ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Colin Kaepernick gets over $100 million new deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284130)

OldSchool 06-04-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10671070)
Handing the ball off and not throwing much at all? LMAO

Pretty much. It's an awful lot of money to pay to a glorified running back.

thabear04 06-04-2014 08:32 PM

Time to knock the living shit out of a 61mill QB when the Chiefs play them.

Rausch 06-04-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 10671306)

****...this board will be unbearable that week...:shake:

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10671064)
Awesome work. it will be very interesting to see what Dalton snags. He's obviously a better passer than Kaep at this stage. If Kaep and Dalton swapped teams, would the results be the same for both teams?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kap is the worst pure pocket passer among Dalton, Wilson and Luck.

Kap came out of college very raw. He was encouraged to run. Still put up 10,000 passing yards to go with his 4,000 rushing yards.

Kaepernick has the least development with only 23 career starts to Luck & Wilson's 32, and Dalton's 48.

Luck and Wilson came out of pro-style college programs. They had better NFL preparation playing in college.

Dalton Luck and Wilson all have had at least 2 full training camps dedicated to developing them. Kaepernick has had only 1 full training camp in 2013. In 2012, Alex Smith still got the lions share of 1st team work. 2011 was the lockout year.

So both Luck and Wilson have had double the time dedicated to them working with the 1st team as Kaepernick.

So you look at Kaepernick and see a 4th year starter who who should be at least as developed as Andy Dalton, also a 4th year starter, and ahead of Luck and Wilson who are 3rd year starters.

I see Kaepernick as a QB who came out raw from a gimmick offense, lacking experience in pro-style play, who has only had 23 career starts, and only had 1 single training camp where he was working exclusively with the 1st team and the his position coaches were focusing solely on his development. Half the time that Luck and Wilson received so far.

Just the way I see it.

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 10671306)

Are you confusing the 2014 49ers offensive line with the 2014 Chief's offensive line? :p

Alex will be struggling to stand upright all game.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 09:35 PM

Kap...class act. GTFO of here.

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10670725)
I think he's got huge upside. He willed the 49'ers back in that SB. He made plays up and down the field and I think has he develops and gets more experience that offense will open up as well...

Kaepernick engineered the comeback against the Falcons in the 2012 NFC Champtionship game, giving the 49ers the NFL all time record for biggest comeback in the 48 year history of the NFC Championship.

Kaepernick won back to back road playoff games. Something never done by Montana or Young.

Kaepernick has more road playoff wins than Montana and Young combined.

I'm not comparing Colin to Hall of Famers, just giving examples of his quality play that glean his future potential.

Bowser 06-04-2014 09:44 PM

I don't hate the guy, but there is absolutely no way that guy is worth 61 million guaranteed.

I don't know if I can name five guys in the NFL worth 61 million guaranteed.

DTLB58 06-04-2014 09:44 PM

By Andrew Brandt of SI and MMQB.
Five thoughts on the Kaepernick extension.

1) I think the length of Kaepernick’s rookie contract was a key factor. While the NFL took a sledgehammer to the previous rookie compensation system in the new collective bargaining agreement, Kaepernick was one of the few golden ticket winners. Although the second-round earnings on his rookie deal ($5.1 million over four years) paled in comparison to first round riches, he was not saddled with a team option for a fifth year like first-rounders are—for example, the Panthers’ Cam Newton. That would have given the Niners two more years of contract control, and the lack of such leverage worked to Kaepernick’s benefit.

2) I think the 49ers could have played a heavy hand due to Kaepernick’s highly undervalued existing contract. While all the comparable quarterbacks who received extensions over the past year—Joe Flacco, Aaron Rodgers, Tony Romo, Matt Ryan and Jay Cutler—would have earned double-digit millions the next year absent an extension, Kaepernick would have made approximately $1 million in 2014. With an always-present injury risk, the team could have used his undersized 2014 salary as a hammer here. Based on the reported results, however, they did not.

3) I think Kaepernick showed some admirable loyalty to his agent. It was no secret around the NFL that many of the most powerful agents were circling, anxious to corral one of the top players in the game. With the barbarians at the gate, Kaepernick remained loyal to the agent who helped get him to where he is, Scott Smith of XAM Sports. Too many players leave agents for bigger agents or agencies when their careers advance to another level.

4) I think that, based on their structuring of other veteran contracts, the 49ers are tying significant earnings in the contract to per-game roster bonuses. This feature, which I used in Green Bay and is used by several clubs, allows the player to collect money every week as long as he suits up, while protecting the team if he does not. Using these clauses with Kaepernick, their most important player, would pave the way for their use in upcoming extension talks for players such as Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati and Aldon Smith.

