ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-06-2013 03:46 PM

hodge had cancer, I believe him.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-06-2013 03:46 PM

Move back into the 2nd and draft Tyler Bray to sit behind Alex Smith for a season or two...

Strongside 03-06-2013 03:48 PM

lmao @ ESPN trying to change teams perceptions on a player. Just a few months ago these guys were sucking Mike Glennons dick off.

The Franchise 03-06-2013 03:50 PM

NFL Film's Greg Cosell believes Matt Barkley is a 4th round prospect.

Your ****ing point?

BossChief 03-06-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9470981)
:shake:

The Chiefs are not choosing a QB at #1 overall. Period. They're trading their second round pick for a veteran QB.

This mindless obsession with choosing a developmental QB at #1 overall isn't just borderline reeruned, it's full blown AIDS reerun territory.

Now you're back to this dumb shit?

Who cares if the quarterback is drafted with the top pick or a pick in the 20s in a year where the talent is supposedly the same from top to bottom?

I doubt the Packers regret spending a first round pick on a qb that sat on the bench for 3 years...or the 49ers taking a quarterback in the second that say for nearly 2 years...or the Giants trading the house, barn, car and everything else for Eli with the intention of him not playing right away...or the Bengals drafting Carson Palmer first overall with intentions of him sitting his whole rookie year.

I don't think Geno needs that much time, but the Mooch interview brought up concerns for me and I'm sure those were apparent to Reid in his interview, as well.

Now, none of that means we are gonna draft Geno first overall, but your reasoning for not doing so has holes in it.

silver5liter 03-06-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9471024)
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

ESPN's Merril Hoge on Geno Smith: "In the last 10 years & in recent memory, I have never seen a more inconsistent thrower than Geno Smith."

Bull ****ing shit

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-06-2013 03:53 PM

ESPN's Merril Hoge lit into West Virginia QB Geno Smith on NFL Live Wednesday, insisting there "ain't no way" the Cardinals will draft him at No. 7 overall.
Hoge compared Todd McShay mock-drafting Smith at No. 7 to Mel Kiper hyping up Mike Williams before the 2005 draft. "In the last ten years and in recent memory, I have never seen a more inconsistent thrower than Geno Smith," said Hoge. "I mean, receivers that are wide open, (he) absolutely completely misses them. I got frustrated by watching him. ... You cannot be that inconsistent in college and then fix that in the National Football League. Decision making, I thought under pressure he was below, below average. ... There ain't no way the Cardinals are gonna draft him. If Bruce Arians has anything to do about it, he will look at (Smith) and say there is no possible way." Mar 6 - 4:50 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9471106)
Now you're back to this dumb shit?

Hey, go **** yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9471106)
Who cares if the quarterback is drafted with the top pick or a pick in the 20s in a year where the talent is supposedly the same from top to bottom?

I doubt the Packers regret spending a first round pick on a qb that sat on the bench for 3 years...or the 49ers taking a quarterback in the second that say for nearly 2 years...or the Giants trading the house, barn, car and everything else for Eli with the intention of him not playing right away...or the Bengals drafting Carson Palmer first overall with intentions of him sitting his whole rookie year.

I don't think Geno needs that much time, but the Mooch interview brought up concerns for me and I'm sure those were apparent to Reid in his interview, as well.

This isn't 2005, dummy. You don't take a ****ing QB at #1 overall and sit him on the bench. Period, end of story, go **** your reeruned step-cousin again.

JFC, as I stated earlier, by sitting a QB taken #1 overall, you're putting pressure not only on the QB to perform in year two, you have to decide if you're picking up his option after YEAR THREE.

That's just plain ****ing stupid, and I don't care if it's your savior or some other stiff.

DUMB.

The Franchise 03-06-2013 03:55 PM

Merril Hoge thought the Colts should have drafted RGIII over Luck.

silver5liter 03-06-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9471113)
ESPN's Merril Hoge lit into West Virginia QB Geno Smith on NFL Live Wednesday, insisting there "ain't no way" the Cardinals will draft him at No. 7 overall.
Hoge compared Todd McShay mock-drafting Smith at No. 7 to Mel Kiper hyping up Mike Williams before the 2005 draft. "In the last ten years and in recent memory, I have never seen a more inconsistent thrower than Geno Smith," said Hoge. "I mean, receivers that are wide open, (he) absolutely completely misses them. I got frustrated by watching him. ... You cannot be that inconsistent in college and then fix that in the National Football League. Decision making, I thought under pressure he was below, below average. ... There ain't no way the Cardinals are gonna draft him. If Bruce Arians has anything to do about it, he will look at (Smith) and say there is no possible way." Mar 6 - 4:50 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8326/geno-smith

Hoge is an idiot

KCWolfman 03-06-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9471086)
Move back into the 2nd and draft Tyler Bray to sit behind Alex Smith for a season or two...

Bray is strong, and I wouldn't mind a second round pick for him, but like they said about Geno today - he is inconsistent. However, that arm strength is pretty nice. What is the word on him during the combine?

RealSNR 03-06-2013 04:48 PM

Again, Mark Sanchez wasn't the perfect prospect according to these guys, but he was widely considered a 1st round-quality player.

Mark ****ing Sanchez, the guy who started less than 2 years' worth of games in college, had awful mid-range accuracy issues, and had an attitude problem. First round quality.

Geno Smith is the exact opposite of all those things. 2nd round quality. Or worse.

****ing reeruned.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-06-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9470998)
NFL Live just went off on Geno. The Geno crowd wouldn't be happy.

Why would we care about what gimpy former running back has to say about the QB position?

Pasta Little Brioni 03-06-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRIMETIME211 (Post 9471077)
He not even a first rounder if he is in last years draft

He's a better prospect than Tannehil who went 8th you dumb****

KCWolfman 03-06-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9471273)
Why would we care about what gimpy former running back has to say about the QB position?

Using that analogy, why would we take anyone's word on this board as I am sure none here are former or active NFL QBs.

That is the thing that sucks about the draft - EVERYONE is sure they are correct. Then when the Byron Leftwiches, DeWayne Robertsons, Charles Rogers, and Jonathan Sullivans don't pan out no one remembers what EVERYONE said about them in February and March of that year.

I am more interested in Mel Kiper's and BossChief's 2009 mock draft than I am about their 2013 draft. Because at least that one has some factual information I can gauge their abilities upon.