ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV If you're not watching Supernatural... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200898)

Bowser 10-01-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7956438)
I just finished last night's and all I can say right now is "aw shit". Really liked the last 15 minutes.

I think had I been in charge, I would have combined the first and second episodes. Should have gotten the Leviathans set up quicker and shouldn't have spent so much time focused on Sam (although I like that Mark Pellegrino's back). Felt almost meandering, unfocused.

Think I like the direction they're heading in now, though.

And I guess Jo's back next week, and it makes sense.

Yeah, I think I'm with you. I was kind of fighting that "same old, same old" feeling, then it got there. This angle with Sam, though much like he's been through the past few seasons, is interesting, especially considering how it's playing out.

And here's the obligatory "Mmmmmm, Jo!" part of the post.

Bowser 10-01-2011 10:05 AM

Took me a couple of minutes to figure out who the head Leviathan was. Acevedo was good on The Shield.

keg in kc 10-01-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7956449)
Took me a couple of minutes to figure out who the head Leviathan was. Acevedo was good on The Shield.

He's not the head Leviathan, I don't think. He was talking to the little girl surgeon about the boss, so I guess it's somebody we'll see later. Maybe the season's big bad?

Dean's phone call to Bobby at the end was great. I wonder if he just hadn't made it back to the house yet, or if they've taken him.

And I think Lucifer is more than just a hallucination, because of the way he impersonated Dean, using information that Sam didn't know yet - maybe that was just an oversight by the writers, just trying to get one across on the viewers when he showed up. But maybe he's peeking out from the cage.

Setsuna 10-03-2011 10:37 PM

There should have only been a handful of leviathan I think. Kind of like horseman I suppose. This thing with Lucifer though is kind of annoying. Just let Sam be fine. They are using that to try and buy more time to develop this leviathan route. Oh and Death is just a freaking boss. Perfectly cast.

Fish 10-04-2011 08:16 AM

I thought it was interesting when Death mentioned that he should just find another planet... I wonder if they'll ever touch on that subject again....

Valiant 10-04-2011 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7956468)
He's not the head Leviathan, I don't think. He was talking to the little girl surgeon about the boss, so I guess it's somebody we'll see later. Maybe the season's big bad?

Dean's phone call to Bobby at the end was great. I wonder if he just hadn't made it back to the house yet, or if they've taken him.

And I think Lucifer is more than just a hallucination, because of the way he impersonated Dean, using information that Sam didn't know yet - maybe that was just an oversight by the writers, just trying to get one across on the viewers when he showed up. But maybe he's peeking out from the cage.

Wonder if bobby will be the head leviathon or does he save them at the hospital?

I thought jo died with her mom?

I think lucifer will eventually slip out. Need him to stop the leviathons.

keg in kc 10-04-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7966797)
I thought jo died with her mom?

I'm guessing jo will be in dean's head, based on the preview.

Bowser 10-04-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7966797)

I think lucifer will eventually slip out. Need him to stop the leviathons.

Good call. Personally, I'm waiting for Michael to make a re-appearance. Maybe those two combined with Castiel, since all the other angels are apparently dead now.

Bowser 10-15-2011 11:29 PM

Jo still looks good, even under the circumstances.

Kind of nice to take a break from the Leviathan storyline, even if I am curious as to how they'll take that story and incorporate the angels, Lucifer, Death, God, et al......

keg in kc 10-16-2011 01:48 AM

I haven't watched Friday's yet, and the one a week ago didn't record because of a conflict. Got some catching up to do.

vailpass 10-17-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7998093)
I haven't watched Friday's yet, and the one a week ago didn't record because of a conflict. Got some catching up to do.

Has the new season started?

keg in kc 10-17-2011 02:33 PM

Yeah, a month ago. Friday will be the 5th ep.

vailpass 10-17-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8001864)
Yeah, a month ago. Friday will be the 5th ep.

No shit? Oh that's right, we had to swap out one of our DVRs for a new unit and lost our preset recording calendar.
Thanks.