5) I think that the reports of $110 million or $126 million are just meaningless numbers. As readers of this space know, NFL contracts are not like NBA and MLB contracts, where reported values are real. Even the guarantee is, well, not really all guaranteed. My sense is the reported $61 million guarantee—vaulting Kaepernick to the top of the list in NFL guaranteed money—will be “stair-stepped,” with annual triggers activating different amounts of guaranteed money at different stages of the contract (thus not a “true” guarantee).

Whatever the structure, the Kaepernick deal is striking. With the prospect of making a relatively miniscule amount this season and an uncertain future, he has cashed in to achieve long-term financial security. Somewhere Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are smiling.

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10670918)
I swear on my kids souls I'm not saying this just to slam, but its my opinion that this guy will be a perennial disappointment... flashy and talented enough to keep everyone on the edge of their seats, but he believes too much in his own prowess and probably doesn't study enough.

He's Michael Vick 2.01, not Young, in my honest opinion... give the Falcons era Vick this guys Sgt. Rock team and he could've gotten them deep into the playoffs just as easy, shitting the bed all along the way until people started stepping up around him and his pride started bothering him.

He's not a real student of the game and he relies too heavily on his athleticism, that's my honest opinion of the guy.

The beauty is we will find out.

You are wrong about him not being a student of the game. All his life he has had to take criticism that he can't master the mental nuances of leading a football team, because of his crazy athleticism and measurables. People seem not to be able to accept that a guy with his athleticism could also have the keen mind to master running a huddle.

I won't argue with you. Stay tuned, and watch what happens. If he doesn't break out this year with Boldin, Crabtree, and Stevie Johnson, then it will be next year. If I am not saying "I told you so this year", which I think I will be, then it will be next year.

But never mind my confidence. Lets watch 2014 unfold and just see what happens to the 49ers passing game this year.

I think you are going to be very surprised.

Ragged Robin 06-04-2014 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10671650)

He's so classy. He's the only QB I've seen throw an INT, then get trucked by the same guy, THEN get up and talk shit to guy's face on national television ROFL

L.A. Chieffan 06-04-2014 09:54 PM

Foolhardy, QBs aren't worth nearly that much

Pasta Little Brioni 06-04-2014 09:55 PM

Guarendamteed this douche pees on his roommate in the shower

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 10671650)

Yes, what a dirtbag Kap is to say crap like this. What an ingrate...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin Kaepernick

"I don't think I would be at this point so quickly if (Alex Smith) hadn't been such a great mentor to me and helped me along with things," Kaepernick said at a Wednesday news conference to announce the deal. "I'm very grateful for my teammates as well. I wouldn't be here without them."

The douchebag is constantly praising his teammates for everything that goes right and constantly taking responsibility for everything that goes wrong. What a low life...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBC Sports

San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick put the blame squarely on himself for the 49ers’ NFC Championship Game loss in Seattle.

“I didn’t play good enough to win. I turned the ball over three times. I cost us this game,” Kaepernick said.

Kaepernick is right that the three turnovers sealed the 49ers’ fate. San Francisco had three possessions in the fourth quarter, and those three possessions ended with a Kaepernick fumble and two Kaepernick interceptions.

But Kaepernick is wrong to blame himself for the loss as a whole. Kaepernick threw a great pass to Anquan Boldin for a 26-yard touchdown to give the 49ers a 17-10 lead in the third quarter. And Kaepernick was sensational running the ball, with 11 carries for 130 yards — the second-highest rushing total for a quarterback in NFL postseason history, second only to Kaepernick’s 181-yard game against the Packers last year.

So Kaepernick is being too hard on himself in his own assessment of the game. Which may be a good sign that Kaepernick is a young player who will look for ways to better himself this offseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-us-this-game/

He needs to learn to scream at his teammates on the bench like Tom Brady.

Chiefshrink 06-04-2014 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10670918)
I swear on my kids souls I'm not saying this just to slam, but its my opinion that this guy will be a perennial disappointment... flashy and talented enough to keep everyone on the edge of their seats,

Scotty my man, I'm with ya on this. My gut say's the organization will definitely not get their $$ worth on him. Colin could very well be the Alex Rodriguez of football in due time. Maybe not a 1/4 of a billion but you get my point. Yes he will flash at times but that will be about it. His lack of character has started to bleed through not as bad as Alden's but like 'Kaep' said just wait and see.:thumb:

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 10:12 PM

Not only is Kaepernick a class act, but he has a very good head on his shoulders. The big contract won't get to his head...

