ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs coach: Steve Breaston is a backup right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265204)

Pasta Little Brioni 10-16-2012 02:13 PM

Dude, EVERYBODY thinks your him and that's not a good thing.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9020860)
Bobtard strikes again!

hey Dane, you're late to class :

here's your catch-up work.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...66#post9019166

BigCatDaddy 10-16-2012 02:14 PM

Bowe catches about 75-80 balls a year for 1100-1200 yards with jack shit at QB. That's impressive to me. He's on pace for 90 catches in this cluster **** of a season.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-16-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 9020868)
Bowe catches about 75-80 balls a year for 1100-1200 yards with jack shit at QB. That's impressive to me. He's on pace for 90 catches in this cluster **** of a season.

Yep, he's a special reciever that needs to be locked up this offseason. Guy would rip the league apart with a legit QB. How many times has he been open for a HUGE gainer only for the ball to sail over his head and out of bounds?

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9020865)
Dude, EVERYBODY thinks your him and that's not a good thing.

I don't give a **** - if you go through and re-read what I have posted, I have posted nothing untrue, and have even called y'all out on some BS - again :

"Dwayne Bowe catches 90 balls a year for 1100 yds year in and year out"

No he doesn't.

"but he has always had trouble catching the ball"

that's my point

"but he's never had a good qb"

even the sh*tty ones hit him in the hands occasionally; ironically, those are the passes he usually drops.

"shut up Black Bart - let's neg rep him"

I got viciously flamed for having an opinion and stating it. It may not be popular, but I have every single right to post it, and I think I proved my point very well, with FACTS. Sorry that a buncher of people with 14,000 posts and nothing better to do decided to gang up on the 'n00b' and show him what it's all about here at CP.

Facts remain that :

Dwayne Bowe has never once caught 90 balls a year (despite claims that he does 'year in and year out')

and

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9020629)

Dwayne Bowe has trouble catching the ball with his hands, likely a bad habit he's had EVER SINCE he started playing organized football.

And to get back on topic,they would be better off starting Breaston over Baldwin, but won't because Breaston is a Haley guy and Baldwin is a P-holey guy.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9020876)
Yep, he's a special reciever that needs to be locked up this offseason. Guy would rip the league apart with a legit QB. How many times has he been open for a HUGE gainer only for the ball to sail over his head and out of bounds?

I've never said anything to the contrary - only that he could (and should) ploay better already.

I expect more from a receiver with his physical skill set, period. He could be as badass as Fitzgerald, who doesn't give a fuck less about who his QB is. He COULD be that good.

But he ain't.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-16-2012 02:30 PM

Pioli signed Breaston, so that's kind of dumb. Baldwin was drafted to start oppostie Bowe. Time to take the diapars off and play.

BossChief 10-16-2012 02:32 PM

Driving wheel?

What are your thoughts on Derrick Johnson? Is he a good tackler? How about Brandon Siler?

Hammock Parties 10-16-2012 02:33 PM

Bowe is going to be the all-time leading receiver in the history of this franchise if we are smart enough to re-sign him this offseason.

NOBODY had more yards or catches through their first 5 years with this team.

So suck on that.

kushed god 10-16-2012 02:33 PM

Pioli signed Breaston because Haley raved about him and how he knew his offense so well in Arizona playing opposite to Fitzgerald.

kushed god 10-16-2012 02:34 PM

Honestly, If Bowe and Albert aren't signed this year. I'm going to be ****ing pissed, I could see Bowe going to like Washington or Miami for more $.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9020910)
Pioli signed Breaston, so that's kind of dumb. Baldwin was drafted to start oppostie Bowe. Time to take the diapars off and play.

But baldwin just doesn't look ready out ther - he tries to jump for every single ball.

again, it could be the "chicken-vs.-egg' situation as there are no QBs on the roster, but Breaston put up some decent numbers last year and displayed enough chemistry with the offense in general that not having him on the field is detrimental...

but maybe they feel like since the season is lost, that have to get Bladwin ready to play and that they already know what they have in Breaston??

Seems like you'd put the players with the best chance of winning on the field, but we know that isn't how they do things round these parts - gotta be part of "the right 53."

Pasta Little Brioni 10-16-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9020928)
But baldwin just doesn't look ready out ther - he tries to jump for every single ball.

again, it could be the "chicken-vs.-egg' situation as there are no QBs on the roster, but Breaston put up some decent numbers last year and displayed enough chemistry with the offense in general that not having him on the field is detrimental...

but maybe they feel like since the season is lost, that have to get Bladwin ready to play and that they already know what they have in Breaston??

Seems like you'd put the players with the best chance of winning on the field, but we know that isn't how they do things round these parts - gotta be part of "the right 53."

I hear ya man. I'm just tired of recievers running uncovered not even given a look and wide open recievers overthrown, underthrown, thrown under the bus because of shit passes. It's ridiculous. My frustration with this team is at a boiling point.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9020915)
Driving wheel?

