ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs tag Ford (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321629)

Iconic 03-09-2019 08:58 PM

Pats had around the same qb hurries as us with about 20 less sacks to show for it. Sacks are definitely overrated.

Chris Meck 03-09-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14143506)
Pats had around the same qb hurries as us with about 20 less sacks to show for it. Sacks are definitely overrated.

this is the same argument I had with the Pro-Marcus Peters guys last year.

BUT LOOK AT THE INTERCEPTION TOTALS!!

Yeah, well, if a guy's freelancing and causing coverage ****-ups all over the place, is that really worth that ONE interception he might get?

NO.

Ford's a great speed rusher; but that's it. Is that less than ONE sack per game he gets worth all of the times he gets blocked by a WR for a big gain on the ground? All those first downs because he couldn't seal the edge?

NO.

I'd take a Trey Flowers and pay him the same amount in a heartbeat; because he's good in all phases of the game. So your defense is literally better overall.

But sacks are fun, sacks are sexy. It's true, I enjoy them as well. But I like watching the other team punt a lot more.

oldman 03-09-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14143564)

Yeah, well, if a guy's freelancing and causing coverage ****-ups all over the place, is that really worth that ONE interception he might get?

NO.

Ford's a great speed rusher; but that's it. Is that less than ONE sack per game he gets worth all of the times he gets blocked by a WR for a big gain on the ground? All those first downs because he couldn't seal the edge?

NO.

I'd take a Trey Flowers and pay him the same amount in a heartbeat; because he's good in all phases of the game. So your defense is literally better overall.

But sacks are fun, sacks are sexy. It's true, I enjoy them as well. But I like watching the other team punt a lot more.

You are correct, sir.

FAX 03-09-2019 11:35 PM

Someone has probably already mentioned this and I missed it ...

But was Ford tagged as an Edge or a DE?

FAX

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-10-2019 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14142758)
Not to poop on your parade, but I think it's still very possible only 1 goes bye bye

Boo! Leggo my Eggo.

Chargem 03-10-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14143628)

FAX

Pretty sure all that edge/DE speculation was total crap and the tag you get is based on your snap count for the prior season, so he is tagged as a linebacker.

OnTheWarpath15 03-10-2019 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14143564)

NO.

NO.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l3q2X...676673325feb9b

duncan_idaho 03-10-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14143628)

FAX

LB