Quote:

“I don’t think my motivation is money driven,” he said. “I think it’s driven by the success I can have on the field … with my teammates.”

“The three most expensive things I own are my TVs, my bed and my couch,” he said. “I’m going to keep it that way for awhile.”
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/...c-4a5f3d087c96

He is not out there buying mansions for his entire High School graduating class.

Kaepernick 06-04-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 10671823)
Scotty my man, I'm with ya on this. My gut say's the organization will definitely not get their $$ worth on him. Colin could very well be the Alex Rodriguez of football in due time. Maybe not a 1/4 of a billion but you get my point. Yes he will flash at times but that will be about it. His lack of character has started to bleed through not as bad as Alden's but like 'Kaep' said just wait and see.:thumb:

Too funny. "Lack of character". You must only watch TMZ. :doh!:

In what way does Kaepernick "lack character"?

Too funny. LMAO

Chiefshrink 06-04-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10671838)
Too funny. "Lack of character". You must only watch TMZ. :doh!:

In what way does Kaepernick "lack character"?

Too funny. LMAO

Nothing personal man, but keep your 'knee pads on' because you will definitely need them these next 2-3yrs.;)

Jakemall 06-04-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10671714)
The beauty is we will find out.

You are wrong about him not being a student of the game. All his life he has had to take criticism that he can't master the mental nuances of leading a football team, because of his crazy athleticism and measurables. People seem not to be able to accept that a guy with his athleticism could also have the keen mind to master running a huddle.

I won't argue with you. Stay tuned, and watch what happens. If he doesn't break out this year with Boldin, Crabtree, and Stevie Johnson, then it will be next year. If I am not saying "I told you so this year", which I think I will be, then it will be next year.

But never mind my confidence. Lets watch 2014 unfold and just see what happens to the 49ers passing game this year.

I think you are going to be very surprised.

One of the best OLs in the NFL and arguably the best wr/te core in the NFL..and a running game to boot. If the passing game isn't amazing, I'll be disappointed.

Jakemall 06-04-2014 10:53 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tract-details/

Colin Kaepernick deal, trumpeted as being worth “up to” $126 million with $61 million guaranteed contains plenty of fluff, a league source with knowledge of the deal sent the details to PFT.

And there’s plenty of fluff.

Technically, the deal has $61 million guaranteed. But only $13.073 million is guaranteed at signing. It comes in the form of a $12.328 million signing bonus, a base salary of $645,000, and a workout bonus of $100,000.

For 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and part of 2018, the base salaries are guaranteed only for injury. On April 1 of each year, the guarantees convert from injury only to fully guaranteed. That gives the 49ers the ability to decide, in any given year, to move on from Kaepernick. And with the deadline for the conversion of the guarantee coming on April 1, the 49ers can squat on his rights until several weeks after the start of free agency, making it harder for him to get paid elsewhere.

The base salary for 2015 is $12.4 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2015.

For 2016, the base salary is $13.9 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2016.

For 2017, the base salary is $16.5 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2017.

For 2018, the base salary is $17 million, $5.2 million of which is guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2018.

The non-guaranteed base salary for 2019 is $18.8 million, and the non-guaranteed base salary for 2020 is $21 million.

Jakemall 06-04-2014 11:17 PM

Here's a breakdown that was done: http://ninercaphell.com/2014/06/05/e...ofootballtalk/

Salary
2014 3.7m
2015 17.2
2016 18.7
2017 21.3
2018 21.8
2019 21.2
2020 23.4

Signing bonus of 12 million applies to 2014 and is prorated 5 years. His base for 2014 is 645k.

ViperVisor 06-04-2014 11:19 PM

Kaepernick is a big bag of mystery

You can name QBs who took a bit of time to excell. Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger are 2.

You can name QBs who took a bit of time to be excrement. Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman are 2.

I don't see Kapernick as either. I'd bet on a Donovan McNabb type.

He actually has 29 starts in the NFL now. 23 + 6 playoff.

And in college he was asked to throw as well. He had 200 more throws in his college career than Andrew Luck.

He wasn't Michael Vick who played 2 years and threw 16 times a game.

And as a QB who was 26, in the NFL for 3 years, same HC, same OC, mostly the same teammates, 26 starts...

His 27th 28th 29th games played stink, stank, stunk as far as QBing goes.

He needs to worry about getting to Alex Smith level of competence before worrying about being great and living up to the contract.

Because most of being great QB is a foundation of game manager + a handful of great plays a game where you flat out beat a defense with your mind and or arm/legs.

