ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2018 Saccopoo NFL Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314430)

The Franchise 04-04-2018 05:06 PM

Well his dumbass is up again.

RealSNR 04-04-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13503359)
Why is this pick getting laughed at? It's the end of the 4th round. If he was still on the board for the Chiefs at this point, people would be screaming for the Chiefs to draft him and Cut Colquit.

With the lack of early picks for the Eagles, I could see why people think that he should have picked a skill position. But the Eagles are the reigning champs. I think that they can afford to use this pick on maybe the best punter to come out in over a decade.

If you complain about not getting any draft picks for a long time, and then your FIRST PICK in like 3 rounds is the goddamn punter, you don't see the humor in that?

I was imagining O.City just agonizing for like 3 rounds with his finger on the trigger waiting to take the punter, going, "C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon daddy needs a pick! This mock better hurry the hell up because I want some puntalicious action right now!"

RealSNR 04-04-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Why is this pick getting laughed at? It's the end of the 4th round. If he was still on the board for the Chiefs at this point, people would be screaming for the Chiefs to draft him and Cut Colquit.

With the lack of early picks for the Eagles, I could see why people think that he should have picked a skill position. But the Eagles are the reigning champs. I think that they can afford to use this pick on maybe the best punter to come out in over a decade.

Also, we re-signed Colquitt. It makes zero sense for us to draft Dickson at this point.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-04-2018 05:16 PM

Dickson probably went a little later than I expected truthfully.

kccrow 04-04-2018 05:19 PM

Gets the best punter in a decade a round later than he's anticipated to go and has a pick 2 picks later but gets shit. Love this place. :D

jjchieffan 04-04-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13503369)
If you complain about not getting any draft picks for a long time, and then your FIRST PICK in like 3 rounds is the goddamn punter, you don't see the humor in that?

I was imagining O.City just agonizing for like 3 rounds with his finger on the trigger waiting to take the punter, going, "C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon daddy needs a pick! This mock better hurry the hell up because I want some puntalicious action right now!"

LOL. Yes. I see the humor in that. I thought that everyone was just blasting the pick. But yes. That aspect is pretty funny.

jjchieffan 04-04-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13503373)
Also, we re-signed Colquitt. It makes zero sense for us to draft Dickson at this point.

Not necessarily. I haven't seen the details of Colquitt's deal. But I bet that we could cut him pretty easy with little cap ramification if Dickson were to fall into our laps.

TambaBerry 04-04-2018 05:48 PM

Quote:

because i look at punters and kickers as you can find someone just as good if not slightly worse undrafted or free agency

The Franchise 04-04-2018 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13503434)
Not necessarily. I haven't seen the details of Colquitt's deal. But I bet that we could cut him pretty easy with little cap ramification if Dickson were to fall into our laps.

We'd LOSE $1.265 million this season if we cut him right now.
Next year we'd gain $1.850 million if we cut him.

O.city 04-04-2018 06:08 PM

Who the hell else would I have picked? I got a pro bowl potential all pro player this late

**** every one in the ass

O.city 04-04-2018 06:12 PM

Eagles select

Jason Kabinda lb penn state

BossChief 04-04-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 13503454)
because i look at punters and kickers as you can find someone just as good if not slightly worse undrafted or free agency

Punters like Colquitt and Dickson help the defense and flip the whole field at least once or twice a game.

I almost always agree that punters and kickers should be replaced by rookies every 3-4 years, but if you have a special talent...it’s worth paying a premium for.

jjchieffan 04-04-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13503494)
Punters like Colquitt and Dickson help the defense and flip the whole field at least once or twice a game.

I almost always agree that punters and kickers should be replaced by rookies every 3-4 years, but if you have a special talent...it’s worth paying a premium for.

I agree. We jokingly called Colquitt MVP around here. But he did help the team a lot. How many times did the offense go 3 and out and Colquitt booked a kick to pin the opponents deep? We've also won games with good field position for our offense thanks to short punts. Punters are underrated. Unless you go an entire playoff game without punting or forcing a punt. But let's not go there.

RealSNR 04-04-2018 06:23 PM

The Packers wouldn't really draft 3 CBs in the first four rounds, would they?

Well, when the positional need is this high and an ideal nickel guy with 4.3 speed is available, then yes. You bet your ****ing asses they would take that 3rd CB this high.

The Green Bay Packers select Parry Nickerson, CB, Tulane

TambaBerry 04-04-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 13503494)

i never said i was right, just my opinion. I get it