ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320388)

Rasputin 01-14-2019 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 14036436)
Dems facts...…...We are gonna blow these punks out, watch.

I don't see us blowing them out but it's going be a hell of a game. It will probably come to who has the ball last but we can take them.

I think it's going come down to our front on defense and their big uglies on offense. We get pressure on Brady and put him down then we have a good shot at beating them but we can't let him pick us apart standing there. Also the run game is stout for the Patriots and Bilicheck can scheme a good game plan.

I think Andy Reid has the better offense but our defense is still suspect with Bob Sutton until they can shut down the Brady Bunch.

This game is going be insane.

We do have the best tight end in football but Gronk is no slouch and we can't count on EB to suit up so I don't know who is going to have the daunty task of keeping him out of the end zone? Although Gronk is older and beat up and slower now he will show up to play.

We have a lot more to prove than the Patriots do. We have to knock down the door to get to the Super Bowl it's been a swinging hinge door for the Patriots.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 14036430)
OK. Playoff football:

Pats at home in the post-season under Brady: 19-3

Pats on the road in the post-season under Brady: 3-4

This is actually a stupid post for Chiefs fans look what we've done at home. One playoff victory at home one playoff victory on the road since Joe Montana so many losses to count at home and away in that time frame if you want to go to facts just leave it at this year we have a young smart talent quarterback against an old' school quarterback that has played in cold snow games so weather isn't going be a factor. Hopefully the crowed at Arrowhead will make the difference though.

Can't go on the past in this game it's strait up punch you in the mouth game and there are going be body blows with Kelce being Kelce and throw an upper cut with a long bomb to Tyreek Hill .

This is not a gimme game but we can win it.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 04:58 AM

The biggest thing we can do to win this game is keep pressure on Brady so he doesn't have time to pick apart our secondary. Also stopping the run make them go three and out and don't let them have long sustained drives. Giving the ball back to Mahomes to keep him fresh in the game so he isn't sitting on the sideline cold . That's what we need to do to beat the Patriots.

CoMoChief 01-14-2019 05:07 AM

Brady is the most cement footed QB in the NFL.

He's going to get prison ****ed into retirement by Jones, Ford, and Houston.

JD10367 01-14-2019 05:34 AM

Most of you are the most moronic ignorant douchebags I've ever seen online. So I'll address myself to the handful of intelligent long-time regulars here who have more to say than "wer gunna win by 30!1!1!" or "Brady iz teh gay and old and slow" and the other hundred stupid ****ing things I see here on this shit filled toilet bowl.

Having already seen Mahomes once will be beneficial, but they won't stop him. He's just already too good. The D will be keying on Hill and Kelce so I think the x-factor here is going to be Sammy Watkins and how well he can play. If he stays healthy and gets over 50 yards the Chiefs will be in business. Aside from the Dolphins' abortion--and the Patriots never play well down there--the Patriots' D has played well since the mid-October game against the Bears. So I think the D will show up... but, again, against this offense, "showing up" means keeping them under 40.

The Chiefs' D-line is stout and the Patriots' O-line will have to show up 100% or it'll be a long day. I think they'll show up but they won't keep Brady perfectly clean. He might get 300 yards and 2 TDs but he'll toss at least 1 pick and make a few bad decisions due to pressure. But the Patriots will figure out how to move the chains as they always do. Whatever Reid takes away, they'll just go somewhere else. Reid knows the key to beating Brady is playing man and getting pressure without blitzing so I think the game will pivot on how well the O-line can generate a running game and give Brady enough time to dump off to the running backs. Time consuming dink and dunk drives keep Mahomes off the field, so the key will then be avoiding lightning-strike offense by KC... which the Pats didn't do a great job at the first time around.

It's pretty simple. If this game were played in Gillette, the Patriots would be a 3-point favorite for home field. The Patriots won the first matchup 43-40. The Chiefs are a 3-point favorite for home field. So I think the "Miami Miracle" ruined the Pats' season by making this a road game. I'll widen the gap due to crowd noise and I'll drop the score due to the playoffs being a little tighter. Chiefs 37, Patriots 31.