*looks like all episodes but "Defending Your Life" are available on the web site. Wonder why that one is not there?

keg in kc 10-18-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8001901)
*looks like all episodes but "Defending Your Life" are available on the web site. Wonder why that one is not there?

Not sure, although I think it's pretty standard now for episodes to not go online for 8 days, for any show.

Caught up on the last two weeks, and they felt like real old school Supernatural. Smaller stories focused on each of the brothers. Good stuff.

Chieficus 10-19-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8005304)
Caught up on the last two weeks, and they felt like real old school Supernatural. Smaller stories focused on each of the brothers. Good stuff.

I didn't think last year was terrible... it just felt like they were trying to do several big arcs and moved as quickly as they could from one to the other. I mean the whole Eve thing seemed like a lot of build up that was quickly squashed... as well as the soul-less Sam thing.

This season is moving the arc at a slower pace (so far), and so I'm liking this year a whole lot better than last year...

vailpass 10-20-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8005304)
Not sure, although I think it's pretty standard now for episodes to not go online for 8 days, for any show.

Thanks. Great to hear this season feels old school to you, the wife and I are looking forward to catching up this weekend while sitting outside having a few drinks.

keg in kc 10-21-2011 11:21 PM

Witch episodes never work for me for some reason.

Bowser 10-22-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8034765)
Witch episodes never work for me for some reason.

It was ok, not great. Seemed like more of a reason for an Angel reunion than anything else. They always try to sneak in that episode or two of brevity before they get all serious with the end of the world stuff.

And is it just me, or is Charisma Carpenter not aging particularly well?

keg in kc 10-22-2011 03:37 PM

Buffy reunion before it was an Angel reunion!

Charisma Carpenter is probably older than you think.

Setsuna 10-22-2011 07:42 PM

That witch was hot. Pure milf quality. But yeah Sam is going to beat Dean to a pulp once he finds out about killing that chick. I mean they left that witch and warlock alone because they were more powerful than them, yet they killed people. Looks like Dean only kills monsters that are easy. What a punk.

Valiant 10-23-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8036894)
Buffy reunion before it was an Angel reunion!

Charisma Carpenter is probably older than you think.

Yeah.. She is still hot as ****.. She has some of the best tits I have seen..

Bowser 10-23-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8041280)
Yeah.. She is still hot as ****.. She has some of the best tits I have seen..

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong..... I just don't remember her all wrinkly and crows feet-y. I remember her as this young hot thing. Now she's just a hot thing. Heh.

Valiant 10-23-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8041755)
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong..... I just don't remember her all wrinkly and crows feet-y. I remember her as this young hot thing. Now she's just a hot thing. Heh.

She is 40+.. Looks good for her age, she would me me a good trophy milf..

keg in kc 10-23-2011 07:39 PM

Yeah, I suddenly felt really old when I realized she was born in 1970. All these "hot chicks" I used to watch on shows in the 90s are now in their late 30s and early 40s. You know...like me.

It's a ****ing horrible realization to make.

AustinChief 10-24-2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8042895)
Yeah, I suddenly felt really old when I realized she was born in 1970. All these "hot chicks" I used to watch on shows in the 90s are now in their late 30s and early 40s. You know...like me.

It's a ****ing horrible realization to make.

you old creeper!

keg in kc 10-24-2011 08:13 AM

It's a bad day when it hits you that the totally cute, totally legal neighbor chick you're hitting on is young enough to be your daughter.

vailpass 10-24-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8044267)
It's a bad day when it hits you that the totally cute, totally legal neighbor chick you're hitting on is young enough to be your daughter.

Not if your daughter is 18 or older.

keg in kc 10-24-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8044757)
Not if your daughter is 18 or older.

I don't have a daughter, although I was talking about theoretical people 18 or older.

You know it's getting bad when 25 starts to seem too young.

vailpass 10-24-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8044842)
I don't have a daughter, although I was talking about theoretical people 18 or older.

You know it's getting bad when 25 starts to seem too young.

:eek: I was not aware that was a possibility.

