ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306510)

Mr. Laz 03-10-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12778788)
"Always" it's been 4 years.

And Murray was on the active roster for most of his years here.
Posted via Mobile Device

4 years is the entire sample size we have to work with, isn't it? Andy Reid has never elected to have a young QB as his #2, while in KC.

I believe that Murray was our 3rd QB and a game day inactive his entire time with the Chiefs.

-King- 03-10-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12778796)
4 years is the entire sample size we have to work with, isn't it? Andy Reid has never elected to have a young QB as his #2, while in KC.

I believe that Murray was our 3rd QB and a game day inactive his entire time with the Chiefs.

3rd QBs even if inactive on game day are still on the active roster
Posted via Mobile Device

jd1020 03-10-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12778491)
Can you please post his "average play"?

Facts not Fiction remember? Post the facts of his " average play"

The guy thinks Cousins is average and Alex is great.

http://img2.thejournal.ie/inline/230...ersion=2303357

BIG K 03-10-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 12777285)
I wouldn't get too worked up for a QB in the 1st people
I think it's next year.
You are just gonna piss yourselves off and we will have another Geno Smith situation.
It's not fun.

It's always next year......I don't remember a time when the Chiefs interviewed six rookie QB's pre-draft since I started following in 1990, but I could be wrong.
No, I think they are gunning for AS replacement in 2018. Whether it all works is an entirely different story..

Trent Green GOAT 03-11-2017 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12778571)
He's averaged below 4 fumbles per season in KC and that's considering he's a dual threat QB. And not all of those were lost fumbles. Fact.

A dual "threat"....

CasselGotPeedOn 03-11-2017 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12778571)
He's averaged below 4 fumbles per season in KC and that's considering he's a dual threat QB. And not all of those were lost fumbles. Fact.

You should have been aborted. Fact.

kcchiefsus 03-11-2017 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 12778881)
It's always next year......I don't remember a time when the Chiefs interviewed six rookie QB's pre-draft since I started following in 1990, but I could be wrong.
No, I think they are gunning for AS replacement in 2018. Whether it all works is an entirely different story..

It won't work out

ct 03-11-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 12777445)
Trade with TN for the 18th pick, puts us ahead of Houston & Denver and take the best QB on the board. Let him sit for a season, sell a million jerseys, let him start in 2018, rule the world.

this

ptlyon 03-11-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 12778907)
You should have been aborted. Fact.

I think he was, but something went miserably wrong

SAUTO 03-11-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12778517)
There's a reason guys like Russell Wilson get long term contracts and others play on tags. Use your head, genius. Nothing in my previous comment is trolling.

Ok then answer my question. This post didn't.

What's his "average play"?

SAUTO 03-11-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12778552)
For comparison: Russell Wilson is in the top tier of QB's for doing this despite playing behind a terrible line and average receivers: http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats...russell-wilson

Meanwhile Cousins has weapons all over the field yet he's 50% more likely to throw a pick than RW is per throw. THAT is why Washington is hesitant to sign Cousins long term. And this is not even mentioning how he has fumbled the ball 10 times since becoming a full time starter.

Facts, not fiction.

this doesn't address his "average play" either.

Prove what you said.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 08:57 AM

To even think cousins is a good to great player based on two overrated seasons of play shows your ignorance. Weapons all over the field and he got what?? 8 wins?? Sounds like a young Matt Stafford to be ROFL

oldman 03-11-2017 09:00 AM

I'm still not sold on Watson.

SAUTO 03-11-2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12779006)
To even think cousins is a good to great player based on two overrated seasons of play shows your ignorance. Weapons all over the field and he got what?? 8 wins?? Sounds like a young Matt Stafford to be ROFL

I didn't say anything like that, quit making things up.

You said he would regress to HIS average play. I asked you what his average play was. Knowing you would either ignore it or change your tune.

Then you bring up fumbles...

Again what is his average play? Facts not fiction is what you're about, right? Post us up some facts.

Dunerdr 03-11-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Weapons all over the field? A similar arsenal to the one smith choked with.. great tight end play, Garcon and maclin are a wash, DeSean and tyreek are very similar. But didn't cousins rape smith statistically?

Reerun_KC 03-11-2017 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 12779009)
I'm still not sold on Watson.

Im still not sold on Alex Smith after 4 years...

Nor am sold on Andy Reid either...

milkman 03-11-2017 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12779034)
Im still not sold on Alex Smith after 4 years...

Nor am sold on Andy Reid either...

