ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Nick Foles News (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270264)

BossChief 02-23-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430158)
Can you really say that?

Somebody posted it the other day.

If you take Donovan McNabb out of the mix, Reid's QB track record is pretty pedestrian.

Yeah, he's good at making mediocre guys look decent.

But outside of McNabb, he really hasn't coached a GREAT QB.

His teams always drafted high and therefore wasnt in position to get a pick of quarterback....he was working with guys like Feeley and Kolb because they were the best guys he could get.

WildTurkey 02-23-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430158)
Can you really say that?

Somebody posted it the other day.

If you take Donovan McNabb out of the mix, Reid's QB track record is pretty pedestrian.

Yeah, he's good at making mediocre guys look decent.

But outside of McNabb, he really hasn't coached a GREAT QB.

You're forgetting Favre and Hasselbeck in Green Bay. He was brought to Green Bay the same year Brett was so I'd like to think he had at least a little to do with his early success

mcaj22 02-23-2013 11:11 PM

eventually that image of flipping lemons and turds to teams is going to come back to bite Reid.

when he calls up someone for a deal, they are going to say thanks for no thanks. He suckered a lot of stupid people over the years to overpay for a lot of crap. I wouldnt be surprised if he called up Philly asked them to do him a solid and they told him to go pound sand.

Messier 02-23-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430528)
Thats great and all.

But I'm not real interested in finding a guy he can get to play ok so we can flip him for picks.

I want the guy he can get to play elite and win games.

And if Reid says, he's not in this draft?

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-23-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9430551)

Then all of CP will defer to his experience and knowledge. Really!
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 02-23-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

And if we pass and it turns out there is one?

Messier 02-23-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430581)
And if we pass and it turns out there is one?

It's a strike against Reid and Dorsey.

O.city 02-23-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9430586)
It's a strike against Reid and Dorsey.

Yeah and a pretty big one based on the qb guru talk

Messier 02-23-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430591)
Yeah and a pretty big one based on the qb guru talk

It would. I'm not expecting that however, but who knows.

O.city 02-23-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9430602)
It would. I'm not expecting that however, but who knows.

Them to miss or there not to be one?

TribalElder 02-23-2013 11:43 PM

I hope Reid doesn't overpay and let Philly get over on us for Foles

Messier 02-23-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430619)
Them to miss or there not to be one?

Them to miss.

O.city 02-23-2013 11:45 PM

I'm actually fairly confident they end up taking a guy at 1.

BossChief 02-23-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9430528)
Thats great and all.

But I'm not real interested in finding a guy he can get to play ok so we can flip him for picks.

I want the guy he can get to play elite and win games.

He acquired all of those guys (except Foles) while he still had McNabb...whom he passed on a trade that included an entire draft of the Saints, to take second overall.

***** said "don't be so locked in at quarterback" for a reason.

I think the ONLY way we don't draft Geno is if someone offers us a deal like RG3s trade to move down to a spot we can still get on of the top 3 guys...but add a couple first round picks in the process.

I for one, can't blame them. I wouldn't be pissed if we ended the first round with Barkley and a couple firsts and seconds.

Titty Meat 02-24-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430218)
Outside of Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid has produced the same number of franchise QBs that Scott ***** has - zero.

I am ABSOLUTELY an Andy Reid fan. But he's just not this mythical QB whisperer. He just isn't. He's never had a dumpster fire under center. But he's never turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

He's been SOLID for his entire career. But the only time he's been GREAT is when he took the QB #2 overall.

McNabb was his guy for a number of years the jury is still out on Foles and Vick was an MVP candidate under Reid. Garcia threw for 10 td's 2 picks and won the division when many thought he was washed up.

RunKC 02-24-2013 01:43 AM

2nd round pick for Foles??

This is all I have to say to that.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/35293426.jpg

WildTurkey 02-24-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 9430621)
I hope Reid doesn't overpay and let Philly get over on us for Foles

Not sure they could pull one over considering Reid knows more about Foles than anyone on the Eagles staff or front office

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9430786)
Not sure they could pull one over considering Reid knows more about Foles than anyone on the Eagles staff or front office

Well hypothetically if Reid left PHI with an intention on getting Foles from them, he might be willing to give up more than he should. That being said, in all of these questions people seem to either wonder what Reid will do or what Dorsey will do. I tend to believe them when they say it's a team decision, with Dorsey making final say.

BradBigglestein 02-24-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9430218)
Outside of Donovan McNabb, Andy Reid has produced the same number of franchise QBs that Scott ***** has - zero.

