ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Shawn Zobel on 610 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267113)

Mother****erJones 11-27-2012 03:33 PM

Called Barkely Trent dilfer LMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-27-2012 03:35 PM

Just dogged Dungy on Murray lol

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:36 PM

dude this shit happens every year

two years ago Cam Newton was a gimmick and no way was he going to go #1 overall...

last year the same thing happened with RGIII and when he announced I told my friends no way he doesn't go #2 overall...

with the new draft slots and not having to pay the #1 or #2 pick $800,000 billion dollars there is just no reason not to take the BQBA and if he busts, he busts, and you rinse, wash and repeat next year when you have that #1 or #2 pick again...

Losing $22M guaranteed to Geno Smith won't be the end of the road...we gave Tyson Jackson twice that much.

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9157157)
dude this shit happens every year

two years ago Cam Newton was a gimmick and no way was he going to go #1 overall...

last year the same thing happened with RGIII and when he announced I told my friends no way he doesn't go #2 overall...

with the new draft slots and not having to pay the #1 or #2 pick $800,000 billion dollars there is just no reason not to take the BQBA and if he busts, he busts, and you rinse, wash and repeat next year when you have that #1 or #2 pick again...

Losing $22M guaranteed to Geno Smith won't be the end of the road...we gave Tyson Jackson twice that much.

****, we're paying Jackson 17M straight up next year.

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:38 PM

and I know hindsight is FIFTY FIFTY but my God Rams fans have to hate pawning off that #2...shit, at this point, would you rather have FIVE FIRST ROUND PICKS or RGIII?

how about TEN FIRST ROUND PICKS?

10 may be overkill.

LTL 11-27-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156372)
I don't get this. This is pure revisionist history.

ANDREW LUCK is the guy that only comes around every 10 years or so.

Robert Griffin has been anointed as such AFTER THE FACT, not before. In fact, the rarity of a prospect like Luck and the fact that Griffin was taken immediately afterwards, elevated Griffin to a height he would have never reached on his own pre-draft.

Now Griffin's indicator stats right now are off the charts - nearly 70% completion percentage, 16/4 TD/INT ratio, and over 8 YPA. People lumping him in with Luck appear to be justified but it's with the benefit of hindsight.

We can't sit here today and pretend that Luck and Griffin were 1a and 1b going into last year's draft.

Pretty much.

This same Zobel guy had Barkley as the #2 QB last year around this time and called him a franchise guy saying he has all the tools and intangibles.

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:39 PM

honestly

now you take a guy like Tannehill 8th, he makes $10M...he sucks, oh well...you waste 1 year.

(no, I'm not saying he's a bust yet, I'm just saying there is no longer risk taking the BQBA in the draft)

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:41 PM

RGIII does play in a RGIII friendly offense...lot of screens, and they really haven't asked him to win games with his arm, especially early in the game. They don't take a ton of risks until they have to...although I think dos Shanahan are ready to take those baby gloves off and let RGIII start winning games with his arm...teams don't think he'll throw it deep and now two weeks in a row he's unleashed his beastly, accurate cannon to wide open guys streaking down the field...

now Luck...Luck they treated like a veteran from snap #1 and he's played like a top 7 QB in the NFL and he's a rookie...

so yeah, I've been more impressed with Luck but RGIII is certainly a franchise, fantastic, elite, amazing, incredible QB.

RunKC 11-27-2012 03:42 PM

So far our scouts have scouted Barkley, Geno and and Glennon.

Haven't heard about our scouts being at a Tyler Wilson game. They probably have, but it just wasn't tweeted or known.

Quesadilla Joe 11-27-2012 03:43 PM

I can't believe you guys are willing to throw away the #1 pick in the draft just because you need a QB. I'm not saying that Geno is the next Tim Couch, but he could be. And if he is you just threw away a chance to draft a guy who should be a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Elway thought he needed a QB in 2011 and I'm ecstatic that he used his brain and didn't draft Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, or Dalton at #2.

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9157180)
I can't believe you guys are willing to throw away the #1 pick in the draft just because you need a QB. I'm not saying that Geno is the next Tim Couch, but he could be. And if he is you just threw away a chance to draft a guy who should be a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Elway thought he needed a QB in 2011. I'm ecstatic that he didn't draft Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, or Dalton at #2.

I love Jarvis Jones, Bingo, Montgomery, and Clowney.

None of those guys are Miller, you ****ing moron.

Chief_For_Life58 11-27-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Elway thought he needed a QB in 2011 and I'm ecstatic that he used his brain and didn't draft Gabbert, Locker, Ponder, or Dalton at #2.

youre a ****ing reerun. you seriously must have no life

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

I hope your parents aren't paying for your education because if so, they're wasting their money.