What are your thoughts on Derrick Johnson? Is he a good tackler? How about Brandon Siler?

When healthy, DJ can take over a game. He can catch almost as well as Bowe, though (that was a joke, in case the sarcasm didn't translate.)

F8ck brandon Siler - I keep hearing about him and hearing about him, but I ain't seen shit.

Hope the answer was to your liking.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9020895)
I don't give a **** - if you go through and re-read what I have posted, I have posted nothing untrue, and have even called y'all out on some BS - again :

"Dwayne Bowe catches 90 balls a year for 1100 yds year in and year out"

No he doesn't.

"but he has always had trouble catching the ball"

that's my point

"but he's never had a good qb"

even the sh*tty ones hit him in the hands occasionally; ironically, those are the passes he usually drops.

"shut up Black Bart - let's neg rep him"

I got viciously flamed for having an opinion and stating it. It may not be popular, but I have every single right to post it, and I think I proved my point very well, with FACTS. Sorry that a buncher of people with 14,000 posts and nothing better to do decided to gang up on the 'n00b' and show him what it's all about here at CP.

Facts remain that :

Dwayne Bowe has never once caught 90 balls a year (despite claims that he does 'year in and year out')

and

And to get back on topic,they would be better off starting Breaston over Baldwin, but won't because Breaston is a Haley guy and Baldwin is a P-holey guy.

Now you want to argue semantics. Whoopity doo!

I pulled the 90 out of my ass and I was wrong. It's closer to 75-80. And it's still 1100 yards.

You're WHOLE POINT was that Dwayne Bowe is NOT AN ELITE WR.

You're wrong.

I think it's funny you quote me in your sig though. You're too stupid to realize that an admission that he drops passes means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Roddy White drops passes. Jordy Nelson drops passes. Terrell Owens dropped passes for his entire career.

This isn't about dropped passes, it's about you wanting to weight the dropped passes WAY MORE than they actually are.

But by all means, continue on. It obviously makes you feel better, Don Quixote.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

All of our WRs do that. Not just Baldwin. Bowe does it on nearly every catch.

That's because the QBs we have have "windows" measured in YARDS rather than FEET.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9020907)
I've never said anything to the contrary - only that he could (and should) ploay better already.

I expect more from a receiver with his physical skill set, period. He could be as badass as Fitzgerald, who doesn't give a fuck less about who his QB is. He COULD be that good.

But he ain't.

Bullshit.

You went off about him pointing at the back of his jersey and shit.

Stop changing the argument.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9020936)
I hear ya man. I'm just tired of recievers running uncovered not even given a look and wide open recievers overthrown, underthrown, thrown under the bus because of shit passes. It's ridiculous. My frustration with this team is at a boiling point.

like the Baltimore game, cASShoLLLLLe tried to force it into double-coverage on either Bowe or Bladwin, but it got tipped up and picked...and Maneri was streaking wide open on a TE post down the middle. And the QB wasn't even rushed - he just sucked.

As usual.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9020950)
Bullshit.

You pulled that ONE thing out of the middle of a LIST of shit I posted about him.

Again, that 'pointing' wouldn't be a big deal, but his team is 1-5 and he isn't exactly playing great individually, I don't care how many catches he's on pace for. Winning cures everything; losing MAGNIFIES everything. D8ckhead needs to go out and concentrate on the game and not self-promotion. If you don't agree with that, then you probably don't have much moral character yourself.

I'm sorry you feel the need to carry on, but I feel as if i have proven my point, and I'm done with you - do find something else to do.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9020977)
You pulled that ONE thing out of the middle of a LIST of shit I posted about him.

Again, that 'pointing' wouldn't be a big deal, but his team is 1-5 and he isn't exactly playing great individually, I don't care how many catches he's on pace for. Winning cures everything; losing MAGNIFIES everything. D8ckhead needs to go out and concentrate on the game and not self-promotion. If you don't agree with that, then you probably don't have much moral character yourself.

I'm sorry you feel the need to carry on, but I feel as if i have proven my point, and I'm done with you - do find something else to do.

Yep, it's Bob. ROFLROFLROFL

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9020940)
Now you want to argue semantics. Whoopity doo!

I pulled the 90 out of my ass and I was wrong. It's closer to 75-80. And it's still 1100 yards.

You're WHOLE POINT was that Dwayne Bowe is NOT AN ELITE WR.

You're wrong.

I think it's funny you quote me in your sig though. You're too stupid to realize that an admission that he drops passes means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Roddy White drops passes. Jordy Nelson drops passes. Terrell Owens dropped passes for his entire career.

This isn't about dropped passes, it's about you wanting to weight the dropped passes WAY MORE than they actually are.

But by all means, continue on. It obviously makes you feel better, Don Quixote.

yaaaaAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNnnnnnnn....

I would take Roddy or Jordy over D-Bowe in a heartbeat.

