ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink -- Let's talk about counting calories & routine (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314659)

KS Smitty 03-30-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13496883)
its not hard to eat 2000 calories if you eat crappy food, or drink soda or beer

one pint of beer is 300 calories ...

a six pack of good IPA (12 oz bottles) is like 1500 calories

if you cook pasta yourself or even rice, or high fat items like sausage / bacon...thats also heavy calories

Those are my favorite calories. I also use real butter, cream and whole milk. I like the dairy fat, I don't like how round I'm getting. Butter is not going anywhere, maybe changing to lower fat milk *shudder*...

Pablo 03-31-2018 10:07 AM

If you're trying to cut some calories but still enjoy drinking soda, I'd recommend giving Coke Zero a go. Even if you might have tried it in the past and it wasn't your favorite thing. New formula and ads and all that good shit, but it actually tastes good. No it's not the real thing, but it's pretty close and leaps and bounds better than plain ol' Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.

seamonster 03-31-2018 10:57 AM

I take inspiration from anorexic women. If I'm getting fat, I just stop eating food. Usually after two days I've lost 5 - 7 pounds. Follow that up the next week and after a month you can get back to your fighting weight. I stay in shape by running \ mild lifting during the summer. Winter time is a ****ing show though.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2018 11:11 AM

Get this man to Arbys!

KCrockaholic 03-31-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

its not hard to eat 2000 calories if you eat crappy food, or drink soda or beer

if you cook pasta yourself or even rice, or high fat items like sausage / bacon...thats also heavy calories

You're exaggerating the beer calories a little bit. A lite beer is roughly 103 calories. But good beer like an IPA you mentioned is much closer to 200 than 300 cals.

A few examples:

60 minute IPA: 209 cals
Lagunitas IPA: 180 cals
Sierra Nevada: 200 cals

Now imperial stouts are in the 300 calories range. Typically the higher the ABV, the higher the calorie total for beer.

Simply Red 03-31-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13497198)
If you're trying to cut some calories but still enjoy drinking soda, I'd recommend giving Coke Zero a go. Even if you might have tried it in the past and it wasn't your favorite thing. New formula and ads and all that good shit, but it actually tastes good. No it's not the real thing, but it's pretty close and leaps and bounds better than plain ol' Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi.

It's very sweet you should suggest it. I like the effort and certainly appreciate it. Very unselfish and effortful for you to come forth with that valuable tidbit. But I 'personally' prefer Diet Dr. Pepper. Again no disrespect intended - just my first choice. Thank you again for your contribution. Very delightful having your input here! :)

Simply Red 03-31-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13497260)
Get this man to Arbys!

**** YOU!

Simply Red 03-31-2018 02:39 PM

I have lost 3 lbs since Monday - we'll call one of them water weight - but I've weight 4 different times since bedtime last night and I'm down to 224 for whatever that's worth.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-31-2018 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13497396)
It's very sweet you should suggest it. I like the effort and certainly appreciate it. Very unselfish and effortful for you to come forth with that valuable tidbit. But I 'personally' prefer Diet Dr. Pepper. Again no disrespect intended - just my first choice. Thank you again for your contribution. Very delightful having your input here! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13497397)
**** YOU!

ROFL Bi polar much !

And I mean both posts at the same time!!! ROFL

Simply Red 03-31-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13497493)
ROFL Bi polar much !

And I mean both posts at the same time!!! ROFL

That's exactly why I did that. I'm a mastermind.

Pablo 03-31-2018 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13497396)

That's my number two. Dr. Pepper 10 is a good choice too. You seem very nice!

Simply Red 03-31-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 13497511)
That's my number two. Dr. Pepper 10 is a good choice too. You seem very nice!

Yes that is good! Thanks you do too!

Frosty 03-31-2018 10:11 PM

Regular Diet Pepsi > Coke Zero>Walmart Diet Cola>>>>Diet Dr Pepper>diarrhea>Diet Coke>>>Diet Pepsi with Splenda>Non-diet pop of any kind

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13497397)
**** YOU!

Curly Fries or cheese sticks?

Simply Red 03-31-2018 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13498167)
Curly Fries or cheese sticks?

I did well today. Thank you.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498173)
I did well today. Thank you.

:clap: Excellent. I ate like a fat ****.

