ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

KcMizzou 02-16-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8378410)
Nice confederate flag to the right.

Pretty sure that's the state flag of Mississippi.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ssippi.svg.png

Fritz88 02-16-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8378296)
SEC football coaches picture day.

Chizik wearing his customary leather jacket and doing something weird with his hands.

Pinkel looks happy.

Slive looking like a creep with his hands on Spurrier's shoulders.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Por...ball/FCM11.jpg

Yours is photoshoped. Here's the original:
http://i.imgur.com/kbUf3.jpg

Al Bundy 02-16-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8378038)
I already told you, EVERYONE agree with this. Everyone feels KU is being petty and stupid.

I don't have a dog in the fight but yes I feel they are.

Bambi 02-16-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF Knight (Post 8378475)
I don't have a dog in the fight but yes I feel they are.

It was a sarcastic remark going back a couple weeks when mnchiefs said that they were calling Kansas petty and stupid on the broadcast for having no interest in playing Missouri anymore.

I called him on it and he couldn't provide any evidence for his "everyone claim".

I then went on to post numerous articles by well respected analysts and broadcasters including Seth Davis who felt that Kansas was completely right in their actions moving forward.

I still jab him about it. It's not a big deal now. Most people now see what MU has done. Backed out of the conference and now is crying foul by saying "We'll play you anytime, anywhere..."

When in fact they were given the choice on who they choose to play and they chose it.

It's really not a big deal anymore to KU fans. We're excited about playing new competition like WVU and TCU. Teams with decorated football pasts.

Should be fun moving forward.

Bambi 02-16-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8378296)
SEC football coaches picture day.

Chizik wearing his customary leather jacket and doing something weird with his hands.

Pinkel looks happy.

Slive looking like a creep with his hands on Spurrier's shoulders.

http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Por...ball/FCM11.jpg

omg, the confederate flag, lol

Frazod 02-16-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8378565)
omg, the confederate flag, lol

It's part of the Mississippi state flag you ****ing idiot.

mnchiefsguy 02-16-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8378564)
It was a sarcastic remark going back a couple weeks when mnchiefs said that they were calling Kansas petty and stupid on the broadcast for having no interest in playing Missouri anymore.

I called him on it and he couldn't provide any evidence for his "everyone claim".

I then went on to post numerous articles by well respected analysts and broadcasters including Seth Davis who felt that Kansas was completely right in their actions moving forward.

I still jab him about it. It's not a big deal now. Most people now see what MU has done. Backed out of the conference and now is crying foul by saying "We'll play you anytime, anywhere..."

When in fact they were given the choice on who they choose to play and they chose it.

It's really not a big deal anymore to KU fans. We're excited about playing new competition like WVU and TCU. Teams with decorated football pasts.

Should be fun moving forward.

You are a complete idiot. You are the only person who took "everyone" to literally mean every single person on the planet earth. You produced ONE article supporting your position, and ignored everything that was contrary to your opinion.

It must be a huge deal to you....you can't seem to shut the **** up about it. Mizzou fans want to play KU...want...not need...because we enjoy cheering against the beakers.

mnchiefsguy 02-16-2012 07:18 PM

Oh, and one more thing jackass....Mizzou is not backing out of anything. Texas and OU brought this on the Big XII when they openly flirted with the Pac-12 the day AFTER the conference took a vote to solidify conference unity. That was when Mizzou saw the Big XII for what it was, and decided it need to ensure it's future. Too bad the beakers are still blind to the disloyalty of Texas and OU.

Bambi 02-16-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8378582)
You are a complete idiot. You are the only person who took "everyone" to literally mean every single person on the planet earth. You produced ONE article supporting your position, and ignored everything that was contrary to your opinion.

It must be a huge deal to you....you can't seem to shut the **** up about it. Mizzou fans want to play KU...want...not need...because we enjoy cheering against the beakers.

Not to me it isn't. I don't care either way if they play or not. Like I've said many times, MU represented a ton of victories for Kansas. It kinda sucks that it's gone.

On the flipside I am kinda enjoying all the anger that MU fans in the KC area have over this. Trying to be so vocal knowing the entire time that the KU administration knows they will be just fine moving into the future financially and competitively.

Spott 02-16-2012 07:21 PM

I would rather play KSU, but I don't see them doing that either. I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to playing Illinois in St Louis every year or even playing Iowa or Nebraska at Arrowhead. I don't really care if they play KU again. KU is already behind the 8 ball as far as becoming bowl eligible having to play 9 conference games instead of 8 and they are not going to play anyone significant in their 3 out of conference games.

Bambi 02-16-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8378591)
Oh, and one more thing jackass....Mizzou is not backing out of anything. Texas and OU brought this on the Big XII when they openly flirted with the Pac-12 the day AFTER the conference took a vote to solidify conference unity. That was when Mizzou saw the Big XII for what it was, and decided it need to ensure it's future. Too bad the beakers are still blind to the disloyalty of Texas and OU.

Being affiliated with Texas and OU has netted the University of Kansas millions upon millions of dollars in revenue and multiple athletic accomplishments in the landscape of collegiate sport.

I'm sorry your school hasn't experienced the same. Maybe if you had you wouldn't lash out so harshly at the rest of us all the time.

Bambi 02-16-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8378578)
It's part of the Mississippi state flag you ****ing idiot.

oh ok. It's all good then ROFL

DJ's left nut 02-16-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8378582)

Remember - we have to scale down 'victories' for Wickedson's benefit.

Stuff like that is truly the best he can do. I make the egregious oversight of thinking he bolded language within his quoted article and he demands justice. You use a commonly accepted form of hyperbole and it fuels his rage for days.

Let him have his minor victories. We've seen what happens when he starts playing Matlock...the small wins are really all he has.

mnchiefsguy 02-16-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8378601)
Being affiliated with Texas and OU has netted the University of Kansas millions upon millions of dollars in revenue and multiple athletic accomplishments in the landscape of collegiate sport.

I'm sorry your school hasn't experienced the same. Maybe if you had you wouldn't lash out so harshly at the rest of us all the time.

So those final fours in basketball and that orange bowl appearance were because of Texas and OU? Perhaps you should send them your trophies then.

tredadda 02-16-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8377954)
So why play KU?

I admit that the MU game will be good for us on the 25th when Shabazz is in the stands but after that KU has nothing to gain by playing Missouri.

In bball KU plays Duke, Kentucky, Michigan St over the next few years..

In fball KU has UT, OK, WVU, etc etc

I don't understand the obsession. You were given the choice. The choice was made.

Rivalry. Why does UGA and GT still play every year even though they are no longer in the same conference? KU is upset that MU is leaving and are being petty about it. Playing MU every year in football at Arrowhead benefits KC, a city KU swears they own, so why won't KU do it? They could do it to show KC who the real school is that supports the city (according to KU fans). In basketball, why not play Mizzou in a non conference game every year? If they lose, then they lose to a quality opponent. If they win then they could relish another beatdown of MU. It could be played at a neutral site like the Sprint Center in KC (you know the city that KU owns).