Again, those guys teams are WINNING. They probably laugh off a drop, because they have an elite QB who's going to come right back and hit them square in the hands on the very next play.

Not so in KC, where the ball hits D-Bowe in the hands and, if it's not intercepted, DaboLLLLL calls a draw on 3rd and 13, then we punt.

The margin for error here is non-existent. He has to be more accountable. None of this, 'well, D-Bowe and Roddy drop the same percentage of passes.'

Yeah, well Roddy's team can recover from that shit - D-Bowe's can't.

AM I RIGHT!!!???

A

Woodchuck 10-16-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9020977)

Don't let him get to you. I see your point. Bowe is making a half a million a game this year and he looks like shit.

HemiEd 10-16-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9020615)
Somehow we didn't have the money to resign Brandon Carr but we did have the money to pay a BACKUP WR $5 million a year to play about 2 sets a game.

What a joke

I am starting to thing Carr wanted out of KC for the same reason Peyton Manning didn't consider coming to KC, and maybe why Bowe didn't sign a long term deal. The Pioli environment.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodchuck (Post 9021012)
Don't let him get to you. I see your point. Bowe is making a half a million a game this year and he looks like shit.

Exactly.

For such a "team leader" and "star veteran", he leads with a pretty shitty example - no wonder this team is ****ed from the top to the bottom.

Easy 6 10-16-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9021017)
I am starting to thing Carr wanted out of KC for the same reason Peyton Manning didn't consider coming to KC, and maybe why Bowe didn't sign a long term deal. The Pioli environment.

Exactly, and i'm sure the list goes on.

People dont want to be under this ****ing nazi's thumb.

Sorter 10-16-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9020556)
Hey look.....Black Bob started a 3rd account.

Can't Phobia or someone just IP ban this mother****er?

htismaqe 10-16-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021010)
yaaaaAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWNnnnnnnn....

I would take Roddy or Jordy over D-Bowe in a heartbeat.

Again, those guys teams are WINNING. They probably laugh off a drop, because they have an elite QB who's going to come right back and hit them square in the hands on the very next play.

Not so in KC, where the ball hits D-Bowe in the hands and, if it's not intercepted, DaboLLLLL calls a draw on 3rd and 13, then we punt.

The margin for error here is non-existent. He has to be more accountable. None of this, 'well, D-Bowe and Roddy drop the same percentage of passes.'

Yeah, well Roddy's team can recover from that shit - D-Bowe's can't.

AM I RIGHT!!!???

A

Thank God!

I only took like 3 hours for you to FINALLY admit what all of us knew you meant from the very beginning.

The rest of the team sucks so Dwayne Bowe has to be PERFECT.

That's the dumbest ****ing take ever and the ONLY other person that's every made that same argument is Black Bob.

Congrats, you're in rare company.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021021)
Exactly.

For such a "team leader" and "star veteran", he leads with a pretty shitty example - no wonder this team is ****ed from the top to the bottom.

On EVERY good team, the QB is the leader.

Your expectations of Bowe are absolutely assinine.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9021017)

You betchya. he could've signed if he wanted - his best friend Brandon Flowers PLEADED with him to stay, and Pioli had ALREADY signed Routt, which would have improved the nickel tremendously. But, like Orton, he just wanted out of the circus.

HemiEd 10-16-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

"

If you have been watching the same game I have, that is his only chance to catch one of those Cassel throws. In fact, as pointed out earlier, he can't even reach them with both hands, they are so high.

This team is stacked with WRs, they just need someone to call the right plays and a QB that can do his part. End of story.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-16-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9021031)

They need to stop burying them at the old Indian Burial Grounds.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9021039)
Thank God!

I only took like 3 hours for you to FINALLY admit what all of us knew you meant from the very beginning.

The rest of the team sucks so Dwayne Bowe has to be PERFECT.

That's the dumbest ****ing take ever and the ONLY other person that's every made that same argument is Black Bob.

Congrats, you're in rare company.

No, - he doesn't have to be perfect, but he could stop acting like a toolbag.

You could, too.

HemiEd 10-16-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9021030)
Exactly, and i'm sure the list goes on.

People dont want to be under this ****ing nazi's thumb.

Yeah, and then to confound that issue, you have a HC that holds nobody accountable for anything. He just doesn't understand.

Sorter 10-16-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021045)
which would have improved the nickel tremendously.

Entirely speculation you stupid ****ing noob. Neither Routt, Carr, or Flowers play on the inside.

GTFO.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021062)
No, - he doesn't have to be perfect, but he could stop acting like a toolbag.

You could, too.

OK, so it isn't about the dropped passes, it's about the pointing to the back of his jersey again?

Still dumb. Sorry.

Sorter 10-16-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9021055)
They need to stop burying them at the old Indian Burial Grounds.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...bmZd9y4-NGm-aQ

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9021052)
If you have been watching the same game I have, that is his only chance to catch one of those Cassel throws. In fact, as pointed out earlier, he can't even reach them with both hands, they are so high.