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:46 PM

I'd rather have a bust QB at #1 overall than a pro bowl ILB

keg in kc 11-27-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9156864)
If you are referring to USC's o-line...they suck and are a far cry from what is usually there.

They've been inconsistent, sure, but generally better as the year went on from a poor start to the season. They'll have players drafted from that line. The West Virginia line, on the other hand, was a turnstile for every single game in which they played anybody with even marginal talent on defense. Absolutely horrendous.

Quesadilla Joe 11-27-2012 03:51 PM

I get it, you guys are fed up with going the retread route. You want your own franchise QB. But if one is not available you shouldn't just throw away the #1 pick in the draft. That is just as dumb as committing to Matt Cassel for 4 years.

ChiefsCountry 11-27-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9157202)
I get it, you guys are fed up with going the retread route. You want your own franchise QB. But if one is not available you shouldn't just throw away the #1 pick in the draft. That is just as dumb as committing to Matt Cassel for 4 years.

Go kill yourself.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Too bad there isn't a Tebow available, right?

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:54 PM

well unless there is a Calvin Johnson in the draft...I certainly don't want an ILB at #1, a DL at #1, we don't need a pass rusher so even if Von Miller were in the draft it would be a luxury pick that we don't really need...we don't need a RB...we could use a DB so if there was a Champ Bailey in the draft sign me up...

otherwise draft a ****ing QB and be done with it...Geno, Barkley...who gives a shit.

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7oyxazTC1rr0tpy.gif

threebag 11-27-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

All those choices are better than a FB/QB at no. 25 in the draft. Any year included.

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:56 PM

the Colts have Luck for 4 years and $22M...

(fully guaranteed)

so he's paid a little better (because of the full guarantee) than Matt Flynn.

so unless there is a Calvin Johnson or Champ Bailey I don't know about...Geno is the only logical pick.

Hootie 11-27-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 9157214)
All those choices are better than a FB/QB at no. 25 in the draft. Any year included.

sadly that one glory year of Tebow is better than anything we've gotten out of a Pioli #1

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

You are the biggest POS on here.

**** you and your reeruned, inbred family.

Hootie 11-27-2012 04:01 PM

why do you guys get so mad at him?

He's funny, if nothing else.

and honestly, he may be right...in terms of ability, these QB's pale in comparison compared to Newton, Luck and RGIII...

but that doesn't mean I'm not still taking one!

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

****ing troll.

Another POS that should be on universal ignore.

Quesadilla Joe 11-27-2012 04:03 PM

If the Chiefs just simply had to draft a QB this year, it would be smarter if the Chiefs would take the best non QB available at #1 and then if a QB falls between 15-25, trade up and take him. That way you get the best player in the draft and a QB with some upside that you can groom. Everyone is saying that they aren't too high on this years QB class, I bet a decent one will slip.

Hootie 11-27-2012 04:04 PM

funny thing about 2011 is...

Kaepernick and Dalton seems to be #2 and #3 out of that crop when teams starting taking guys like Locker, Ponder and Gabbert (who has already been given up on)...

I think Ponder has potential...don't like what I see in Locker to be honest.

I think it ends up with:

Newton = Franchise
Kaepernick = Franchise
Dalton = Really, really solid for years to come
Ponder = Ok starter, may develop one way or the other

Gabbert = lost cause

Locker = maybe

Hootie 11-27-2012 04:05 PM

Newton needs a coaching staff, that's for sure. He has all the talent. I hate him, I think he's a douche...but he's crazy gifted.

BigMeatballDave 11-27-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9157227)

and honestly, he may be right...in terms of ability, these QB's pale in comparison compared to Newton, Luck and RGIII...

Well, duh.

Luck and RG3 are generational type players.

Smith and Wilson look as good now as Stafford and Sanchez did 4 yrs ago.

The problem is, homo-reerun doesn't get it.

That ****stick defended the donkeys trading up into the 1st to take Tebow.

BossChief 11-27-2012 04:09 PM

I can smell the fear permeating from KnowMos posts.

Quesadilla Joe 11-27-2012 04:10 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley fell to the 20's with the injuries and the questions people have about him. If the Broncos were in your situation, I would rather have the best player in the draft and Barkley, than just Geno Smith.

TEX 11-27-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9157232)
If the Chiefs just simply had to draft a QB this year, it would be smarter if the Chiefs would take the best non QB available at #1 and then if a QB falls between 15-25, trade up and take him. That way you get the best player in the draft and a QB with some upside that you can groom. Everyone is saying that they aren't too high on this years QB class, I bet a decent one will slip.

