ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How are you holding up? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330063)

George Liquor 03-22-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14859903)
8 overall
Minus 1 for retirement hit
Minus 1 for pulling a fraz and shooting a hole in the kitchen floor
Wife is pissed
sec

Booze and guns dont mix :doh!:

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-22-2020 06:52 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UcuAI57eYSw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 03-22-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14860097)
Grandson brought his.22 in w a shell jammed in it he wanted me to dig out.
My bad I assumed it was spent.
Messed w it for a couple minutes and couldn’t get it out.
Aimed it at the floor and pulled the trigger.
Shot a hole in the floor between the stove and the sink.
Supper ended right then
Like I said, my bad.
sec

Sucks man.

But I can’t help but laugh. At least you had it pointed at the floor.

Bad news is women never forget.

seclark 03-22-2020 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14860148)
Sucks man.

But I can’t help but laugh. At least you had it pointed at the floor.

Bad news is women never forget.

Right there between her feet where she stands doing the dishes.
She won’t forget.
sec

Bugeater 03-22-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14860166)
She won’t forget.
sec

LMAO I think you picked up a little sumpthin' about storytelling from ol' Uncle Ernie.

displacedinMN 03-22-2020 07:32 PM

Bless you sec. You will be social distancing for the next month on the couch.

Bwana 03-22-2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

She won’t forget.
sec

Well at least the fridge survived. ;)

Megatron96 03-22-2020 09:27 PM

Just realized that I was 25-0 in my spring Pool League. Had an 11-game lead over 2nd place. Now who knows when we'll finish or if they'll decide to cancel the season. Damn. That's a minus 1 right there.

Sorry 03-22-2020 09:32 PM

Quote:

Supper ended right then
Like I said, my bad.
sec

Prime example of why you always treat a gun as if it’s loaded. Glad you didn’t blast your foot off

Rain Man 03-22-2020 09:58 PM

Quote:

She won’t forget.
sec

It would be pretty cool if you accidentally discovered that being shot in the foot is an effective vaccine for the virus.

Megatron96 03-22-2020 10:09 PM

You can kill me now, I have nothing left to live for . . .

Belgium Health Minister Maggie de Block has put a ban on all non-essential sexual activities of persons 3 or greater in indoor areas.
Health Minister de Block announced today that, effective immediately, “non-essential” sexual activities of 3 people or more are banned in Belgium to combat the spread of COVID-19.

De Block said she was forced to act swiftly because of Belgium’s reputation as being the “beer-drinking” and “group sex capital of Europe.”

"https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/belgium-health-minister-puts-ban-on-non-essential-sexual-activities-of-persons-3-or-greater-in-indoor-areas/?fbclid=IwAR3gi37pv5RqV3Nt4U6uKbAjXhWymNADtxeUoKoy5UZVGOtQ92khG51Cuj8"https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/belgium-health-minister-puts-ban-on-non-essential-sexual-activities-of-persons-3-or-greater-in-indoor-areas/?fbclid=IwAR3gi37pv5RqV3Nt4U6uKbAjXhWymNADtxeUoKoy5UZVGOtQ92khG51Cuj8

scho63 03-22-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14858562)
I gave it an 8.

1. I'm getting 20 hours a week OT at Amazon plus we got a $2 an hour raise until April 30th so my checks are jumping up nice

2. I'm doing 90% of what I normally do with little change

3. NEGATIVE is I miss sitting at the bar of my favorite restaurants and I'm sick of the same shit for takeout on my dinner break at Amazon.

Aside from that, all good.

I'm amending my answer to 9 as I just found out today that our raise for OT is now DOUBLE TIME instead of TIME AND A HALF!!!! :thumb::thumb:

LiveSteam 03-22-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14860181)
LMAO I think you picked up a little sumpthin' about storytelling from ol' Uncle Ernie.

Hahahaha hahaha. Yup

LiveSteam 03-22-2020 10:59 PM

Double time. Thats awesome.. Glad someone is banking

rabblerouser 03-22-2020 11:00 PM

Got a 90% on my algebra test and now I'm reading Vietnam - A History for funsies on spring break.

muddyjello 03-22-2020 11:12 PM

I'm personally doing okay but I just keep hearing about so many close friends and family who have lost employment.