Brady Quinn threw a pass to Baldwin in the first qtr of Sunday's game that, had he KEPT HIS ROUTE and NOT broke off his route, he woulda had a touchdown.

there's a problem with Baldwin, the training camp sensation who can't translate his practice field success to the gridiron. Breaston should be playing over him.

htismaqe 10-16-2012 03:14 PM

Look, I'm done arguing with you. You've been thoroughly exposed.

This isn't about Dwayne Bowe. This is about you.

You obviously have a problem with Dwayne Bowe that prevents you from looking at it with even a slight amount of objectivity.

Admit it and move on.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9021031)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...43#post9019143

HemiEd 10-16-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021083)
Brady Quinn threw a pass to Baldwin in the first qtr of Sunday's game that, had he KEPT HIS ROUTE and NOT broke off his route, he woulda had a touchdown.

there's a problem with Baldwin, the training camp sensation who can't translate his practice field success to the gridiron. Breaston should be playing over him.

Thats one, you are right, but it was Quinn, not Cassel. I do remember it. He is used to having to be an acrobat, and once he has confidence that the balls may be actually catchable, maybe he will quit jumping out of instinct.

Breaston should be playing, no doubt, but you also need to give the 1st round pick some reps and a chance to play. The fact that he missed so much time due to the Thomas Jones incident, put him behind.

Breaston needs to adapt to the slot, and sit Mccluster, fixed. I like watching Baldwin play, McCluster not so much.

Sorter 10-16-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021088)

So you're either a mult or pathetic (you're in a non-successful band).

Congratulations on mediocrity. You would be best friends with a certain GM I know...

Easy 6 10-16-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9021066)
Yeah, and then to confound that issue, you have a HC that holds nobody accountable for anything. He just doesn't understand.

If this were a nazi POW camp, Romeo would be Sgt. Schultz.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9021087)
Look, I'm done arguing with you. You've been thoroughly exposed.

This isn't about Dwayne Bowe. This is about you.

You obviously have a problem with Dwayne Bowe that prevents you from looking at it with even a slight amount of objectivity.

Admit it and move on.

Oh my god, it had been dropped : I had posted and moved on - you counter with :

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9020950)
Bullshit.

And I'm telling you, my ultimate frustration with him is that he is physically gifted enough to be as good as the elites, like a Larry fitzgerald - and he is NOT.

I don't know how that is so hard for you to understand. With his physical skill set, he COULD be as good as Fitzgerald.

but he's NOT.

HE IS NOT.

Fitzgerald and Johnson are the measuring sticks for "elite" WRs in this league, and D-Bowe is NOT in their class.

AT ALL.

HemiEd 10-16-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9021119)
If this were a nazi POW camp, Romeo would be Sgt. Schultz.

Perfect! I do mean that, Perfect! ROFLROFL

NJChiefsFan 10-16-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9018984)
Feel bad for Breaston. Just rotting away on this shit team...

Him and a bunch of others.

Sorter 10-16-2012 03:30 PM

You do realize that Larry is a HOF WR and they don't just grow on trees?

Most players in the NFL have similar physical skill sets, dumbass. It is the other skills that separate them. ****, Larry has a way slower 40 time than nearly every other top 15 WR.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9021113)
So you're either a mult or pathetic (you're in a non-successful band).

Congratulations on mediocrity. You would be best friends with a certain GM I know...

but my name is not Bob.

And it depends on what your measure of "success" is - we play enough shows with enough guaranteed $$ each month and sell enough merch that I can go to school without having to worry a whole lot about things, get to go to some Chiefs games, hang out with my daughter.

I'm cool with it.

sorry it's not good enough for you; maybe lady gaga or Nickleback will be more to your liking. then, you can go eat at applebee's with your fat, ugly wife, ya ****ing hoosier.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9021157)
It is the other skills that separate them.

yeah, like dedication and work ethic - two things that D-Bowe has only heard about.

Sorter 10-16-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021158)

sorry it's not good enough for you; maybe lady gaga or Nickleback will be more to your liking. then, you can go eat at applebee's with your fat, ugly wife, ya ****ing hoosier.

More of a Mandy Patinkin fan.

Easy 6 10-16-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021166)
yeah, like dedication and work ethic - two things that D-Bowe has only heard about.

HURR YEAH

Thats why Bowe trains with Fitzgerald in the offseason... you're a parody.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9021157)
You do realize that Larry is a HOF WR and they don't just grow on trees?

Most players in the NFL have similar physical skill sets, dumbass. It is the other skills that separate them. ****, Larry has a way slower 40 time than nearly every other top 15 WR.

here ya go, dipshit - they DON'T 'just grow on trees' - THEY ARE CREATED :

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/02/wi...o-a-superstar/

Keyshawn Johnson had an eye on the Kansas City-Seattle game. The AFC West-leading Chiefs, on the road and leading by 11, were trying to close out the Seahawks midway through the fourth quarter.

