ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto ***Official Car and Gearhead Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291377)

BigRedChief 03-18-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11391154)
ROFL

Reschedule that! Don't want dudes being high getting that ready!

You would have to be crazy to smoke some weed and then get behind the wheel of a car with that much power.:shake:

BigRedChief 03-18-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11391153)
Most cars aren't lowered for speed, it's for looks.

Nothing wrong with that. Same with the cat back exhaust. Just admit your doing it for looks or just because you like it. Don't say its for performance. It's your car. Make it your own however you want it.

No one on here is saying that. Just a pet peeve of mine as I read and learn.

lewdog 03-18-2015 07:46 PM

So about keeping that black paint looking good Marcellus .......

ROFL

Marcellus 03-18-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11391211)
So about keeping that black paint looking good Marcellus .......

ROFL

Oh I know, I know.

hometeam 03-18-2015 07:54 PM

I may have posted these randomly before. The 2 cars I miss the most.

Chad from Modified by KC tuning my subie on e85

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DtOr-zQ1H18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

my 505 WHP 10 second full weight T/A

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x3QGlNHSeAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

irocdave 03-18-2015 09:02 PM

I bought my wife a 2000 TA that looked almost like yours, wasn't a SLP car though. It had some weird Pontiac NHRA package on it, 3.42's, Hurst shifter for the 6 speed manual but 16" rims and no R/A hood.

My dad was a Chevy guy so I grew up listening to his glory day stories of the SS's he used to have and the fun he had with them. I'm a fan of all muscle cars and some of the Asian performance cars. I'm still a fan of some of the American stuff that came out in the late 80's and early 90's and love seeing them holding their own against todays best performance cars. Of course they have been modified, but the root for the under dog in me is strong.

Back in the day (90's) Supra's were the shit. This guy though had a legendary car from the 80's that every Supra owner was aware of.
youtube.com/watch?v=hsjx0LgtoDA

Yea, not the turbo, multi point fuel injected V6 Buick sent it out the door with in the mid 80's, but still bad ass.

One of the cars I really like is located in Norway. It's a third gen Trans Am. It was also the fastest car in Europe for a while.
autoblog.com/2008/12/22/europes-fastest-street-legal-car-is-a-252-mph-pontiac-trans

Great video of the car recently. Paul hired a German driver to try it top the previous best 252.xx MPH best. The German driver backed out after a test drive.
youtube.com/watch?v=gkNfo3vZHWg

hometeam 03-18-2015 09:14 PM

Supras you say?

Well i was looking for the vid of me getting down with a super nasty supra, but I found a vid of my car (previous owner) vs a corvette~

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/apMSsGagZzo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

also my WRX vs a heavily modded GTO (almost had em!)

<iframe width="640 height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o3giEuSQpRE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My WRX vs a 500+ WHP lightning. he likes to pretend he won~

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QNAb1-YPCiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wrx vs a sprayed I/E/heads GTO

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5wHptU7WI10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 03-18-2015 09:25 PM

my t/a again. Damn i miss that car ughhhh

<iframe width="640" height="550" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TOIWjL_HfMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 03-18-2015 09:35 PM

oooooh and before anyone beats me up for racing.. heres a classic.

First angles is one from MO HiPo SUV, and one from the cameraman in the lightning (me)

second angle is the aftermath LOL

they where mad~ I walked away. My buddy Travis got to go to jail :)

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4tIypIwR8pE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ToxSocks 03-18-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11391133)
Damn that sounds really lowered! I had my FIL measure and it's a bit under 6" I guess. Which doesn't seem lowered much but he said he had it done. We measured our sloped curve driveway and we think we'll clear by 1.5 inches.

Its not that it's slammed or anything, its just that the front of the car is so long in front of the tires and it has a front lip/valance on it.

Looks cool, but it makes me appreciate cars that are "just" cars.

irocdave 03-18-2015 10:08 PM

You bought your TA heavily modded?

Supras are known as dyno queens for a reason. Funny how the lighter, more powerful Supra always seemed to lose to lesser cars unless it was a roll from 100MPH.