I am ABSOLUTELY an Andy Reid fan. But he's just not this mythical QB whisperer. He just isn't. He's never had a dumpster fire under center. But he's never turned chicken shit into chicken salad.

He's been SOLID for his entire career. But the only time he's been GREAT is when he took the QB #2 overall.

He isn't the QB guru people say he is when they go overboard. He did get more out of AJ Feeley than anyone else did. He did resurrect Jeff Garcia's career when it looked dead after Detroit and Cleveland. Donovan McNabb was clearly on the down trend, but when he left Andy Reid's tutelage, he totally fell into oblivion in DC and Minnesota. He also was responsible for Michael Vick having the best passing season of his career. I don't know if he will turn garbage into gold, but I don't know of many that do. I don't think any coach can with a terrible QB.

From a limited look at Nick Foles, here is my initial scouting report:

Pros:

-It seems hard to phase him. He doesn't seem to get rattled no matter how many times he gets hit. He shows poise and it pretty mature.

-Pretty accurate. Had some mistakes here and there, but you got a sense he had good touch on the ball and was good at putting it where only the receiver could get it.

-Smart. Started in a very bad situation and was able to handle the offense. Knows when to audible out of plays in key spots. Seems to grasp the flow of the game, and NFL defenses.

Cons:

-Can stare down receivers giving away his target. A lot of young QBs do this though.

-Had trouble planting his feet on deep passes, causing him to underthrow them at times. Lets the ball out a little early.

-Immobile

-Sometimes forced throws into coverage when he shouldn't have.

I don't think I saw enough of him to tell this board whether or not he's going to be a player. I'd be lying. I haven't seen enough yet. Did I look at Nick Foles this past season and think "Man, this guy is going to be special"? No. I also didn't look at him and say he's going to suck either. If I'm KC, I personally would not give up a 3rd for Foles, but if Andy Reid likes him that much, I guess he needs to go with his guy. We'll see how it all plays out.

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradBigglestein (Post 9430823)
He isn't the QB guru people say he is when they go overboard. He did get more out of AJ Feeley than anyone else did. He did resurrect Jeff Garcia's career when it looked dead after Detroit and Cleveland. Donovan McNabb was clearly on the down trend, but when he left Andy Reid's tutelage, he totally fell into oblivion in DC and Minnesota. He also was responsible for Michael Vick having the best passing season of his career. I don't know if he will turn garbage into gold, but I don't know of many that do. I don't think any coach can with a terrible QB.

From a limited look at Nick Foles, here is my initial scouting report:

Pros:

-It seems hard to phase him. He doesn't seem to get rattled no matter how many times he gets hit. He shows poise and it pretty mature.

-Pretty accurate. Had some mistakes here and there, but you got a sense he had good touch on the ball and was good at putting it where only the receiver could get it.

-Smart. Started in a very bad situation and was able to handle the offense. Knows when to audible out of plays in key spots. Seems to grasp the flow of the game, and NFL defenses.

Cons:

-Can stare down receivers giving away his target. A lot of young QBs do this though.

-Had trouble planting his feet on deep passes, causing him to underthrow them at times. Lets the ball out a little early.

-Immobile

-Sometimes forced throws into coverage when he shouldn't have.

I don't think I saw enough of him to tell this board whether or not he's going to be a player. I'd be lying. I haven't seen enough yet. Did I look at Nick Foles this past season and think "Man, this guy is going to be special"? No. I also didn't look at him and say he's going to suck either. If I'm KC, I personally would not give up a 3rd for Foles, but if Andy Reid likes him that much, I guess he needs to go with his guy. We'll see how it all plays out.

Good post. I have enjoyed your posts on Andy since you come off pretty level-headed. It's only one opinion but it's better than no perspective at all.

DTLB58 02-24-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9424692)
What a moronic statement by Mort. Why not write:

Joeckel is the worst pick the Chiefs could make at 1. It adds zero value to the team over signing Albert.

:clap:

BradBigglestein 02-24-2013 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9430827)
Good post. I have enjoyed your posts on Andy since you come off pretty level-headed. It's only one opinion but it's better than no perspective at all.

Thanks.

We really don't know what is going on in Philly yet either. Chip Kelly says he likes Nick Foles a lot to the media, but some people that cover the team believe it is a front for leverage in trade talks. So Eagles fans are in the dark as much as Chiefs fans about the whole Nick Foles situation.