Matt Cassel, armed with the top running game in the league and one of its most explosive tailbacks in Jamaal Charles, brought his unit to the line on third-and-1 at the Seattle 46. Run, right?

How 'bout a slant-and-go to Dwayne Bowe instead?

The fourth-year wide receiver ran a perfect route, Cassel was on the money for a 17-yard completion, and the Chiefs scored the put-away touchdown in their 45-24 win three plays later.

Johnson watched and nodded.

"When I saw that, I knew," the former Pro Bowl wideout-turned analyst said by telephone Wednesday. "Obviously, Dwayne Bowe had matured at his position this season, but that play, right there -- a "Sluggo" (essentially a slant-and-go route) in that situation -- told me how much his coach trusts him."

Such faith would never have happened, though, had Bowe not placed a similar trust in his coach. And when that coach is a receivers maven like Todd Haley -- whose track record with wideouts looks like this: Johnson with the New York Jets; Marty Booker in Chicago; Johnson again, plus Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens in Dallas; Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin in Arizona -- why wouldn't a receiver bend on his every word?

"At this level, you have to keep your mouth closed and keep your head down and just strive," Bowe said Sunday after grabbing 13 passes for 170 yards and three touchdowns against the Seahawks. "That's what I've been doing."

Don't expect Bowe to alter the course. Not only was his last outing the best single-game performance of his career, it padded his 2010 season numbers to 58 catches, 885 yards and a franchise-record 14 touchdowns. All but one of those TDs have come after Week56, making Bowe just the third player since the NFL-AFL merger in 1970 -- joining Jerry Rice (1987) and Sterling Sharpe ('94) -- with 13 scoring receptions over a seven-game span.

Something happened.

"He's now a football player and not just a pass-catcher. That wasn't the case before and that's not easy to deal with," said Haley, who, in his second year in Kansas City, has the Chiefs (7-4) atop the AFC West heading to Sunday's home date against rival Denver (3-8). "Sometimes, guys are more caught up in statistics than they are winning."

That was a problem with Fitzgerald when Haley left his post as receivers coach and passing-game coordinator with the Cowboys to become offensive coordinator for the Cardinals in '07. Fitzgerald, taken third overall in the '04 draft, had put up good enough numbers in his career, but few of them factored into the victory column.

Much like a conversation he had with Johnson in New York a decade earlier, Haley reminded Fitzgerald what the game was all about.

"I told Larry the statistics he was putting up were meaningless if the team wasn't above .500," Haley told FanHouse by phone Wednesday. "Sometimes, guys accumulate yards and make people think they're good receivers when they're really not. Sometimes that's hard for those guys to accept."

"Todd (Haley) wants you in the best possible condition you could be in, and then teaches you how to play the position the way it's supposed to be played."
-- Keyshawn Johnson But like Johnson before him, Fitzgerald took the message and started his transformation by taking stock in Haley's obsession with conditioning. He lost weight, added muscle and, practically overnight, became arguably the best wideout in football.

Three years later, Bowe is undergoing a similar metamorphosis under Haley's guidance and with a near-identical sales pitch. Bowe even spent the offseason training with Fitzgerald.

"I told myself I had to get serious and focus," he said.

Again, it wasn't like Bowe was a bum. He was Kansas City's first-round draft pick in '07 out of LSU and actually caught 86 passes for more than 1,000 yards in '08, the year before Haley left the Cards after their last-second loss to Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl to become head coach of the Chiefs.

That would be -- at the time -- the 2-14 Chiefs, by the way.

"He came into offseason meetings and I looked like a tight end or a linebacker," Haley recalled.

The 6-foot-2 Bowe weighed 238 pounds.

Later, Haley handed Bowe a bowling ball to make a point.

"Try carrying a couple of these around," he said. "Try to get off the line or beat a guy downfield or high-jump for a ball in the fourth quarter."

Bowe, Haley figured, was two bowling balls overweight.

Now, the 2010 version weight in at 212 pounds and is playing like a present-day Otis Taylor, carving himself into an all-purpose wideout who never has to come off the field.

Johnson remembers how much of a difference the few pounds Haley made him take off (from 216 to 212) and swears he could feel it.

"The explosion, the stamina, the endurance, it's all part of it on game day," Johnson said. "Todd wants you in the best possible condition you could be in, and then teaches you how to play the position the way it's supposed to be played. A lot of guys catch passes, but you have to get open, you have to finish plays, have to block in the running game. His guys do that. And that's what Bowe is doing right now."

For one reason.

"He bought in," Haley said.

The Chiefs, with the return of Charles and addition of Thomas Jones, figured to have a lethal rushing attack this season. They do -- it's ranked No. 1 in the league at 173.4 yards per game.

But now they have a touchdown-maker in the passing game, who has made some fantasy football geeks look really smart. Bowe needs just 115 yards for the second 1,000-yard season of his career. Only this time, he'll be amassing those digits in meaningful games in December with Chiefs fighting for a postseason spot.

