ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Radar Chief 03-31-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10529769)
hell I thought fruit was being serious?

in one of the early episodes....season 1?....did Rick not say "We're all infected. WE are the walking dead."???

Yes and that's how I took what Fruit Ninja posted.

Radar Chief 03-31-2014 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 10529992)
I think I see Beth in that pile.

How can you tell? She was always that skinny.

Fishpicker 03-31-2014 01:04 PM

well, it could turn out that they are messing with the wrong people, especially if they cannibalize the prisoners.

Spoiler!

KC_Lee 03-31-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10530277)
How can you tell? She was always that skinny.

Rep.

Spike 03-31-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10530060)
She didn't know Beth was with Daryl in the first place, for all she knows Beth didn't make it out of the prison. Logically they'd compare notes, but not in the timeframe of that scene.

I knew they would keep us hanging - I soooo wanted idiot Rick and Carl to die

"yep - lets just bury our good guns and walk right on into the trap" - - - derp

Fire Me Boy! 03-31-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 10530398)
I knew they would keep us hanging - I soooo wanted idiot Rick and Carl to die

"yep - lets just bury our good guns and walk right on into the trap" - - - derp

They didn't know they were going to get captured, filleted, grilled, and eaten. I'm sure he thought they might confiscatetheir weapons, so he left a stash.

And if you think they're going to kill the series' lead, your and idiot.

Spike 03-31-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10530422)

I can still hope - I don't give a shit what these stupid producers say, Rick is an idiot.

A smart leader would have held back someone to make sure the rest made it through OK....at least they could have a better chance at rescue.

penguinz 03-31-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10530422)
They didn't know they were going to get captured, filleted, grilled, and eaten. I'm sure he thought they might confiscatetheir weapons, so he left a stash.

Spoiler!

penguinz 03-31-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 10530469)
I can still hope - I don't give a shit what these stupid producers say, Rick is an idiot.

A smart leader would have held back someone to make sure the rest made it through OK....at least they could have a better chance at rescue.

Because a single person left behind could take on all the people within?

Easy 6 03-31-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10530258)
Exactly. Rick's "They're messing with the wrong people" would be a lot more convincing if they hadn't just put clown shoes on you by the way they methodically and calmly funneled you exactly where they wanted. I have no doubt that Rick's group will conquer Terminus through the machination of the writers, but I'm not sure how believable it will be, short of some deus ex zombie herd or Tyrese and Co.

Yep, it definitely isn't gonna be easy, Terminus has quite a few people who're all well armed... and they were smart enough to have sentries watching the back entrance from outside the fence line, hence the camera shot that peers through the fence into the compound as Ricks group enters.

They obviously anticipated some of the smarter groups trying to be sly and going in the back way... they probably even watched Rick cache the weapons, so I doubt those are available later.

Spike 03-31-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10530478)
Because a single person left behind could take on all the people within?

as opposed to everyone ending up rounded up in a cattle car for the slaughter?

A better option might have been to just send in a scout and see what happens.

If I was running a cannibal camp I would just shoot them all right off and start carving...but it eliminates all the drama of Ranger Rick saving the day.

Fire Me Boy! 03-31-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 10530515)

If I was running a cannibal camp I would just shoot them all right off and start carving...but it eliminates all the drama of Ranger Rick saving the day.

That's actually in the books. They don't have refrigeration, so they have to keep the meat fresh, which means carving what you need, keeping the victim alive as long as possible.

Spike 03-31-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10530596)
That's actually in the books. They don't have refrigeration, so they have to keep the meat fresh, which means carving what you need, keeping the victim alive as long as possible.

that makes sense too, I don't read the books or comics

kinda like the Dairy Farm in the Walking Dead game

btw - Season 2 is out and Clementine is kicking ass

penguinz 03-31-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 10530515)

The best option would have been Rick to listen to his own foreshadowing. Exactly how he explained to Carl of funneling the rabbit to the trap is how they ended up trapped. ;)

ragedogg69 03-31-2014 03:37 PM

How I would have ended it:

Our group is running through the maze of Terminus and walks into a building and stop dead in their tracks, mouth opened shocked.

Camera shows Beth from the waist up, crying, alive, hanging from chains on the wall. Camera goes back to Rick or someone and he says "Oh my God." Camera back to Beth, and starts to pull out to reveal that her legs have been chopped off and tourniquet applied. [fade to black]

Anything is better than the weak, "they are screwing with us" tag line. lol