Wait a minute, are we talking an actual relationship here or the standard just impress her with your maturity and established life situation to get in between those fine tight thighs a few times?

keg in kc 10-24-2011 03:07 PM

I don't have maturity or an established life situation, so there's no impressing to be done.

It's an empathy-colored situation, where it isn't about them being too young; it's about me being too old.

vailpass 10-24-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8045279)
I don't have maturity or an established life situation, so there's no impressing to be done.

It's an empathy-colored situation, where it isn't about them being too young; it's about me being too old.

I'm just funning, I now exactly what you mean.

keg in kc 11-19-2011 11:31 PM

Damn it, bobby.

Setsuna 11-20-2011 01:38 PM

Nooooooooooooooooo!

Bowser 11-20-2011 01:40 PM

No way it happens.

Spoiler!

vailpass 11-20-2011 02:42 PM

Is this the last season for sure or will there be another? If it is the last season then I can see him going. For a while or for good.
Hope not, with the writers they have added this season has really gone back to the roots of this show, it is alive again. Wouldn't mind another season or two at this rate.

carlos3652 11-21-2011 01:04 PM

I just want to add, this season has got me back watching this show on a weekly basis. As said before, best CW show, best paranormal show since x-files... and for the record on netflix they have all the seasons streaming of xfiles.

AMazing season..

keg in kc 12-02-2011 03:04 AM

It's new Friday night, and it's the midseason finale. Just a head's up.

keg in kc 12-02-2011 10:58 PM

Damn.

Jim Beaver's one hell of an actor. I'd watched him on Deadwood and was really excited when he joined this show. I think over the years the Bobby Singer episodes have always been the best. Without giving anything away, since I'm probably the only one that's watched so far, tonight's was no different. Just...great TV.

Chieficus 12-03-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8162895)
Damn.

Jim Beaver's one hell of an actor. I'd watched him on Deadwood and was really excited when he joined this show. I think over the years the Bobby Singer episodes have always been the best. Without giving anything away, since I'm probably the only one that's watched so far, tonight's was no different. Just...great TV.

The "Weekend at Bobby's" episode from last season was one of the best episodes ever, imo.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of this season plays out...come January... :)

Setsuna 12-03-2011 10:02 PM

Nooooo! Bobby! Shot your own dad. Props man, props.

Bowser 12-03-2011 11:30 PM

Nah, no way it's a "for good" situation. Right?

Setsuna 12-03-2011 11:49 PM

Bobby being gone? They have to grow up sometime right?

Bowser 12-03-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8165630)
Bobby being gone? They have to grow up sometime right?

Eh, probably. Just hopethey can do it while keeping the brother angst shit to a minimum.

Bobby and Castiel were two of the better characters on there. Who's next? Everyone but the brothers are dead.

Setsuna 12-04-2011 12:03 AM

That's true. Bobby did keep everything in perspective. Where is that one kid from way back during apocalypse who could do anything, and was going to be used to stop lucifer? He needs to come back.

Valiant 12-04-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8165638)
Eh, probably. Just hopethey can do it while keeping the brother angst shit to a minimum.

Bobby and Castiel were two of the better characters on there. Who's next? Everyone but the brothers are dead.

Maybe one of the Leviathans will off one of the witches and one of them will join..

Even though I do not want it to end, I would rather a show end great then just drag on.. ala smallville.. I am not sure how much more they can do..

keg in kc 12-04-2011 10:18 PM

I was just thinking about Smallville yesterday. The finale was less than a year ago, and I can't even remember what happened.

Bowser 12-04-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8170996)
I was just thinking about Smallville yesterday. The finale was less than a year ago, and I can't even remember what happened.

TNT is playing syndicated Smallville shows, and for a show that ended so recently, it really doesn't hold up. Maybe it was bad all the way through, but I was too wrapped up in hoping that it would take off the next episode.

vailpass 12-05-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8165584)
Nah, no way it's a "for good" situation. Right?