If a trade goes down, I doubt it happens after the draft. So I think we'll have our answer in a couple months at the latest.

DTLB58 02-24-2013 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424951)
That's a cop out.

How is it a cop out?

If we trade for a QB and the kid works out and brings the Chiefs multiple SB wins who the F**k should care?

Len Dawson wasn't drafted by the Texans before he originally signed with them in the 60's and you don't hear anyone complaining about that. All they remember is he took the Chiefs to their only two SB appearances in franchise history.

Do we all want the Chiefs to draft and develop their own QB? Sure we do. I get it. But if we get someone else young and he IS successful, and by successful I mean SB wins. I don't really care.

RealSNR 02-24-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9430841)
How is it a cop out?

If we trade for a QB and the kid works out and brings the Chiefs multiple SB wins who the F**k should care?

Len Dawson wasn't drafted by the Texans before he originally signed with them in the 60's and you don't hear anyone complaining about that. All they remember is he took the Chiefs to their only two SB appearances in franchise history.

Do we all want the Chiefs to draft and develop their own QB? Sure we do. I get it. But if we get someone else young and he IS successful, and by successful I mean SB wins. I don't really care.

That shit doesn't ****ing happen. Hooray for Dawson and thank God the Chiefs got at least one Super Bowl under him, but that was in 1970. Football was a different game.

Brett Favre was the last true backup from another team to be "developed" as a starter by another team trading for him. That means teams that adopt that strategy- Houston with Schaub, Chiefs with Cassel, Cardinals with Kolb, etc. are going against history.

There's a reason why backup QBs are backup QBs. It does little good to expect even the best young ones to do shit.

So yes, it's a cop out. It's a waste of ****ing time. "I don't care where the Chiefs get a QB as long as they get one who wins" is ****ing stupid because you DO care if the Chiefs waste resources on another team's backup. It's a dumb trade 99.9% of the time. And if you don't care about that, then you're a blind homer.

keg in kc 02-24-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9430846)
That shit doesn't ****ing happen. Hooray for Dawson and thank God the Chiefs got at least one Super Bowl under him, but that was in 1970. Football was a different game.

Brett Favre was the last true backup from another team to be "developed" as a starter by another team trading for him. That means teams that adopt that strategy- Houston with Schaub, Chiefs with Cassel, Cardinals with Kolb, etc. are going against history.

There's a reason why backup QBs are backup QBs. It does little good to expect even the best young ones to do shit.

Hey, just because it hasn't happened, and was in fact a disaster, 8247235273523 times in a row doesn't mean it can't happen the 8247235273524th time!

DTLB58 02-24-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9425012)
Chip Kelly said he isn't trading Foles and that's that. He said he looks forward to seeing him on the practice squad.

Anything the Chiefs do to try to get him would be tampering.

USA Today reported 3 hours after your above quote from Chip that the two teams were discussing trade possibilities, behind close doors.

It's called negotiating. You never come right out with your best offer right off the bat or even offer the player right up.

And it's NOT tampering if the two teams officials are talking thru the proper channels as they are.

DTLB58 02-24-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9429345)
Stop assuming Geno will be great in the NFL. That is your first mistake. What if they pass on him and he goes to the Raiders and busts hard? If you think there isn't a valid reason why everyone on the planet is skeptical of Geno, then you are crazy.

Where a player goes and what type of scheme and coaches he has for that system are HUGE!
So when you say, if the Chiefs pass on him and he goes to the Raiders and is a bust, that means nothing in relation to what he could have been in KC with their coaches, scheme and weapons put in place to surround him there.

If Joe Montana would have never been placed with Bill Walsh???
Think about it.

DTLB58 02-24-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Then what? We freaking play with Cassel or Stanzi?
And this because people won't trade with Reid all because they think if he wants a QB he must be good so we shouldn't trade him to KC?
Well, that won't be the case with the Niners, they want rid of Smith, but I don't want him.
Philly, I gotta believe after they traded for Dixon and re-did Vicks contract that Foles is just not going to be the 'type' of QB Chip wants and once the NFL calendar turns the page Foles will magically be available. I say the deal for Foles to KC gets done. like it or not.

Tribal Warfare 02-24-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9430849)
USA Today reported 3 hours after your above quote from Chip that the two teams were discussing trade possibilities, behind close doors.

It's called negotiating. You never come right out with your best offer right off the bat or even offer the player right up.

