ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Chargers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333526)

displacedinMN 09-18-2020 05:50 AM

Had a kid ask who the Chiefs played this week. I said Chargers in LA. In a new stadium with no fans.

He said-So just like any other Charger games. He gets it.

JD10367 09-18-2020 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 15175020)
I am not saying the Chargers are going to win, but I have watched enough football to know that not taking a team seriously, and looking ahead to rivalry type game, is a recipe for an unexpected loss.

You really cannot look ahead in the NFL. The Patriots were looking forward to having a bye, thinking that the Dolphins were just going to roll over because they had nothing to play for and a win would hurt their draft position.

Uhh... No. Even as a Patriots fan, you CANNOT compare those situations. Yes, the Patriots and Chiefs both finished 12-4, and the Dolphins and Chargers both finished 5-11. That's where the similarity ends. Since the start of the 2013 season, the Patriots are 9-6 against Miami, including 4 losses in their second late-season meeting 4 of the past 5 years. Since the beginning of the 2014 season, the Chargers are 1-11 against the Chiefs. The Dolphins always play the Pats tough, especially in the second meeting. And the Chiefs are light years better than the Patriots. In hindsight, the Patriots were paper tigers last season. They beat up on the Little Sisters of the Poor for the most part, and lost to the only three good teams they faced (Ravens, Texans, Chiefs) before losing to the Titans in the playoffs. You people need to stop thinking like pre-2019 Chiefs fans. The Chiefs should hang 30+ on this Chargers team with ease and there's no way they should realistically give up more than 10 points when the game is still in doubt. Maybe the Chargers score in garbage time to make it look better but this should be a 34-21 game that isn't that close.

FloridaMan88 09-18-2020 08:27 AM

Anthony Lynn has been throwing Phyllis under the bus during his press conferences this week.

“If we didn’t keep turning the ball over we would have beaten the Chiefs”, referring to the recent match-ups.

Not subtle.

Dante84 09-18-2020 09:27 AM

Let's get through this one healthy, with a nice W.

Baltimore looming week 3. Think we go vanilla and save some good stuff for Lamar and the bois?

BigCatDaddy 09-18-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15175263)

Baltimore looming week 3. Think we go vanilla and save some good stuff for Lamar and the bois?

It will be nice to have big Mike Pennell back for that one.

Dante84 09-18-2020 10:02 AM

You have to think Spags has been planning some wild shit for that game (Baltimore).

With the expanded playoffs, only the 1 seed gets a BYE now, so it's one of the most critical, if not the most critical, games of the season.

FloridaMan88 09-18-2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15175263)

It will actually be good preparation for Baltimore, as the Chargers are trying to run a similar type of rush heavy offense (unfortunately for them Tyrod Taylor is not Lamar Jackson).

DRM08 09-18-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15175313)
You have to think Spags has been planning some wild shit for that game (Baltimore).

With the expanded playoffs, only the 1 seed gets a BYE now, so it's one of the most critical, if not the most critical, games of the season.

Kinda feels like every game is critical. Would not shock me if Baltimore goes 14-2 again (or better). Obviously KC has to beat them, no question. But also gotta win pretty much every other game as well.

Dante84 09-18-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15175324)
Kinda feels like every game is critical. Would not shock me if Baltimore goes 14-2 again (or better). Obviously KC has to beat them, no question. But also gotta win pretty much every other game as well.

Good point, head to head would only matter for tie-break.

Whew. Puts a lot of pressure on being the 1.

cmh6476 09-18-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 15175012)
Chiefs have won the last 11 /12 and 6 straight on the road Vs the Dolts.

Talk about domination.

and that BS 2018 Thursday night game should have been a win

DRM08 09-18-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15175335)
Good point, head to head would only matter for tie-break.

Whew. Puts a lot of pressure on being the 1.

I just thought of something. What if these teams did not play each other in regular season and both of them went 16-0? That would be pretty wild. And it begs the question of who would be the #1 seed?