BigRedChief 03-22-2020 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 14860190)
Bless you sec. You will be social distancing for the next month on the couch.

LMAO

luv 03-23-2020 07:01 AM

Until walking into a 60* office this morning because our attorney who is always opening windows and shit turned the ****ing AC on over the weekend, I've been doing fine.

KurtCobain 03-23-2020 07:20 AM

If anybody's workplace is filled with turmoil and uncertainty today like mine is, I feel you.

Bugeater 03-23-2020 07:23 AM

Uncertainty has been the name of the game for a while now. Turmoil? I'd blame the employer for that.

Easy 6 03-23-2020 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14860734)
If anybody's workplace is filled with turmoil and uncertainty today like mine is, I feel you.

My boss walked in this morning and said that anyone worried about their health is free to go home and sign up for unemployment, and their jobs will not be in jeopardy

So I’m feeling MUCH better right about now, two weeks seems like a good cooling off period to me, maybe longer if things continue to get worse

I feel for those who’d rather hunker down but can’t, it’s a worrisome time

SAUTO 03-23-2020 07:40 AM

Quote:

Supper ended right then
Like I said, my bad.
sec

i did this once with a 12 gauge... almost word for word. i still feel stupid

BigRedChief 03-23-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14860742)
My boss walked in this morning and said that anyone worried about their health is free to go home and sign up for unemployment, and their jobs will not be in jeopardy

So I’m feeling MUCH better right about now, two weeks seems like a good cooling off period to me, maybe longer if things continue to get worse

:thumb: That is good news for ya

Easy 6 03-23-2020 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14860776)
:thumb: That is good news for ya

Yeah money isn’t everything, and I’m no spring chicken with two risk factors... was super grateful to her for being so cool about it

The Franchise 03-23-2020 08:43 AM

My office is at least closed to the public starting today. Still have to get an election set up though. I’m going to be pissed if I put in all of this work and then they postpone it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-23-2020 08:53 AM

I'm dealing with a lot of guilt over self-isolating when I know that my work is short-staffed, but given my immune suppression from chemo, I know it's the right move. We've got a decent amount of money in checking and savings to carry us through the next few months, and even if I end up losing my job from this, I can live with that.

luv 03-23-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 14860742)

I would love to be at home, but I'd have to use vacation time since we can't afford to not have income coming in. I'm waiting until non-essential businesses are ordered to close, especially since it's going to take that for us to do so. My boss thinks this entire thing is being blown out of proportion and we should all just man up. Thankfully, my boyfriend was high enough up in his restaurant that he is not out of a job, and, so far, daycare is still open. That would be the other thing that would make me have to miss work.

luv 03-23-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14860844)
My office is at least closed to the public starting today. Still have to get an election set up though. I’m going to be pissed if I put in all of this work and then they postpone it.

Our municipal elections scheduled for April 7 have been postponed until June.

Fat Elvis 03-23-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 14860860)
I'm dealing with a lot of guilt over self-isolating when I know that my work is short-staffed, but given my immune suppression from chemo, I know it's the right move. We've got a decent amount of money in checking and savings to carry us through the next few months, and even if I end up losing my job from this, I can live with that.

You pretty much have job security. Pharmacists are always in demand. (Nice career choice)

Easy 6 03-23-2020 09:08 AM

Quote:

Didn’t know you were battling cancer, damn man very sorry to hear that

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 14860866)
I would love to be at home, but I'd have to use vacation time since we can't afford to not have income coming in. I'm waiting until non-essential businesses are ordered to close, especially since it's going to take that for us to do so. My boss thinks this entire thing is being blown out of proportion and we should all just man up. Thankfully, my boyfriend was high enough up in his restaurant that he is not out of a job, and, so far, daycare is still open. That would be the other thing that would make me have to miss work.

As with Hamas above, very sorry to hear about the tight spot you and yours are in... wish there was an easy answer for you, and everyone else out there in the same predicament

It’s gotta be agonizing, and your boss is a freaking moron :shake:

displacedinMN 03-23-2020 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 14860869)
Our municipal elections scheduled for April 7 have been postponed until June.

This is why I believe more schools will close for longer times

OH MY IT HAPPENED

Buehler445 03-23-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

You’re good. I think You’re exactly the person that should be self quarantining.

I’d be surprised if there were a ton of job losses over this.