Mecca 01-14-2019 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14036506)
My only worry is you guys will limit possessions to give yourself a chance. Less possessions the Chiefs get, the more luck can become involved.

Michel is legit. I could not believe how wide open all your WRs, RBs and Gronk was today against the 7 DBs of LA. Wide open. All day. Belichick must have had a great gameplan.

That's cause the Chargers do nothing but play zone which is bad against a team that throws 3 yard passes.

Pushead2 01-14-2019 05:41 AM

Williams will have to continue to ball out. Andy has used Hunt (twice) & Charles significantly in the game plan against the Pats.

Just need the defense to continue to step up. The ILB and SS are going to have to be on point.

New World Order 01-14-2019 05:44 AM

We needed Hunt against the Pats last time.

We're going to need Williams this time.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14036429)
Chargers let guys get wide open on blown coverage. We must be in the right place, play the short pass. They don't have much of longer passing game anymore. We can beat them with good tackling. Jones gets pressure up the middle and we will stop them many times.

Our defense has had plenty of short pass preparation over the last five years with Alex Smith in practice.

Rasputin 01-14-2019 06:00 AM

On the flip side Philip Rivers didn't do himself any favors he looked like shit with diarrhea down his pant leg. Patrick Mahomes II is poised to win a championship he has already faced Brady Bunch under the bright lights so this game isn't too big for him. He won't come out with jitters or butterflies facing Tom Brady because he has done it.

UK_Chief 01-14-2019 06:03 AM

If we get good man to man coverage surely our pass rushers can get to Brady?? He’s basically a statue now right

Pushead2 01-14-2019 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UK_Chief (Post 14036632)
If we get good man to man coverage surely our pass rushers can get to Brady?? He’s basically a statue now right

They need to collapse the pocket from the middle.

Chiefshrink 01-14-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 14036618)
Williams will have to continue to ball out.

Still no confidence in D Will ?? Please:rolleyes: This guy provides quick burst and lateral movements that K Hunt never had BUT with K Hunt power.

htismaqe 01-14-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 14036674)
They need to collapse the pocket from the middle.

Aww that sucks. If only they had Chris Jones or somebody like him. :)

htismaqe 01-14-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14036613)
Most of you are the most moronic ignorant douchebags I've ever seen online. So I'll address myself to the handful of intelligent long-time regulars here who have more to say than "wer gunna win by 30!1!1!" or "Brady iz teh gay and old and slow" and the other hundred stupid ****ing things I see here on this shit filled toilet bowl.

Having already seen Mahomes once will be beneficial, but they won't stop him. He's just already too good. The D will be keying on Hill and Kelce so I think the x-factor here is going to be Sammy Watkins and how well he can play. If he stays healthy and gets over 50 yards the Chiefs will be in business. Aside from the Dolphins' abortion--and the Patriots never play well down there--the Patriots' D has played well since the mid-October game against the Bears. So I think the D will show up... but, again, against this offense, "showing up" means keeping them under 40.

The Chiefs' D-line is stout and the Patriots' O-line will have to show up 100% or it'll be a long day. I think they'll show up but they won't keep Brady perfectly clean. He might get 300 yards and 2 TDs but he'll toss at least 1 pick and make a few bad decisions due to pressure. But the Patriots will figure out how to move the chains as they always do. Whatever Reid takes away, they'll just go somewhere else. Reid knows the key to beating Brady is playing man and getting pressure without blitzing so I think the game will pivot on how well the O-line can generate a running game and give Brady enough time to dump off to the running backs. Time consuming dink and dunk drives keep Mahomes off the field, so the key will then be avoiding lightning-strike offense by KC... which the Pats didn't do a great job at the first time around.

It's pretty simple. If this game were played in Gillette, the Patriots would be a 3-point favorite for home field. The Patriots won the first matchup 43-40. The Chiefs are a 3-point favorite for home field. So I think the "Miami Miracle" ruined the Pats' season by making this a road game. I'll widen the gap due to crowd noise and I'll drop the score due to the playoffs being a little tighter. Chiefs 37, Patriots 31.