My brother has an 05 GTO that's heavily modded. 406 aluminum stroker, LS3 ported heads, .600+ lift HD roller, carbon fiber one piece DS, to much stuff to list here. That thing is stupid fast and dead hooks on street tires on the street. Low 11's on street tires and he dam near daily drives it. Looks totally stock, doesn't sound anywhere near stock.

hometeam 03-18-2015 10:16 PM

Yea, the T/A was the first car I bought already done. Wont ever go back, lost no money on it, lost tons of money on everything else I have done.

And the Supra ate my lunch too lol. Something like 900 WHP, but it was closer than you would expect looking at WHP numbers. Got 2 races in, a dig and a 40 roll. T/A was a fully built 4l60e, full suspension, everything. Supra was nasty though.

Baby Lee 03-18-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamwallet (Post 11391063)

Heh, watched that and at midpoint said to self; 'looks like a low 11 run.'

ghak99 03-19-2015 12:22 AM

No time or extra cash for the projects so they just sit around. :sulk:

BigRedChief 03-19-2015 02:48 PM

Need some opinions on exhausts. Car will be a 6.4L 392 Hemi 485HP Scat Pack Shaker.

Probably going to put a new exhaust on my car. The you tube videos are helpful in determining sound but its inexact. Too much depends on the quality of the sound and video. Since I've not heard many in person, I'm suspecting you guys have. Or at least point me to sounds that are on you tube that more closely match what you hear in person.

what I'm going to be going for is that low rumble and as minimal drone inside the car as possible. No interested in just some kind of loud BS option like glass packs back in my teenage days just to be louder.

I'm willing to spend the money on a good cat back system if that's whats needed.

Perineum Ripper 03-19-2015 02:55 PM

I have always been a fan of Borla exhaust on cars with big V8s

ghak99 03-19-2015 02:57 PM

If you had your grandfather's original '31 coupe which was given to him by his father, what would you do with it?

I can't bring myself to rat rod it and can't see dumping a pile of cash into something I'd probably never drive.

KC native 03-19-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 11392756)
If you had your grandfather's original '31 coupe which was given to him by his father, what would you do with it?

I can't bring myself to rat rod it and can't see dumping a pile of cash into something I'd probably never drive.

Give it to me.

SAUTO 03-19-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Do we know each other? LMAO

I literally just left a guys house from looking at his 36 Chevy that was his moms and grandmas before that.

He's got a lt1 and auto od we are gonna drop in with a rack and pinion, ifs, and then do the rest like it looked in 36. Gonna be a cool rig when it's done.

MIAdragon 03-19-2015 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11391207)
Nothing wrong with that. Same with the cat back exhaust. Just admit your doing it for looks or just because you like it. Don't say its for performance. It's your car. Make it your own however you want it.

No one on here is saying that. Just a pet peeve of mine as I read and learn.

Actually it does increase handling quite a bit as well.

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11392739)
what I'm going to be going for is that low rumble and as minimal drone inside the car as possible.

Stay away from Flow Master Series 40's then. They're notorious for having a bad drone right around 2000 RPM, or right about where most cars are geared to cruise at.
I've got a pair on my Jeep and they're no different, must say though that the droning mellows out a bit once good and fully warmed up.

SAUTO 03-19-2015 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11392851)
Actually it does increase handling quite a bit as well.

Depends how it's done...

ghak99 03-19-2015 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11392786)
Do we know each other? LMAO

I literally just left a guys house from looking at his 36 Chevy that was his moms and grandmas before that.

He's got a lt1 and auto od we are gonna drop in with a rack and pinion, ifs, and then do the rest like it looked in 36. Gonna be a cool rig when it's done.

Who knows, we might. I used to mud race with my brother in law all over central Missouri back in the day. Tore the shit out of every class the pit at Cole Camp had back when the hillbillies still thought no one could make a truck walk on water. They made it pretty clear we were to never come back. LMAO

I think it needs to stay original, but damn, I'm not a big parade driving fan and car shows are boring as **** to me. I'd lose my last name if I sold it and everyone seems happy that it's just sitting in my building. I've got dad's '69 camaro and my 5.0 stang from college collecting dust right along with it. It takes a pile of ****ing cash and time to do them right and I can't seem to find either for any of them.

