ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

KCWolfman 07-26-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7773288)
This show is really incredible.

I thought the initial scene of Walt buying the gun with the serial number filed off was pretty powerful. It is amazing how his life has reached this point.

I still don't fully understand why he has such a hard on for killing Gus though. What does that accomplish?

It isn't that Gus represents a threat anymore, it is the simple fact that Gus threatened him.

2 seasons ago, Walt would have walked away and thanked fate that he was not dead. This season is about transformation. New Walt will not succumb to any threat.

eazyb81 07-26-2011 08:56 AM

Also, was it Mike that called Walt as he was walking toward the house to kill Gus?

Buck 07-26-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 7773501)
Also, was it Mike that called Walt as he was walking toward the house to kill Gus?

I've been discussing this on a thread over at reddit.

Apparently, the AMC Website says it was Mike, but I am pretty sure I recognize it as Gus' voice. If it's Mike, that means it's possible that Mike killed Gus, but I don't think they'd dump Giancarlo Esposito like that.

Demonpenz 07-26-2011 09:21 AM

Mike noticed the piece and probably put together what it was for

morphius 07-26-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7773515)

Apparently, the AMC Website says it was Mike, but I am pretty sure I recognize it as Gus' voice. If it's Mike, that means it's possible that Mike killed Gus, but I don't think they'd dump Giancarlo Esposito like that.

I was sure that it was Gus, hmm

Thig Lyfe 07-26-2011 09:50 AM

By voice, I thought it was Gus, but the fact that Walt looked behind him and not into Gus's house would seem to indicate that he (Walt) heard it as Mike's voice, or at least not Gus's.

eazyb81 07-26-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Yeah, my wife swore it was Gus too.

Demonpenz 07-26-2011 10:12 AM

there are few scenes with Mike and Gus. What a Twist that would be if Gus pulled off a mask and it WAS Mike. Walt then calls up John Travolta and Nick Cage to discuss the movie Face off and while chatting how you change faces, they talk about how long and unnessessary that boat chase scene was.

Reaper16 07-26-2011 10:22 AM

I don't think we need to know, really, who called Walt. We never got a solid confirmation on who called Hank last season, right before the Twins attempted to kill him, did we?

rocknrolla 07-26-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Mike did tell Walt that he would never see Gus again.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buck 07-26-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7773680)
I don't think we need to know, really, who called Walt. We never got a solid confirmation on who called Hank last season, right before the Twins attempted to kill him, did we?

I don't think we did, but I have to assume that was Gus.

keg in kc 07-26-2011 10:45 AM

I was pretty sure it was Mike's voice on the phone as Walt was walking towards Gus' house. And that it was Gus who called Hank.

ChiefsFanatic 07-26-2011 11:15 AM

In the bar, Mike told Walt that he needed to lose a tail better or something like that.

Buck 07-26-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 7773887)
In the bar, Mike told Walt that he needed to lose a tail better or something like that.

No, he told him he needs to learn to tail better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reaper16 07-26-2011 12:28 PM

Vince Gilligan confirms to Alan Sepinwall who called Walt:

Spoiler!