"My head is down," Bowe said.

Everything else about his game -- and the Chiefs -- is way up.

2010 was SO long ago.

I miss Todd Haley.

I win the internets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9021191)
HURR YEAH

Thats why Bowe trains with Fitzgerald in the offseason... you're a parody.

One week out of the year so Fatty can make weight in training camp does not a career make, moron.

Easy 6 10-16-2012 04:38 PM

Bob Wheel you're still a parody, he's been going for the last three years, heres proof of his most recent trip, you ****ing reerun...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7...rived-at-larry

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9021292)
Bob Wheel you're still a parody, he's been going for the last three years, heres proof of his most recent trip, you ****ing reerun...

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/7...rived-at-larry

hey dipshit - that article is dated July 8, 2010.

Major epic internet fail.

Second, if you're gonna call me a reerun, I would appreciate more effort on your part to spell properly, use proper grammar - context and syntax are huge too, don't forget. Punctuation and proper tense help you not appear so Mongoloid, as well. I mean, check the date on your link before you post it, for God's sake - I thought I was the ****ing n00b here, and I have to school YOU. Pathetic.

3rd, as I stated before (and you just simply didn't read the last post I made - or may not have been able to make it through all those big long words before it) just because the Fat & Lazy #82 goes out to AZ and runs sprints with Fitz to drop weight for camp, doesn't mean he does what Fitz does, day in day out, game in game out, PLAY IN PLAY OUT.

ya ignorant wretch.

Chiefspants 10-16-2012 04:59 PM

http://images.wikia.com/theamazingwo...onna_b_gud.gif

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9021358)

Nah, it's already over; the best he's got left is neg repping me and commenting "wrong again, dummy" in private...

pretty anticlimactic, if you ask me.

(hey 'scott free' - google up 'anticlimactic' on your intrawebber; I ain't got time to explain the meaning of that, too...)

WhiteWhale 10-16-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9020291)
I would take them over D-Bowe; way higher ceiling (all are younger) and I would LOVE a graphic of how much of D. Bowes yardage has come in garbage time (like that huge game he had in Denver - long after the outcome had been decided)

D. Bowe doesn't step up and take over games, he disappears at the most inopportune times - seriously, the only thing that makes him 'great' are his numbers. We haven't had a QB that makes him better than he already is...and he surely doesn't make any QBs better. Fitzgerald and Johnson catch 10 balls for over 100 yds and a TD no matter WHO their QB is - BECAUSE THEY GET OPEN, AND THEY CATCH THE ****ING BALL, NO MATTER WHO THROWS IT.

Those who scoff and go, 'oh Dwayne Bowe is a STAR, you don't know what you're talking about.' Yeah, Larry Fitzgerald had Max Hall, Kevin Kolb and John Skelton throwing him the ball. That's arguably worse than cASShoLLLLLe, Orton and Palko. Or cASShoLLLLLe and Quinn.

THAT'S my point. As a '#1', he makes a great #2 possession receiver. No way I consider him a true number #1.

Flame away, ladies.

Do you know the difference between conjecture and facts?

Fitzgerald, along with Megatron, were two of the most highly regarded WR prospects in the past decade. Bitching and whining because Bowe isn't as good as them is ****ing stupid as shit. Bowe was like the 4th WR taken in his class. Their natural ability is not the same.

Aside from that, you name inferior players and claim ceiling (conjecture) and age, which isn't even true in all cases.

Your argument, which is "He's not as good as Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, and that means he's terrible." is fundamentally flawed buddy. I think you're just being a contrarian for attention.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9021716)
Do you know the difference between conjecture and facts?

Fitzgerald, along with Megatron, were two of the most highly regarded WR prospects in the past decade. Bitching and whining because Bowe isn't as good as them is ****ing stupid as shit. Bowe was like the 4th WR taken in his class. Their natural ability is not the same.

Aside from that, you name inferior players and claim ceiling (conjecture) and age, which isn't even true in all cases.

Your argument, which is "He's not as good as Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald, and that means he's terrible." is fundamentally flawed buddy. I think you're just being a contrarian for attention.

I didn't say he was terrible - find ONE post where I stated such drivel.

I said he isn't as good as he could be, and I stand by that.

I also said that I believe he COULD be as good as Fitzgerald, were he to have the same type of attitude and work ethic - but he doesn't.

Finally, I argued that he doesn't belong in the same category as the TRULY elite WRs such as Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson, etc. Because he simply is not as good those guys.

that doesn't mean he's terrible or he sucks or that he should be cut; it just means I believe him to be just a notch below the truly elite guys.

And I stand by that.

Tombstone RJ 10-16-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 9018924)
Chiefs coach: Steve Breaston is a backup right now

Earlier today we did this post wondering what in the heck has happened to Steve Breaston. The KC Chiefs receiver has had 10 combined snaps in the last two games. Not exactly the snaps you'd like to see from a guy over a year removed from a five-year contract.