MIAdragon 03-19-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11392945)
Depends how it's done...

I'm assuming we are not cutting stock springs a la the Honda civic crowd.

SAUTO 03-19-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11393023)

ROFL

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11393023)

Heh yea. Just heat the springs with a torch until you get the amount of drop you're looking for. What could go wrong with that? ;)

SAUTO 03-19-2015 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11393111)
Heh yea. Just heat the springs with a torch until you get the amount of drop you're looking for. What could go wrong with that? ;)

It was a lot cheaper when I was young and dumb.

Radar Chief 03-19-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11393121)
It was a lot cheaper when I was young and dumb.

LMAO Truth.

TrebMaxx 03-19-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11392739)
Need some opinions on exhausts. Car will be a 6.4L 392 Hemi 485HP Scat Pack Shaker.

Probably going to put a new exhaust on my car. The you tube videos are helpful in determining sound but its inexact. Too much depends on the quality of the sound and video. Since I've not heard many in person, I'm suspecting you guys have. Or at least point me to sounds that are on you tube that more closely match what you hear in person.

what I'm going to be going for is that low rumble and as minimal drone inside the car as possible. No interested in just some kind of loud BS option like glass packs back in my teenage days just to be louder.

I'm willing to spend the money on a good cat back system if that's whats needed.

That is one car I would keep completely stock. JMHO

BigRedChief 03-19-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11391153)
Most cars aren't lowered for speed, it's for looks.

The SCAT Pack 6.4L 485HP are already damn fast.

People are getting <4.0 time in the 0-60 time and a low 12's 1/4 mile time out of the SCAT Pack. Here's one of the ones that I seen that they posted the results to prove it wasn't BS.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...2&d=1426808187

MIAdragon 03-19-2015 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11393390)
The SCAT Pack 6.4L 485HP are already damn fast.

People are getting <4.0 time in the 0-60 time and a low 12's 1/4 mile time out of the SCAT Pack. Here's one of the ones that I seen that they posted the results to prove it wasn't BS.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...2&d=1426808187

Really, a car on drag radials at the strip. That's like me saying V's are cutting 1.7 60's because on slicks on a sticky track I ran that time. I get you're just getting into the car scene but guys are going to eat you alive if you're not careful.

BigRedChief 03-19-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 11393249)
That is one car I would keep completely stock. JMHO

Yeah, I'm planning on a badge or two and depending on the sound considering a cat back system.

Besides that, I'm keeping it as it came from the factory. I ordered the car. I'm getting what I wanted already.

People are saying these first year SCAT Pack Shakers may be worth money some day because they are the same block as the Hellcat and they are not making many of them. Oh well, its a daily driver for me. I got that damn car to enjoy it, not as an investment. Life is just too damn short to have a car like that and not drive it? Sacrilege.:rolleyes:

BigRedChief 03-19-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11393413)
Really, a car on drag radials at the strip. That's like me saying V's are cutting 1.7 60's because on slicks on a sticky track I ran that time. I get you're just getting into the car scene but guys are going to eat you alive if you're not careful.

No idea the meaning behind your words. Why does drag radials mean a <4.0 0-60 time is BS. I've seen others posted with sub 4.0's.

As far as me being a n00b, I'm not pretending to be otherwise anywhere I visited so far. I don't know shit. It would be useless to pretend otherwise.

MIAdragon 03-19-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11393417)
Yeah, I'm planning on a badge or two and depending on the sound considering a cat back system.

Besides that, I'm keeping it as it came from the factory. I ordered the car. I'm getting what I wanted already.

People are saying these first year SCAT Pack Shakers may be worth money some day because they are the same block as the Hellcat and they are not making many of them. Oh well, its a daily driver for me. I got that damn car to enjoy it, not as an investment. Life is just too damn short to have a car like that and not drive it? Sacrilege.:rolleyes:

Just keep the stock parts If you ever decide to go back stock. As for value, with the amount of "specialty" cars being pushed out I can't see many cars really climbing in value all that much. Drive it, enjoy it be happy.

lewdog 03-19-2015 08:48 PM

Hey BRC, how long is your daily commute with this ride?

hometeam 03-19-2015 08:48 PM

Who keeps a car stock? I bought a daily hatchback to put my kid in the back. Day 1 had it debaged, tinted, window guards. Add free mods, drop in, springs, RCAs, stanced it and more.