ThaVirus 06-05-2014 12:15 AM

Colin Kaepernick gets over $100 million new deal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10671720)
He's so classy. He's the only QB I've seen throw an INT, then get trucked by the same guy, THEN get up and talk shit to guy's face on national television ROFL

Gif me, bro.

Kaepernick 06-05-2014 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakemall (Post 10671879)

Colin Kaepernick deal, trumpeted as being worth “up to” $126 million with $61 million guaranteed contains plenty of fluff, a league source with knowledge of the deal sent the details to PFT.

And there’s plenty of fluff.

Technically, the deal has $61 million guaranteed. But only $13.073 million is guaranteed at signing. It comes in the form of a $12.328 million signing bonus, a base salary of $645,000, and a workout bonus of $100,000.

For 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and part of 2018, the base salaries are guaranteed only for injury. On April 1 of each year, the guarantees convert from injury only to fully guaranteed. That gives the 49ers the ability to decide, in any given year, to move on from Kaepernick. And with the deadline for the conversion of the guarantee coming on April 1, the 49ers can squat on his rights until several weeks after the start of free agency, making it harder for him to get paid elsewhere.

The base salary for 2015 is $12.4 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2015.

For 2016, the base salary is $13.9 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2016.

For 2017, the base salary is $16.5 million, guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2017.

For 2018, the base salary is $17 million, $5.2 million of which is guaranteed for injury only until April 1, 2018.

The non-guaranteed base salary for 2019 is $18.8 million, and the non-guaranteed base salary for 2020 is $21 million.

Kaepernick is betting on himself to win the super bowl so as to not trigger the de-escalator. What more can you ask from a QB?

He wins it all this year, you are on the hook to pay him. If not, then he leaves millions on the table. If he wins it all next year, he has a lower base going forward, but you pay him going forward.

If he fails to win a super bowl or become an All Pro, he leaves multiple tens of millions on the table.

Kaepernick is betting on himself.

That is one very confident young man. I am betting with him.

OldSchool 06-05-2014 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaepernick (Post 10671919)
Kaepernick is betting on himself to win the super bowl so as to not trigger the de-escalator. What more can you ask from a QB?

He wins it all this year, you are on the hook to pay him. If not, then he leaves millions on the table. If he wins it all next year, he has a lower base going forward, but you pay him going forward.

If he fails to win a super bowl or become an All Pro, he leaves multiple tens of millions on the table.

Kaepernick is betting on himself.

That is one very confident young man. I am betting with him.

Kaepernick will never be an All-Pro QB, lol. He's far more likely to make it as a RB than as a QB. Too many guys who are actually good at playing QB out there.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-05-2014 04:54 AM

You are the 49ers knowmo. This turd needs flushed.

Eleazar 06-05-2014 06:31 AM

You need only look at his stats in the playoffs last year versus the regular season to figure him out. He can run around and chuck it up to Vernon Davis when playing the Rams or the Cardinals but come playoff time when good defenses come around that can contain him, he can't win as a passer.

For that matter, in his two regular season games against Seattle - the only real good defense he played in the regular season last year - he looked like garbage both times.

The 49ers have been talented enough on both sides of the ball to win games with Krapernick at QB over the past couple of years, but that won't always be true. This is the kind of contract that sinks a team.

OldSchool 06-05-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10671975)
You need only look at his stats in the playoffs last year versus the regular season to figure him out. He can run around and chuck it up to Vernon Davis when playing the Rams or the Cardinals but come playoff time when good defenses come around that can contain him, he can't win as a passer.

For that matter, in his two regular season games against Seattle - the only real good defense he played in the regular season last year - he looked like garbage both times.

The 49ers have been talented enough on both sides of the ball to win games with Krapernick at QB over the past couple of years, but that won't always be true. This is the kind of contract that sinks a team.

The 49ers aren't going to be able to beat the Seahawks with Kaepernick as their starting QB. He's just too limited in what he does and is all but guaranteed to make dumb mistakes that'll cost a team.

Rausch 06-05-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10671946)
Kaepernick will never be an All-Pro QB, lol. He's far more likely to make it as a RB than as a QB. Too many guys who are actually good at playing QB out there.

Did you even watch him play in the SB?...

OldSchool 06-05-2014 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672004)
Did you even watch him play in the SB?...

Yeah, he was the reason why they were behind by so much. Couldn't do a single thing on offense before the black-out happened. Without that blackout, that game is a blow out. And, he choked miserably again on the final play of the game when he overthrew Crabtree on yet another fade attempt, lol. The 49ers got back into the game was because of a turn over within the 30 yard line of the Raven's side of the field and also a kick return to the Ravens 20.

