ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

MTG#10 04-01-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10531862)
Yeah. We need moar zombiez attacks!!1!1!!!

Not suggesting that at all. I like the human drama more than the zombie attacks. This season was just flat out boring and unentertaining. And scrolling through various message boards more agree with me than not.

Mecca 04-01-2014 09:46 AM

I personally found the first season of the show the most entertaining so I guess I liked zombies more.

Fire Me Boy! 04-01-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10532028)
Spoiler!

I think you might be right one the first half, not on the second.

Spoiler!

Gonzo 04-01-2014 10:03 AM

This was the best season yet, IMHO. The development of the characters, (especially Rick, Carol and Michonne) was excellent. The writers are really making sure you care about these people and find their stories compelling and interesting.
I thought Carol was going to be one of the first people offed in season one. Now? She might be the last one standing.
I really hope they don't go the comic route with her and Tyreese. But that's what makes the show so good now. If either of them bite the dust, it would suck because we've watched them develop and adjust to their surroundings so well. We couldn't say that last season. I doubt anyone was really effected when T-Dog bit it. We expected it more or less.
Take Herschel's death for example. That was terrible and depressing. Would we have given two shits if that happened earlier in the series? Not really.
The writers have matured and made this the best drama currently on TV.

The Franchise 04-01-2014 10:14 AM

Can someone who has read the comics answer this for me.....

Spoiler!

seaofred 04-01-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10532097)
Can someone who has read the comics answer this for me.....

Spoiler!

No, they were not in the comics.

The Franchise 04-01-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 10532100)
No, they were not in the comics.

What the ****.....

It's starting to bug me that the comics and the tv show are so far apart on things. I realize that it probably wouldn't be as popular if they had followed the comics to a T....but ****ing hell.

Gonzo 04-01-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10532110)
What the ****.....

It's starting to bug me that the comics and the tv show are so far apart on things. I realize that it probably wouldn't be as popular if they had followed the comics to a T....but ****ing hell.

They've aligned the show to the comics quite a bit more this season than they did the last two.
However, I have to say that if they told the exact same story, I wouldn't be as interested. I like how they change it up. I was one of the many people that always thought the comics were far better than the show, not anymore.

Fire Me Boy! 04-01-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10532117)
They've aligned the show to the comics quite a bit more this season than they did the last two.
However, I have to say that if they told the exact same story, I wouldn't be as interested. I like how they change it up. I was one of the many people that always thought the comics were far better than the show, not anymore.

Agreed.

Gonzo 04-01-2014 11:09 AM

I just read issue 124:

Spoiler!

cabletech94 04-01-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 10532217)
I just read issue 124:

Spoiler!

NOT GONNA READ IT!! NOT GONNA READ IT!!! NOT GONNA READ IT!!!! NOT GONNA READ IT!!!!

Easy 6 04-01-2014 12:22 PM

The zombies are boring as hell, its not like 28 Days Later where they sprint after people, they're all too easy to just smash in the head with any sharp piece of available metal.

The good stuff in this show is whats going on between human beings.

Radar Chief 04-01-2014 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10532054)
I think you might be right one the first half, not on the second.

I hope that is the case because I like Beth's character but knowing how dark the show can go my sneaking suspicion is the latter.

Radar Chief 04-01-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 10532394)
NOT GONNA READ IT!! NOT GONNA READ IT!!! NOT GONNA READ IT!!!! NOT GONNA READ IT!!!!

Don't do it. Unless you've read up to the latest comics it's not going to do you any good anyway.

Carlota69 04-01-2014 01:21 PM

I havent seen a lick of this season. Whos left satnding, Rick, Daryl, Micchone and Carol? Anyone else? What happen to his baby?