ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Playstation 4 price and Xbox 720 is announced (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272150)

Nightfyre 10-31-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10144415)
Not to mention that the review build of XB1 BF4 was missing ambient occlusion, which Dice said will be in the final build.

That's really the only difference between the videos. Which should be expected given that it is a cross-platform game. It will always be written to the lowest specifications of the next gen console.

Quesadilla Joe 10-31-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10144644)
That's really the only difference between the videos. Which should be expected given that it is a cross-platform game. It will always be written to the lowest specifications of the next gen console.

Then why is COD Ghosts 1080p on PS4 and 720p on Xbone?

Gravedigger 10-31-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10144978)
Then why is COD Ghosts 1080p on PS4 and 720p on Xbone?

Resolution is figured by the Developers, not Microsoft. There are a few launch titles that are 1080p on the XB1, just not COD. There's problems for developers coming from the XB1 that aren't there with the PS4. These kinks will be worked out throughout the life of the system and everything will run smoothly. Just not at launch. If you play a game to admire the resolution of the game vs having fun with friends and the game immersion, then I think you're buying games for the wrong reason. It's disappointing that COD isn't quite up to par on XB1, but people at this point are just looking for the most minute detail to complain about to make one system seem superior to the other. It's the same game.

ToxSocks 10-31-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10143851)
I also don't give a shit about console wars but I think the Xbox One graphics look better in that Battlefield comparison. Looks crispier than the PS4.

I've always liked PS4s exclusives better though. If it weren't for my friends all playing Xbox I'd definitely own a Playstation.

Xbox just looks darker imo.

Graphical comparasins are silly right now though. The PS4 may have more potential, but what does it matter if the game developers don't use it.

This is just a guess, but i'm assuming that game developers are much more interested in a cost effective way to make a game suitable for both platforms, rather than investing more money into the PS4 version simply because it's capable of more.

Gravedigger 10-31-2013 05:47 PM

I'll be honest the only reason I'm going with Xbox first this generation is because my friend has been playing Xbox for years and I only get to play online with him and his friends on PC with Steam. Neither one of the system's exclusives are OMG gotta have it for me. I would buy Infamous Second Son before any other Exclusive on either console. I'm just going with CoD, Xbox One and a year of Xbox Live Gold at launch. Although, I hear that Gamestop is going to be doing a buy 2 get 1 free like Target is doing with PS4 games only with Xbox One games. I'll have to shell out another $60 if thats the case.

Until Uncharted 4 comes out for PS4, I'll be happy with the Xbox One for cross platform titles.

lcarus 10-31-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10145021)
I'll be honest the only reason I'm going with Xbox first this generation is because my friend has been playing Xbox for years and I only get to play online with him and his friends on PC with Steam. Neither one of the system's exclusives are OMG gotta have it for me. I would buy Infamous Second Son before any other Exclusive on either console. I'm just going with CoD, Xbox One and a year of Xbox Live Gold at launch. Although, I hear that Gamestop is going to be doing a buy 2 get 1 free like Target is doing with PS4 games only with Xbox One games. I'll have to shell out another $60 if thats the case.

Until Uncharted 4 comes out for PS4, I'll be happy with the Xbox One for cross platform titles.

Seems like a good enough reason to me. I mostly play online games with my cousin, and I've been trying to convince him to skip both new consoles for now and build a current PC. PS4 and Xbox One have already been around for years if you had a decent PC. I told him to buy a PS5 and build a computer lol. Plus there's so many more uses you can get out of a PC obviously.

Pants 10-31-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10143721)
No doubt. "Hey guys, playing games with you is so much fun that I'm going to never play games with you again. kthxbai!"

I will make my next gen purchase based on what you guys get.

Gravedigger 10-31-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10145028)
Seems like a good enough reason to me. I mostly play online games with my cousin, and I've been trying to convince him to skip both new consoles for now and build a current PC. PS4 and Xbox One have already been around for years if you had a decent PC. I told him to buy a PS5 and build a computer lol. Plus there's so many more uses you can get out of a PC obviously.

I looked at it. I built my PC four years ago and it's starting to show its age pretty bad. I looked at building a new one but the components I would want would make it easily over $1000 renovation using the same case, power supply, blu ray drive, fans, etc. Basically I would want a new MoBo, RAM upgrade, Video Card, SSD (kinda optional because I have my 2TB 7200 RPM Seagate), but with the items I was looking at on NewEgg it looked to be pretty expensive.