Despite being listed ahead of Jon Baldwin on the depth chart, Breaston is a backup. This according to Romeo Crennel in Monday's press conference.

"Steve is a backup wide receiver right now," Crennel said, via comments sent out by the Chiefs. "And the number of reps he gets, I don't know how many he's going to get or when he's going to be called on and when he's going to be needed."

"And we've talked about it and I said you just have to be ready when you're called on and do the best you can when you get called. And that's the way every backup on the team has to do it. There are a lot of backups on the team that don't get reps, but if they get called on they have to go in and play."

Note that he said he's talked to Breaston about it.

This might make the upcoming trade deadline a little more interesting.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/1...ckup-right-now

Good thing Crennel is the HC right? I mean, why does he need to know all this stuff anyway? :eek:

ROFL

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9021845)
Good thing Crennel is the HC right? I mean, why does he need to know all this stuff anyway? :eek:

ROFL

yeah, those are all minor details - he's got major shit to worry about, like what's for dinner...and whether he's gonna spend all the $$ he gets from the Hunts on a countryside cottage in upstate NY, or something a bit more gated, luxurious and suburban.

Easy 6 10-16-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021348)
hey dipshit - that article is dated July 8, 2010.

Major epic internet fail.

Second, if you're gonna call me a reerun, I would appreciate more effort on your part to spell properly, use proper grammar - context and syntax are huge too, don't forget. Punctuation and proper tense help you not appear so Mongoloid, as well. I mean, check the date on your link before you post it, for God's sake - I thought I was the ****ing n00b here, and I have to school YOU. Pathetic.

3rd, as I stated before (and you just simply didn't read the last post I made - or may not have been able to make it through all those big long words before it) just because the Fat & Lazy #82 goes out to AZ and runs sprints with Fitz to drop weight for camp, doesn't mean he does what Fitz does, day in day out, game in game out, PLAY IN PLAY OUT.

ya ignorant wretch.

I was busy at work & didnt check the date, so what, there are more recent links to come, putting the lie to your idiocy, you're just a snot nosed kid talking big.

2010 & 2012 respectively...

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/2010/...itzgerald-camp

http://thefootballgirl.com/news-and-...ugust-5th.html

You wont school me kiddo, i promise you that... crying about neg rep in the forum LMAO, whats even funnier is that atleast a few people white knighted & rewarded you for it, thats whats pathetic. Now go breast feed your daughter & get to bed, that minimum wage job isnt going to work itself, jumior.

Sorter 10-16-2012 07:38 PM

Rep for scott free :)

Sorter 10-16-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9021937)
. Now go breast feed your daughter & get to bed, that minimum wage job isnt going to work itself, jumior.

He's in a band.

That isn't on iTunes.

Easy 6 10-16-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9022000)
He's in a band.

That isn't on iTunes.

HE'S GOLD, JERRY!

htismaqe 10-16-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9021756)
I didn't say he was terrible - find ONE post where I stated such drivel.

I said he isn't as good as he could be, and I stand by that.

I also said that I believe he COULD be as good as Fitzgerald, were he to have the same type of attitude and work ethic - but he doesn't.

Finally, I argued that he doesn't belong in the same category as the TRULY elite WRs such as Fitz, Megatron, Andre Johnson, etc. Because he simply is not as good those guys.

that doesn't mean he's terrible or he sucks or that he should be cut; it just means I believe him to be just a notch below the truly elite guys.

And I stand by that.

There's just one problem - you didn't articulate your argument this way before.

You know why I jumped all over you earlier? Because instead of saying "Bowe need to work harder" or "Bowe is a notch below elite" you said "Bowe is a tool", busted on him pointing at the back of his jersey as if that somehow has ANYTHING to do with how good of a player he is, and then proceeded to call him fatty.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to construct your criticism better. As it stood (up until the post above at least) your posts looked like those of a guy who's girlfriend was hitting on Bowe at a party.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9022000)
He's in a band.

That isn't on iTunes.

we're too cool for itunes.

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2012 07:56 PM

Someone, PLEASE ban BobTard ****pants.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9022105)
There's just one problem - you didn't articulate your argument this way before.

You know why I jumped all over you earlier? Because instead of saying "Bowe need to work harder" or "Bowe is a notch below elite" you said "Bowe is a tool", busted on him pointing at the back of his jersey as if that somehow has ANYTHING to do with how good of a player he is, and then proceeded to call him fatty.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to construct your criticism better. As it stood (up until the post above at least) your posts looked like those of a guy who's girlfriend was hitting on Bowe at a party.

the pointing at the back of his jersey is emblematic of his 'me-first' attitude; sorry y'all focused so much on that. I mentioned the drops and his tendency to disappear when(if?) the game happens to be on the line.