The reality is that we need a QB that can overcome Andy's flaws the same way that Rodgers did in Geen Bay with McCarthy.

I think that Dorsey is better overall at talent acquisition than Ted Thompson, who gets a lot a credit for pretty marginal talent surrounding Rodgers.

A QB who can overcome Andy's flaws would have a better shot at winning more than one SB, because he wouldn't have to do it alone.

Red Dawg 03-11-2017 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12779045)
The reality is that we need a QB that can overcome Andy's flaws the same way that Rodgers did in Geen Bay with McCarthy.

I think that Dorsey is better overall at talent acquisition than Ted Thompson, who gets a lot a credit for pretty marginal talent surrounding Rodgers.

A QB who can overcome Andy's flaws would have a better shot at winning more than one SB, because he wouldn't have to do it alone.

The media love Ted and talk about him like he's really great but to me has wasted an all world stud QB. There is a long list of loser QBs with one title and that's all Rogers has. Aaron is better than Brady but never has a defense backing him up like Brady does. Manning was better than Brady when he played in Indy but never had a defense backing him up as well. Only one season in the playoffs did they rise up to the occasion.

milkman 03-11-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12779059)
The media love Ted and talk about him like he's really great but to me has wasted an all world stud QB. There is a long list of loser QBs with one title and that's all Rogers has. Aaron is better than Brady but never has a defense backing him up like Brady does. Manning was better than Brady when he played in Indy but never had a defense backing him up as well. Only one season in the playoffs did they rise up to the occasion.

I don't think that the Patriots were consistently all that much more talented defensively than the Patriots.
They were just (a shit ton) better at game planning, scheme, and adjustment.

That's a big reason Tony Dungy was overrated, and has no business in the HoF.

Coochie liquor 03-11-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12778302)
Carson Palmer + draft a guy. I wanted Geno, but if they ****ing TRIED, I would have been more than patient.

If that plan blew up, try again in a different year.

The problem with Chiefs fans is that whenever a QB crisis occurs when they can absolutely no longer roll with the current veteran because he's washed up/suck too much, they act like they have to solve the problem NOW. INSTANTLY.

They don't think about QB development as a multi-year process. It's like Carl stepped down from GMing, but instead went into the business of mind control lasers, and he's got everybody thinking his way is the best.

Thus, you get all the, "Gee, I'd love to draft a QB, but there's no Andrew Luck available at 27th overall! Next year is a better class, maybe we'll get one then!" And it's also how you get, "I don't like what Alex Smith is doing, but what should the Chiefs have done, exactly?"

Uhh... how about plan ahead? But since they didn't do that, they should just be ****ing patient.

Omfg, this is awesome!!

Coochie liquor 03-11-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 12778311)
hence why i think the chiefs will draft, if given the chance, a qb this year rather than next year in the first or second. not that they wont draft one again next year, just not as high up. again, im not privy to college games, so i don't know what is the best option realistically. just going off the fact alex will be the starter next year and possibly 18. the problem you run into is he incrementally gets better and they extend alex before 18 is up. :D

he can't get much worse, 15 td's.... what's he gonna do next??

Sandy Vagina 03-11-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 12779022)
Weapons all over the field? A similar arsenal to the one smith choked with.. great tight end play, Garcon and maclin are a wash, DeSean and tyreek are very similar. But didn't cousins rape smith statistically?

See, this is why people get head up ass about stats.

Try and follow the distinction.

One QB played within the scheme, and did not have to put up lots of effort in yards, TDs, etc.

The other QB did.

KC had twice the rank in defense for points allowed.

You can argue all day long about "what if" Smith could carry a team that must score often and play big boy ball. That, I get.. and despite some quick score drives where it looks like he can, I wouldn't argue much about whether it's his forte... it has not been, overall.

That said, when people keep pointing to stats, TDs thrown, etc... it does nothing but point out ignorance or stupidity to the scheme being implemented... implemented by Andy Reid.

Again and again and again... Alex Smith is not a special, amazing QB. Even I am looking forward to a KC team w/o him (assuming in this case, he doesn't become more aggressive).

but the stats issue keeps making me SMH.. can he put up big stats like others? maybe, maybe not.. but I think it's silly to condemn him for not putting up big stats when it's just not the gameplan.

jd1020 03-11-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Washington also has a shit run game and a mediocre at best defense. Can you imagine how many wins that team would get dropping from the 2nd ranked passing offense to Alex's 26th ranked passing offense?

DESEAN JACKSON OPEN DEEP!!!!!

https://i.redd.it/m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

milkman 03-11-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12779099)
See, this is why people get head up ass about stats.