I could play Titanfall on PC, as well as CoD and Assassin's Creed Black Flag, but in the end it's nice to just turn on your TV, pick up a controller, say Xbox On, and just get going. Personally I will always be the person who owns both, just for the options of playing on my couch or sitting in a comfy leather office chair with better performance.

I personally don't think that this current console generation can last more than 5-6 years. Technology is just so incredibly advanced over the last 10 years that in half that time it'll be time for a refresher.

aturnis 10-31-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10144991)
Resolution is figured by the Developers, not Microsoft. There are a few launch titles that are 1080p on the XB1, just not COD. There's problems for developers coming from the XB1 that aren't there with the PS4. These kinks will be worked out throughout the life of the system and everything will run smoothly. Just not at launch. If you play a game to admire the resolution of the game vs having fun with friends and the game immersion, then I think you're buying games for the wrong reason. It's disappointing that COD isn't quite up to par on XB1, but people at this point are just looking for the most minute detail to complain about to make one system seem superior to the other. It's the same game.

There is actually "a guy" with inside info, who apparently has given good Intel before, who says the Xbone is only capable of 900p. Maybe they can up render(whatever, you know what I mean) to 1080p, but may not actually be 1080p. I guess we'll find out...

Ceej 11-01-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10145043)

You'll be waiting awhile.

007 11-01-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10145043)

Just buy a damn ps4 so I can actually get online with people I am familiar with. If everyone goes the xbone route I may just cancel my preorder and not get either one.

Quesadilla Joe 11-01-2013 08:47 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i0Rmyvi9wew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm 11-02-2013 04:17 AM

TitanFall 1 being exclusive to the XB1 on consoles is huge IMO....has swung me back to getting one at launch.

The series will eventually come to PS4 but you're looking at probably at least 2 years before that happens...can't wait that long.

Pants 11-02-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10146081)
Just buy a damn ps4 so I can actually get online with people I am familiar with. If everyone goes the xbone route I may just cancel my preorder and not get either one.

I think I probably will, man. I won't be buying one at launch, though. I need a few months to listen to the feedback from guys like you first. :D

Buck 11-02-2013 11:09 AM

Everyone is going to get a PS4. There is no excuse now. I don't want to hear about small hands.

New World Order 11-02-2013 01:24 PM

Xbone looks to be the better investment. It is a device you would use absolutely every day (assuming you have a cable box).

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10149118)
Xbone looks to be the better investment. It is a device you would use absolutely every day (assuming you have a cable box).

Quote:

PlayStation TV: Sony to bring internet TV service to the PS4

Sony and Viacom have a tentative deal in place where Sony will have access to all of Viacom’s hit television properties. This includes MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and VH1.

Sony will wield the channels as part of an internet television service the company is looking to begin. Sony’s currently unnamed service wouldn’t follow the Netflix strategy of offering television shows sometime after they air on cable, but instead would allow subscribers to watch live cable feeds. While that is groundbreaking enough to potentially disrupt the current cable service market, what’s even better news is Sony would bring this service to the PlayStation brand. So, rather than hooking your cable subscription into your Xbox One and having some kind of overlay, Sony’s service would allow you to subscribe to and access cable through your console, rather than being victim to expensive cable packages filled with channels you never watch.

Now, a cable service that only consists of Sony properties and Viacom channels wouldn’t be the most appealing. However, now that the Viacom news has slipped out, Sony has approached Time Warner and Disney about programming deals as well. A “hey guys, Viacom’s cool with it” pitch is much better than a “no one wants to be on our service, please join” pitch. Along with the PS4, Sony has plans to bring the service to the PS3 as well as its own televisions. Back on June 26, Sony trademarked the term “PlayStation TV,” so it does appear as though Sony will be pushing the service on its gaming products, if not directly tailoring the service to the consoles.
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...ice-to-the-ps4

Things like Netflix, MLBtv, Hulu Plus and all the other stuff they have won't be behind PS+ either. On Xbox you have to pay for Xbox Live to use similar features.