Simply Red 03-31-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13498176)

Going to moms tomorrow - she's having Prime Rib and scalloped potatoes, green beans - I'm making sauteed chicken in olive oil w/ crushed red pepper and brocolli :( - sad isn't it? oh well - paying my dues.

BigRedChief 03-31-2018 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13498176)

amatuer :harumph:

Pasta Little Brioni 03-31-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498198)
Going to moms tomorrow - she's having Prime Rib and scalloped potatoes, green beans - I'm making sauteed chicken in olive oil w/ crushed red pepper and brocolli :( - sad isn't it? oh well - paying my dues.

A bite won't hurt

Willie Lanier 03-31-2018 11:01 PM

Just casually browsing this thread; it seems a lot of you guys just need to find a certified nutrition expert...

There's a lot of misinformation going on here...

But yeah hope for the best and prepare for the worst, keep grinding guys

Hammock Parties 03-31-2018 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willie Lanier (Post 13498205)
Just casually browsing this thread; it seems a lot of you guys just need to find a certified nutrition expert...

**** that. Just cut calories and exercise more.

It's not rocket science. JFC.

Simply Red 03-31-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

I know what works for me - that's what my focus is on. I'll chose wisely with whom I pluck addition tips from. For example - I do NOT need Arby's.

Delano 04-01-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Nutritionists are for people with other health issues. If you're young and healthy it's pretty basic.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2018 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13498209)
**** that. Just cut calories and exercise more.

It's not rocket science. JFC.

:clap: Exactly and splurging is fine in moderation. There's no joy in having an Ethiopian diet.

Simply Red 04-01-2018 12:49 PM

I'm very strict right now - looking for results ASAP. Getting small ones already.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2018 12:51 PM

Firmer boners and clean breaks

Simply Red 04-01-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13498659)
Firmer boners and clean breaks

yeah the breaks will be nice, they're coming along nicely - or should I say 'leaving' nicely...?

HemiEd 04-01-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13494640)
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again

just saw this thread. Good one. I have been on the life changing calorie counting regimen for almost a year and a half now.

Less than 150 carbs, less than 50 fat, 25 or more fiber and 100 or more protein.

Almost every morning for that time, Multi grain lite 100 english muffin with one slice of turkey bacon and an egg. 266 calories with a small pat of butter.
26 carbs, 15 fat, 14 protein, 8 fiber

Lunch, almost every day, 4 ounces of lean turkey breast, 1 tbsp lite miracle whip, 2 slices of Natures own whole grain whole wheat bread. 1 oikos triple zero yogurt
335 calories, 41 carbs, 4 fat, 41 protein, 10 fiber.

Believe it or not, I still enjoy both of those meals every day and don't get tired of them after several hundred times in a row! If I am going somewhere, I pack my lunch.

Then for supper, I varies between chicken breast, salmon, steak, pork rotated and cooked in varying ways. Boiled shrimp are almost free.

I eat black beans more days than I don't along with extra long grain brown rice and tons of veggies.

No potatoes, enriched pasta or dairy. I do eat whole wheat, whole grain pasta.

I keep track of it all on Sparkpeople.com. Almost anything you can buy already has all the nutrition entered.

Hope it helps, it has worked for me so far after nothing else did at my age. Alcohol kills the whole deal though, I am a witness to that.

HemiEd 04-01-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13497335)
You're exaggerating the beer calories a little bit. A lite beer is roughly 103 calories. But good beer like an IPA you mentioned is much closer to 200 than 300 cals.

A few examples:

Now imperial stouts are in the 300 calories range. Typically the higher the ABV, the higher the calorie total for beer.

Yep, Boulevard Wheat is 138 calories IIrc so I don't buy it much anymore. Miller Lite is less than 100 but it is almost not worth it.

Simply Red 04-01-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13498673)
just saw this thread. Good one. I have been on the life changing calorie counting regimen for almost a year and a half now.

Less than 150 carbs, less than 50 fat, 25 or more fiber and 100 or more protein.

Almost every morning for that time, Multi grain lite 100 english muffin with one slice of turkey bacon and an egg. 266 calories with a small pat of butter.

Lunch, almost every day, 4 ounces of lean turkey breast, 1 tbsp lite miracle whip, 2 slices of Natures own whole grain whole wheat bread. 1 oikos triple zero yogurt

Believe it or not, I still enjoy both of those meals every day and don't get tired of them after several hundred times in a row! If I am going somewhere, I pack my lunch.