Mecca 09-18-2020 10:30 AM

Baltimore is a prime regression candidate it's weird how people don't see that.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-18-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15175352)
Baltimore is a prime regression candidate it's weird how people don't see that.

Regression to what? 13-3, 12-4 at worst?

They looked like the 2019 Ravens last weekend.

FloridaMan88 09-18-2020 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15175356)

It seems unlikely Lamar Jackson is going to stay healthy for an entire season again based on his style of play.

keg in kc 09-18-2020 10:36 AM

It'll be interesting to see how Baltimore looks against Houston. And then I think we beat them worse than we ever have in the past.

The Franchise 09-18-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:

They also played the ****ing Browns.

UChieffyBugger 09-18-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

They beat the mighty Browns who struggled against Cinci last night. I watched the Ravens game and it was the same old story...Lamar mainly throwing to Andrews down the middle of the field and their defense was getting gashed by the run. The Ravens are a confidence team. Great when things are going their way but as soon as someone punches back like the Chiefs and Titans did last year, they fold quickly.

RunKC 09-18-2020 10:45 AM

Chiefs, Steelers, Patriots and one surprise L. I think Ravens go 12-4

staylor26 09-18-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15175359)
It seems unlikely Lamar Jackson is going to stay healthy for an entire season again based on his style of play.

If they continue to have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead like they did week 1 (and all of last year), they’re just asking for it at this point.

Dante84 09-18-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15175344)
I just thought of something. What if these teams did not play each other in regular season and both of them went 16-0? That would be pretty wild. And it begs the question of who would be the #1 seed?

It would go to something like strength of schedule or strength of victory

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules...ng-procedures/

Megatron96 09-18-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15175369)
They beat the mighty Browns who struggled against Cinci last night. I watched the Ravens game and it was the same old story...Lamar mainly throwing to Andrews down the middle of the field and their defense was getting gashed by the run. The Ravens are a confidence team. Great when things are going their way but as soon as someone punches back like the Chiefs and Titans did last year, they fold quickly.

This entire take is completely wrong.

DRM08 09-18-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15175359)

Same statement applies to Russell Wilson, but he has been extremely durable for 8+ years. Lamar has had fewer injury problems than Mahomes so far. All it takes is one bad play to cause huge problems for any of these guys.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-18-2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15175344)

Whoever has the better conference record is the #1 seed. If it’s the same than they go by strength of schedule. Hardest strength of schedule is #1 seed

FloridaMan88 09-18-2020 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15175376)
Same statement applies to Russell Wilson, but he has been extremely durable for 8+ years. Lamar has had fewer injury problems than Mahomes so far. All it takes is one bad play to cause huge problems for any of these guys.

Russell Wilson scrambles a lot and takes hits, but his game is not based on rushing the football as much as Lamar Jackson.

The better comparison to Lamar Jackson's style of play is Cam Newton who has been injured a lot.

UChieffyBugger 09-18-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15175374)
This entire take is completely wrong.

Your response is bs.

staylor26 09-18-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15175385)
Russell Wilson scrambles a lot and takes hits, but his game is not based on rushing the football as much as Lamar Jackson.

The better comparison to Lamar Jackson's style of play is Cam Newton who has been injured a lot.

And there’s a huge difference in size between Cam and Lamar.

I don’t know how people can look at his frame and playing style and not see the inevitability of injury.

Like I said, they have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead. They’re playing with fire every single week.

ToxSocks 09-18-2020 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15175394)

I don’t know how people can look at his frame and playing style and not see the inevitability of injury.

Like I said, they have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead. They’re playing with fire every single week.

Cam doesn't run like Lamar.

Cam tries to bulldoze people with his massive frame.

Lamar more often than not gets low, slides, gets out of bounds etc. He does more to avoid contact, while at times, Cam goes looking for contact.

I don't think it's a good comparison.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-18-2020 11:13 AM

“They beat the Browns”....

By 32. It’s not like they squeaked by.

staylor26 09-18-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15175403)
Cam doesn't run like Lamar.