Try and follow the distinction.

One QB played within the scheme, and did not have to put up lots of effort in yards, TDs, etc.

The other QB did.

KC had twice the rank in defense for points allowed.

You can argue all day long about "what if" Smith could carry a team that must score often and play big boy ball. That, I get.. and despite some quick score drives where it looks like he can, I wouldn't argue much about whether it's his forte... it has not been, overall.

That said, when people keep pointing to stats, TDs thrown, etc... it does nothing but point out ignorance or stupidity to the scheme being implemented... implemented by Andy Reid.

Again and again and again... Alex Smith is not a special, amazing QB. Even I am looking forward to a KC team w/o him (assuming in this case, he doesn't become more aggressive).

but the stats issue keeps making me SMH.. can he put up big stats like others? maybe, maybe not.. but I think it's silly to condemn him for not putting up big stats when it's just not the gameplan.

I agree with the idea that numbers don't tell the story.
I always say, stats mean jack.

But this is bullshit.

How many times has Alex thrown short of the goal line in the red zone?
In goal to go situations?

15 TDs doesn't tell the story.
The missed opportunities do.

Sandy Vagina 03-11-2017 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12779136)

and I agree with this. Smith misses a good number of opportunities, and it's frustrating.

However... if we scrutinize the majority of games by most QBs every week, guess what? Yep. Lots of missed opportunities.

and still, I'd bet that Smith has more than his share... and that HAS to stop. I feel that this comes from both Andy and Dorsey --------> He's basically getting 1 more chance to find his balls in this evolved offense... or he will be tossed out.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12779104)
Washington also has a shit run game and a mediocre at best defense. Can you imagine how many wins that team would get dropping from the 2nd ranked passing offense to Alex's 26th ranked passing offense?

DESEAN JACKSON OPEN DEEP!!!!!

https://i.redd.it/m1nxd4dxd6ay.gif

This isn't a Smith topic.

Reported for trolling

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 12779022)

Ignorant comment of the day.

Nightfyre 03-11-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12779197)

Reported for trolling

Reported for being a douche.

Nickhead 03-11-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Reported for trolling

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/...4/28038574.jpg

SAUTO 03-11-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Reported for trolling

That's funny, I can't find that report anywhere...

Reerun_KC 03-11-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12779104)

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12779136)

Two great posts that tell the whole story of why.

Reerun_KC 03-11-2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12779206)

So basically its spam to derail threads?

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12779206)

Again, abusing your mod powers. First you censor. Then you dick with settings. Then you quote me incorrectly numerous times. And now you take away the report button that you and TimBone have encouraged we use to report trolling.

This is the definition of censorship.

Kyle must be so proud of you.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Reported for trolling

At last, we agree. Smith should not be mentioned in the same thread or breath as Mahomes or Watson.

Two of these things belong together,
one of these things is useless shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12779249)
This is the greatest Mod team in the history of this website.

Innit' though?

You should donate hookers and blow to SAUTO and Tim Bone; that would be a great use of your donation money. I bet you could make it rain( pennies ).

ptlyon 03-11-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Again, abusing your mod powers. First you censor. Then you dick with settings. Then you quote me incorrectly numerous times. And now you take away the report button that you and TimBone have encouraged we use to report trolling.

Anything that gets you to leave, I'm pro boner

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12779264)
Anything that gets you to leave, I'm pro boner

I hope he sticks around long enough to watch Alex screw the pooch this year as he continues his downhill slide into forgotten obscurity.

Bwana 03-11-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

:spock:

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12779268)
:spock:

You should tell your follow mod it's a bush league move to share private messages to the forum. Guess he missed the orientation session.

ptlyon 03-11-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12779265)
I hope he sticks around long enough to watch Alex screw the pooch this year as he continues his downhill slide into forgotten obscurity.

Oh shit. Didn't think of that.

Troll on Tigger.

Reerun_KC 03-11-2017 12:38 PM

It's about to get good. Accusations are here....

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 12779275)
It's about to get good. Accusations are here....

This one's an all-time classic
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304680

Reerun_KC 03-11-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12779277)

No way. This one is so much better....

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306385

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 12:47 PM

More proof that you are a stalker/douchebag/sociopath

Nice work. Your family must be so proud of you.

Reerun_KC 03-11-2017 12:54 PM

ROFL

Bwana 03-11-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12779271)
You should tell your follow mod it's a bush league move to share private messages to the forum. Guess he missed the orientation session.

I don't know anything about that, or what happened.