Kaepernick's "touch passes" are some of the most inconsistent that I've seen among starting QBs.

His final 3 passes of that game:

Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.

Great quarterbacking, lol.

Rausch 06-05-2014 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10672011)
Yeah, he was the reason why they were behind by so much. Couldn't do a single thing on offense before the black-out happened.

And apparently the defense couldn't stop $3it either.

I mean, since it was the defense that allowed all those pts...

O.city 06-05-2014 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10671975)

The rams and cardinals have great defenses

Jakemall 06-05-2014 07:48 AM

People still don't understand just how friendly this contract is.

Eleazar 06-05-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10672013)
The rams and cardinals have great defenses

St. Louis was near the bottom in most pass defense categories. Arizona is better, but it's deceiving because they are really only strong against the run.

ehasegolf15 06-05-2014 07:58 AM

Kaep got paid way too much... and NOW hopefully the Chiefs can say that "we aren't paying you the same as a 26 year old who has been to 2 consecutive NFC Championship games"

Dayze 06-05-2014 08:03 AM

the Smiff can say "Fine. have fun with Daniel and you developmental QBs"

Eleazar 06-05-2014 08:09 AM

If nothing else it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

How can you realistically say to Alex Smith and his agent that he doesn't deserve the kind of money that Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick got, when he's better than they are?

The only recourse is to say "Those contracts are stupid, and we're not going to use them as a measuring stick." But ultimately, it only takes one stupid team who will write a check like that to set the market.

QB salaries can't continue to spiral forever upward, there has to be a point where the market corrects itself.

I just hope that the correction happens with Alex Smith taking a fair deal instead of a market value deal, and not that the correction leaves us back in a Brodie Croyle/Tyler Thigpen/Damon Huard type era again.

Ragged Robin 06-05-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Yeah, he was the reason why they were behind by so much. Couldn't do a single thing on offense before the black-out happened. Without that blackout, that game is a blow out. And, he choked miserably again on the final play of the game when he overthrew Crabtree on yet another fade attempt, lol. The 49ers got back into the game was because of a turn over within the 30 yard line of the Raven's side of the field and also a kick return to the Ravens 20.

Kaepernick's "touch passes" are some of the most inconsistent that I've seen among starting QBs.

Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.

This. He essentially racked up garbage time stats and then choked away the win in the final three plays. Sound familiar? His last THREE drives in last seasons NFCC ended in him turning the ball over.

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10672089)

I just hope that the correction happens with Alex Smith taking a fair deal instead of a market value deal, and not that the correction leaves us back in a Brodie Croyle/Tyler Thigpen/Damon Huard type era again.

If there is a QB that won't fill his ego and greed by hoarding a team's cap, it will be Alex D Smith. Just give him a contract that ensures he is the starter for 2-3 years.. add some fluff incentives and years that would be hard to earn.

All of this talk and thousands of posts can be fun, but are worthless. Folks should just relax, let this play out, and not strengthen their prior grudges via their jaded speculation. Unless Smith completely turned into some arrogant and selfish jackass over night... he won't hurt the team and their chances of success.

Anyway, back to Kaep in the Kaep thread... I think it is great and intriguing that SF can boot him on a year to year basis without a steep and crippling pile of dead money.

Really says that SF will reward him well if he progresses.. but in case he doesn't? G-T-F-O

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10672133)
This. He essentially racked up garbage time stats and then choked away the win in the final three plays. Sound familiar? His last THREE drives in last seasons NFCC ended in him turning the ball over.

... and this is my fear of Kaep... NOT my expectation... but my fear...

Kaep sometimes makes plays that are really special... often those are from him just using his physical gifts. Problem is, these special plays can dazzle the fans and somehow mask the troubling issues he does have.

He could turn out to develop into greatness... but there's valid doubt that he will not... as many physically gifted players before him have over-relied on those gifts alone and never evolved into more. Seems the 49ers have now protected themselves in case Kaep is one of those players. :)

Rausch 06-05-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10672071)
the Smiff can say "Fine. have fun with Daniel and you developmental QBs"

And Dorsey can say "We'll be 7-9 with you and 3-13 without you."

Either way we don't make the post season...So ****s given = 0...

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672154)

Not sure how anyone can feel this way, but go for it.

Going through a 3 or less win season is painful. Each week, a loss hangs over and lessens everything. Makes every day a little less.. bright. Going through a 7 win season at least brings more smiles.. and at least makes most fans feel like their team isn't a complete joke.