Cam tries to bulldoze people with his massive frame.

Lamar more often than not gets low, slides, gets out of bounds etc. He does more to avoid contact, while at times, Cam goes looking for contact.

I don't think it's a good comparison.

I understand your point and agree, the comparison is more about reliance on the run, but Lamar was taking shots left and right towards the end of last year and he took some week 1.

Teams are starting to realize you have to hit him when you get a chance, and they are.

Regardless, the way he’s built, I think a non-contact injury could just as easily be what does him in. Running around that much is dangerous outside of just getting hit.

DRM08 09-18-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15175394)

I agree that they should be more careful with him. But he doesn't really take the massive hits that Cam did. Lamar is super quick, and he's pretty smart about getting out of bounds as well (for the most part).

In terms of injury for Lamar, I think it more likely that he blows out a knee doing one of his crazy juke moves. This happened to Deshaun Watson in practice with nobody touching him.

staylor26 09-18-2020 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15175420)
I agree that they should be more careful with him. But he doesn't really take the massive hits that Cam did. Lamar is super quick, and he's pretty smart about getting out of bounds as well (for the most part).

In terms of injury for Lamar, I think it more likely that he blows out a knee doing one of his crazy juke moves. This happened to Deshaun Watson in practice with nobody touching him.

Again, he wasn’t taking shots early on, but talking about the end of the year last year and week 1 he’s been taking them way too often. If you’re going to run around that much, guys are going to get their shots.

Also, if you look at my post above yours, I totally agree that it could just as easily be a non-contact injury that does him in. The risk of both is fairly high considering his playing style and build.

DRM08 09-18-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15175430)
Again, he wasn’t taking shots early on, but talking about the end of the year last year and week 1 he’s been taking them way too often. If you’re going to run around that much, guys are going to get their shots.

Also, if you look at my post above yours, I totally agree that it could just as easily be a non-contact injury that does him in.

We posted at the exact same time, lol

The Franchise 09-18-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15175414)

And no one is claiming they’re a shitty team. If they go 14-2 this season....it’s because they have an easy ass schedule.....not because they’re this world beater of a team.

DRM08 09-18-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15175435)
And no one is claiming they’re a shitty team. If they go 14-2 this season....it’s because they have an easy ass schedule.....not because they’re this world beater of a team.

Weakest schedule in the league. How does this happen for a team that went 14-2 the year before? Smh.

https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com...-schedule.html

UChieffyBugger 09-18-2020 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15175414)

The Ravens have two inexperienced safties in their secondary and their pass-rush was ranked the WORST at the weekend.. giving Baker more time to throw than all other qb's, and Baker still wet the bed.

staylor26 09-18-2020 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15175442)
Weakest schedule in the league. How does this happen for a team that went 14-2 the year before? Smh.

They play the garbage AFCS And NFCE.

Megatron96 09-18-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15175369)

Okay, dumbass, let's look at the facts. You say that the Browns struggled against CIN last night.

The Browns scored 35 points, all on offense, so no scores on fumble returns, pick-6s, or whatever. They manufactured five TDs on offense, two through the air by Baker and three on the ground between Hunt and Chubb.

Combined the Browns offense gained 434 yards, 219 passing/215 yards rushing.

I could go on, but you get the point. The Browns didn't struggle at all. Here's the link to the full boxscore just to beat a dead horse:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220163

As for the Ravens, in week 3 last season the Chiefs had them down 30-13 going into the 4th Q, and they came back, led by Lamar's legs and arm, scoring 17 points before we salted them away with that last clock killing drive, so saying they just fold at the first sign of pressure is just stupid.

About the only remotely factual part of your comments is that Lamar does like to throw between the numbers.

UChieffyBugger 09-18-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15175445)
Okay, dumbass, let's look at the facts. You say that the Browns struggled against CIN last night.

The Browns scored 35 points, all on offense, so no scores on fumble returns, pick-6s, or whatever. They manufactured five TDs on offense, two through the air by Baker and three on the ground between Hunt and Chubb.