Mr. Plow 11-02-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10149171)
Things like Netflix, MLBtv, Hulu Plus and all the other stuff they have won't be behind PS+ either. On Xbox you have to pay for Xbox Live to use similar features.

I can't see that being an issue for 99% of people buying either one of these systems.

Mr. Plow 11-02-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10148837)
Everyone is going to get a PS4. There is no excuse now. I don't want to hear about small hands.

Yeah, you can get what is basically an Xbox controller for the PS4. Will definitely be one of the first things I buy to get rid of that PS4 controller.

New World Order 11-02-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10149171)
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...ice-to-the-ps4

I am talking about voice control. I have seen the UI on the one and it is slick as hell. Absolutely everything from raising/lowering volume, changing channels, turning on your tv/console, switching inputs etc.. can be done with your voice. It's just confusing as to why one would get a ps4 versus something so innovative.

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

With the PlayStation Camera or the included mono headset, you can “control key PS4 functions using [voice] commands such as starting up a game or taking a screenshot.” I’m sure Sony has mentioned this in the past, but the company has generally buried any talk of this feature. Microsoft, on the other hand, has been trumpeting the Xbox One Kinect’s support for voice commands from the highest rooftops for months now.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/1...ssive-ps4-faq/

New World Order 11-02-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10149267)

It's very limited and doesn't/won't have near the capabilities as the one.

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10149282)
It's very limited and doesn't/won't have near the capabilities as the one.

Link?

New World Order 11-02-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10149283)
Link?

That's the problem. It's an inferior piece of hardware. I can't find any links that show what the ps4 eye can do other than some voice commands for the ps4 ui. Something 360 kinect already does. The bad thing is it's an optional device which means there won't be many future updates for the thing.

Sony has the better exclusives but I have seen one's ui in action and it's a good enough reason to buy the console over the ps4.

Rausch 11-02-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10149231)
I am talking about voice control. I have seen the UI on the one and it is slick as hell. Absolutely everything from raising/lowering volume, changing channels, turning on your tv/console, switching inputs etc.. can be done with your voice. It's just confusing as to why one would get a ps4 versus something so innovative.

Probably because I don't want everything going all wonky once the wife comes home and starts off with a tirade...

Malcor 11-02-2013 04:21 PM

Gaming Media Defend Xbox One's Higher Price, Lower Resolution

007 11-02-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10149118)

Yeah, that is exactly what I don't want. I'll turn on my console when I am playing a game or watching a movie and thats it. I don't want my console to be my TV hub.

lewdog 11-02-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10149786)
Yeah, that is exactly what I don't want. I'll turn on my console when I am playing a game or watching a movie and thats it. I don't want my console to be my TV hub.

Aren't you the resident cheapskate who bags on people about their cable bills? And here you are wanting to drop some serious coin on something that plays some video games.

007 11-02-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10149902)
Aren't you the resident cheapskate who bags on people about their cable bills? And here you are wanting to drop some serious coin on something that plays some video games.

I choose how to spend my money thank you very much.

Oh, and if you were paying any attention at all, you would know that I am getting the ps4 virtually free because the money is all from gift cards I earned using e-rewards

Buck 11-02-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10149222)
Yeah, you can get what is basically an Xbox controller for the PS4. Will definitely be one of the first things I buy to get rid of that PS4 controller.

Really? Is it made by Sony?

lewdog 11-02-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10149917)
I choose how to spend my money thank you very much.

Oh, and if you were paying any attention at all, you would know that I am getting the ps4 virtually free because the money is all from gift cards I earned using e-rewards

I'm just giving you shit. I'm not just a cheapskate...but a jew cheapskate. We are teh worst kind!

I'll enjoy my DTV and Sunday ticket while you play your video games. LMAO

e-rewards? like cash back from credit card use?

Mr. Plow 11-02-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10149997)
Really? Is it made by Sony?

I don't think it's made by Sony - but it's virtually an Xbox controller for the PS4. Someone posted about it in one of these threads.

aturnis 11-02-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10150244)
I don't think it's made by Sony - but it's virtually an Xbox controller for the PS4. Someone posted about it in one of these threads.

Silly. Most who have some hands on reviews of the new Sony controller prefer it over anything Xbox has.

Quesadilla Joe 11-02-2013 09:23 PM

Yeah the PS4 controller has been getting rave reviews so far.