If had that Dodge I would mod the shit out of it. Intake/exhaust/tune #1~

MIAdragon 03-19-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11393424)
No idea the meaning behind your words. Why does drag radials mean a <4.0 0-60 time is BS. I've seen others posted with sub 4.0's.

As far as me being a n00b, I'm not pretending to be otherwise anywhere I visited so far. I don't know shit. It would be useless to pretend otherwise.

All I'm saying is careful throwing around numbers, car guys can be ruthless and call bulllshit. Be careful about selling shit on the net as gospel it just makes you look bad if it turns out to be bs. That's it bud not trying to throw shade on you.

Marcellus 03-19-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 11392753)
I have always been a fan of Borla exhaust on cars with big V8s

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/g...pskqnslu8s.jpg

I will soon find out how much I like Borla mufflers. All stainless 3" through the XR1 mufflers to 2.5" tailpipes. (no tailpipes in the picture)

A little higher pitched than I am used to.. Will drive it tomorrow for the fist time.

BigRedChief 03-19-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11393417)

I forgot I'm also going to tint the windows and install an alarm.

Miles 03-19-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11393431)
Who keeps a car stock? I bought a daily hatchback to put my kid in the back. Day 1 had it debaged, tinted, window guards. Add free mods, drop in, springs, RCAs, stanced it and more.

If had that Dodge I would mod the shit out of it. Intake/exhaust/tune #1~

For whatever reason I prefer stock and have little interest in mods. Though can defiantly see the appeal of screwing around with stuff like that.

BigRedChief 03-19-2015 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11393434)
All I'm saying is careful throwing around numbers, car guys can be ruthless and call bulllshit. Be careful about selling shit on the net as gospel it just makes you look bad if it turns out to be bs. That's it bud not trying to throw shade on you.

You mean like this site?:)

But point taken. I have no idea or background to tell if numbers are inflated or real.

Marcellus 03-19-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11393470)
I forgot I'm also going to tint the windows and install an alarm.

Is there really a need for an alarm in this day and age? Doesn't the car have anti theft technology built in?

Its a push button ignition isn't it? RFID keyfob?

hometeam 03-19-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11393480)
Is there really a need for an alarm in this day and age? Doesn't the car have anti theft technology built in?

Right.

The car has a built in alarm, chipped key,(or proximity key) etc. Dont let some dude cut up your shit with some janky aftermarket alarm. He will have to blow the dust off of it in the back room thats how long its been since he last sold one.

Miles 03-19-2015 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11393492)
Right.

The car has a built in alarm, chipped key,(or proximity key) etc. Dont let some dude cut up your shit with some janky aftermarket alarm. He will have to blow the dust off of it in the back room thats how long its been since he last sold one.

One of my neighbors has one of those old school alarms that is, not surprisingly, a over sensitive. Have wondered if it would be legal to have it towed to an open field and torched.

MIAdragon 03-19-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11393522)
One of my neighbors has one of those old school alarms that is, not surprisingly, a over sensitive. Have wondered if it would be legal to have it towed to an open field and torched.

Office space style.

MIAdragon 03-19-2015 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11393457)
http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/g...pskqnslu8s.jpg

I will soon find out how much I like Borla mufflers. All stainless 3" through the XR1 mufflers to 2.5" tailpipes. (no tailpipes in the picture)

A little higher pitched than I am used to.. Will drive it tomorrow for the fist time.

Why would you choke a 3" system with 2.5 tails?? Love the XR1's running the race bullets in my turbo car.

BigRedChief 03-19-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11393480)

There are some dumbshit teenagers around me. They may think you can smash a window and hot wire the car.ROFL

The anti-theft stuff is not listed on the purchase order. Cool. I've not bought a car in 10 years. Standard stuff these days huh?

Miles 03-20-2015 01:38 AM

Just my preference but I wouldn't be quick to mod that Challenger. Particularly with a special car like that and power modes might just help you ruin tires faster and make it less manageable to have fun with. Maybe an exhaust but imagine it will sound badass right when you get it.

