect it'll be a huge success (if only because Vince has been down on his luck for a while, and it's time to show him as a big time star again.) and E will learn a little lesson out of the whole thing.

ZootedGranny 07-22-2007 10:11 PM

Admittedly (and proudly), I haven't seen but a couple of episodes of Sex and the City, but my immediate impression was that it was female fantasy that was devoid of any conflict. Entourage is basically male fantasy (perfect example being a few episodes ago when a Playboy-caliber broad was in heels and a slinky dress in the middle of a ****in Costco) that generally introduces and then resolves the problem within the same episode.

I definitely see the appeal of Entourage (like I said, I watch it every week), but I'm not as much of a fan of it as my peers. I never feel like there's any real story build up. It's as if the show could end at any moment and no one would wonder what happens next.

KcMizzou 07-22-2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

I definitely see the appeal of Entourage (like I said, I watch it every week), but I'm not as much of a fan of it as my peers. I never feel like there's any real story build up. It's as if the show could end at any moment and no one would wonder what happens next.

Heh, point taken.. but my last posts shows that at least someone is wondering.

BroncoBuff 07-23-2007 01:53 AM

Tonight was back to the classic great episodes.

I don't like when they're broke and don't have a place to live .... I like when Vinci is a star, 'E' is a panty-waste, and Ari is the center of the show - making things happen. Chasing down Lloyd's boyfriend at the Footlocker and giving Lloyd an alibi was CLASSIC!

Next week it looks like it's gonna be Ari finding a way to sneak his son back into that prestigious school.
TRIVIA:

Q: The bald, skinny actor that plays the headmaster of Ari's son's school is better known playing another character. What is it?

A: ?

kcxiv 07-23-2007 02:04 AM

Entourage has never had a bad episode. A filler maybe, but not a bad one.

KcMizzou 07-23-2007 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Entourage has never had a bad episode. A filler maybe, but not a bad one.

Agreed.

KcMizzou 07-23-2007 02:53 AM

Quote:

Tonight was back to the classic great episodes.

I don't like when they're broke and don't have a place to live .... I like when Vinci is a star, 'E' is a panty-waste, and Ari is the center of the show - making things happen. Chasing down Lloyd's boyfriend at the Footlocker and giving Lloyd an alibi was CLASSIC!

I agree, except that I don't think E's ever been a "panty-waste". He's basically controlled Vince's every move.

That's why I find it interesting that Vince is going to do this movie with Walsh, against E's advice.

BroncoBuff 07-23-2007 03:11 PM

TRIVIA:

Q: The bald, skinny actor that plays the headmaster of Ari's son's school, who said to Ari "the problem is not your son, the problem is his father," is better known playing another character. What is it?

A: ?

BroncoBuff 07-23-2007 11:44 PM

A: He is the voice of Homer Simpson!

... and Barney Gumble and Mayor Quimby and Grandpa Simpson and Groundskeeper Willie and Krusty the Clown and Hans Moleman and the Rih Texan and several others. He is Dan Castellaneta, a short, skinny, bald Italian. He also played a recent live part as Will Smith's stock-brokerage instructor in "The Secret of Happyness."

Click: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144657/

Baby Lee 07-24-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

A: He is the voice of Homer Simpson!

... and Barney Gumble and Mayor Quimby and Grandpa Simpson and Groundskeeper Willie and Krusty the Clown and Hans Moleman and the Rih Texan and several others. He is Dan Castellaneta, a short, skinny, bald Italian. He also played a recent live part as Will Smith's stock-brokerage instructor in "The Secret of Happyness."

Click: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0144657/

Dr. Fishman: I’m sorry to say this, but it’s too late for me to do anything for your son.

Michael: Let him keep talking.

Dr. Fishman: Because Dr. Stein here has already been assigned to his case. You’re lucky. He’s the best.

Dr. Stein: Well, only in the county. But I’m certainly good enough to take out that appendix of yours.

BroncoBuff 07-25-2007 11:50 PM

"The Liberty" ... Ha! That has to be a Jack Donegy line - when he was convinced Liz Lemon was a lesbian. Too bad the real-life Donegy screwed up so bad, eh? Might not be the same watching it.

Anyway - somebody had to know Dan Castellaneta ... nobody?