First, you'll have to excuse us for being crazy. The Chiefs haven't been to a AFC Championship since Joe Montana was still a thing.

Second, it's nice to see some level-headed discussion, even discounting you picking the Chiefs to win. You comPatriots that showed up here earlier in the season and are back now are BY FAR contributing their fair share to the "shit filled toilet bowl". You'd think fans that had seen 5 Super Bowl Championships would be a little more, you know, dignified.

pugsnotdrugs19 01-14-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14036613)

Solid post, I’ll give you that.

But every year it seems there’s always one conference championship game that just isn’t real competitive, in favor of the home team.

And this is going to be that game. And I’ll be here afterwards regardless, but I’m just telling you ahead of time. This isn’t even me going full homer like I did last week, I’m looking at this as a football game that has serious potential to be ugly. In the Chiefs favor.

patteeu 01-14-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 14035940)
Wow. Pretty level headed post from a Pats fan.

For the record, your team has had one hell of an almost two decade run. I would give my left nut for the Chiefs to have a run like that.

That being said, I think it finally comes to an end this Sunday. We’ll see, I guess.

You like football a little more than me.

Amnorix 01-14-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 14036429)
Chargers let guys get wide open on blown coverage. We must be in the right place, play the short pass. They don't have much of longer passing game anymore. We can beat them with good tackling. Jones gets pressure up the middle and we will stop them many times.

A big part of it is Gus Bradley's scheme. Brady feasts on it.

Amnorix 01-14-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARROW2 (Post 14036436)
Dems facts...…...We are gonna blow these punks out, watch.

I can pretty much guarantee the Pats will give you alot more of a game than the Colts did.

htismaqe 01-14-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14037175)
A big part of it is Gus Bradley's scheme. Brady feasts on it.

I still don't understand their gameplan, despite the fact that "it's what they do".

You have two 1st-team all pros in King and James on the backend with Bosa and Ingram up front, so you play zone coverage most of the game and let Brady pick his spots?

One of the worst coaching jobs I can remember in recent memory.

Amnorix 01-14-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 14036430)
OK. Playoff football:

Pats at home in the post-season under Brady: 19-3

Pats on the road in the post-season under Brady: 3-4

This matters about as much as the Patriots having more playoff wins since January 2017 (6) as the Chiefs have had since the 1970 NFL merger (5). History is just that, history. What matters the most is playing better on Sunday. Not exciting, but true.

:shrug:

Amnorix 01-14-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14037181)
I still don't understand their gameplan, despite the fact that "it's what they do".

You have two 1st-team all pros in King and James on the backend with Bosa and Ingram up front, so you play zone coverage most of the game and let Brady pick his spots?

One of the worst coaching jobs I can remember in recent memory.

Yeah, it's just not smart, but that's how some coaches are wired. Dave Wannstedt had that in Miami, but that defense had alot of talent and their "we do what we do" was REALLY effective most of the time.

Otherwise, you'd think some adjustments would be good, especially (1) if you've been torn apart by Brady before, and (2) in-game, when it's clearly not working.

:shrug:

Amnorix 01-14-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14036599)
We have a lot more to prove than the Patriots do. We have to knock down the door to get to the Super Bowl it's been a swinging hinge door for the Patriots.

Saw a hilarious tweet today saying that the AFCCG should be renamed the "Tom Brady Invitational"

He's bee in 8 straight, which is an NFL record.

He's been healthy 17 seasons, and played in 13 AFCCGs. That's just ridiculous.

Hammock Parties 01-14-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14037207)
Saw a hilarious tweet today saying that the AFCCG should be renamed the "Tom Brady Invitational"

He's bee in 8 straight, which is an NFL record.

He's been healthy 17 seasons, and played in 13 AFCCGs. That's just ridiculous.

We're going to YA Tittle his ass.

Amnorix 01-14-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14036746)
First, you'll have to excuse us for being crazy. The Chiefs haven't been to a AFC Championship since Joe Montana was still a thing.

Second, it's nice to see some level-headed discussion, even discounting you picking the Chiefs to win. You comPatriots that showed up here earlier in the season and are back now are BY FAR contributing their fair share to the "shit filled toilet bowl". You'd think fans that had seen 5 Super Bowl Championships would be a little more, you know, dignified.