Then for supper, I varies between chicken breast, salmon, steak, pork rotated and cooked in varying ways. Boiled shrimp are almost free.

I eat black beans more days than I don't along with extra long grain brown rice and tons of veggies.

I keep track of it all on Sparkpeople.com. Almost anything you can buy already has all the nutrition entered.

Hope it helps, it has worked for me so far after nothing else did at my age. Alcohol kills the whole deal though, I am a witness to that.

Welcome - take a seat over there - listen to everyone except for PGM. :clap:

BigRedChief 04-01-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 13498673)

well done. Congrats!

Ming the Merciless 04-01-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 13497335)

A few examples:

no , actually i am not. the amounts you listed are for a 12 oz bottle. notice I said pint, which is 16-20 oz. it makes a difference. A full 16 oz pint of IPA is way more than 209...even some 12 oz IPA's are...

a 6 pack of good IPA in 12 oz bottles can easily be around 1500 calories

Quote:

Im not talking about lite beer ...I'm talking about beers I drink....which tend to be around 250 calories for a 12 oz and around 300 a pint

even if a pint of Little Sumpin' was like 275 , I would rather be conservative and figure a little more....etc

Simply Red 04-01-2018 03:01 PM

Beer will trash any diet, sorry to say.

AssEaterChief 04-01-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498767)

So sad and true

Ming the Merciless 04-01-2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498767)

yeah...unfortunate but true

even if i over-estimate the number of calories, like 300 per pint and i drink two pints of beer that were only like 265 per pint...i never seem to lose any weight the next day, i seem to gain a pound by drinking 2 beers, and still hitting my cut number..... which makes zero sense to me....

I know it must be all in my head but I feel beer is the very worst calories for me personally.

I have had better luck getting a buzz with wine, unsweetened hard cider (gluten free local cider, not crap like angry orchard sweetened garbage)....or even whisky/vodka and sugar free soda or sparkling water.

I enjoy getting my buzz on , and I love Ale so it pains me but I basically cant drink beer any more...Ugh..

edit: Some nice things about gluten free, unsweetened hard cider are:

1) they tend to be lower calories for the alcohol you get...a 12 oz of hard cider is usually less than a 12 oz of good IPA, and

2) they usually pack 1-2% more ABV

3) no gluten , lower glycemic index

4) no corn sugar.....which is present in not all beers but some.

full disclosure: I am thinking about/ actively working on opening a cidery...so this is possibly a biased / shameless plug

Simply Red 04-01-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13498773)
yeah...unfortunate but true

even if i over-estimate the number of calories, like 300 per pint and i drink two pints of beer that were only like 265 per pint...i never seem to lose any weight the next day, i seem to gain a pound by drinking 2 beers, and still hitting my cut number..... which makes zero sense to me....

I know it must be all in my head but I feel beer is the very worst calories for me personally.

I have had better luck getting a buzz with wine, unsweetened hard cider (gluten free local cider, not crap like angry orchard sweetened garbage)....or even whisky/vodka and sugar free soda or sparkling water.

I enjoy getting my buzz on , and I love Ale so it pains me but I basically cant drink beer any more...Ugh..

I feel your pain - all the way. What is your alternative? Diet soda or Red Bull and Vodka or the sort?

Simply Red 04-01-2018 03:13 PM

Here's a breakdown of calories in classic bar favorites:
1 vodka soda: 64 calories.
1 glass of white wine: 100 calories.
1 glass of sparkling wine: 100 calories.
1 glass of red wine: 120 calories.
1 full-strength beer (250ml bottle): 155 calories.
1 old-fashioned: 150 calories.
1 gin and tonic: 200 calories.

Simply Red 04-01-2018 03:16 PM

I'm going to an event on Saturday in Midtown where we all watch a film and there's a voice-over comedian making fun of it. This month they're doing Prisoners of the Lost Universe. It's a mystery science theater 3000 of sorts in Virginia Highlands district of Atlanta. Should be a blast - I suppose I'll have a couple of the vodka/soda/limes.