Rasputin 03-23-2020 09:45 AM

Quote:

Jobs smob who gives a **** about the job you are too valuable of a Chiefs Planeter to be doing work in time like this just keep from getting the C19 you dig?

And Kick Cancers ass

Frazod 03-23-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14859903)
8 overall
Minus 1 for retirement hit
Minus 1 for pulling a fraz and shooting a hole in the kitchen floor
Wife is pissed
sec

For the record, I did NOT shoot a hole in the floor. :harumph:

I shot a hole in the wall, the pantry door, and the bottom of the side of the refrigerator door. After that, the bullet rolled harmlessly onto the kitchen floor.

But the floor was fine. :D

Predarat 03-23-2020 10:35 AM

6 - could be better but could be much worse. Still have a job for now but if cutbacks happen and I get axed, not much out there right now.

Iowanian 03-23-2020 11:23 AM

Quote:

She won’t forget.
sec

Sorry bud, you're ****ed.

Within the first year or two of brideowanian moving in I made a couple of miscalculations that still come up all the time, including this week.

For years as a bachelor I boiled eggs and I had done it a number of times in the microwave ina bowl of water. Brideowanian tells me I'm an idiot and that you can't do that. I respond that I'm a grown ass man with large hairy testicles, a master of fire and my domain...and that I can boil a damn egg any way I see fit. She retires upstairs to shower or something.

Place 6 eggs in water, place in microwave, set timer to 3 minutes....walk into other room.

BOOM!!
The house shakes.....massive noise comes from the kitchen. A foul, egg fart smell fogs through the house. I walk in.....the door is hanging off of the microwave, the entire kitchen looks like a suicide bomber hit the Humpty Dumpty family reunion. Eggs on the far wall, eggs on the ceiling. Don't ask me how,but it happensed.

She shouted down asking what in the hell that was and what the smell was....I say noting and scurry to try to hide the egg family corpses. It's no use. She gets down in time to see the destruction.

She will bitch at me during my funeral on that one.

Pablo 03-23-2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14861106)

Within the first year or two of brideowanian moving in I made a couple of miscalculations that still come up all the time, including this week.

For years as a bachelor I boiled eggs and I had done it a number of times in the microwave ina bowl of water. Brideowanian tells me I'm an idiot and that you can't do that. I respond that I'm a grown ass man with large hairy testicles, a master of fire and my domain...and that I can boil a damn egg any way I see fit. She retires upstairs to shower or something.

Place 6 eggs in water, place in microwave, set timer to 3 minutes....walk into other room.

BOOM!!
The house shakes.....massive noise comes from the kitchen. A foul, egg fart smell fogs through the house. I walk in.....the door is hanging off of the microwave, the entire kitchen looks like a suicide bomber hit the Humpty Dumpty family reunion. Eggs on the far wall, eggs on the ceiling. Don't ask me how,but it happensed.

She shouted down asking what in the hell that was and what the smell was....I say noting and scurry to try to hide the egg family corpses. It's no use. She gets down in time to see the destruction.

LMAO

I've never boiled eggs in the microwave before, but if I ever get the itch to I certainly won't now.

Setsuna 03-23-2020 11:39 AM

We good!

seclark 03-23-2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 14861106)

BOOM!!

:clap:
she's been working at home for a week.
i've been sent home today to work.:eek:
brrrr, it's cold around here.
sec

Bugeater 03-23-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14861172)
sec

I have a guest room, you're welcome to it as long as you need it. But I will have to spray you down with bleach before you can enter.

seclark 03-23-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14861194)
I have a guest room, you're welcome to it as long as you need it. But I will have to spray you down with bleach before you can enter.

thanks, but 40years, she can surely get over it.
there's a damn pandemic going on for crying out loud.
sec

Saulbadguy 03-23-2020 12:00 PM

15/10.

stumppy 03-23-2020 12:17 PM

I have all four of my grandchildren from 7:00 to 7:00. And they're not the younger cute, sweet, easy to take care of kind. One is a preteen pms'ing bitchy shit and her sister ain't far behind both boys think their job is to irritate the hell out of the girls all day long.