What I do know is I have saved your ass several times in the past going back to the Bob Dole days when guys wanted to flush you like a post coffee morning turd.

I even helped you out with your rep at one point to see if that would chill you out. Since then you have been getting progressively worse and seem to go out of your way to troll just to be a dickweed.

You seem to have a, "it's not me, it's everyone else attitude." The other day you reported several posts in a row with a little temper tantrum, which is why you can no longer report posts. Oh and don't give me the old "but they said to report posts" story, you knew exactly what you were doing.

My advise to you would be to walk it back a couple of steps, or the Romper Room is going to be your new home. I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 03-11-2017 01:00 PM

10 posts/day isn't scaling it back?
Having Sauto follow me around and troll my posts is the responsibility of a mod?
Being booted from a thread when others were saying my posts were valid to the conversation?

It's just absurd he would play the innocent mod position then slip up and reveal to the forum that he was dicking with people's settings because he wanted to brag that it was him who did it.

We're talking about a guy who is advising people to not taking antibiotics 'cause it'll make you stronger'. FFS. Is this real life?

New World Order 03-11-2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12779298)
Having Sauto follow me around and troll my posts is the responsibility of a mod?
Being booted from a thread when others were saying more posts were valid to the conversation?

It's just absurd he would play the innocent mod position then slip up and reveal to the forum that he was dicking with people's settings because he wanted to brag that it was him who did it.

We're talking about a guy who is advising people to not taking antibiotics 'cause it'll make you stronger'. FFS. Is this real life?

Absolutely.

Thank God for Sauto!

Nickhead 03-11-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Being booted from a thread when others were saying my posts were valid to the conversation?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...15c0c9dac9.jpg

you like to beat on dead horses don't you :D

Chiefshrink 03-11-2017 01:59 PM

thick skin needs to be developed in a serious way. :rolleyes:

SAUTO 03-11-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

I didn't take away your report button. :D I was just commenting that I couldn't find the post reported anywhere.

And I never lied about turning your rep on and putting you back in the green multiple times too.(for Some reason you keep leaving that part out, but you didn't mind too much because you left it on as long as it was green)

I don't know how I mis-quote you when I quote your post with your words either.

Seems like you have it out for me or something...

SAUTO 03-11-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

You keep saying this but it's no where near what I actually said.

I said I personally don't take them and I feel it had made my immune system stronger. And that's the truth.

Trolls gonna troll though.

Reerun_KC 03-11-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12779344)

I said I personally don't take them and I feel it had made my immune system stronger. And that's the truth.

Battered wife syndrome

Chief Roundup 03-11-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 12779294)
My advise to you would be to walk it back a couple of steps, or the Romper Room is going to be your new home.

Oh please, Oh please, Oh please

-King- 03-11-2017 03:14 PM

People supposedly hate tigeruppercuts and his opinions but will go back and forth with him in every thread he posts in.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-11-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

My advise to you would be to walk it back a couple of steps, or the Romper Room is going to be your new home. I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

I've never sent a man whiskey via USPS, but there's a first time for everything.

Cheers.
:)

Sandy Vagina 03-11-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 12779395)
People supposedly hate tigeruppercuts and his opinions but will go back and forth with him in every thread he posts in.
Posted via Mobile Device

They are just trying to push his buttons in hopes of him hootie-ing his way out of CP.

The Franchise 03-11-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 12779649)
They are just trying to push his buttons in hopes of him hootie-ing his way out of CP.

Yeah....he's not trolling....at all. :rolleyes:

-King- 03-11-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12779651)
Yeah....he's not trolling....at all. :rolleyes:

Ok, so why respond to him?
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave Lane 03-12-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trent Green GOAT (Post 12778889)
A dual "threat"....

What a ridculous thought.

He's not even a single threat.

Dave Lane 03-12-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12779344)

Why would someone just "take" antibiotics? I never take any unless I have a serious infection.

Dave Lane 03-12-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

What I do know is I have saved your ass several times in the past going back to the Bob Dole days when guys wanted to flush you like a post coffee morning turd.

I even helped you out with your rep at one point to see if that would chill you out. Since then you have been getting progressively worse and seem to go out of your way to troll just to be a dickweed.

You seem to have a, "it's not me, it's everyone else attitude." The other day you reported several posts in a row with a little temper tantrum, which is why you can no longer report posts. Oh and don't give me the old "but they said to report posts" story, you knew exactly what you were doing.

I found this post to be crystal clear. Sadly it's 100% true. While I hate banning people there is a point on the curve where the additional posting and controversy that can be a fun thing crosses over into a massive distraction.