You notice how Fitz and Megatron et. al. catch a shitton of their passes in truly meaningful situations - Arizona last Sunday perfect example. Kolb is hurt, Skelton in, throws to Fitz repeatedly who is always open and makes the catches to put his team in a position to win. Bowe doesn't do that. That article I posted from 2010 about Haley, Keyshawn, Fitz and D-Bowe?? There's a lot to read between the lines on in that article.

A LOT.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9022146)
Someone, PLEASE ban BobTard ****pants.

someone, PLEASE ban your mom from 47th and Prospect; the AIDS epidemic has reached critical mass.

SDChiefs 10-16-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9019197)
im not going to hate on McCluster because at least he ****ing does somewhat of production but Jon Baldwin was a waste of a first round pick and is an overrated practice warrior stain. Dude cant beat the press, he cant locate the ball and he makes every catch look harder than it is. You are 6'5 you dont need to do jumping 1 handed grab attempts while twisting your body just for an 8 yard catch so you can showboat.

The scary part is I think they are giving him all these game reps because they expect him to take over for Bowe next season. And if Baldwin is our #1 WR, we are ****ed.

All because PioLLLLLi's father in law told him AJ Green and Jon Baldwin are the same player. Yeah great piece of info you ****ing old piece of trash. Stuck with another bum draft pick.

but hey its a process

Lmao. With matt cassel you absolutely have to jump and attempt 1 handed grabs from 8 yards out. And when baldwin is the 2nd or third read hes not gonna get the ball to him because cassel will look at bowe and look at mccluster and then check down to charles or eachus. Yeah **** baldwin, he sucks.

rabblerouser 10-16-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefs (Post 9022369)
Lmao. With matt cassel you absolutely have to jump and attempt 1 handed grabs from 8 yards out. And when baldwin is the 2nd or third read hes not gonna get the ball to him because cassel will look at bowe and look at mccluster and then check down to charles or eachus. Yeah **** baldwin, he sucks.

pretty much.

And, back on topic...

THROW THE ****IN' BALL TO BREASTON!!!

htismaqe 10-16-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9022175)
the pointing at the back of his jersey is emblematic of his 'me-first' attitude; sorry y'all focused so much on that. I mentioned the drops and his tendency to disappear when(if?) the game happens to be on the line.

You notice how Fitz and Megatron et. al. catch a shitton of their passes in truly meaningful situations - Arizona last Sunday perfect example. Kolb is hurt, Skelton in, throws to Fitz repeatedly who is always open and makes the catches to put his team in a position to win. Bowe doesn't do that. That article I posted from 2010 about Haley, Keyshawn, Fitz and D-Bowe?? There's a lot to read between the lines on in that article.

A LOT.

Lots of guys, especially WRS have me-first attitudes. We've established that already.

What you haven't established is some kind of connection between his attitude and his play on the field. Because there isn't one.

Dwayne Bowe isn't lazy. He isn't fat. And while he may not be reaching his full potential, he certainly isn't a disappointment.

Your ire is misdirected. Focus! We've got a GM to oust!

Hammock Parties 10-16-2012 08:48 PM

Dwayne Bowe plays the game exactly the way Michael Irvin used to.

Kicks ass, acts like a jackass and annoys the brass.

HOF WR.

Sorter 10-16-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9022578)
Dwayne Bowe plays the game exactly the way Michael Irvin used to.

Kicks ass, acts like a jackass and annoys the brass.

HOF WR.

Additionally, D-Bowe isn't a dick in person.

Tombstone RJ 10-16-2012 09:50 PM

kc needs Bowe a whole lot more then Bowe needs kc, especially if kc drafts a rookie QB. Just a little fyi...

58-4ever 10-16-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 9022856)
kc needs Bowe a whole lot more then Bowe needs kc, especially if kc drafts a rookie QB. Just a little fyi...

very much the truth. Baldwin hasn't been separated from a DB on one of his catches. He can't get away. He runs shitty routes and relys on his superior size and athleticism.

We need WRs that can catch the ball and run. Baldwin will never be that guy. He can't get open against NFL DBs.

ShowtimeSBMVP 10-23-2012 04:34 PM

Steve Breaston ‏@SBreaston15

When the situation ain't improving....

CoMoChief 10-23-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9022774)
Additionally, D-Bowe isn't a dick in person.

Didn't try to murder one of his teammates either...

BigMeatballDave 10-23-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9043618)
Didn't try to murder one of his teammates either...

Huh?

CoMoChief 10-23-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9043620)
Huh?

Read "Boys Will Be Boys - Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys"

There was a chapter where Michael Irvin was getting his haircut in the team barber shop.....he told some UDFA rookie to GTF up because he was a king and deserved to get his haircut first....when the rookie refused, Irvin grabbed the barber's scissors and stabbed him in the god damn throat and almost bled to death and killed the guy. They settled out of court for a large sum of money if the rookie kept quiet and never spoke of the issue.

SAUTO 10-23-2012 05:19 PM

Everett mciver. And he was an undrafted rookie in 94. Not a rookie.

Got a six figure settlement
Posted via Mobile Device