SAUTO 03-20-2015 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11393492)
Right.

this especially for sure.

BigRedChief 03-20-2015 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11393711)
this especially for sure.

What about paint sealant. How long do you wait before putting it on? I had a guy put it on 10 years ago when I bought my Mustang. Still looks good after 144K miles. Wish I could remember what it was? But anyway surely the tech has come a long ways in 10 years.

Do I buy it myself and put it on? Go professional? Do you guys do this?

SAUTO 03-20-2015 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11395299)
What about paint sealant. How long do you wait before putting it on? I had a guy put it on 10 years ago when I bought my Mustang. Still looks good after 144K miles. Wish I could remember what it was? But anyway surely the tech has come a long ways in 10 years.

I'm the worst guy to ask, I have a guy who does all this for me.

I occasionally spray it off anymore. Look in lew's thread, this has been discussed recently by people who know better than I do.

SAUTO 03-20-2015 05:12 PM

I'm just saying to not let some asshole alarm installer start chopping into your wires.

Marcellus 03-20-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 11393542)
Why would you choke a 3" system with 2.5 tails?? Love the XR1's running the race bullets in my turbo car.

The fit between the cross member and the floor pan was too tight for 3".

Once you get past the mufflers you "should" already have enough back pressure the smaller pipe shouldn't matter, meaning the mufflers will restrict as much as the 2.5" pipe.

That being said I am not yet sold on the XR1 sound. I drove it today for the first time and it sounds awesome at idle and low RPM but I shit you not it sounds like straight pipes when I get on it at all. I think its the straight through flow design it basically is straight pipes.

Marcellus 03-20-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11393545)
There are some dumbshit teenagers around me. They may think you can smash a window and hot wire the car.ROFL

The anti-theft stuff is not listed on the purchase order. Cool. I've not bought a car in 10 years. Standard stuff these days huh?

Yea don't waste your $. Without the Fob they wont be able to steal your car. And if they do insurance covers that. :D

IA_Chiefs_fan 03-20-2015 09:28 PM

I have a Challenger Hellcat coming on April 2nd. Can't freaking wait!

lewdog 03-20-2015 09:31 PM

So any problems on this BRC? Orders for Hellcat suspended?

Quote:

Sales of the 707-horsepower Dodge Challenger Hellcat have taken off a little too fast, apparently. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, which makes the retro-styled uber-musclecar, has temporarily stopped taking orders while it sorts out a backlog.
So far, Fiat Chrysler has over 9,000 orders for the performance car, company spokesman Dan Reid said. About 2,200 Challenger Hellcats are already on the road.
Dodge dealers also stopped taking orders for the Charger Hellcat, a four-door sedan with the same engine.
Fiat Chrysler had recently issued a very unusual statement warning consumers that some Dodge dealers were taking orders for Hellcats they might not be able to deliver. Each dealer is only allowed to sell a certain number of Hellcats. But some dealers were taking orders -- and even cash deposits -- for more than that.
The temporary stop on ordering will give Fiat Chrysler time to sort out the tangle of customer orders and dealer allotments. The automaker has not decided how to handle cases in which dealers have taken orders in excess of their allotment.
It is also unclear when ordering of the cars will resume, Reid said.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/18/auto...ers-suspended/

MIAdragon 03-20-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11395404)
The fit between the cross member and the floor pan was too tight for 3".

Once you get past the mufflers you "should" already have enough back pressure the smaller pipe shouldn't matter, meaning the mufflers will restrict as much as the 2.5" pipe.

That being said I am not yet sold on the XR1 sound. I drove it today for the first time and it sounds awesome at idle and low RPM but I shit you not it sounds like straight pipes when I get on it at all. I think its the straight through flow design it basically is straight pipes.

Ah, figured you were running the 3" XR1's. As for the volume as you break them in they will just get louder. You can run a resonator if its too much.

MIAdragon 03-20-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11395299)

There is a pretty decent detailer up in the tampa area I will get his info for you. Have him correct it then run something like cquartz finest.