And it's NOT tampering if the two teams officials are talking thru the proper channels as they are.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...foles/1940923/

ChiliConCarnage 02-24-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9424692)
Joeckel is the worst pick the Chiefs could make at 1. It adds zero value to the team over signing Albert.

It's not my favorite move but this is a skewed view. It assumes that Joekel and Albert are the same player and that you don't use the cap savings to improve the team at another position in FA.

That USA Today article says Cassel hasn't been offered a pay cut and is soon to be released. I think that makes sense for all parties involved. Fans want Cassel gone and he probably needs a fresh start somewhere else.

ILChief 02-24-2013 08:07 AM

If it happens it will probably be during the draft because we didnt take a QB at number one and none of our target QBs lasted until round two

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9430540)
You're forgetting Favre and Hasselbeck in Green Bay. He was brought to Green Bay the same year Brett was so I'd like to think he had at least a little to do with his early success

Hasselbeck blossomed in Seattle, under Holmgren.

I'd LOVE to think Reid has something to do with it, but reality says Holmgren was much more of a factor.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9430765)
McNabb was his guy for a number of years the jury is still out on Foles and Vick was an MVP candidate under Reid. Garcia threw for 10 td's 2 picks and won the division when many thought he was washed up.

Vick was a #1 pick.

If you take him out, look at those numbers.

It's pretty bad really.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9430841)
How is it a cop out?

Because that's totally based on hindsight.

Right NOW, before the fact, you can only hope that they do what gives them the highest probability of winning.

You can talk about Len Dawson and Tom Brady and Kurt Warner all you want. Hold your breath and wait for the undrafted miracle to happen in KC.

The surest way to get to a Super Bowl is to draft a QB in round 1. Period. That's FORETHOUGHT, not hindsight.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9430849)

USA Today also reported, in that same article, that the Eagles told the Chiefs that Foles wasn't available.

King_Chief_Fan 02-24-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9430864)
Then what? We freaking play with Cassel or Stanzi?
And this because people won't trade with Reid all because they think if he wants a QB he must be good so we shouldn't trade him to KC?
Well, that won't be the case with the Niners, they want rid of Smith, but I don't want him.
Philly, I gotta believe after they traded for Dixon and re-did Vicks contract that Foles is just not going to be the 'type' of QB Chip wants and once the NFL calendar turns the page Foles will magically be available. I say the deal for Foles to KC gets done. like it or not.

well, in the combine press conference Reid commented that Pioli brough in good QB talent, good enough to win with.:eek:

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9431225)
USA Today also reported, in that same article, that the Eagles told the Chiefs that Foles wasn't available.

Must be true then.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9431234)
Must be true then.

Did I say that?

He's the one the cited as a source, not me.

You can't selectively pick the parts you like and ignore the rest of the story.

Stop being such a gash.

CoMoChief 02-24-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9431231)
well, in the combine press conference Reid commented that ***** brough in good QB talent, good enough to win with.:eek:

Dude......Reid is NOT going to let the cat out of the ****ing bag and completely slam the QB's we have on this roster.

Regardless of how bad we all want him to come out and say "I've watched tape, these QB's are garbage and I can't win with any of them", he's just simpley not going to do that. In fact he will do the opposite, and then hopefully send them both packing.

Frankie 02-24-2013 12:29 PM

I don't think the Foles trade possibility is really over.

For the record, I kind of liked Foles where he was drafted. But I knew he needed a QB guru to develop. So I didn't want him for the Chiefs who were gonna waste the pick by never developing him. Now with a QB guru at the helm, my feeling is if Reid wants him bad enough, he must feel that his ceiling is high. So if Reid wants him bad enough, I hope a fair trade goes through.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-24-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9431952)
I don't think the Foles trade possibility is really over.

For the record, I kind of liked Foles where he was drafted. But I knew he needed a QB guru to develop. So I didn't want him for the Chiefs who were gonna waste the pick by never developing him. Now with a QB guru at the helm, my feeling is if Reid wants him bad enough, he must feel that his ceiling is high. So if Reid wants him bad enough, I hope a fair trade goes through.

I agree...eagles are just trying to get best value for him. They hold all the leverage.

BigRedChief 02-24-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9432005)
I agree...eagles are just trying to get best value for him. They hold all the leverage.