Ming the Merciless 04-01-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498774)
I feel your pain - all the way. What is your alternative? Diet soda or Red Bull and Vodka or the sort?

pretty much, man

my wife does a pretty good cocktail with

vodka
la croix (berry sparkling water , zero calories)
diet or light cranberry juice
lime squeeze

pretty much the only calories comes from the vodka and they get u hammered

edit: when i feel like beer or wine I usually go for hard cider or apfelwein, although i enjoy a nice bottle of normal (grape) wine as well

Ming the Merciless 04-01-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498775)

as a gin drinker I will say this: there are some pretty OK zero calorie tonic waters out there, and go heavy with the lime squeeze...

it cuts the calories back to slightly more than a straight vodka

BigRedChief 04-01-2018 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13498784)
as a gin drinker I will say this: there are some pretty OK zero calorie tonic waters out there, and go heavy with the lime squeeze...

it cuts the calories back to slightly more than a straight vodka

bourbon, even the good stuff is 100 calories for a 1.5 oz shot. Add Coke Zero or no sugar if desired.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-01-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498723)
Welcome - take a seat over there - listen to everyone except for PGM. :clap:

:) Pillowy mounds of mashed po tatoes!

Simply Red 04-01-2018 07:55 PM

I walked 3.2 miles today - I want to take off about 12 lbs before I get too intense. But it's a start.

Simply Red 04-01-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13499133)
:) Pillowy mounds of mashed po tatoes!

I declined the twice baked potatoes today. I had my alternate meal of chicken breasts and green beans, I then had a cup of that sugar free jello pudding - dark chocolate which are 60 cals. I did slip up on 5 peanut M&Ms but that's only about 45 more calories - aside from that today, I only had a banana and an orange.

BigRedChief 04-01-2018 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13499139)
I walked 3.2 miles today - I want to take off about 12 lbs before I get too intense. But it's a start.

4.75 miles for me today. If we are friends on Facebook, i posted pics of my travels.

Simply Red 04-01-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13499143)
4.75 miles for me today. If we are friends on Facebook, i posted pics of my travels.

I'm proud of you and I believe we are. Keep up the good work bud! :clap:

Simply Red 04-01-2018 08:02 PM

Putting in my weight as a earmark w/ the date - for future measuring.

224.2 LBS. today.

Frosty 04-01-2018 09:43 PM

Down day today. I was going for zero calories but as I'm getting ready for bed, my stomach started growling. I know from experience that that makes it hard to get to sleep so I had a yogurt and a few nuts for 250 calories. Off to bed now.

SR, I was exactly 1 pound more than you this morning.

lewdog 04-01-2018 09:47 PM

You know what’s worse than being fat?

Being a fat ginger.

#Billay

Chief_For_Life58 04-01-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGiggity (Post 13494645)
I have lost ten pounds in the last month eating roughly 1400 calories a day. I allow myself one cheat day, and exercise 3-4 times a week. Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, fish, chicken, bacon (pork/turkey), peanut butter, apples, bananas. All I drink is water too.

This is pretty much it. You want to limit dairy and fruit though. Protein and vegetables and high intensity cardio

Delano 04-01-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13499122)
bourbon, even the good stuff is 100 calories for a 1.5 oz shot. Add Coke Zero or no sugar if desired.

Pretty much every liquor is the same calorie wise and it's based on the proof. If it's 80 proof bourbon, vodka, or gin it's going to be very similar.

Also, I want to reduce starch to about 40 grams per day. Morning oatmeal takes about 20 of that so this will be tough.

Delano 04-01-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13499261)

Being a fat ginger.

#Billay

I like every part of this.

KCUnited 04-02-2018 06:16 AM

I'm embarking on this journey with you all today and throughout the month of April. I have reservations for my birthday in a couple weeks and am returning to KC the last weekend of April for a birthday party. Otherwise, low carb, clean eats and sans booze for me.

Thanks for this thread!

KCUnited 04-02-2018 06:27 AM

I say this with 100%% sincerity, but Wal-Mart is a pain in the ass to get to where I'm at and I really enjoy their Clear American Sparkling Waters, especially the cherry limeade flavor. While road tripping through Iowa this weekend, I spotted a Wal-Mart Supercenter and loaded the **** up on it. First time I've seen it in cans. Everybody up here drinks La Croix like its some sweater tied around their neck, but I don't really care for it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clear-Ame...Count/47197223

Mr. Plow 04-02-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AssEaterChief (Post 13494836)
In my opinion...the exercise and activity level are more important than what you consume.

Obviously don't gorge on shit food but if you are exercising 1+ hours a day, the rest takes care of itself.