Just like those that say they would rather not be in the playoffs if they are not going to win it all. Man, that shit is weak. :shake:

htismaqe 06-05-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10672159)

Going through a 3 or less win season is painful. Each week, a loss hangs over and lessens everything. Makes every day a little less.. bright. Going through a 7 win season at least brings more smiles.. and at least makes most fans feel like their team isn't a complete joke.

Just like those that say they would rather not be in the playoffs if they are not going to win it all. Man, that shit is weak. :shake:

You obviously have no idea what it's like to have been a Chiefs fan for 30 years...

Dayze 06-05-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672154)

I think Smiff has all the leverage. now, how much leverage he wants to apply, that's another story IMO.

O.city 06-05-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10672166)
You obviously have no idea what it's like to have been a Chiefs fan for 30 years...

It's post like that, that make some of us here at cp ****ing hate fans of other teams.

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10672166)

Oh yes... back to the beaten down fans whining about yesteryear. That's always manly and worthy of respect!

http://media.giphy.com/media/G4H0SoMBoqNOg/giphy.gif

Eleazar 06-05-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Going through a 3 or less win season is painful. Each week, a loss hangs over and lessens everything. Makes every day a little less.. bright.

Your choice to be a fan!

O.city 06-05-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10672178)
Oh yes... back to the beaten down fans whining about yesteryear. That's always manly and worthy of respect!

http://media.giphy.com/media/G4H0SoMBoqNOg/giphy.gif

It's because we've been thru that shit, time and time again. Then, we continually make th same mistakes that put us there, again, and again, we have dumbshit fans of other successful franchises come here and say

"Don't worry, it'll be different this time".

So it's not just that we are beaten down (we are and why wouldn't we be), or that we don't like you (we don't), it's that your shit is unoriginal and it's the same shit we've heard before.

Rausch 06-05-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

No, it's not the same.

This offseason we lost more than we gained. It's that simple. There's really no other way to look at it.

Even if all our draft picks pan out NONE of them address any glaring weakness our team had last year.

Unless you believe that players that weren't good enough to start last year at very weak areas are now suddenly better than the players that left.

And I don't.

I'd always prefer to be in the playoffs.

Winning is winning and losing is ****ing losing. Losing sucks and we lose in a new and more painful to watch way every season.

Other than drafting Fisher what has this team done to support our QB?

We didn't go out and try and sign playmakers. We didn't give him a TE worth a ****. We allowed his offensive line to run like roaches when you turn the lights on.

I don't want to be Mr. Negative and complain all the time. I think Reid is a good coach and I think he can rally players above their ability.

Problem is I don't think with two off-seasons this team is building anything...

Rausch 06-05-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10672187)
It's because we've been thru that shit, time and time again. Then, we continually make the same mistakes that put us there, again, and again...

http://replygif.net/i/459.gif

JohnV 06-05-2014 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10671176)
Yeah. Both QBs choke in big moments, Kaepernick just makes you wait a little longer for it while Dalton serves it up right away.

Yeah because having having 2 horrible plays that were obviously drawn up for crabtree fail, then having an unblocked blitzer come through on the final play so you throw it up hoping your #1 guy can make a play means you're a choker. After you already drove the whole field under pressure.

And coming up just short against the best secondary (possibly ever) when you yourself were over 90% of the entire offense that game means you're a choker. After you already drove the whole field against that secondary in the loudest stadium in the world means you're a choker lol.

keg in kc 06-05-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672189)
This offseason we lost more than we gained. It's that simple. There's really no other way to look at it.

I think at worst the moves were lateral, and I think there's a decent chance we'll come to discover that the roster's improved over last year, with the possible exception of Albert (who we all knew was gone this year as soon as Fisher was drafted...). It would not surprise me to find out during the season that both lines are better than in '13.

Maybe I'm a wide-eyed optimist (heh) all of a sudden, but I don't think it's a matter of losing more than they gained. More whether they gained enough to maintain last year's level of success. I don't think they did, but I don't think they're going to fall off a cliff, either.

JohnV 06-05-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10671176)
Yeah. Both QBs choke in big moments, Kaepernick just makes you wait a little longer for it while Dalton serves it up right away.

Big games? So the nfc championship against a defense that shutdown manning, in the loudest stadium in the world is a big game.

But the biggest comeback in nfc championship history in the Georgia dome where thd falcons were considered untouchable isn't a big game....gotcha.

Eleazar 06-05-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnV (Post 10672319)
Yeah because having having 2 horrible plays that were obviously drawn up for crabtree fail, then having an unblocked blitzer come through on the final play so you throw it up hoping your #1 guy can make a play means you're a choker. After you already drove the whole field under pressure.