I'd be okay giving up the 3rd rounder for Foles and drafting Geno #1. Let them battle it out.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-24-2013 02:01 PM

Fools can rot on the bench behind Vick like a good boy.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-24-2013 02:20 PM

I now propose a CP prayer circle whereby we BEG the merciful Lord to deliver us from this horrible, horrible, garbages of a thread and concept. Who's in?
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 02-24-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9432357)
I now propose a CP prayer circle whereby we BEG the merciful Lord to deliver us from this horrible, horrible, garbages of a thread and concept. Who's in?
Posted via Mobile Device

I sense you are the only one who is TOTALLY in. I think most of the other Geno band-wagoners look at this as a workable alternative IF, to their chagrin, the Chiefs pass on the Geno. The reason is that even if Reid may not be the most complete HC his eye for a QB is unquestionable. If he sees a high ceiling in Foles then a lot of us who do think about all options instead of blindly obsessing on one are willing to defer to his judgement.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-24-2013 03:28 PM

"unquestionable"...lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie 02-24-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9432659)
"unquestionable"...lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Pretty much so far. Like everything else it can also change. But his resume is pretty strong in that department. I'd take his opinion on QBs over yours 100% of the time.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9432628)
I sense you are the only one who is TOTALLY in. I think most of the other Geno band-wagoners look at this as a workable alternative IF, to their chagrin, the Chiefs pass on the Geno. The reason is that even if Reid may not be the most complete HC his eye for a QB is unquestionable. If he sees a high ceiling in Foles then a lot of us who do think about all options instead of blindly obsessing on one are willing to defer to his judgement.

His eye for the QB is unquestionable?

ROFL

KurtCobain 02-24-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9432292)
I'd be okay giving up the 3rd rounder for Foles and drafting Geno #1. Let them battle it out.

And sign a vet.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9432789)
Pretty much so far. Like everything else it can also change. But his resume is pretty strong in that department. I'd take his opinion on QBs over yours 100% of the time.

Minus top 2 picks Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick, Reid's QBs have more INTs than TDs.

Titty Meat 02-25-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9432816)
Minus top 2 picks Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick, Reid's QBs have more INTs than TDs.

Cherry picking.

Smed1065 02-25-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9435682)
Cherry picking.

LMAO

WildTurkey 02-25-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Favre, Brunell, and Hasselbeck all were coached by Reid in Green Bay. If you include them, his record with qbs is pretty damn good. If you're just talking Philly than I'd tend to agree with you

Chris Meck 02-25-2013 07:49 AM

I don't think you can really just make McNabb an exception when he played 80% of Reid's tenure in Philly. That's kind of dumb. That'd be like saying Patriots QBs in the 21st century have been mediocre other than Tom Brady.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9435802)
I don't think you can really just make McNabb an exception when he played 80% of Reid's tenure in Philly. That's kind of dumb. That'd be like saying Patriots QBs in the 21st century have been mediocre other than Tom Brady.

McNabb was the #2 overall pick, so you absolutely CAN make him an exception.

The Tom Brady example is PERFECT.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9435696)
Favre, Brunell, and Hasselbeck all were coached by Reid in Green Bay. If you include them, his record with qbs is pretty damn good. If you're just talking Philly than I'd tend to agree with you

Hasselbeck blossomed in SEATTLE under Mike Holmgren, who just happened to be the coach in Green Bay at the time all 3 of those guys were there.

It's just as plausible that those 3 guys were Holmgren, not Reid.

htismaqe 02-25-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9435682)
Cherry picking.

Of course. Because the only OBJECTIVE measure of Reid's "guru status" doesn't give anyone a warm fuzzy.

Rausch 02-25-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Mostly due to McNabb being out every other year and Vick being a turnover machine last year...

htismaqe 02-25-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9435914)
Mostly due to McNabb being out every other year and Vick being a turnover machine last year...

Minus Vick. If you take OUT last year's "turnover machine", Reid's QBs have more INTs than TDs.

RealSNR 02-25-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

And included in that sample is Jeff Garcia, who had a LEGITIMATELY good season starting for the Eagles.

Goes to show that you can be a wizard, but when you're working with AJ Feeley, Kevin Kolb, and Nick Foles, the magic gets lost easily

htismaqe 02-25-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9435960)
And included in that sample is Jeff Garcia, who had a LEGITIMATELY good season starting for the Eagles.

Goes to show that you can be a wizard, but when you're working with AJ Feeley, Kevin Kolb, and Nick Foles, the magic gets lost easily

I've said it over and over, I think Andy Reid is a GREAT coach. I legitimately believe that.

But I don't believe he's got the Midas touch with QBs. He's been great with talented QBs, first round guys like McNabb and Vick. Without the high draft picks, he's been mediocre to poor.