ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trailer for Ridley Scott's Alien prequel leaked (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252986)

Sorter 01-07-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 9231807)
i love chiefsplanet. if a movie isn't the greatest piece of art ever created, its crap. watched this a couple times, and it isn't terrible like some of you think. i agree, there's no explanation for why they created humans, then tried to destroy them, but i think the sequel will do a better job tying it all together. this movie was entertaining, and not a bad place to start if you are creating a trilogy.

Uhh, yeah there is.

SnakeXJones 03-27-2013 11:55 PM

F**k this movie

Valiant 03-28-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

i love chiefsplanet. if a movie isn't the greatest piece of art ever created, its crap. watched this a couple times, and it isn't terrible like some of you think. i agree, there's no explanation for why they created humans, then tried to destroy them, but i think the sequel will do a better job tying it all together. this movie was entertaining, and not a bad place to start if you are creating a trilogy.

Omg. What if humans were one of the first canisters. Maybe thats why predators hunt us and aliens.

DaneMcCloud 03-28-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Prometheus was not intended to be first entry in a new trilogy and Damon Lindelof has said so himself. Furthermore, he's off the project and if there is a sequel, there's no writer and no concept.

The movie was crap.

Deberg_1990 03-28-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9536422)
Prometheus was not intended to be first entry in a new trilogy and Damon Lindelof has said so himself. Furthermore, he's off the project and if there is a sequel, there's no writer and no concept.

The movie was crap.

I liked it when i first saw it on the huge screen, etc.....but then it just didnt make any sense the more i thought about it.

bowener 03-28-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9536488)
I liked it when i first saw it on the huge screen, etc.....but then it just didnt make any sense the more i thought about it.

I was immediately pissed once the stupid shit started happening on screen. To the point I wanted to walk out. It is just a big pile of shit. Horrible writing.

KC_Connection 03-28-2013 08:10 PM

It was all right if your expectations weren't that high (and by the time I watched it last fall, mine weren't). The concept was interesting, Fassbender's character/acting was interesting. Is that enough to make a good movie? Probably not.

bowener 03-28-2013 08:39 PM

As soon as the biologist had no interest in the biology I was done. There were more turds before that giant pile of shit, but that did it for me.

-King- 05-09-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9536829)
As soon as the biologist had no interest in the biology I was done. There were more turds before that giant pile of shit, but that did it for me.

He was a geologist.

Watched it today. Good time wasting movie. Nothing more.

My favorite scene in the movie is that they apparently had no idea what their mission was, what their ranking was, and that one of them was a robot until 4 years after they started flying to the planet.

Sorter 05-10-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9672583)
He was a geologist.

Watched it today. Good time wasting movie. Nothing more.

My favorite scene in the movie is that they apparently had no idea what their mission was, what their ranking was, and that one of them was a robot until 4 years after they started flying to the planet.

I think he's referring to when the biologist flipped out at the engineer corpse.

bowener 05-10-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9672626)
I think he's referring to when the biologist flipped out at the engineer corpse.

Yeah. It just really pissed me off/annoyed me.

Wildcat2005 05-10-2013 12:52 PM

I actually liked the movie, the problem was it was completely different than what I felt it was being built up to be.
That could be 100% the fault of the marketers, trying to tie it into to Alien

I left the theater a little disappointed; but I admit that is most likely due to my expectation for "Alien" stuff

Definitely not boring that is for sure

-King- 05-10-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9672626)

Oh.

Thought he was talking talking about the guys who were so chicken shit they wanted to leave and then 10 minutes later were trying to pet a mutant snake.

Bowser 05-10-2013 02:03 PM

The movie was pure eye candy, but the story was disjointed as hell. Could have potentially been a bad ass movie, but just didn't get there.

NewChief 01-10-2014 08:41 AM

I watched this last night and enjoyed it. Here's my theory:

The Engineer at the beginning is terraforming Earth. The problem is that the sacrificial drink that he uses to terraform earth is contaminated with the black mutagen (which he doesn't realize, hence his look of surprise when it works differently than he expected). The spaceship goes ahead and leaves because it doesn't realize that anything has gone awry.

Meanwhile, The Engineers back on the moon base have now realized there is a contamination outbreak that's out of control (thus the fleeing holograms and massive graves). The mutagen takes over the facility and corrupts all the "normal" material in the storage areas except for the ones in the actual ship (which are arranged differently and don't appear to have the leaking/condesnation issues).

The surviving engineers on the moon go into survival mode, trying to figure out if any of the contaminated mutagen had escaped the planet. The whole holographic scene where they're scanning the universe with 5 of them and find Earth shows them where it escaped to. What I don't understand is why they wouldn't launch an attack no Earth at this point. Maybe they're trying to clean up the contamination on the moon first? Anyway, moving on.

What this means is that humans are actually a result of the mutated/corrupted DNA (similar to an Alien). This is why the Engineer reacts so strongly to them when they wake him. It's not that he hates his creations, it's that humans are a corrupted version of that creation because we were created from a terrafarmer who accidentally used the mutated DNA to create us. I also like this because it explains humans resilience and destructive nature (after all, we end up beating the Aliens, right?). The mutagen just "weaponized" us differently and more subtly than the other creations.

Anyway, I read other explanations after I went to bed last night which also make sense, but I kind of like mine as an alternative way of looking at it.