How the **** do you think I'm doing?

seclark 03-23-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861251)
I have all four of my grandchildren from 7:00 to 7:00. And they're not the younger cute, sweet, easy to take care of kind. One is a preteen pms'ing bitchy shit and her sister ain't far behind both boys think their job is to irritate the hell out of the girls all day long.

i know how you feel. screaming at em don't work anymore. it's like, you gotta shoot a ****in hole in the floor and piss off grandma to shut them all up any more.
sec

Frazod 03-23-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

sec

Should be much easier to patch a .22 bullet hole that it was to spackle the wall, remount a new pantry door and bondo the fridge.

stumppy 03-23-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 14861262)
i know how you feel. screaming at em don't work anymore. it's like, you gotta shoot a ****in hole in the floor and piss off grandma to shut them all up any more.
sec

:D

Yea, I've yanked my belt off so fast it looked like I was trying to start my lawn mower. Problem is the little shits know I'm mostly just threatening them. They're getting to big to go the spanking route. But they're not completely sure it's just threats.:evil:

Seriously though, they're not all that bad....but the two girls...at their ages...aauuuurrrrgghhhh! (Insert an emoji with a gun pointed to it's own head)

stumppy 03-23-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14861270)
Should be much easier to patch a .22 bullet hole that it was to spackle the wall, remount a new pantry door and bondo the fridge.

Then act like it never happened.

Mecca 03-23-2020 12:35 PM

Having a lot of video games is quite helpful.

Easy 6 03-23-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861284)
Yea, I've yanked my belt off so fast it looked like I was trying to start my lawn mower.

LMAO

Reerun_KC 03-23-2020 12:48 PM

Welp got the call today.

Both my son and I are laid off.

Easy 6 03-23-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14861330)
Welp got the call today.

Sorry to hear that, try to make the best of it

ChiTown 03-23-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Welp got the call today.

Sorry to hear, Brother. Hoping something comes along for you soon.

Otter 03-23-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Welp got the call today.

I'm sorry to hear that, bro.

This is the perfect time to do some online classes. Something certified that you can add to your resume would be ideal and making lemonade from lemons.

That's what I've been doing. Work has come to a virtual halt here as well and it's starting to look like a ghost town outside.

I think we'll all come out of this fine but it's gonna get Rosie & Whoopie ugly.

Pablo 03-23-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861251)

I'd be chugging grandpa's cough syrup at an alarming rate if I were you.

I've just got a 3 year old boy. I didn't know a single child could say "Daddy" that many times in a day. Sometimes I'll ignore him until he gets to like the 8th one, but he just comes over and tugs on me at that point anyhow.

Frazod 03-23-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861286)
Then act like it never happened.

Or post about it on ChiefsPlanet. :banghead:

keg in kc 03-23-2020 01:25 PM

No complaints. Had scheduled this week off from work for months, parents were going to visit. They've stayed in Hawaii instead of flying back to the States, so I'm just playing video games, cleaning, watching TV, and so on. Supposed to return to work Sunday, but I doubt my job working grounds at a golf course will be considered essential to the powers that be. Bills are all paid and have a few weeks of food, so I'm okay for now.

BigRedChief 03-23-2020 01:46 PM

Quote:

sec

So you weren’t banished to the couch?;)

Reerun_KC 03-23-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 14861387)
I'm sorry to hear that, bro.

This is the perfect time to do some online classes. Something certified that you can add to your resume would be ideal and making lemonade from lemons.

That's what I've been doing. Work has come to a virtual halt here as well and it's starting to look like a ghost town outside.

I think we'll all come out of this fine but it's gonna get Rosie & Whoopie ugly.

I am actually signed up for some online classes... Im not going into detail as of what, but learning a new potential hobby/trade.

Im spending the day calling all the creditors and discussing options. They seem to all be in good moods and very willing to help you in anyway possible.

Bugeater 03-23-2020 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14861391)

Where you get to relive it every six months or so when someone brings it up!

dmahurin 03-23-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Welp got the call today.

My job is hiring in Lees Summit. Lab tech's testing mostly corona samples currently. Some jobs just require high school diploma, some require college. Full time, part time, days, nights, pretty much everything available. Benefits, PTO, 401 matching all that good stuff.

https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/...=LANCASTERLABS

Hiring is happening quickly from what I understand. The lab is understaffed and needing people.

scho63 03-23-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14860734)

The Prison Laundry? :D

Frazod 03-23-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14861468)
Where you get to relive it every six months or so when someone brings it up!