I reached a peak of 235 in December. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy guy, always been on the thin side, but I carry all of my extra weight in my stomach (beeeeeeer!) In mid January I was getting ready for work and struggling to put my jeans on - at the point I was wondering if I could get away with wearing sweats to work I decided it was time to make some changes.

I've been consistently exercising 3 days a week since January, but didn't alter my food intake. Thought I would lose some. And I did. Enough to comfortably get back into my jeans (down to 225). But, I expected more. I didn't realize how many calories I was taking in on a daily basis until I counted one day. Blew me away.

So for the last 7 days or so I've started to watch my calorie intake, as well as cutting back on beer & maintaining my exercising. Haven't noticed much of a difference yet, but I'm hoping the combination of the three will show some results.

BigRedChief 04-02-2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13499459)
I carry all of my extra weight in my stomach (beeeeeeer!)

I've read some carry bricks in a backpack to heighten their workout. I aready got my backpack of bricks around my waist.:D
Quote:

I reached a peak of 235 in December. I wouldn't say I'm a heavy guy, always been on the thin side, but I carry all of my extra weight in my stomach (beeeeeeer!) In mid January I was getting ready for work and struggling to put my jeans on - at the point I was wondering if I could get away with wearing sweats to work I decided it was time to make some changes.

I've been consistently exercising 3 days a week since January, but didn't alter my food intake. Thought I would lose some. And I did. Enough to comfortably get back into my jeans (down to 225). But, I expected more. I didn't realize how many calories I was taking in on a daily basis until I counted one day. Blew me away.

So for the last 7 days or so I've started to watch my calorie intake, as well as cutting back on beer & maintaining my exercising. Haven't noticed much of a difference yet, but I'm hoping the combination of the three will show some results.

Good luck man.:thumb:

Mr. Plow 04-02-2018 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13498775)
Here's a breakdown of calories in classic bar favorites:
1 vodka soda: 64 calories.
1 glass of white wine: 100 calories.
1 glass of sparkling wine: 100 calories.
1 glass of red wine: 120 calories.
1 full-strength beer (250ml bottle): 155 calories.
1 old-fashioned: 150 calories.

I don't drink much during the week anymore - unless I'm sitting at a bar watching basketball. If I do have a beer in the evening it's after 8p and I generally don't finish it. With basketball basically over for the year, I'm going to try to stay away from beer for 1 week. Instead, if I just have to have a drink during the evening, I'm going to switch it to a vodka/diet dr pepper.

Mr. Plow 04-02-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 13499470)
I've read some carry bricks in a backpack to heighten their workout. I aready got my backpack of bricks around my waist.:D
Good luck man.:thumb:

I've got a double negative going for me in regards to where I carry my weight. Not only is beer a weakness, but all the men in my family carry the weight in the same exact spot. I figure if I don't get on it now, I'm going to end up looking like a 9 month pregnant woman by the time I'm 50.

Simply Red 04-02-2018 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13499439)
I say this with 100%% sincerity, but Wal-Mart is a pain in the ass to get to where I'm at and I really enjoy their Clear American Sparkling Waters, especially the cherry limeade flavor. While road tripping through Iowa this weekend, I spotted a Wal-Mart Supercenter and loaded the **** up on it. First time I've seen it in cans. Everybody up here drinks La Croix like its some sweater tied around their neck, but I don't really care for it.

I've seen it - never tried it - I will look for it - though I don't go their hardly ever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13499253)
Down day today. I was going for zero calories but as I'm getting ready for bed, my stomach started growling. I know from experience that that makes it hard to get to sleep so I had a yogurt and a few nuts for 250 calories. Off to bed now.

SR, I was exactly 1 pound more than you this morning.

Keep it up!

Quote:

Keep it up!

Mr. Plow 04-02-2018 08:07 AM

Oh, ideally my doctor wants to see me in the 180-185 range. Personally, I'd be fine with 190-195. So I've got anywhere from 30-45 pounds I'm supposed to lose.

sedated 04-02-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Personally I've never liked the combination of bourbon/whisky and diet soda. The diet stuff has always paired better with vodka, not sure why. Vodka/diet root beer has been a recent go-to, after a bourbon/coke or two to get started.

Frosty 04-02-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13499490)
Keep it up!

Thanks.

It's always fun to weigh after a down day. I was down 4.4 lbs, to 220.8. Of course, most of that will be back after today.

