ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The OFFICIAL 2013 Mizzou Tigers Basketball Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268694)

GloryDayz 02-26-2014 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10454421)
Clarkson will be on an NBA roster next season. Brown will be getting paid to play basketball somewhere, either in the NBA, NBDL, or overseas.

Well for him, I hope I'm wrong. But after this year, his stock has taken a huge hit.

duncan_idaho 02-26-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10454594)
Well for him, I hope I'm wrong. But after this year, his stock has taken a huge hit.

You're incorrect. NBA buzz is as high if not higher than it was at the start of the season. NBA teams love Clarkson's size/athleticism/versatility.

Goodman's mock is from 8 days ago.

Unless you're talking about Jabari Brown... but still, he has had a tremendous, efficient, breakout season that actually make him a borderline NBA player and give him a shot at getting drafted.

Stanley Nickels 02-26-2014 10:52 AM

Are there any high-profile big men out there who only played the first semester, and are hoping to transfer? I ask because that's apparently the only way we recruit talent anymore.

Stanley Nickels 02-26-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10454641)
You're incorrect. NBA buzz is as high if not higher than it was at the start of the season. NBA teams love Clarkson's size/athleticism/versatility.

Unless you're talking about Jabari Brown... but still, he has had a tremendous, efficient, breakout season that actually make him a borderline NBA player and give him a shot at getting drafted.

Brown's got a good NBA future, in my opinion. He's got good basketball instincts and a natural shooting form. His below-average defense won't matter much when he's more of a situational three-point shooter (see Rush, Kareem)

duncan_idaho 02-26-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10454670)
Are there any high-profile big men out there who only played the first semester, and are hoping to transfer? I ask because that's apparently the only way we recruit talent anymore.

Nope.

Looks like getting nixed by Jamie Dixon and Pitt for Khem Birch hurts a lot, too.

Birch is having a very nice season for UNLV. 12 points, 9 boards and 4 blocks a game.

duncan_idaho 02-26-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels (Post 10454685)
Brown's got a good NBA future, in my opinion. He's got good basketball instincts and a natural shooting form. His below-average defense won't matter much when he's more of a situational three-point shooter (see Rush, Kareem)

I agree. He was not on the radar to be drafted before this season... I think he's played his way onto the bubble. Big improvement in his ball handling and ability to drive the ball.

Pepe Silvia 02-26-2014 12:50 PM

This program is going to be bad for a long time if they give Haith a couple more years to run it in the ground further, It will take years to recover if ever. This school is shit.

Sully 02-26-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10453509)
Alden is going to jack this up. Except to awesome coaches, he's a hell of a salesman. I hope he's enjoying all the coverage KU's getting right now, he'll never get there in basketball... I'll bet he's counting the hours until football starts...

Who isn't?
It's by far the best sport.

duncan_idaho 02-26-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10455041)
This program is going to be bad for a long time if they give Haith a couple more years to run it in the ground further, It will take years to recover if ever. This school is shit.

They actually wouldn't be in terrible shape if they canned him after next year, assuming it doesn't go well.

Clark, Williams, Jones, Biedschied, Gant and Wright would be a pretty good and experienced core for a new coach to build with, if he could convince them all to stay.

Pepe Silvia 02-26-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10455061)
They actually wouldn't be in terrible shape if they canned him after next year, assuming it doesn't go well.

Clark, Williams, Jones, Biedschied, Gant and Wright would be a pretty good and experienced core for a new coach to build with, if he could convince them all to stay.

Last night was it for me, there are no bright spots. Gant and Wright will suck because Haith can't coach, and I can already see the "Bedshit" jokes in the future with Biedschied. Sorry but he can't coach and no amount of time will change that. I wouldn't mind a bad year if it looked like it would lead to something. This just looks like it's leading to more bad basketball.

stonedstooge 02-26-2014 03:55 PM

Oh what could have been the last 2 years if we only had a coach

GloryDayz 02-26-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10454641)

I hope they didn't watch last night then...

GloryDayz 02-26-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10455041)

It's in the ground now... And in a league that's built mostly around recruiting, I don't see them coming out of it without offering some known-great-coach an epic amount of money to move to Columbia. Who'd want to be dropped onto this ship wreck?

duncan_idaho 02-26-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10455094)
Last night was it for me, there are no bright spots. Gant and Wright will suck because Haith can't coach, and I can already see the "Bedshit" jokes in the future with Biedschied. Sorry but he can't coach and no amount of time will change that. I wouldn't mind a bad year if it looked like it would lead to something. This just looks like it's leading to more bad basketball.

I understand where you're coming from. Definitely not much to be optimistic about.

Haith has a lot of flaws - his lineups are strange, he is obsessed with playing size just to play size, he doesn't appear to be able to consistently motivate his team, and his defensive approach is not good.

But he has been brought in a lot of talent to Columbia, whether via transfer or incoming HS and JUCO players.

IF Haith is replaced in a few years and IF the new coach can convince players on the roster to stay, he'll inherit a team that has quite a bit of good talent in its junior and sophomore classes.

That's always better than starting with nothing.

Titty Meat 02-26-2014 04:14 PM

So who should be Missouris next coach? Painter? Miles?