007 11-03-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10150030)
I'm just giving you shit. I'm not just a cheapskate...but a jew cheapskate. We are teh worst kind!

I'll enjoy my DTV and Sunday ticket while you play your video games. LMAO

e-rewards? like cash back from credit card use?

Basically you just fill out a bunch of surveys and they give you fake money redeemable for Gamestop gift cards.

New World Order 11-03-2013 09:55 AM

PS controller awful for FPS. I enjoy playing Uncharted but my god does it suck with that thing.

New World Order 11-03-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10150682)
Basically you just fill out a bunch of surveys and they give you fake money redeemable for Gamestop gift cards.

Wait, that actually works?

007 11-03-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10151165)
Wait, that actually works?

Well, I just replaced my PS3 and am buying a PS4 and didn't spend a dime of cash at all. Real enough for you?

:evil:

Buck 11-03-2013 10:18 AM

How many surveys did you have to fill out?

Is there a way to get involved in this?

Mother****erJones 11-03-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10150365)
Yeah the PS4 controller has been getting rave reviews so far.

Supposedly the greatest controller to date..we'll see. Can't wait

007 11-03-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10151200)
How many surveys did you have to fill out?

Is there a way to get involved in this?

You have to be invited to participate from a business. I got mine by being signed up at pizzahut.com and gamestop.com. Yes, I have two memberships. One for me and one for my wife.

Yes, it is a ton of surveys over a 4 year period but they only take 5 minutes or less with a few that go longer but they pay more for longer surveys.

If you are a Virgin Atlantic member here is an invite I found.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...s/erewards.jsp

007 11-03-2013 10:25 AM

Oh, and you can only claim one $25 Gamestop gift card per quarter. Sucks but if you can get two accounts you can build fast.

Deberg_1990 11-03-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10151197)
Well, I just replaced my PS3 and am buying a PS4 and didn't spend a dime of cash at all. Real enough for you?

:evil:

Isnt that a little steep for you?

Buck 11-03-2013 10:38 AM

Well I'm a Virgin Atlantic member now. Not quite sure if what rewards I receive apply only to Virgin Atlantic, but what the hell, might as well start getting money so I can fly somewhere in a few years for free.

aturnis 11-03-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10151163)
PS controller awful for FPS. I enjoy playing Uncharted but my god does it suck with that thing.

See post #193.

Rausch 11-03-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10151252)
Well I'm a Virgin Atlantic member now. Not quite sure if what rewards I receive apply only to Virgin Atlantic, but what the hell, might as well start getting money so I can fly somewhere in a few years for free.

I hear the Ukraine is beautiful this time of year...

Pants 11-03-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10151303)
See post #193.

That's a very subjective thing though, isn't it? There are many people who prefer the PS3 controller to the 360 one right now.

aturnis 11-03-2013 10:57 AM

and the crocodil plentiful.

Buck 11-03-2013 11:05 AM

I'm pretty sure Virgin Atlantic flies within the US lol

Easy 6 11-03-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10114877)
Amazon had killzone PS4 bundles available today. I couldn't help it. I impulsively ordered one. Just thought others might be interested in knowing.

Great game, i love Killzone.

aturnis 11-03-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10151312)
That's a very subjective thing though, isn't it? There are many people who prefer the PS3 controller to the 360 one right now.

Sure. And of those people, how many prefer the stick layout, which is unchanged? While subjective, I have yet to see a negative review or any short of glowing.

007 11-03-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10151365)
Sure. And of those people, how many prefer the stick layout, which is unchanged? While subjective, I have yet to see a negative review or any short of glowing.

I used to love the xbox controllers but I have gotten so used to PS3 controllers that I can't stand to use xbox controllers now.

007 11-03-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10151240)
Isnt that a little steep for you?

:LOL::LOL:

Mav 11-03-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10151399)
I used to love the xbox controllers but I have gotten so used to PS3 controllers that I can't stand to use xbox controllers now.

im the opposite. I was a PS2 guy completely.

Hated the Xbox controller when I first picked it up.

I was over at my sisters house about a week ago, and picked up the ps2 controller, and hated it.

im going to show up at best buy on the 22nd, I haven't pre ordered, and if there is a xbox, or ps4 there, ill grab which ever one I can get my hands on.