Morons are morons, no matter how much their team wins. It's pretty sad actually.

Mecca 01-14-2019 11:02 AM

It's time for the torch passing game to happen.

Amnorix 01-14-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14037211)

Even if you do, your 2014 prediction -- one NFL MVP, two Super Bowl wins, and three SB appearances ago -- that Tom Brady was stick-a-fork-in-him-done -- has still proven to be about the stupidest statement/prediction in the long history of this board, so there's that.

And you may win, but I doubt it will be because the Chiefs defense beats Brady to a pulp. It's more likely to be the way the Eagles won the SB last year.

Mecca 01-14-2019 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14037221)
Even if you do, your 2014 prediction -- one NFL MVP, two Super Bowl wins, and three SB appearances ago -- that Tom Brady was stick-a-fork-in-him-done -- has still proven to be about the stupidest statement/prediction in the long history of this board, so there's that.

And you may win, but I doubt it will be because the Chiefs defense beats Brady to a pulp. It's more likely to be the way the Eagles won the SB last year.

Eh this Pats team is not good on the road at all.

Amnorix 01-14-2019 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14037225)
Eh this Pats team is not good on the road at all.

Has not been, that is very true.

But the 9-7 Giants of 2007 weren't a very good team generally, and managed to step up when it mattered. The 2006 Colts defense was ridiculously awful until the playoffs (and the return of their safety, what'shisname).

And the 2001 Patriots were NO THREAT to beat the Greatest Show On Turf, until they did.

Declare them dead if you like. I've seen them pull too many rabbits out of too many hats in the BB/Brady era to have no hope.

But if you forced me to bet a meaningful amount of money, I'd likely bet on the Chiefs to win.

RN47 01-14-2019 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14037211)

Broken. Physically and mentally.

Lzen 01-14-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 14035362)
I am not one of those guys who hates it when the media picks the other team AT ALL ... but it's going to trigger me when they ignore BOTH how much better we are at home, and how much worse NE is on the road. Doesn't guarantee anything, but you know some idiot (probably of the Stephen A or Cowherd variety) will say "but NE already beat them" or "but KC's defense is turrible and gives up 40/game."

Deon Sanders

Hammock Parties 01-14-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN47 (Post 14037242)
Broken. Physically and mentally.

I hope he gets hit by two guys like Dennis Quaid in Any Given Sunday.

Bonus points if CBS captures a swinging dick in postgame locker room footage.

Hammock Parties 01-14-2019 11:18 AM

DO YOU GUYS FEEL THAT VIBE

WE COULD SEE NAKED CHIEFS CELEBRATING A SUPER BOWL APPEARANCE IN THE LOCKER ROOM WITH THE BACKWARDS-ASS CHIEFS LOGO BECAUSE LAMAR WAS TOO CHEAP TO FIX IT

ON SUNDAY

Mecca 01-14-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14037231)

But the 9-7 Giants of 2007 weren't a very good team generally, and managed to step up when it mattered. The 2006 Colts defense was ridiculously awful until the playoffs (and the return of their safety, what'shisname).

And the 2001 Patriots were NO THREAT to beat the Greatest Show On Turf, until they did.

Declare them dead if you like. I've seen them pull too many rabbits out of too many hats in the BB/Brady era to have no hope.

But if you forced me to bet a meaningful amount of money, I'd likely bet on the Chiefs to win.

Obviously things don't always break like you expect but having to go back a decade to find examples...going on the road to a place they have generally shit the bed at against a MVP QB, is not a favorable thing to do.

FringeNC 01-14-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14037231)

I'll give you this: Your coaching staff clowned the Chargers yesterday. You had guys running wide open on almost every play, and LA was never made any adjustments to the pressure. Andy Reid is not going to be out-coached like that. Yesterday was an embarrassment.

Mecca 01-14-2019 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14037272)
I'll give you this: Your coaching staff clowned the Chargers yesterday. You had guys running wide open on almost every play, and LA was never made any adjustments to the pressure. Andy Reid is not going to be out-coached like that. Yesterday was an embarrassment.