I'm guessing Bobby stays around as a ghost that can help his boys. Too damn hokey even for this show to do something like having Cass bring Bobby back to life.

Frosty 12-05-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8171902)
I'm guessing Bobby stays around as a ghost that can help his boys. Too damn hokey even for this show to do something like having Cass bring Bobby back to life.

I was thinking the ghost angle, too. I think it would suck though.

keg in kc 12-05-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8171902)
Too damn hokey even for this show to do something like having Cass bring Bobby back to life.

Yeah, 'cause he's never done that before.

Frosty 12-05-2011 12:27 PM

So, do people think that Cass is gone for good?

keg in kc 12-05-2011 12:47 PM

I wouldn't think so. But that's just a hunch.

vailpass 12-05-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8171971)
Yeah, 'cause he's never done that before.

Exactly. And got his legs back in the deal.
How many times can you get bailed out by a cross-road demon?

vailpass 12-05-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8172037)
So, do people think that Cass is gone for good?

Hell. No. He is almost as big as Sam & Dean. Misha Collins' name is still listed in the opening credits.

Bowser 12-05-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8171914)
I was thinking the ghost angle, too. I think it would suck though.

That WOULD suck. I think he almost has to be dead now, or else it will just be seen as some hokie storyline twist.

vailpass 12-05-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8172209)
That WOULD suck. I think he almost has to be dead now, or else it will just be seen as some hokie storyline twist.

A hokey story line twist like dying and going to hell then getting pulled out of the pit by God? Then, having your brother die and go to hell while battling Satan only to also get pulled out of the pit, this time by Death? Then, shortly thereafter, your adopted uncle enters the land of the dead only to have his life, and his legs, restored by a crossroads demon?
Thant kind of hokey?:D

keg in kc 12-06-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8172127)
Exactly. And got his legs back in the deal.
How many times can you get bailed out by a cross-road demon?

I was actually referring to when Castiel brought Bobby back at the end of that season.

Speaking of Cas, it looks like he's back for episode 17, and then twice more before the end of the season. Or at least Misha Collins is.

vailpass 12-06-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8174570)
I was actually referring to when Castiel brought Bobby back at the end of that season.

Speaking of Cas, it looks like he's back for episode 17, and then twice more before the end of the season. Or at least Misha Collins is.

Oh, sorry. Got my "bring Bobby or one of the boys back to life" episodes mixed up.
Yeah no way Cas is gone, he's the goods though he was best at first when he was still innocent.
Virgin Cass in the whorehouse was good stuff.

Bowser 12-06-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8172541)
A hokey story line twist like dying and going to hell then getting pulled out of the pit by God? Then, having your brother die and go to hell while battling Satan only to also get pulled out of the pit, this time by Death? Then, shortly thereafter, your adopted uncle enters the land of the dead only to have his life, and his legs, restored by a crossroads demon?
Thant kind of hokey?:D

Yes, that kind. As in, it's been done over and over.

Wonder if this is the season we'll get to see the elusive "God"?

Valiant 12-06-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8175433)

Its bobby.
Doubt if we do. But better not be alannis morsissette.

Maybe jewell

keg in kc 12-06-2011 01:35 PM

It's definitely going to change the dynamic in a major way. Assuming he's actually dead and not a vegetable. Well, I guess either way they won't be calling Bobby for help with research or to cover for them with the local police as their "FBI boss".

I actually think the leads are strong enough to carry the show on their own, and losing figures like that is a keystone of the show, but they're going to have to start introducing new people to kill off later at some point.

Oh hey, what about Bobby's budding relationship with the sheriff lady? Damn it, Bobby just has no luck.

Frosty 12-06-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8175476)
It's definitely going to change the dynamic in a major way. Assuming he's actually dead and not a vegetable. Well, I guess either way they won't be calling Bobby for help with research or to cover for them with the local police as their "FBI boss".

I actually think the leads are strong enough to carry the show on their own, and losing figures like that is a keystone of the show, but they're going to have to start introducing new people to kill off later at some point.

Oh hey, what about Bobby's budding relationship with the sheriff lady? Damn it, Bobby just has no luck.

