ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff New Conference re-alignment thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249847)

duncan_idaho 09-20-2011 02:55 PM

Article from Sporting News confirms SEC interest in Mizzou.

I used to work closely with Matt Hayes, and if he has confirmed this through one of his sources, it's likely pretty good info.

Matt has great sources in the SEC office, at UF, at Tenn, at South Carolina, and at UGA.

Can't imagine it's the same sourcing that the DeArmonds are hearing from, either.

duncan_idaho 09-20-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7927628)
Somebody (Alden?) is a ****ing idiot.

Again.

This wasn't Alden. It was a booster (for Mike's story). Likely someone who is either strongly pro-SEC and trying to push Missouri that way or someone who is strongly anti-SEC and trying to prevent it from happening.

Matt Hayes >>>>>>>>> Clay Travis

when it comes to sourcing. Check Hayes' twitter, nervous Missouri fans.

LiveSteam 09-20-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7927743)
Another rumor I hope is true - I'd love to see these two gargantuan ****ing turds turn on each other.

OU & UT are so in this together. Its like good cop,bad cop. I hope they both burn to the ground.

eazyb81 09-20-2011 03:36 PM

Missouri Board of Curators announces a meeting for Thursday morning.

Hmmmm........

kstater 09-20-2011 03:44 PM

There is a serious effort being made, led by Missouri chancellor Brady Deaton, to try to save the Big 12, according to a high-placed administrator at a Big 12 school.

It will either be the Big 12's Hail Mary or its last gasp.

The administrator said Deaton, the head of the Big 12's five-member expansion committee, is trying to get everyone back to the table to try to see if the Big 12 can work out its differences.

A regent at another Big 12 school said he he was optimistic the conference could heal its problems.

Oklahoma State mega booster Boone Pickens was quoted by The Oklahoman saying Pickens had called Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a former yell leader at A&M, to try and fix the Big 12.

But Texas A&M spokesman Jason Cook released a statement to Orangebloods.com that "Texas A&M has made our intentions perfectly clear. We do not intend to be a member of the Big 12 past this season."

The question then becomes if Texas, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State can live together in a nine-member Big 12?

And The Oklahoman quotes an unnamed, high-ranking Big 12 source as saying Oklahoma has a list of demands to hold the Big 12 together, including replacing commissioner Dan Beebe and for Texas to make some concessions as it pertains to the Longhorn Network.

The newspaper quotes sources saying OU was angered by ESPN getting a waiver from Fox to show a second game on the Longhorn Network and surprising the rest of the conference with the news.

The sources also tell the Oklahoman OU was upset when ESPN vowed to show high school highlights even after it was deemed impermissible by the NCAA to show high school games on LHN.

In general, the sources tell The Oklahoman, the Big 12 has a big trust problem that has to be rectified.

The Oklahoman also quotes a source saying Dan Beebe only serves one school - Texas.

The newspaper reports, ironically, Texas supported Jack Swarbrick as commissioner of the Big 12 and OU supported Beebe when Beebe was awarded the job as leader of the Big 12. Swarbrick is now the athletic director at Notre Dame.

Sources across the Big 12 confirm to Orangebloods.com that there is definitely a movement to try to save the Big 12 led by Deaton that may involve some radical proposals.

We will have more details as they become available.

A high-ranking official at a Big 12 school said, "The Big 12 is going to stay intact except for Texas A&M."

We will see if that's wishful thinking and the Big 12's Hail Mary - one year after a similar rescue attempt was successful - or if it's the Big 12's last gasp.

Stay tuned.
This post was edited on 9/20 4:04 PM by ChipBrown

Chip Brown
chip@orangebloods.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ChipBrownOB

Stewie 09-20-2011 03:49 PM

I also heard that Pickens pressed the issue of not going to the Pac-xx even though they are part of the package. If UT and OU were willing to give a bunch of concessions to join that league, why not save the Big XII?

vailpass 09-20-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 7927736)
THAT might be one of the most creatively funny things that I have ever read. BRAVO!:clap:

Yeah that was pretty damn funny.

vailpass 09-20-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 7927903)
I also heard that Pickens pressed the issue of not going to the Pac-xx even though they are part of the package. If UT and OU were willing to give a bunch of concessions to join that league, why not save the Big XII?

The amount of UT/OU cock that will have to be swallowed to keep them B12 may be very large.

Stewie 09-20-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7927906)
The amount of UT/OU cock that will have to be swallowed to keep them B12 may be very large.

No one wants them without major concessions. People think they're in the drivers seat, but they're not by a long shot. Let Texas go to the Pac-xx with no LHN, no monetary advantage and even distribution of funds, etc.... and then add in the abortion of a "pod" system of games.

duncan_idaho 09-20-2011 04:00 PM

It sounds like OU's lists of demands is pretty ridiculous. If I had to guess, I'd bet they were making a token effort to save the Big 12 for spin purposes later (we tried to save it, honest we did!).

Stewie 09-20-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 7927928)
It sounds like OU's lists of demands is pretty ridiculous. If I had to guess, I'd bet they were making a token effort to save the Big 12 for spin purposes later (we tried to save it, honest we did!).

They're pressing Texas and they damned well should. I'm sure the Pac-xx is loving the complete meltdown of the teams they want in their league.

Anyong Bluth 09-20-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 7927928)

How so? Every other major conf shares revenue equally, and no conf is going to take UT with LAN as it is. UT misrepresented the scope of the network, and Beebe has been ineffective in preventing or looking out for the conf's future. When Neb wanted to leave last year he couldn't even go up there to sit down & talk with them.

RustShack 09-20-2011 04:28 PM

Pac doesn't want OSU or Tech. They would still take Texas and Oklahoma though. But like I've been saying from the beginning, Oklahoma and Texas still want to keep the Big12 together.

RustShack 09-20-2011 04:33 PM

But it doesn't sound like BYU is a lock anymore. Sounds like TCU, Louisville, and South Florida are now the teams on the Big12 radar after those other BigEast schools jumped ship.

Mosbonian 09-20-2011 04:33 PM

Maybe it's just me, but as an MU fan I would just as soon get the hell out of the Big 12. Any attempt to save it now is just another delay until Texas gets what it wants from another conference or decides to go independent. OU may stay here this year but when the PAC 12 comes calling again, at that time they will pack up and go.

To hell with this soap opera we see every year. Let's get out while we still have some sense of our dignity and a decent conference wants us. Otherwise we'll join the rest of what will be left of the Big 12 next year looking for a MWC/MAC or Big Least merger.