Did anyone really expect anything different?

Rivers shitting himself all that is pretty expected at this point.

Halfcan 01-14-2019 12:21 PM

Pats had a very average season based on another easy schedule. Wow, they beat the Jets, Bills and Chargers all at home to finish out the year.

If they somehow cheat their way past the Chiefs- they will get smashed in the SB again.

Amnorix 01-14-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14037516)
Pats had a very average season based on another easy schedule. Wow, they beat the Jets, Bills and Chargers all at home to finish out the year.

If they somehow cheat their way past the Chiefs- they will get smashed in the SB again.

So if the Pats win it will have to have been because of cheating? That makes sense to you?

And it's a shame you didn't get to watch last year's Super Bowl. Amazing game. Nobody got smashed.

But you do you.

LGOLED 01-14-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14037516)

Patriots are 5-0 this season against playoff teams. So much for only being good because of an easy schedule.

The Patriots have never been blown out in a SB in the Brady/Belichick era. You must be new to football.

Halfcan 01-14-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14037537)
So if the Pats win it will have to have been because of cheating? That makes sense to you?

And it's a shame you didn't get to watch last year's Super Bowl. Amazing game. Nobody got smashed.

But you do you.

Blatant holding by your Offensive line that goes un-called, illegal pick plays by your receivers, push offs by Gronk and Edlemen, late cheapshots by Hightower- you know- Pats football. You don't think it is cheating because that is how you win games. But the rest of the NFL realize you guys are dirty cheapshot artist that will go for a QB's knees like they did Rivers in the second half. You will spy on practices, roll out the Zamboni to clear the snow to kick a field goal, deflate footballs- whatever it takes to win another game. We are just now getting LDT back after a late Cheapshot by Hightower. There is a reason you guys are the most hated team in the history of the NFL.

LGOLED 01-14-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14037637)
There is a reason you guys are the most hated team in the history of the NFL.

Envy.

203Pat 01-14-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14037537)

But you do you.

Didn’t you know it’s a near 2 decade long conspiracy?

Tonka83 01-14-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

I agree that the Chargers were out-coached and out-played. That won't happen to Reid. Sutton worries me though. He doesn't seem to grasp how to make in-game adjustments. I'm hoping that responsibility has been passed on to "others".

Kiimo 01-14-2019 01:06 PM

You certainly can't rule the Patriots or Tom Brady out, ever. I'm sure Charger fans did that...

Okay admittedly there are no more Charger fans, but still.

All that said the Chiefs have beaten the Patriots a lot WITHOUT the MVP of the league playing on their team. Who knows what will happen but I feel better about this game than the Colts game to be honest.

htismaqe 01-14-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

The Chargers gave that game away. Worst coaching I’ve maybe ever seen in the playoffs.

htismaqe 01-14-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka83 (Post 14037696)
I agree that the Chargers were out-coached and out-played. That won't happen to Reid. Sutton worries me though. He doesn't seem to grasp how to make in-game adjustments. I'm hoping that responsibility has been passed on to "others".

Sutton has a long history of stopping the Patriots. Stop.

ToxSocks 01-14-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 14037726)
The Chargers gave that game away. Worst coaching I’ve maybe ever seen in the playoffs.

I turned to my nephew (a chargers fan) after the Pats went up 7-0 and told him that if the Chargers don't come out of that zone, play man, double team edelman and start mixing up the pressure by blitzing into the A and B gaps then the Pats are going to do this every drive.

Sure enough, the Chargers just kept dropping into zone play after play, drive after drive until they were down 35-7.

I couldn't believe it.

And the one time i did see them play man their 2nd team All-Pro nickel back got beat bad on a double move for a TD LMAO

LGOLED 01-14-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

The Colts gave that game away. Worst coaching and kicking from Vinatieri I've ever seen in the playoffs.

JakeF 01-14-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

You know I have to say this now.

I thought that coaching doesn't matter, only talent?

saphojunkie 01-14-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037541)
Patriots are 5-0 this season against playoff teams. So much for only being good because of an easy schedule.