And coming up just short against the best secondary (possibly ever) when you yourself were over 90% of the entire offense that game means you're a choker. After you already drove the whole field against that secondary in the loudest stadium in the world means you're a choker lol.

What did he do again? Didn't he turn the ball over on 3 of his last 4 possessions?

JohnV 06-05-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.

LOL this one kills me!

Name the teams that have lost a sb scoring 30 or more points. He had over 300 yds passing and over 60 yds rushing and 2 tds. That's one of the better performances in SB history. The 9ers were the first offense in sb history to have 2 100 yd receivers and a 100 yd running back. Kap also outscored flacco 29-27.

Did you care to actually watch those last plays? Or were you just reading a play by play? Those first 2 plays were horrible. The last one there was a guy coming through untouched. What do you expect him to do?

JohnV 06-05-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10672356)
What did he do again? Didn't he turn the ball over on 3 of his last 4 possessions?

He also put the game away with an incredible pass, then our defense blew it and gave up a horrible free play. It wasnt until then the turnovers started. If our defense was so great they woulda held the lead, but they blew it. Kap was on a time limit to make plays against an incredible secondary in the loudest stadium in the world. It didnt work but he came damn close. Didnt workout for manning either, even tho he was playing with the best offense ever in NY.

Eleazar 06-05-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnV (Post 10672371)
He also put the game away with an incredible pass, then our defense blew it and gave up a horrible free play. It wasnt until then the turnovers started. If our defense was so great they woulda held the lead, but they blew it. Kap was on a time limit to make plays against an incredible secondary in the loudest stadium in the world. It didnt work but he came damn close. Didnt workout for manning either, even tho he was playing with the best offense ever in NY.

Enjoy sitting through that $100 million contract you've just given to a poor-man's Michael Vick

Rausch 06-05-2014 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10672325)
Maybe I'm a wide-eyed optimist (heh) all of a sudden, but I don't think it's a matter of losing more than they gained. More whether they gained enough to maintain last year's level of success. I don't think they did, but I don't think they're going to fall off a cliff, either.

So we gained nothing other than a 6th round pick and lost 3 starters on the OL but you expect us to be the same or better?

JohnV 06-05-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10672379)
Enjoy sitting through that $100 million contract you've just given to a poor-man's Michael Vick

Im actually very excited. If you look it at the #s its very team friendly.

If you actually put what Kap did into context, it's incredible. He literally had one reliable receiver (very slow one at that) and a very good te for more than half the year to throw to. And he still finished the year top 10 in passer rating, top 10 in yds per attempt, top 10 in td/int ratio, and top 10 in qbr. If that's not a top 10 qb, then youre just a hater.

Im very excited to watch him develop further.

Eleazar 06-05-2014 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnV (Post 10672397)
Im actually very excited. If you look it at the #s its very team friendly.

If you actually put what Kap did into context, it's incredible. He literally had one reliable receiver (very slow one at that) and a very good te for more than half the year to throw to. And he still finished the year top 10 in passer rating, top 10 in yds per attempt, top 10 in td/int ratio, and top 10 in qbr. If that's not a top 10 qb, then youre just a hater.

Im very excited to watch him develop further.

chuck a jump ball to boldin, chuck a jump ball to vernon davis, chuck a jump ball to crabtree, wash rinse repeat

JohnV 06-05-2014 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10672406)
chuck a jump ball to boldin, chuck a jump ball to vernon davis, chuck a jump ball to crabtree, wash rinse repeat

Yup.

All while being rated a top 10 passer in every qb rating system.

notorious 06-05-2014 11:06 AM

I don't want to read about SF's Superbowl stats.

If the power doesn't conveniently go out Baltimore would have continued fisting SF into oblivion.

JohnV 06-05-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10672422)
I don't want to read about SF's Superbowl stats.

If the power doesn't conveniently go out Baltimore would have continued fisting SF into oblivion.

Proof?

We really didnt have a problem driving down the field on them all game. Our first drive was killed by illegal formation penalty. Our next 2 we got down the field but stalled in the redzone (an area Colin needs work in). The next drive ended on really his only bad throw, the int to reed. That resulted in no points for the Ravens. Then he drove the field again but Lamike James fumbled.

So in reality we drove the field fairly easily. Once we reached the endzone the floodgates opened.

ThaVirus 06-05-2014 11:17 AM

These ****ing 49ers trolls, dude. Why do we have to put up with this shit?

I previously had no hate for that franchise but now I'll enjoy watching little big bro in Seattle fist them for the foreseeable future.

MahiMike 06-05-2014 11:19 AM

The 49ers are looking desperate. They just paid a guy twice what we paid cassel for throwing a pedestrian 3100 yds! Alex Smith laughs at those paultry numbers. I hope Alex gets more than that punk.