The games I am currently playing, madden, GTA, Cod, 2k, are all cross platform.

So I really don't care either way.

Pants 11-03-2013 11:46 AM

Whenever I go to my friends who have PS3s and try to play FIFA on that abortion of a controller, I just feel like ****ing throwing that controller through the TV. My hands feel awkward as hell, the buttons are too flat, the triggers feel like bumpers and worst of all, my thumbs feel like they're going to slip off the analog sticks. To me personally, that controller is complete ass.

The 360 controller just melts away in my hands. It's one of the most ergonomic things to have ever been created, IMO.

I haven't held either one of the new controllers so I can't honestly judge yet.

Buck 11-03-2013 11:48 AM

Weird, Xbox Players like the Xbox controller and PS3 Players like the PS3 controller.

okcchief 11-03-2013 12:03 PM

I prefer the xbox controller, but it's not that big of a deal.

I'm getting the xbox at launch because my wife and kids play the connect, and for what ever reason I have more friends buying xbox. If it were just me I'd get the PS4. I believe the games I play wont be that much of a difference anyway, and a couple years down the line I'll own both.

Mr. Plow 11-03-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10151504)
Weird, Xbox Players like the Xbox controller and PS3 Players like the PS3 controller.

I was a PS guy for years so I've used both types. I was not thrilled with the Xbox controllers at first but once I used it for a day or two I couldn't handle going back to the PS.

Who knows. The PS4 controller could be different. I have my doubts, but we'll see. Either way, it's nice to know I can get a 360ish controller for the PS4.

aturnis 11-03-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10151498)
Whenever I go to my friends who have PS3s and try to play FIFA on that abortion of a controller, I just feel like ****ing throwing that controller through the TV. My hands feel awkward as hell, the buttons are too flat, the triggers feel like bumpers and worst of all, my thumbs feel like they're going to slip off the analog sticks. To me personally, that controller is complete ass.

The 360 controller just melts away in my hands. It's one of the most ergonomic things to have ever been created, IMO.

Why are you talking about the PS3 controller when we are all talking about the PS4 controller?

Mr. Plow 11-03-2013 12:30 PM

Doesn't appear to me that there will be a huge difference in feel, but like I said, I could be wrong.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/20...troller004.jpg

Pants 11-03-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10151935)
Why are you talking about the PS3 controller when we are all talking about the PS4 controller?

Because you brought up how the stick layout remains unchanged? Also, it doesn't look like there were any major changes to either one of the controllers.

P.S. Dwayne Bowe is a ****ing tool.

aturnis 11-03-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10152037)
Doesn't appear to me that there will be a huge difference in feel, but like I said, I could be wrong.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/20...troller004.jpg

Do some research. It's substantially larger and more ergonomic, concave joysticks, better triggers. Reviews all tend to say it's better than the Xbox controller. If not better, as good as.

Bump 11-03-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10151498)

I imagine muscle memory has a lot to do with it.

aturnis 11-03-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10152621)
Because you brought up how the stick layout remains unchanged? Also, it doesn't look like there were any major changes to either one of the controllers.

P.S. Dwayne Bowe is a ****ing tool.

Yes, the familiarity if the stick layout remains unchanged. Most all gripes of the dualshock 3 have to do with its small size, or ergonomics, bad triggers and lack of concave joysticks. All of which have changed and your previous experienced with the dualshock 3 have little to nothing to do with the dualshock 4.

aturnis 11-03-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 10153134)
I imagine muscle memory has a lot to do with it.

No. It was that the dualshock 3 was very small and didn't fit in your hands. Also the lack of concave joysticks made it easy for your fingers to slip off, same goes for the triggers.

Mr. Plow 11-03-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10152630)
Do some research. It's substantially larger and more ergonomic, concave joysticks, better triggers. Reviews all tend to say it's better than the Xbox controller. If not better, as good as.

Researching people saying "Hey, this is an awesome controller" does nothing for me. I need to feel it in my hands. Like I said, I'll give it a try when I get my PS4, but it's nice to know I have some alternatives out there.

New World Order 11-03-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10151303)
See post #193.

Ive played it and the ps4 controller is better but not better than 360 controller.

New World Order 11-03-2013 03:15 PM

Your local Best Buy or Target should have a playable ps4. Go to experience playstation and they will show one within your area.