The Patriots have never been blown out in a SB in the Brady/Belichick era. You must be new to football.

Patriots played three playoff teams all year and lost five times to non-playoff teams.

Kiimo 01-14-2019 01:28 PM

It's pretty funny how worried we all were last week and now that the curse is lifted this place is ready to bury the Patriots before Monday is over.

This is the kind of confidence we should have had last week, is what I'm saying.

LGOLED 01-14-2019 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14037809)
Patriots played three playoff teams all year and lost five times to non-playoff teams.

5 playoff teams.

KC, Houston, Chicago, Indy, LAC.

5-0

BleedingRed 01-14-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037816)
5 playoff teams.

5-0

only 1 on the road.........

chiefzilla1501 01-14-2019 01:31 PM

This year there will only be one pat representing the afc in the super bowl.

saphojunkie 01-14-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037782)
The Colts gave that game away. Worst coaching and kicking from Vinatieri I've ever seen in the playoffs.

You're not very good at this. The Chargers had #9 total defense and #8 scoring defense.

They had pass rushers and a fantastic secondary. Tom Brady is a ****ing surgeon against the zone.

My money was on New England no matter what - I never for a second believed Chargers could pull it off - but that doesn't mean they didn't give the game away by scheming a defense which took away their best strengths and played into Brady's. The zone allowed him to get off quick passes to wide open receivers, which negated any pass rush. Clean pockets, soft spots in the zone... He may as well have been at the Pro Bowl skills competition. Not that he knows what that's like, since he's always prepping for the SB.

But seriously. The Chargers gave the game away when they didn't come out of their shitty game plan.

RunKC 01-14-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

5 playoff teams.

5-0

4 of those 5 were at home. Congrats on beating Turdbisky, who also dropped 31 points on your ass.

Mahomes dropped 40 on you after playing a god awful first half. He might drop 50 at home with your weak pass rush.

LGOLED 01-14-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14037833)
You're not very good at this. The Chargers had #9 total defense and #8 scoring defense.

They had pass rushers and a fantastic secondary. Tom Brady is a ****ing surgeon against the zone.

My money was on New England no matter what - I never for a second believed Chargers could pull it off - but that doesn't mean they didn't give the game away by scheming a defense which took away their best strengths and played into Brady's. The zone allowed him to get off quick passes to wide open receivers, which negated any pass rush. Clean pockets, soft spots in the zone... He may as well have been at the Pro Bowl skills competition. Not that he knows what that's like, since he's always prepping for the SB.

But seriously. The Chargers gave the game away when they didn't come out of their shitty game plan.

You're not very good at this.

The Colts gave the game away by scheming a defense that played into KC's hands. The zone allowed him to get off quick passes to wide open receivers, which negated any pass rush. Clean pockets, soft spots in their Cover 2, and yet Mahomes still looked the worst he has looked all season long.

The Colts gave the game away when they didn't come out of their shitty gameplan.

LGOLED 01-14-2019 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14037844)
4 of those 5 were at home. Congrats on beating Turdbisky, who also dropped 31 points on your ass.

Mahomes dropped 40 on you after playing a god awful first half. He might drop 50 at home with your weak pass rush.

The Chiefs won't break 20 points on Sunday. Mahomes looked weak in the cold in his playoff debut, and you no longer have Hunt.

RollChiefsRoll 01-14-2019 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037857)
The Chiefs won't break 20 points on Sunday. Mahomes looked weak in the cold in his playoff debut, and you no longer have Hunt.

Imagine being this insecure even after five Super Bowls.

ChiefRocka 01-14-2019 01:40 PM

Quote:

5 playoff teams.

5-0

One of those teams is not like the rest.

chiefzilla1501 01-14-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037855)

The Colts gave the game away by scheming a defense that played into KC's hands. The zone allowed him to get off quick passes to wide open receivers, which negated any pass rush. Clean pockets, soft spots in their Cover 2, and yet Mahomes still looked the worst he has looked all season long.

The Colts gave the game away when they didn't come out of their shitty gameplan.