Marcellus 03-21-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 11395649)
I have a Challenger Hellcat coming on April 2nd. Can't freaking wait!

Damn! I am jealous.

Reerun_KC 03-21-2015 07:35 AM

Gonna start rebuilding my 69 camaro after my daughters wedding in July

BigRedChief 03-21-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11395654)
So any problems on this BRC? Orders for Hellcat suspended?

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/18/auto...ers-suspended/

depends on who you ask. There are people with restricted on the build orders. That can't even get confirmation that their car will ever be built. Dodge cut off orders on the SCAT Pack Shaker last year after 4 days. But this is the car that will be a featured in the new Fast and Furious movie. Why would they miss that marketing opportunity to sell cars?

No one thinks there will be a lot of them built. But I have solid confirmation that mine will be built the week of 4/20.PBJ

Reerun_KC 03-21-2015 07:38 AM

Setting it up as a pro tour car with a turbo ls . can't wait to start. Been 13 years since she has seen the road .

Baby Lee 03-21-2015 07:51 AM

:bong::bong:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11395997)
depends on who you ask. There are people with restricted on the build orders. That can't even get confirmation that their car will ever be built. Dodge cut off orders on the SCAT Pack Shaker last year after 4 days. But this is the car that will be a featured in the new Fast and Furious movie. Why would they miss that marketing opportunity to sell cars?

No one thinks there will be a lot of them built. But I have solid confirmation that mine will be built the week of 4/20.PBJ

:bong::bong:

IA_Chiefs_fan 03-21-2015 08:32 AM

Just in case someone is interested, I'm selling my 79 Corvette since I'm getting the Hellcat. Over $25,000 invested. Selling for $16,900 if I don't have to sign a one year storage contract on April 2nd. 500 miles on new engine, steering, suspension, tires wheels, radiator, rebuilt trans and rear end, and much more.

Hydrae 03-21-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

I love hot rods as much as anyone but if that thing is mostly stock, you have to restore it. I will someday inherit the family 1924 Oakland that my grandfather pulled out of a barn in '59. He worked on restoring it (still has the original motor and some original interior material even) and my dad and I have been re-working it the last couple of years. Were all set to take it a show last year but had an oiling issue on a couple of cylinders that seized the motor so we are rebuilding yet again.

My siblings all know me and my love of hot rods and tried for a long time to convince my dad that he shouldn't pass it to me (the oldest) because they were sure I would turn it into a street rod. While it would look great that way and certainly be unusual, there is no way I would do that to a piece of automotive history like that. If it was a rusted hulk in a field, absolutely do what you want. If it is mostly stock, it should be preserved to pass along history.

ghak99 03-21-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 11396070)
I love hot rods as much as anyone but if that thing is mostly stock, you have to restore it. I will someday inherit the family 1924 Oakland that my grandfather pulled out of a barn in '59. He worked on restoring it (still has the original motor and some original interior material even) and my dad and I have been re-working it the last couple of years. Were all set to take it a show last year but had an oiling issue on a couple of cylinders that seized the motor so we are rebuilding yet again.

My siblings all know me and my love of hot rods and tried for a long time to convince my dad that he shouldn't pass it to me (the oldest) because they were sure I would turn it into a street rod. While it would look great that way and certainly be unusual, there is no way I would do that to a piece of automotive history like that. If it was a rusted hulk in a field, absolutely do what you want. If it is mostly stock, it should be preserved to pass along history.

It's all stock, but at some point someone robbed whatever was left of the interior out of it. It was parked in a storage building left over from when the family owned the telephone company and it just sit there for decades until the foundation popped and I needed to tear it down. Put a 5 gallon bucket on the plywood floor, popped it in neutral, and pulled it down the road a few blocks to its new dust collecting home a few years ago.

The motor will roll by hand, but I didn't go any farther than that. The metal is all there and decent but the top is just a flimsy shell as it had the panel top and supports. The guts of the trunk are rough but it looks like you can damn near buy every piece of these coupes.

lewdog 03-21-2015 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 11396036)
Just in case someone is interested, I'm selling my 79 Corvette since I'm getting the Hellcat. Over $25,000 invested. Selling for $16,900 if I don't have to sign a one year storage contract on April 2nd. 500 miles on new engine, steering, suspension, tires wheels, radiator, rebuilt trans and rear end, and much more.