EXACTLY THIS! :thumb:

O.city 11-27-2012 04:13 PM

Chiefs don't deserve a franchise qb ffs.

For years we had the best defense in the league and continually got beat by franchise qbs when the games really mattered. How many years have we lost to a franchise qb?

Say you draft the best position player available an he turns into an all pro. Can an all pro lb carry you to a SB?

On the other hand can an all pro qb carry you to a SB?

This shit about this years class being bad is just that, shit.

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:15 PM

no need to draft a QB, there will be plenty on the market (Alex Smith) etc that can work with all this talent and be a good offense

Cassel or Quinn may be an option as well as they will be in the 2nd year in daboll's system so they'll be better

get the best talent (teo) #1

RunKC 11-27-2012 04:16 PM

Tyler Wilson is a legit #1 overall pick. He's looked great this year with nothing but Cobi Hamilton at his side.

He almost beat LSU last Saturday for crying out loud. He is a tough SOB and has a great arm along with the ability to run.

I love this kid.

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157258)
This shit about this years class being bad is just that, shit.

May the light of wisdom and truth shine on all the mentally handicapped folks that frequent this message board.

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157262)
no need to draft a QB, there will be plenty on the market (Alex Smith) etc that can work with all this talent and be a good offense

Cassel or Quinn may be an option as well as they will be in the 2nd year in daboll's system so they'll be better

:facepalm: They are among us.

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9157266)
Tyler Wilson is a legit #1 overall pick. He's looked great this year with nothing but Cobi Hamilton at his side.

He almost beat LSU last Saturday for crying out loud. He is a tough SOB and has a great arm along with the ability to run.

I love this kid.

I'm on the same boat. I'd be just as happy with Wilson as I would Geno. I think he has the "it" factor.

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...co1_r2_500.gif

O.city 11-27-2012 04:21 PM

This is the chiefs fan way.

"Can't take a qb, too risky, wait til next year"

Last years class with luck and rgIII have made people ****ing stupid.

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157274)

We need a more violent gif to illustrate how stupid that last quote was. Aids tree, antifreeze, nuthooks, and the ban hammer for anyone who even suggests Alex Smith might be the answer, or any answer for that matter.

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:23 PM

Alex Smith is a good QB, leading the league in comp % and YPA, would be a great fit here

O.city 11-27-2012 04:23 PM

What a tool know mo is.

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:24 PM

Pair Alex Smith with Teo and you're talking about another SF 49ers with a motivated Smith ready to prove doubters wrong

O.city 11-27-2012 04:25 PM

Don't you assholes get tired of sitting around watching other teams draft their own qbs, develop them and win championships?

For **** sake, the stupidity abounds.

It's time to not be a pussy, but up and do what should have been done years ago

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157283)
Alex Smith is a good QB, leading the league in comp % and YPA, would be a great fit here

Ban this ****er!

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 9157280)
We need a more violent gif to illustrate how stupid that last quote was. Aids tree, antifreeze, nuthooks, and the ban hammer for anyone who even suggests Alex Smith might be the answer, or any answer for that matter.

http://i.imgur.com/9Txmb.gif

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157287)
Pair Alex Smith with Teo and you're talking about another SF 49ers with a motivated Smith ready to prove doubters wrong

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...S/oopsbike.gif

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157293)

Winner!

RunKC 11-27-2012 04:28 PM

I would love Alex Smith in KC....as Tyler Wilson's backup.

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9157201)
They've been inconsistent, sure, but generally better as the year went on from a poor start to the season. They'll have players drafted from that line. The West Virginia line, on the other hand, was a turnstile for every single game in which they played anybody with even marginal talent on defense. Absolutely horrendous.

This is true. It really is comical how often Geno is pressured. And he just slides in the pocket effortlessly it seems.

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9157301)
This is true. It really is comical how often Geno is pressured. And he just slides in the pocket effortlessly it seems.

Geno is going to play behind our OL and be like "WTF? What is... there's like a pocket and...space...and not constant pressure..."

Then he's going to deliver a 40 yd strike for a td.

O.city 11-27-2012 04:31 PM

Some of you guys need to go back and read ore draft reviews of guys like Big Ben, Eli, Ryan, Rodgers etc.

Luck and manning were anomalies. Hell rgIII had question marks

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157290)
Don't you assholes get tired of sitting around watching other teams draft their own qbs, develop them and win championships?

I know I do. Right now we're running a ****ing idiotic scheme designed to try and protect a shitty QB, who can't make the throws when called upon. Double fail. Why not take a flyer on a QB this April, when we need it the most, and roll out a run heavy scheme like they do in Seattle? The only difference being that Wilson can make some throws when called upon, and look pretty good doing it. We have the offensive tools to protect a rookie QB in a similar way, but allow him to open up when the time is right. All we need a new QB with potential, and an OC who has an IQ above 50.

jaa1025 11-27-2012 04:33 PM

God some of our fans are reeruned.