Combined the Browns offense gained 434 yards, 219 passing/215 yards rushing.

I could go on, but you get the point. The Browns didn't struggle at all. Here's the link to the full boxscore just to beat a dead horse:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220163

As for the Ravens, in week 3 last season the Chiefs had them down 30-13 going into the 4th Q, and they came back, led by Lamar's legs and arm, scoring 17 points before we salted them away with that last clock killing drive, so saying they just fold at the first sign of pressure is just stupid.

About the only remotely factual part of your comments is that Lamar does like to throw between the numbers.

Lol LIKE I SAID..YOUR RESPONSE WAS BS AND SO IS THIS LATEST "EFFORT" :)

1. The Browns won 35-30 against A VERY POOR team who is being lead by a damn rookie who had no pre-season games or rookie camp.

2. Last season the Ravens got behind by two scores against the Browns...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Chiefs...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Titans...AND WHAT HAPPENED? OH YES THEY LOST AGAIN. So spare me the futile "they faught back at arrowhead" crap...THEY LOST and the pattern is there for all to see....period.

RunKC 09-18-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15175444)
They play the garbage AFCS And NFCE.

The NFC South and NFC West are the only good divisions in the league. A couple others like the AFC North have 2 good teams but that’s really it.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-18-2020 11:56 AM

Y’all have me misunderstood I think. I expect the Chiefs to win the AFC. But I see no reason for Baltimore to lose more than 3-4 if Lamar is healthy.

13-3 minimum to get that 1 seed.

Easy 6 09-18-2020 11:59 AM

I'm sure that defense will make it tough on us for a little while, but the outcome isnt in doubt

Chiefs roll 30 - 20

Megatron96 09-18-2020 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 15175462)
Lol LIKE I SAID..YOUR RESPONSE WAS BS AND SO IS THIS LATEST "EFFORT" :)

1. The Browns won 35-30 against A VERY POOR team who is being lead by a damn rookie who had no pre-season games or rookie camp.

2. Last season the Ravens got behind by two scores against the Browns...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Chiefa...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Titans...AND WHAT HAPPENED? OH YES THEY LOST AGAIN. So spare me the futile "they faught back at arrowhead" crap...THEY LOST and the pattern is there for all to see....period.

Yes, pivot again, Donkey.

You said the browns struggled offensively last night, which they didn't. Period.

You said the Ravens fold under pressure, which they do not, period. The outcomes of those games is irrelevant to your original post, dipstick. I would say that you should learn to comprehend the English language, but that's clearly beyond your capabilities. Instead you pivot whenever you're called out on your dumbassery every single time. Like when you called for the Chiefs to go after Leveon Bell. Or to go after Antonio Brown, ffs.

Your and idiot, champ.

ToxSocks 09-18-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15175502)

You said the Ravens fold under pressure, which they do not, period.

Well....they certainly did against the Titans.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-18-2020 12:15 PM

Ward, Okafor, Saunders all OUT.

Going with the cautious approach early. Worked well for them last year.

Megatron96 09-18-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15175504)

Did they? Or did they lose their star RB early in the game, which changed the way they ran the ball? Did they go into that game with one or two of their star receivers dinged up? Did they have a defensive gaffe that put them down early and then the Ravens OC went a little mental to close the half?

Context is everything. But the question wasn't did they win or lose. The question was "do the Ravens fold under pressure?" Do they quit as a team? I don't think they do. I think the players are real honest-to-God football players with a real top-tier HC. They just ended up going into that game a little beat up, made a a couple uncharacteristic mental errors and the game got away from them.

Let's not forget that a lot of people were saying similar things about the Chiefs as recently as going into the playoffs last season on national TV. Mostly because of the Ls we took against the Pats twice in 2018, and in that circus in LA against the Rams. It was all over the networks about how the Chiefs couldn't win in big games, that KC folded under pressure.

Which was categorically a bunch of BS. The team never quit in any of those games. Twice the Chiefs absorbed double digit deficits and came back in those games and actually outscored the Patriots in the second halves. And it was just bad luck that the Chiefs lost that Rams game.

All I'm saying is that the Ravens aren't some puffed up team; they can play football and they aren't going to be easy to beat just because UQueefyIdiot thinks so.

TRR 09-18-2020 12:16 PM

Ward, Okafor, and Saunders all out for Sunday. Big challenge for Fenton, Sneed, and Hamilton.

ToxSocks 09-18-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 15175547)
Ward, Okafor, and Saunders all out for Sunday. Big challenge for Fenton, Sneed, and Hamilton.

Maybe if Tyrod Taylor wasn't the QB....

DRM08 09-18-2020 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15175546)
Did they? Or did they lose their star RB early in the game, which changed the way they ran the ball? Did they go into that game with one or two of their star receivers dinged up? Did they have a defensive gaffe that put them down early and then the Ravens OC went a little mental to close the half?

Context is everything. But the question wasn't did they win or lose. The question was "do the Ravens fold under pressure?" Do they quit as a team? I don't think they do. I think the players are real honest-to-God football players with a real top-tier HC. They just ended up going into that game a little beat up, made a a couple uncharacteristic mental errors and the game got away from them.

Let's not forget that a lot of people were saying similar things about the Chiefs as recently as going into the playoffs last season on national TV. Mostly because of the Ls we took against the Pats twice in 2018, and in that circus in LA against the Rams. It was all over the networks about how the Chiefs couldn't win in big games, that KC folded under pressure.

Which was categorically a bunch of BS. The team never quit in any of those games. Twice the Chiefs absorbed double digit deficits and came back in those games and actually outscored the Patriots in the second halves. And it was just bad luck that the Chiefs lost that Rams game.

All I'm saying is that the Ravens aren't some puffed up team; they can play football and they aren't going to be easy to beat just because UQueefyIdiot thinks so.

They choked pretty bad against the Chargers 2 years ago. Same Chargers team got blown out a week later by New England.

In terms of the Tennessee game, there were a lot of mistakes from Baltimore. They had the equivalent of 5 turnovers when you include failed 4th down attempts. In the 2nd half, they weren't really able to make the strong charge to win that ballgame. Tennessee was in control the entire time, and Baltimore ended up with a bunch of empty yards during garbage time. That's pretty different from KC storming back to take the lead against New England.

I think the Ravens are a damn good team, but they need to step up their performance in the playoffs. I'm sure they would agree with that statement. We'll see if they can do it this year.

FloridaMan88 09-18-2020 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15175442)

They get the NFC Least on their schedule this year and the Browns/Bengals are in their division.

UChieffyBugger 09-18-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15175502)
Yes, pivot again, Donkey.

You said the browns struggled offensively last night, which they didn't. Period.

You said the Ravens fold under pressure, which they do not, period. The outcomes of those games is irrelevant to your original post, dipstick. I would say that you should learn to comprehend the English language, but that's clearly beyond your capabilities. Instead you pivot whenever you're called out on your dumbassery every single time. Like when you called for the Chiefs to go after Leveon Bell. Or to go after Antonio Brown, ffs.

Your and idiot, champ.

Lol is this clown still yapping and spewing bs? Talking about "comprending english" then presents that last "idiot" sentence? Bwahahaha what melon :D

And where did i say the Browns struggled offensively you tool? Please present the evidence. Also i know you're a ravens groupie but if you don't think they folded umder pressure against Browns, Chiefs and ESPECIALLY the Titans then you're dumber than a sack of rocks. Number one seed, big home favourites went behind and then proceeded to miss two 4th and 1s, throw ints and give fumbles on the way to losing easily to a qb who barely threw ten passes...but dumbass thinks they did just fine lol :D

patteeu 09-18-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15162135)
Sammy is gonna eat again!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No flex I am apart of something special I have some of the best teammates and coaches that just get it we on a mission not to just win but to make each other better humans and along the way create a positive change and outlook in the world we are the chiefs..! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LIMITLESS14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LIMITLESS14</a></p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/1304491860442992642?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sammy is a lot better with his positive vibes mumbo jumbo than Russell Wilson is.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-18-2020 01:26 PM

Remember that drive we had like 29 seconds left and we kicked a fg. Osemele said he got in the huddle and Fisher looked at him and told him watch this lol

KChiefs1 09-18-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15175313)

It is the most important game on the schedule this season. That #1 seed is going to be vital.

