ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9134599)
I'm thrilled with adding Maryland as long as it opens up recruiting in the D.C. area. Some nice talent out there.

For basketball, which should be a huge benefit for Nebraska.

ChiefsCountry 11-19-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9134577)
I'll give you population and academics. As far as recruiting I don't think New Jersey is a hot bed for college football recruits you get some here and there.

Its not bad. I can think of about 5 from NJ that played at Nebraska - Mike Rozier, Irving Fryar, Jason Peter, Christian Peter, Jamaal Lord.

ChiefsCountry 11-19-2012 07:14 PM

Maryland and Rutgers were the first piece of the puzzle. They get Washington DC, Baltimore and part of NYC in Big Ten tv pie. They help get the Big Ten network's subscribers up and double their money in those states.

Next step is to get Virginia and North Carolina. I think Virginia will be a slam dunk if they decide to leave the ACC. I don't see them heading to the SEC, North Carolina I can. If you can't get Carolina, you go after Syracuse to get a top notch basketball brand and the rest of New York for the Big Ten Network cable dollars. I don't see the Big Ten going after Duke.

This the order I see for next Big Ten expansion.
1. Virginia
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse

That being said North Carolina will be the #1 target though for good reason.

Mr. Laz 11-19-2012 07:20 PM

it's all about football

alnorth 11-19-2012 07:21 PM

(blatantly stolen from another message board)

Hi ACC? Big XII?? Anyone there?? I can see your lights are on ....

http://i.imgur.com/Ngw9e.jpg

ArrowheadHawk 11-19-2012 07:25 PM

What is that?

alnorth 11-19-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9134680)
What is that?

That is a very, very sad Bearcat

Saul Good 11-19-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9134637)
Maryland and Rutgers were the first piece of the puzzle. They get Washington DC, Baltimore and part of NYC in Big Ten tv pie. They help get the Big Ten network's subscribers up and double their money in those states.

Next step is to get Virginia and North Carolina. I think Virginia will be a slam dunk if they decide to leave the ACC. I don't see them heading to the SEC, North Carolina I can. If you can't get Carolina, you go after Syracuse to get a top notch basketball brand and the rest of New York for the Big Ten Network cable dollars. I don't see the Big Ten going after Duke.

1. Virginia
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse

Virginia would be a terrible add. Their administration takes pride in not caring about sports.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2012 07:41 PM

Since the granting of tv rights has been finalized in the Big 12, I think any Texas talk is just wishful thinking.

I think if the ACC can grab UCONN and one other school (Louisville would be the best candidate, Cincy also would be a good one), then the ACC will be what it usually is, a non-factor in football except when Miami/FSU/VTech is good, and very good/elite bball conference.

ILChief 11-19-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9134637)

1. Virginia
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse

North Carolina won't leave without Duke.

Saul Good 11-19-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9134763)

aTm and Texas won't split up.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9134763)

While I agree that is not the primary scenario, given the landscape of things, and the complete lack of any football value of Duke, they might not have a choice.

I do not think things are anywhere close to that yet, though. I think the ACC will poach UCONN from the Big East (UCONN has been dying to get into the ACC for years), and maybe even get one other team from somewhere else. I think just adding UCONN would stop the bleeding for the moment and settle things down.

mnchiefsguy 11-19-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9134786)

Mizzou would never leave Kansas for greener pastures.

DeezNutz 11-19-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9134731)
Virginia would be a terrible add. Their administration takes pride in not caring about sports.

And Rutgers is what? Virginia is and would be exponentially more valuable.

ILChief 11-19-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9134786)

Texas A&M/Texas football is not even in the same universe as Duke-UNC basketball because 1. No one outside of Texas cares about it and 2. Texas always won.