I don't know. Bobby has become such a big part of the show, I just can't believe that they'll kill him off.

Bowser 12-06-2011 01:44 PM

Spoiler!

keg in kc 12-06-2011 01:44 PM

Maybe he'll be in a coma, but be the new Castiel. Or a vessel for another angel. That's almost crazy enough to work.

I had thought at the end of the penultimate episode that Bobby wasn't actually bobby when they left the warehouse, but I think Dick shooting him and then the events of the ensuing episode shot that idea down.

Bowser 12-06-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8175472)
Its bobby.
Doubt if we do. But better not be alannis morsissette.

Maybe jewell

Heh, well played.

Bowser 12-06-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8175501)
Maybe he'll be in a coma, but be the new Castiel. Or a vessel for another angel. That's almost crazy enough to work.

I had thought at the end of the penultimate episode that Bobby wasn't actually bobby when they left the warehouse, but I think Dick shooting him and then the events of the ensuing episode shot that idea down.

That actually makes sense. Castiel's essence needs a new vessel, and he incorporates Bobby's psyche in there somehow?

keg in kc 12-06-2011 01:46 PM

We've already seen God. It was Chuck Shurley.

Frosty 12-06-2011 01:57 PM

So, is anyone here one of the ten other people that watched "The Dresden Files" a few years back? I am worried that Bobby is going to become "Supernatural"'s version of Bob, the spirit that lived in the skull and popped out to advise and berate Harry. I could see Sam and Dean having to carry around Bobby's bones and keep other hunters from wanting to burn them, especially since the question of whether there are good monsters has already come up this season.

Bowser 12-06-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8175509)
We've already seen God. It was Chuck Shurley.

Heh. When I first saw Bobby's reaper, I thought it was Chuck, and I thought Chuck was revealing himself as God.

vailpass 12-06-2011 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8175433)

Any idea if this is this the last season for sure?

MTG#10 12-21-2011 05:38 PM

Does this show get better after the first season? I'm 5 episodes in, and I'm sticking with it based on the great reviews but so far this is just reeruned.

keg in kc 01-13-2012 12:03 PM

Show returned last week, forgot to post about it.

I like the way they're handling things post-Bobby, so far.

vailpass 01-13-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8291154)
Show returned last week, forgot to post about it.

I like the way they're handling things post-Bobby, so far.

Yeah, I guess. So-so first epsiode. Dean's inner drama queen needs to be repressed.

keg in kc 01-13-2012 02:36 PM

I'm curious what the meaning behind the time slips will be. i.e. the vanishing beer. That can't just be because he was tired.

KC_Lee 01-13-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8291760)
I'm curious what the meaning behind the time slips will be. i.e. the vanishing beer. That can't just be because he was tired.

I caught that too. Perhaps Bobby making his presence known?

vailpass 01-13-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8291760)

Bobby. One for me, one for my dead homies.

Setsuna 01-15-2012 07:34 PM

Time slips? Bobby? Who cares about him. Sherrif Mills is the perfect MILF. I want that 24/7/365.

keg in kc 01-16-2012 01:56 AM

It's apparently Nicholas Lea week (the guy who played Elliot Ness). He was also on Once Upon a Time.

Bit odd seeing Alex Krycek as a good guy.

Bowser 01-16-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8301812)
It's apparently Nicholas Lea week (the guy who played Elliot Ness). He was also on Once Upon a Time.

Bit odd seeing Alex Krycek as a good guy.

Bless you. I could not put that face to Krycek to save my life, but I knew I knew the face.

I'm liking the "old school" feel to the episodes lately, but I'm starting to have doubts as to how this coming showdown with the Leviathan is going to go. It's been this slow build up (for the most part), and I'm just afraid it will end up being anti-climatic.

I'll still trust in the show. Supernatural has become a favorite over the past couple of years.

WhiteWhale 01-16-2012 05:05 PM

Ugh.

Elliot Ness wasn't even a cop. He was a bureaucrat.