So some of our idiot fanbase would rather not draft a QB that's on the same level as a Matthew Stafford or Matt Ryan coming out because he's not an Andrew Luck or RGIII? Then they turn around and want to draft Manti Teo, who is a good ILB prospect but not even on the same level as Aaron Curry was coming out. He's definitely not on the level as Urlacher.

at #1 you take QB if you need QB. you take a LT to protect your QB. You take a player that is a destroyer of QB's. Or you trade out. There are exceptions to this rule. If Calvin Johnson is available then you can draft him. If Champ Bailey or Deon Sanders is available you can draft him.

Red Beans 11-27-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9157298)
I would love Alex Smith in KC....as Tyler Wilson's backup.

:Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin::Lin:

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:34 PM

We had a chance to trade up for Tannehill last year or get Russell Wilson and pull the trigger but didn't do it.

Sorry, but don't think things will change this year.

Pioli needs to get a ready-now QB like Smith, plug him in to manage this offense and let the defense and running game win ballgames for this club.

mdchiefsfan 11-27-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157315)
We had a chance to trade up for Tannehill last year or get Russell Wilson and pull the trigger but didn't do it.

Pioli needs to get a ready-now QB like Smith, plug him in to manage this offense and let the defense and running game win ballgames for this club.

:popcorn:

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t.../oooopswtf.gif

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Lots of good QBs out there: Vick, Vince Young, McNabb, Garrard, no need to waste any picks

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Geno > Tannehill and R. Wilson.

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...FS/ooooops.gif

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefss (Post 9157320)
Lots of good QBs out there: Vick, Vince Young, McNabb, Garrard, no need to waste any picks

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NnxVr08JH10/TJ...t8JWDw/omg.gif

RealSNR 11-27-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Elway was shit ****ing lucky that Peyton Manning was available. He didn't plan squat. He fell ass over tea kettle into his QB solution and you ****ing know it.

If he didn't get lucky, you guys would be stuck with ****ing Tim Tebow and would be as shitty as you were last year, only this time without a hope of finding a franchise QB in the draft.

Also, "throw away a #1 overall pick?"

****ing **** you, dumbass. Your terrible ****ing football knowledge and analysis aside, tell me how burning that pick on ****ing Jarvis JOnes ISN'T throwing away the pick.

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Okay so this confirms it.

http://www.akk.org/~jagger/Bildchen/obvious-troll.jpg

DTHOF 11-27-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

WTF- isn't that what has been tried the last 4 yrs under Casshole.

Frosty 11-27-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2r3w55w.jpg

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc5wcccCug1ql005v.gif

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5tgd...cc6bo1_500.gif

RealSNR 11-27-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9157227)

and honestly, he may be right...in terms of ability, these QB's pale in

I'd rather have Luck and MAYBE RGIII over Geno.

Cam can go catch flying hippo helicopter poop in his mouth

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maq6zsoCOf1r5vha8.gif

Hootie 11-27-2012 04:44 PM

I think I like what I hear about Aaron Murray more than Tyler Wilson.

Frosty 11-27-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...4iooo1_500.gif

Hootie 11-27-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9157340)
I'd rather have Luck and MAYBE RGIII over Geno.

Cam can go catch flying hippo helicopter poop in his mouth

come on!

MAYBE RGIII?

Really?

I know you are a staunch Geno Smith supporter and I appreciate that but that seems a little ridiculous.

As for Cam, I will agree to disagree with most. He's a damn good player with an attitude problem, but I think with good coaching that could be fixed.

Let's put it this way...if Cam were in Washington with dos Shanahans...he'd be having a sensational year, he has all of the tools RGIII has, he is just an arrogant asshole to boot with maturity issues.

Can they be resolved? I think so, again, with good coaching.

gochiefss 11-27-2012 04:47 PM

I really think McNabb's Harold Pener suits would be a great look at the post-game conferences

Hootie 11-27-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157345)

I don't understand why so many people waste time responding to either an...

A) Obvious troll or
B) Obvious child or
C) Obvious idiot

seems like a waste of time to me

TEX 11-27-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157290)

Naw...it's actually kinda cool!

RealSNR 11-27-2012 04:49 PM

Okay, who's the mult?

Sorter 11-27-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9157361)
I don't understand why so many people waste time responding to either an...

A) Obvious troll or
B) Obvious child or
C) Obvious idiot

seems like a waste of time to me

I like GIFs.