ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Breaking Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204659)

keg in kc 07-26-2011 12:30 PM

Woah, I didn't make that connection at all.

So if that guy's calling him and telling him to go home, that would point to Gus still protecting Walt after all. Which makes sense since there's no replacement.

Demonpenz 07-26-2011 12:54 PM

I honestly thought they should have had the miller light high life dude weigh the batch. Making 10 million grams of meth? That's living the highlife my friend!

Zebedee DuBois 07-31-2011 09:11 PM

The slow boil continues.

Jesse is desperate to fill his brain with any distraction.
Walt feels powerless and can't stand it.

aside: Have we seen Walt Jr. this season?

notorious 07-31-2011 10:15 PM

Worst episode IMO.

I guess the best show on TV can't be perfect.

Reaper16 08-01-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 7791635)
aside: Have we seen Walt Jr. this season?

Twice, I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7791742)
Worst episode IMO.

I guess the best show on TV can't be perfect.

Worst? I'd have to think about it, but that may actually be the case.

The episode was still excellent. This wasn't a miss by any means. Just because the major plot threads weren't moved forward much doesn't mean the episode was boring.

Thig Lyfe 08-01-2011 12:47 AM

Man, two straight episodes of tension-building means that when shit finally goes down, it's going to go DOWN.

The Marie klepto-fantasyland stuff didn't really work for me but at least it got the lab notes in Hank's hands.

eazyb81 08-01-2011 06:34 AM

Poor Jesse. He is in a bad, bad place right now, and Walt is too self-centered to realize it or even care.

Something crazy is about to go down.

Reaper16 08-01-2011 06:51 AM

The scene where Jesse walks into the meth house Hell that he's created and throws a stack of money in the air, watching the desperate people scramble for it, and feeling empty the entire time... that was one of the most powerful scenes of the entire series, IMO.

eazyb81 08-01-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7792075)
The scene where Jesse walks into the meth house Hell that he's created and throws a stack of money in the air, watching the desperate people scramble for it, and feeling empty the entire time... that was one of the most powerful scenes of the entire series, IMO.

Totally. I said the same thing while watching. It gave me chills.

kcxiv 08-01-2011 12:44 PM

NOt really caring for this season so far. Its just a big ass meh for me right now.

Demonpenz 08-01-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7792075)

him throwing dirty cash into the naked kids mouth and him saying "YEAH BITCH!" was baskin robbins disturbing.

Reaper16 08-01-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7792977)
NOt really caring for this season so far. Its just a big ass meh for me right now.

Then you never liked the show for the right reasons in the first place.

kcxiv 08-01-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7793108)
Then you never liked the show for the right reasons in the first place.

lol i liked the show, because i could relate to alot of that stuff. I have been in tweeker houses as i used to do what them guys do (not the hardcore using part) i never seen any of that kind of shit like that in the middle of the ****ing day.

I didnt say i hate it, and its only a few episodes in. i liked episode 1. 2 was ok, but 3 i didnt care for.

like i said, alot of this shit, i done lived. Not quite as graphic as they have, but i done did alot.

A bit of it, may be, because of Skyllar. She's the only thing bad about this show. i get that she's supposed to be a nag, but maybe its just her over acting or something.

Demonpenz 08-01-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7793282)
lol i liked the show, because i could relate to alot of that stuff. I have been in tweeker houses as i used to do what them guys do (not the hardcore using part) i never seen any of that kind of shit like that in the middle of the ****ing day.

I didnt say i hate it, and its only a few episodes in. i liked episode 1. 2 was ok, but 3 i didnt care for.

like i said, alot of this shit, i done lived. Not quite as graphic as they have, but i done did alot.

you hard.

NewChief 08-01-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7793282)

A bit of it, may be, because of Skyllar. She's the only thing bad about this show. i get that she's supposed to be a nag, but maybe its just her over acting or something.

Heh. My brother (an ex-tweaker and still druggie) is also a fan of the show I just found out. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and it was interesting to talk to him about the show. He definitely likes it for the reliving his sordid tweaker days factor more than the quality of the writing or the "deeper" stuff. Maybe that's the sign of the a good show: it can be enjoyed on several levels.