Kidd Lex 11-03-2013 04:44 PM

I've been an xbox guy, had both this gen, have both preordered for day1, but the more research I do, the more I'm leaning towards just ps4 this gen.

Aspengc8 11-03-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 10156128)
I've been an xbox guy, had both this gen, have both preordered for day1, but the more research I do, the more I'm leaning towards just ps4 this gen.

Funny, I was pretty much the opposite. Had a PS4 ordered but most of my buddies are looking forward to Titanfall so I changed to Xbone.

AndChiefs 11-03-2013 05:39 PM

I think I'll wait on both until after a price drop.

Kidd Lex 11-03-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10156327)
Funny, I was pretty much the opposite. Had a PS4 ordered but most of my buddies are looking forward to Titanfall so I changed to Xbone.

That's the rub, most of my friends are on xbox live, but I doubt they upgrade in masses for a while. I'll still have the 360, and can wait to see what happens to the early adopters. I HAVE to own a ps4 because mlb the show is that good.

Quesadilla Joe 11-03-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10156327)

Tell your buddies to get it on the 360 or PC. I don't know how you could choose the Xbone over the PS4, as soon as Naughty Dog announces their new game you will be kicking yourself.

Quesadilla Joe 11-03-2013 08:02 PM

PS4 vs Xbox One exclusives

http://i.imgur.com/KVX6jb4.jpg

(most of the PS4/PC exclusives are indie games)

Valiant 11-03-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10157109)
PS4 vs Xbox One exclusives

http://i.imgur.com/KVX6jb4.jpg

(most of the PS4/PC exclusives are indie games)

I think PS4 is going to win, but that list is useless. Most of those exclusive games are garbage.

Now mega hit exclusives. slight favor.

I do find interesting, I do not see much difference between 720 and 1080 on the cross platform. Which leads me to think, doesnt really matter. Probably will not matter for another two years.

ThaVirus 11-03-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10151504)

It's flabbergasting.

I was a PS guy up until PS2. I used to pick up friend's Xbox controllers and not understand how they could play with something so clunky. Now that I've owned an Xbox I can't see how I ever used a PS controller.

Pants 11-03-2013 09:29 PM

Games I want to play on XO:

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Quantum Break
Ryse
Titanfall

Games I want to play on PS4:

... It's all just a bunch of Japanese games. So probably none?

Once Naughty Dog starts pumping some of their titles out, then it's going to be a different story.

Bump 11-03-2013 09:35 PM

I've been uninspired by Xbox 360 games for the past 2 years at least. GTA V is awesome though. But I'm just not feeling consoles anymore I guess. It seems that every game is rushed and released just to make as much money as possible on sales and then continue to try and nickle and dime you to death. I know they need to make money, but the games just haven't been that good, at least not the ones I have played. Like Call of Duty for example, used to be so fun, now it's just a rehash and gets worse every year and then they want you to spend an additional $100+ on micro transactions. I had a PS4 pre-ordered but I decided to cancel. I think I'm just gonna stick to PC for now.

SuperChief 11-03-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 10157663)
Games I want to play on XO:

Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Quantum Break
Ryse
Titanfall

Games I want to play on PS4:

... It's all just a bunch of Japanese games. So probably none?

Once Naughty Dog starts pumping some of their titles out, then it's going to be a different story.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Those PS4 exclusives look like shit.

Anyong Bluth 11-03-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10151770)
I was a PS guy for years so I've used both types. I was not thrilled with the Xbox controllers at first but once I used it for a day or two I couldn't handle going back to the PS.

Who knows. The PS4 controller could be different. I have my doubts, but we'll see. Either way, it's nice to know I can get a 360ish controller for the PS4.

Same here, ps all the way for a very long time, and after getting a 360 I had to warm up to the controller, but it wasn't long before I definitely preferred the xbox controller. Have no clue about the new version of each and I just keep getting the feeling that these 2 new consoles are going to be sort of stopgap in a way and end up with a next generation replacement much faster than the current ones life cycle hung around for.

It's seemed like once news hit of a new version for either system became public, that both MS and Sony started rushing to get it out the door, and moved their own expected launch dates up simply to keep pace with one another for fear people who would only buy 1 system would go with 1st to market and lose out on that consumer for a number of years if they were locked in to the competition's console.