So tigger the ball is in your court. Real it in or set your new address to romper room.

Eleazar 03-12-2017 11:44 AM

Quote:

^ What a good mod looks like. :clap:

Sandy Vagina 03-12-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12780091)
^ What a good mod looks like. :clap:

Yep. Truth.

TLO 03-12-2017 12:14 PM

Looks like this thread got a little off track.

Tribal Warfare 03-12-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smokey (Post 12780108)
Looks like this thread got a little off track.

Alexuals, and their self entitled bitching

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-12-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 12780146)
Alexuals, and their self entitled bitching

Yes. Incredibly accurate and well put.

The Franchise 03-12-2017 01:44 PM

I'd like to know more about Tiggeruppecut and his whining about rep.

Nickhead 03-12-2017 02:39 PM

so, in tally, tigger has destined two legitimate threads to the romper room due to his trollypop adventures? :D

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-12-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12780180)
I'd like to know more about Tiggeruppecut and his whining about rep.

Indeed.

Sounds as if Tigger is ready for CP Sock Party.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-16-2017 11:58 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mahomes?src=hash">#Mahomes</a> is RISING! <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes5">@PatrickMahomes5</a> 13 teams have asked for private campus workouts. Pro Scouting Day not til 3/31.<a href="https://twitter.com/TexasTechFB">@TexasTechFB</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TexasTech">@TexasTech</a></p>&mdash; Leigh Steinberg (@leighsteinberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/leighsteinberg/status/842423551172857856">March 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

raybec 4 03-16-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12785795)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mahomes?src=hash">#Mahomes</a> is RISING! <a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes5">@PatrickMahomes5</a> 13 teams have asked for private campus workouts. Pro Scouting Day not til 3/31.<a href="https://twitter.com/TexasTechFB">@TexasTechFB</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/TexasTech">@TexasTech</a></p>&mdash; Leigh Steinberg (@leighsteinberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/leighsteinberg/status/842423551172857856">March 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Get outta here with posts about football! You're derailing the thread!

Reerun_KC 03-16-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Reported as thread derailing...

Just trying to beat the Alexuals to the punch...

loochy 03-16-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

<iframe title="Twitter Tweet" data-tweet-id="842423551172857856" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 208.8px; padding: 0px; border: medium none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe> <script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this is bad news

<iframe title="Twitter analytics iframe" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" allowfullscreen="true" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

RunKC 03-16-2017 02:32 PM

Watson is getting some grief about his pro day and I love it. Let that man fall to our range and get him.

He would ball out in this offense

pugsnotdrugs19 03-16-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12786033)
Watson is getting some grief about his pro day and I love it. Let that man fall to our range and get him.

He would ball out in this offense

I'm extremely torn on him after the 49 MPH throwing speed at the combine. I want to know what was up with that.

But otherwise, I do agree that he could be great here.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-16-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12785881)
Get outta here with posts about football! You're derailing the thread!

:D

rico 03-16-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12786041)
I'm extremely torn on him after the 49 MPH throwing speed at the combine. I want to know what was up with that.

But otherwise, I do agree that he could be great here.

I am torn as well... and he throws a somewhat wobbly ball... I'm in the Kizer-Mahomes-Webb group. I'm indifferent about Trubisky...I don't know what to make of him...I mean, I think he's good...just can't tell how good.

I don't like some of these projected late round sleepers this year.

RippedmyFlesh 03-16-2017 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12786049)
I am torn as well... and he throws a somewhat wobbly ball... I'm in the Kizer-Mahomes-Webb group. I'm indifferent about Trubisky...I don't know what to make of him...I mean, I think he's good...just can't tell how good.

I don't like some of these projected late round sleepers this year.

I'm no expert just watched a lot of acc football and I would love him here.
Can he throw the ball 60 yards down field like favre or mcnabb? No but what he does do is put nice touch on 30-40 yard passes. They are catchable throws that he lets his wrs make plays on. Believe it or not that cost him some ints.
He wont excel on the throws across the field but he'd hit hill running free 30 yards downfield all day long.

Sorry my bad though you were talking Watson.

jd1020 03-16-2017 03:45 PM

I don't know shit about any of these guys but I would be weary of a guy labeled as shaky throwing a slow ball in a faster sport.

Out of curiosity I googled Drew Brees' ball velocity because he came to mind as the weakest armed badass. Sports science measures him at 52 mph with a typical range for NFL QBs being 50-60 mph with guys like Favre and Elway in the 60+ range.