Not that I will be buying but just wanted to see some pictures if you were wiling to post?

IA_Chiefs_fan 03-21-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11396184)
Not that I will be buying but just wanted to see some pictures if you were wiling to post?

There are a few here http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4932027052.html

rtmike 03-21-2015 01:42 PM

People were ordering the Hellcats from several different dealerships so hard telling how many were actually spoken for.

Marcellus 03-21-2015 07:31 PM

Took her on the road yesterday for the first time in 2.5 years. Went out again today for some shakedown.

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/g...psmjithbsu.mp4

BigRedChief 03-21-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 11396338)
People were ordering the Hellcats from several different dealerships so hard telling how many were actually spoken for.

they have made and sold 62K Hellcats according to Dodge.

The SCAT Pack Shaker is no longer for sale. It's off the website in USA and Canada. Every order that has been made since Wednesday has a greyed out restriction label on the Shaker package. Last year they cut off orders after 4 days. Looks like orders were taken for 5 days this year.

Miles 03-21-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11396922)
they have made and sold 62K Hellcats according to Dodge.

The SCAT Pack Shaker is no longer for sale. It's off the website in USA and Canada. Every order that has been made since Wednesday has a greyed out restriction label on the Shaker package. Last year they cut off orders after 4 days. Looks like orders were taken for 5 days this year.

Hopefully you are good since it sounds like you made your decision and ordered exactly what you wanted just in time before the cutoff.

I'm actually a little surprised the number of Hellcats was so high. More the number and not the demand which is not surprising.

IA_Chiefs_fan 03-21-2015 09:59 PM

They've made less than 3000 Challenger Hellcats thus far. And even less Charger Hellcat.

TrebMaxx 03-21-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 11396943)
They've made less than 3000 Challenger Hellcats thus far. And even less Charger Hellcat.

That is why I would not mod that beast. You will have a rare care that even if you drive as a dd it will still be valuable in the future. If you do mod it make sure to keep all the stock parts.

BigRedChief 03-21-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 11396943)

Sorry guys, the number was 6,200 sold or ordered. There will be duplicates from guys playing the allocation game. But, won't those duplicates be easily sold?

Miles 03-21-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 11396948)
That is why I would not mod that beast. You will have a rare care that even if you drive as a dd it will still be valuable in the future. If you do mod it make sure to keep all the stock parts.

Completely agree. I'm not big on modding cars but even less of a fan with rare one. Also the dealer is likely not to be a fan of any mods and use that to not do warranty work.

BigRedChief 03-21-2015 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11396937)
Hopefully you are good since it sounds like you made your decision and ordered exactly what you wanted just in time before the cutoff. .

I'm in D1 status with a scheduled build date of 4/20. Supposedly, according to the Dodge geeks on websites when you get to D1 status its a done deal that your car will get built.

Dodge is advertising the **** out of the Scat Pack Shaker with the Fast and Furious 7 movie tie in. Why are they doing that when they have taken the car off their websites and all sales with the "Shaker" are restricted and greyed out?

Miles 03-21-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11396976)
I'm in D1 status with a scheduled build date of 4/20.

Dodge is advertising the **** out of the Scat Pack Shaker with the Fast and Furious 7 movie tie in. Why are they doing that when they have taken the car off their websites and all sales with the "Shaker" are restricted and greyed out?

Guessing it's more with their brand image and selling regular Challengers. Usually these specialty cars are not a volume car for the domestic manufactures.

BigRedChief 03-21-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 11396983)
Guessing it's more with their brand image and selling regular Challengers. Usually these specialty cars are not a volume car for the domestic manufactures.

So guy comes into the dealership and says where is that car from the movie and TV ads.......well we don't have those but we do have these great Challengers that are almost the same.

Does that schtick work?

TrebMaxx 03-21-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11396987)
So guy comes into the dealership and says where is that car from the movie and TV ads.......well we don't have those but we do have these great Challengers that are almost the same.

Does that schtick work?

The old bait and switch! :hmmm: