ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU Mizzou Basketball 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258449)

Saul Good 11-27-2012 07:57 PM

Funny that she texted Mike that he "used" her but told the cops he "raped" her.

SAUTO 11-27-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9157927)
The "I'm sorry" text? Yeah, dude was probably a little surprised that she backed that up by going down to the police station to talk about rape.

If he doesn't bolt right after she got him off, there's no story.

probably jizzed in her eye...
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 11-27-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9157938)
Funny that she texted Mike that he "used" her but told the cops he "raped" her.

The two are synonymous, aren't they?
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9157948)
probably jizzed in her eye...
Posted via Mobile Device

Do NOT do that without permission first.

You'll be amazed how personally they take it.

Saul Good 11-27-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157973)
Do NOT do that without permission first.

You'll be amazed how personally they take it.

I don't think I want to meet the girl who gives the go ahead on dotting the eye.

SPATCH 11-27-2012 08:09 PM

TIL that I also committed rape in college.

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9157860)
He probably didnt rape her, but it sounds like he was a douche about it

True.

So the university is now expelling students for being douchebags? That's what I don't get about this.

"Mr. Dixon, you were not a gentleman to the little lady, who merely wanted a platonic relationship (in her pajamas, in the dark, on her bed, kissing ...). We deem thee unworthy of being a True Son."

****. That. Shit.

Was that rule in force when I was in school there? If so, I know at least a dozen guys who fit that bill. And they graduated.

O.city 11-27-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9157992)
True.

So the university is now expelling students for being douchebags? That's what I don't get about this.

"Mr. Dixon, you were not a gentleman to the little lady, who merely wanted a platonic relationship (in her pajamas, in the dark, on her bed, kissing ...). We deem thee unworthy of being a True Son."

****. That. Shit.

Was that rule in force when I was in school there? If so, I know at least a dozen guys who fit that bill. And they graduated.

Did you go there for free? Did you sign something stating you would stay away from shit like this?

I'm not saying he should be suspended or should even miss games. But I do think these college athletes should be held to a higher standard than a refusal college student

duncan_idaho 11-27-2012 08:24 PM

Man, this is just a sad situation.

Wish this hadn't come out, for her sake and for his. Nobody comes out of this a winner.

Pretty clear why the DA did not press charges, though. No way in hell that would ever warrant a conviction.

There are rumors she wasn't just sending him texts after the night in question, too...

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158021)
Did you go there for free? Did you sign something stating you would stay away from shit like this?

I'm not saying he should be suspended or should even miss games. But I do think these college athletes should be held to a higher standard than a refusal college student

What did he do? What's the code he broke?

http://conduct.missouri.edu/?page_id=347

A. JURISDICTION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI generally shall be limited to conduct which occurs on the University of Missouri premises or at University-sponsored or University-supervised functions. However, nothing restrains the administration of the University of Missouri from taking appropriate action, including, but not limited to, the imposition of sanctions under Section 200.020©, against students for conduct on or off University premises in order to protect the physical safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.

B. CONDUCT for which students are subject to sanctions falls into the following categories:

4. Physical abuse or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person.

9. Disruptive or disorderly conduct or lewd, indecent, or obscene conduct or expression.

Does a booty call fall under No. 9?

Serious question: Do scholarship athletes abide by a different, more strict code than this one? I don't know.

In general, yes, I like to think athletes are held to a higher standard -- by their coaches and teams. That's why they get suspended from playing. I'm a little uncomfortable, though, with the university officially treating them differently, suspending them from classes or expelling them for conduct they would not punish the same if it were, say, me.

And do you just draw the line with high-profile athletes? What of students on academic scholarships? We're actually officially PUNISHING douchebaggery?

siberian khatru 11-27-2012 08:30 PM

Look, before I come off looking like a d-bag in this, too, know that I read the details to my 17-year-old son and gave my opinion of the woman's actions -- and then told him that if a girl says no, just stop right there. Stop. Don't assume that no means yes. Just take her word at face value.

And if she goes and tells her friends that you're a pussy because you didn't continue past the fake no, then you don't want to be with a girl who plays dangerous games like that anyway.

Don't be Mike Dixon.

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158021)

What did he sign? What the hell are you talking about?

Haith suspending him shows that he's holding his athletes to a higher standard, and this incident, based on what we've read, warranted no suspension.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9158064)
Look, before I come off looking like a d-bag in this, too, know that I read the details to my 17-year-old son and gave my opinion of the woman's actions -- and then told him that if a girl says no, just stop right there. Stop. Don't assume that no means yes. Just take her word at face value.

And if she goes and tells her friends that you're a pussy because you didn't continue past the fake no, then you don't want to be with a girl who plays dangerous games like that anyway.

Don't be Mike Dixon.

That's probably the way to use this experience.

I know I'd have damn sure listened when I was 17 if I saw a guy like Dixon get beat up like this over something as simple as him not moving onto the next girl.

You do not !@#$ around with crazy strange. Undiscovered pussy needs to be on double-secret probation. The moment things turn sideways even a little bit, pull the ejection handle. At worst you take a cold shower and get back on the horse the next day.

That's a hell of a lot better than banging a bunny boiler and having your name in the paper or a dead cat in your mailbox.

O.city 11-27-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9158092)
What did he sign? What the hell are you talking about?

Haith suspending him shows that he's holding his athletes to a higher standard, and this incident, based on what we've read, warranted no suspension.

I'm sure the athletes have some type of code of conduct agreement that is a little stricter than a general student.

I'd venture to say that he was held out until the investigation was completed but seeing what we know now, looks to be no charges or need to continue to be suspended

DeezNutz 11-27-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9158115)
I'm sure the athletes have some type of code of conduct agreement that is a little stricter than a general student.

I'd venture to say that he was held out until the investigation was completed but seeing what we know now, looks to be no charges or need to continue to be suspended

This isn't high school. I never had to sign a thing in college.