RunKC 09-18-2020 07:05 PM

First time we get to see Mahomes+Tyreek play a real game in a dome.

Gonna be awesome

RINGLEADER 09-19-2020 12:53 AM

Just had an earthquake out here in LA. Even the earth shakes at the impending arrival of Mahomes and the Chiefs...lol

Simply Red 09-19-2020 01:03 AM

We are so thankful to have Spags.

duncan_idaho 09-19-2020 06:15 AM

Perusing Chargers fans on Twitter (they do exist) it seems that they have missed the existence of Clyde Edwards-Heilaire.

He was brought in specifically to deal with it when teams go light box and try to frustrate KC with 3-deep zones...

Also saw some poor sap suggest they man up with KC’s receivers AND keep a safety deep AND spy Mahomes...

Which leaves the OL 5x5 vs the other defenders and CEH unaccounted for. Yeah, do that shit. Lol.

crispystl 09-19-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15175493)
Y’all have me misunderstood I think. I expect the Chiefs to win the AFC. But I see no reason for Baltimore to lose more than 3-4 if Lamar is healthy.

13-3 minimum to get that 1 seed.

We HAVE to beat the ****ers next week. That’s about as big of a game as you can get in week 3. It’ll feel damn near like a playoff game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crispystl 09-19-2020 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15175504)

And the year before against the Chargers too ...Lamar plays like shit in playoff games.

crispystl 09-19-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15177172)
Perusing Chargers fans on Twitter (they do exist) it seems that they have missed the existence of Clyde Edwards-Heilaire.

He was brought in specifically to deal with it when teams go light box and try to frustrate KC with 3-deep zones...

Also saw some poor sap suggest they man up with KC’s receivers AND keep a safety deep AND spy Mahomes...

Which leaves the OL 5x5 vs the other defenders and CEH unaccounted for. Yeah, do that shit. Lol.

Yes please. Good lord lmao.

KChiefs1 09-19-2020 10:02 AM

Quote:

:drool:

pugsnotdrugs19 09-19-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

I think these sorts of things are exactly why Mahomes told Veach and Reid to go get Clyde. He knew that the biggest issues presented by defenses in 2019 could be addressed swiftly with just the addition of a legitimate running back.

The position has more value than I know I’ve given it credit for in recent years. When all the horses are healthy and running, their offense is an unsolvable dilemma for other teams.

Halfcan 09-19-2020 03:32 PM

Looking forward to beating these assholes for a 7th straight time on the road.

L.A. Chieffan 09-19-2020 03:47 PM

Anybody wanna tailgate outside the stadium and throw our empty beer cans at an empty 5 billion dollar hole in the ground?

Direckshun 09-19-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15175724)
Remember that drive we had like 29 seconds left and we kicked a fg. Osemele said he got in the huddle and Fisher looked at him and told him watch this lol

Where did you hear this?! I MUST hear it.

booger 09-19-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 15175547)

Saunders went to IR today. They signed DT Braxton Hoyett from the PS.

Megatron96 09-19-2020 11:15 PM

Interesting video from the Chargers' perspective of the comparison between their rookie RB and ours:
<iframe width="727" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GQkcI065QUQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coogs 09-20-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booger (Post 15178408)
Saunders went to IR today. They signed DT Braxton Hoyett from the PS.

I have dislocated both of my elbows. Not surprised by this.

cmh6476 09-20-2020 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 15161505)
Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?

Answer appears to be yes

Deberg_1990 09-20-2020 05:46 PM

Herbert looks like a gamer!

Bolts got a good one.