ROFL
Mahomes looked the worst all season long? Easy there captain hyperbole

saphojunkie 01-14-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037855)

:facepalm:

It's hard debating with someone who didn't watch the game or understand it, or both.

saphojunkie 01-14-2019 01:48 PM

Colts had four sacks.

Chargers had zero.

Brady threw for 343 yards and a 105.6 passer rating.

Mahomes threw for 278 and an 85 passer rating.

New England ran the ball 155 yards.

KC ran the ball 180 yards - their average in the regular season was 115.

KC offense crushed this game, because they ran the ball well. You see - it's not hard to actually have a coherent point and not just repost someone else's and change the names. It just requires educating yourself and bringing facts.

Johnny Vegas 01-14-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs leaned on the run game man. The Chiefs had 20 more possession minutes than the Colts. Kept Luck somewhere around 60-70 passing yards in the first half. I can’t recall the Chiefs ever having that big of a possession gap this year. The run game is absolutely working without Hunt.

hometeam 01-14-2019 01:53 PM

Quote:

Yea the pats D is going to do what every other team (including themselves) failed to this year.. hold the chiefs under 26.

lol

saphojunkie 01-14-2019 01:55 PM

I don't have the energy to find the sacks, hurries, pressures numbers. Suffice to say that Mahomes was under duress. He found a way. Kinda like this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PatrickMahomes5</a> whippin&#39; it sidearm ��<br><br>��: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/INDvsKC?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#INDvsKC</a> on NBC <a href="https://t.co/BI6liBzLRd">pic.twitter.com/BI6liBzLRd</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1084229789957799936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LGOLED 01-14-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14037911)
Yea the pats D is going to do what every other team (including themselves) failed to this year.. hold the chiefs under 26.

lol

Funny you mention that, because your offense only had 26 legitimate offensive points. 14 if your points came from a kick return inside the 3 yard line and from a turnover in our own end. That was with Hunt in your lineup, and without JC Jackson in ours.

RollChiefsRoll 01-14-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037938)
Funny you mention that, because your offense only had 26 legitimate offensive points. 14 if your points came from a kick return inside the 3 yard line and from a turnover in our own end. That was with Hunt in your lineup, and without JC Jackson in ours.

He really nailed you there.

notorious 01-14-2019 02:00 PM

I see that dumb****itis is trying to infest this board.

jjjayb 01-14-2019 02:01 PM

This game is at Arrowhead. The Pats won't be able to tape our walk-throughs or spy on us. There's a reason the Pats lost the last 3 conference championships that were away from home.

gold_and_red 01-14-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Just like how your last two SB wins came from critical turnovers from Wilson and Ryan? What were the Chiefs supposed to do? Not score and suck up to Brady like you?

BleedingRed 01-14-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Justin Houston/Eric Berry..........

LGOLED 01-14-2019 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 14037946)
This game is at Arrowhead. The Pats won't be able to tape our walk-throughs or spy on us. There's a reason the Pats lost the last 3 conference championships that were away from home.

What happened in the other ones on the road that we won? I recall Brady dropping 40+ points on the #1 defense in 2004 AFCCG.

DJJasonp 01-14-2019 02:03 PM

SHould we start the go-fund-me now for a certain brave hotel employee that can "accidentally" trigger a 3am fire alarm???

You know, turnaround being fair play and all.......

LGOLED 01-14-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14037953)
Justin Houston/Eric Berry..........

We've neutralized much better pass rushers than Houston. Will Berry actually be playing, or is he still ailing from a torn vagina?

BleedingRed 01-14-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGOLED (Post 14037954)
What happened in the other ones on the road that we won? I recall Brady dropping 40+ points on the #1 defense in 2004 AFCCG.

I recall Brady getting his ass stomped the last time he played at ArrowHead

gold_and_red 01-14-2019 02:04 PM

Quote:

Big Ben threw 3 INTs in that game. So only KC offense benefits from turnovers not Brady right? Moron...

Sassy Squatch 01-14-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

LMAO This is the same dumbass that kept pumping up Chung as the ultimate tool to stop Kelce.

Johnny Vegas 01-14-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Brady was 27 y/o too

-King- 01-14-2019 02:05 PM

As long as we score more points than they do, we should win.