FWIW, Iowanian's story makes me feel much better. He did more damage to his kitchen with eggs than I did with a .38. LMAO

Reerun_KC 03-23-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 14861492)
My job is hiring in Lees Summit. Lab tech's testing mostly corona samples currently. Some jobs just require high school diploma, some require college. Full time, part time, days, nights, pretty much everything available. Benefits, PTO, 401 matching all that good stuff.

https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/...=LANCASTERLABS

Hiring is happening quickly from what I understand. The lab is understaffed and needing people.

Thats awesome!

Were in OKC...

Bugeater 03-23-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14861501)
FWIW, Iowanian's story makes me feel much better. He did more damage to his kitchen with eggs than I did with a .38. LMAO

I'm sure the smell of gunpowder disperses a bit more quickly than that of foul eggs as well.

Frazod 03-23-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14861522)
I'm sure the smell of gunpowder disperses a bit more quickly than that of foul eggs as well.

Also, my refrigerator still works. :)

stumppy 03-23-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14861391)

Boy have I learned that lesson. I've found it best not to ever mention CP to anyone you're in a relationship with.

Bugeater 03-23-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861548)
Boy have I learned that lesson. I've found it best not to ever mention CP to anyone you're in a relationship with.

Oh hell, I had pretty much completely forgotten about badgranny. You're definitely overdue for some shit about that...thanks for the reminder!

stumppy 03-23-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861548)

I have paid the price for that mistake.:D

Now, do not type that name again. 3 times and she'll appear.

Ubeja Vontell 03-23-2020 02:30 PM

Making it great so far, obviously missing....

NBA
NCAA Final Four
the rasslin'
going to miss the Olympics

....but have tons of books, music to get into, will survive this.

Bugeater 03-23-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861567)
I have paid the price for that mistake.:D

Now, do not type that name again. 3 times and she'll appear.

Oh, I just did way worse than that. LMAO

stumppy 03-23-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14861588)
Oh, I just did way worse than that. LMAO

This could mean WAR!

Bugeater 03-23-2020 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14861592)
This could mean WAR!

Oh I'm sure it will. But we need a distraction from all the COVID nonsense.

Bugeater 03-23-2020 02:40 PM

Just keep in mind if you come to my house to kill me you'll be in violation of social distancing protocols.

Buehler445 03-23-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Welp got the call today.

You were flying private?

I presume the Mrs is essential. I’d hate to be without her positions.

stumppy 03-23-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14861601)
Just keep in mind if you come to my house to kill me you'll be in violation of social distancing protocols.

:D

Reerun_KC 03-23-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14861613)
You were flying private?

I presume the Mrs is essential. I’d hate to be without her positions.

Yes she is essential and without here we would be so hosed...

I might be heading your way if nothing comes along.

Yes was flying private and commercially, but with all the travel restrictions, everyone is sitting at home.

KurtCobain 03-23-2020 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14861493)
The Prison Laundry? :D

Not a fun job.

kc rush 03-23-2020 04:25 PM

My wife got a call today that she is taking a pay cut. There are a number of people in her company being laid off, so we are lucky relatively speaking.

Talked with my boss and was told that we are in a hiring freeze and promotions are being suspended for the time being.

Hopefully work gets back to somewhat normal in the next month.

We'll see.

Good luck everyone.

ToxSocks 03-23-2020 04:31 PM

My son is sick. Very mild cold that quite frankly, if not for this COVID19 thing, would be a non-issue. He's got a mild cough and a slight, mild fever that peaked at 100.5.

He's been quarantined in his room for the past 4 days and he's loving it. On the "sick scale" of 1-10 he's about a 3 or a 4. But he gets to sit on his ass all day and play games and close his door off to the world while mom brings him everything to his door. LMAO

Easy 6 03-23-2020 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14861890)
My son is sick. Very mild cold that quite frankly, if not for this COVID19 thing, would be a non-issue. He's got a mild cough and a slight, mild fever that peaked at 100.5.

He's been quarantined in his room for the past 4 days and he's loving it. On the "sick scale" of 1-10 he's about a 3 or a 4. But he gets to sit on his ass all day and play games and close his door off to the world while mom brings him everything to his door. LMAO

Heh, that’s a great story from the front lines and slice of everyday life all at once... cool story bro, stay safe