JohnV 06-05-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10672440)
These ****ing 49ers trolls, dude. Why do we have to put up with this shit?

I previously had no hate for that franchise but now I'll enjoy watching little big bro in Seattle fist them for the foreseeable future.

Whens the last time seattle won in SF? You realise if the refs get the brees call right, we get homefield advantage and we win the nfc championship.

Rausch 06-05-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 10672443)
The 49ers are looking desperate. They just paid a guy twice what we paid cassel for throwing a pedestrian 3100 yds! Alex Smith laughs at those paultry numbers.

Alex Smith averages those poultry numbers...

JohnV 06-05-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672446)

Yup. And he attempted way more passes. Which means Kaepernick gains way more yds than smith per pass.

ViperVisor 06-05-2014 11:27 AM

He was 31st in completion % and slow Boldin saved him from being even worse with about 10 great catches last season.

QBR is a broken stat.

It says the NFC championship game was a 65.1

This Peyton Mannning game was 65.2
26/45
268 yards
2 TD
1 sack
0 INT
0 Fumbles

How in the hell is a QB who gets 270 yards over 11 possessions along with 2 TDs the same as a QB who gets 280 yards over 11 possessions along with 1 TD.
And the 270 yard QB didn't throw any INTs to the other team, didn't fumble away the ball to the other team once, almost twice.

AND THEY WERE 1ST DOWN INTERCEPTIONS!
QBR is supposed to hate those vs. ones that happen on 3rd and long or 4th down.

BigMeatballDave 06-05-2014 11:29 AM

This sounds like a very team-friendly deal.

Anyone listening to Sirius NFL today?

That 61m isn't really guaranteed.

BigMeatballDave 06-05-2014 11:30 AM

Jakemall 06-05-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10672456)

Yeah I posted this yesterday. No one wants to read it. They'd rather believe the 9ers overpaid and panic about what it means for Alex.

Kap signed a very team friendly deal. The guarantees are not what they seem. The 9ers can cut bait at any year and not have much dead money and Kap only gets a super paycheck if he continuously wins superbowls or makes the probowl.

JohnV 06-05-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 10672451)
He was 31st in completion % and slow Boldin saved him from being even worse with about 10 great catches last season.

QBR is a broken stat.

26/45
268 yards
2 TD
1 sack
0 INT
0 Fumbles

How in the hell is a QB who gets 270 yards over 11 possessions along with 2 TDs the same as a QB who gets 280 yards over 11 possessions along with 1 TD.
And the 270 yard QB didn't throw any INTs to the other team, didn't fumble away the ball to the other team once, almost twice.

When Crabtree came back and Kap had more than 1 wr he had over 60% completion percantage, and over 100 qb rating and 7-1 td int ratio.

And i'm glad you mentioned Peyton. Notice how his style of play got him nowhere against that defense despite the stats. Its because the dink and dunk to open bigger plays (afc style) doesnt work against the good nfc defenses. They tackle too well and swallow the receiver upon catching the ball. You need an x factor. You have to try to make big plays against them. Kao made some big ones and some bad ones, the thing is he wasnt scared anx took it to them and came very close to pulling it off in that stadium.

JohnV 06-05-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViperVisor (Post 10672451)

QBR is a broken stat.

26/45
268 yards
2 TD
1 sack
0 INT
0 Fumbles

And we're comparing a 1.5 year starter to Peyton Manning. He must be pretty good.

Just Passin' By 06-05-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672446)

http://milwaukeerising.net/wordpress...se-595x700.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 06-05-2014 11:42 AM

Wouldn't want this clown for league minimum

Dayze 06-05-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10672480)

LMAO LMAO

KCinNY 06-05-2014 01:22 PM

A bit surprised at all of the Kaepernick hate around here.

Playoff wins since the 1970 merger...

Kaepernick: 4
Kansas City Chiefs: 3

Just sayin'.

Tribal Warfare 06-05-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 10672686)
A bit surprised at all of the Kaepernick hate around here.

Playoff wins since the 1970 merger...

Kaepernick: 4
Kansas City Chiefs: 3

Just sayin'.

You shouldn't most of it is coming from Alex only fans, that are still butthurt from his departure from the 49ers.

Wildcat2005 06-05-2014 01:31 PM

I to don't understand the hate towards young potential franchise qb's around here

I have seen people crap on Kaep, Andy Dalton, Matt Ryan
For fans of a team that has not drafted a qb in the first or second in a long time, it is odd how picky people are about young qb's