Ming the Merciless 04-02-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Hell yah. Id rather do that than a beer, i feel its more 'bang for the buck'

Simply Red 04-02-2018 10:50 AM

Thus far, today

I had a Simply Fresh Antipasto salad - 310 calories

- Spring mix
- salami cubes
- provolone cubes
- pepperoncini and olive mix
- fresh tomatoes
- multi-grain croutons

as well I had an organic banana

- i will have a mid afternoon orange - and wrap up my day with a Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Wrap... perhaps a cup of 60 cal jello sf pudding.

Delano 04-02-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13499439)

Sparkling ice brand drinks have a good zero calorie cherry limeade. I'm not sure if you can get it outside of a variety pack though. You can find it ar Costco.

KCUnited 04-02-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 13500365)
Sparkling ice brand drinks have a good zero calorie cherry limeade. I'm not sure if you can get it outside of a variety pack though. You can find it ar Costco.

We have them here and I like to keep a couple on hand. I’ll keep my eye out for the cherry limeade, I’m particularly fond of the kiwi strawberry. I treat them more as a treat though, almost like a mocktail because they’re so flavorful.

Delano 04-02-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 13500372)
We have them here and I like to keep a couple on hand. I’ll keep my eye out for the cherry limeade, I’m particularly fond of the kiwi strawberry. I treat them more as a treat though, almost like a mocktail because they’re so flavorful.

The watermelon is not too bad but has that weird sweetener aftertaste. I think there's a blackberry lime too. All in the same variety back. Though I may be mixing it up with the bai brand sparkling water variety pack which is much better overall but more expensive. Doesn't have that sweetener aftertaste at all.

Simply Red 04-02-2018 07:29 PM

I like their crisp apple flavor

Simply Red 04-02-2018 08:59 PM

I'm not seeing folks checking in and it's got me concerned - how are all of you doing, so far?

Frosty 04-02-2018 09:11 PM

It was an up day for me I had a target of 2750 calories and I hit it.

I have a jar of mixed nuts at work. I would usually have a good sized handful for lunch. I actually poured out less than normal today and weighed it. It was almost 700 calories! Holy shit. Those are going to have to be on my no fly list.

Simply Red 04-02-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 13500619)
It was an up day for me I had a target of 2750 calories and I hit it.

I have a jar of mixed nuts at work. I would usually have a good sized handful for lunch. I actually poured out less than normal today and weighed it. It was almost 700 calories! Holy shit. Those are going to have to be on my no fly list.

yeah - they're good here and there - but not a lot of them.

KS Smitty 04-02-2018 09:37 PM

Maybe it's from being chronic but portion control is a huge problem for me, if a serving size is 1/4 cup I need at least twice that.

Titty Meat 04-02-2018 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 13499261)

Being a fat ginger.

#Billay

The tren has ruined your brain

Ming the Merciless 04-02-2018 09:47 PM

I ****ed ip yesterday ...after weeks of being on target...

I ended up getting drunk on easter and probably drank 10000 calories of whisky...

Back in the saddle today

Simply Red 04-02-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 13500682)
Maybe it's from being chronic but portion control is a huge problem for me, if a serving size is 1/4 cup I need at least twice that.

It all starts at the grocery store hun. I'm not sure your living situation and who's living with you - nor how they eat. So that certainly doesn't always help. But try to keep stuff that will help if you get the urge to nible. There's plenty of good items out their to remedy the snacker's habits. Let me know if I can help. Hopefully that made sense - i'm fading here. About to crash.

Simply Red 04-02-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13500690)

I ended up getting drunk on easter and probably drank 10000 calories of whisky...

Back in the saddle today

the last rep comment justified the calories.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-02-2018 09:49 PM

You've earned a foot long chili cheese coney

Simply Red 04-03-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 13500697)
You've earned a foot long chili cheese coney

you can have it.

Mr. Plow 04-03-2018 07:41 AM

I've been using the MyFitnessPal app for about a week. Not every day, but keeping a decent log. Didn't track much over the weekend, but decided that starting yesterday I was going to keep track of everything going forward.

The app suggested that in order to lose 1 pound per week, I needed to keep my calorie intake to 2,020 or less per day. Yesterday I had a intake of 1,825 calories and exercise of 747 calories for a net total intake of 1,078.

BigRedChief 04-03-2018 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 13500690)

Back in the saddle today

at 100 calories a shot? That must have been a good time. :D