ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Mr. Laz 12-18-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9221163)
See, I would somewhat disagree.

If you are drafting that high, whoever you draft has shown to be a "good" player. When it comes to that point, it's all about projections.

Sanchez, IMO, didn't quite have enough film to properly evaluate and project what he could/would become.

I'm always going with a QB in that situation, because the upside of hitting on the pick is exponentially higher than a LB.

Especially a MLB vs a QB. If we are talking about a pass rushing LB like Von Miller, ok I'd entertain that.

but that's were a significant Pioli/Draft a QB backlash and anger started.

some people insisted that not drafting Sanchez was the worse move ever

player evaluation HAS to be an important part of the equation and that doesn't make you a 'true fan',homer or mean your are afraid.

You can't remove evaluation from the draft process no matter how badly you need a position.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9221157)
Why would there be growing pains? According to some on this board the kid has the best pocket presence they have ever seen, an elite arm, uncanny accuracy and phenomenal leadership skills. Why not hold him to the same standards as Newton, Luck, Griffin and Wilson?

Luck has thrown 18 picks this year.

Cam has never had a winning season.

There is going to be backlash, especially because Geno is unlikely to come out of the gate on fire. The guy doesn't play under center.

We could easily be looking at an Eli Manning like adjustment period.

He didn't really "arrive" until his 5th season as a starter.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9221144)
they both ending up sucking ... lose/lose

which is kinda the point ... you don't draft a certain position JUST to draft it.

Good player is most important

That doesn't mean i'm AFRAID to take a QB or whatever

I'm 100% certain that Brock implied that both players are "good" when he posted it.

It's really only an argument if there are no good QBs and 1 or more good LBs in the draft. That's happened like exactly never, so it's not worth talking about.

O.city 12-18-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9221174)
but that's were a significant Pioli/Draft a QB backlash and anger started.

player evaluation HAS to be an important part of the equation and that doesn't make you a 'true fan',homer or mean your are afraid.

You can't remove evaluation from the draft process no matter how badly you need a position.

It does have to be a big part, but projecting what he could become is a part of it as well.

For me atleast, when looking at what the league has become, it has become increasingly harder to win without a franchise QB. So, you have to evaluate the guys coming out and see which one has the skills and the best chance to become that guy.

So no, you can't remove evaluation from the process. But, you also can't remove need from the process.

There has to be a mixture.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9221174)

Passing on Sanchez and drafting TYSON JACKSON absolutely was one of the worst moves ever.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9221104)
And see, that is easy to say, unless you hear his whole theory...then it becomes plausible..... but then again...who amongst us has the clarity to really judge anothers worthiness....?

Regardless, I am on the Geno bandwagon!

no, it's ****ing stupid

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 12:24 PM

how are we better off for not drafting Sanchez?

avoiding that 'risk' earned us what, exactly?

htismaqe 12-18-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9221212)
how are we better off for not drafting Sanchez?

avoiding that 'risk' earned us what, exactly?

Tyson Jackson yo!

burt 12-18-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9221208)
no, it's ****ing stupid

and you're a ****ing douche nozzle.....

SAUTO 12-18-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9221255)

reguardless of anything else taking a MLB at the #1 is about as idiotic as it gets.

BigCatDaddy 12-18-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9221271)
reguardless of anything else taking a MLB at the #1 is about as idiotic as it gets.

Come on man. Be creative. I'm sure there is a nice FB or C we can find with the 1st pick that's a top level player regardless of position.

the Talking Can 12-18-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 9221255)

it's just dumb...your support of it is only confirmation

keg in kc 12-18-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9221198)
Passing on Sanchez and drafting TYSON JACKSON absolutely was one of the worst moves ever.

Not moving two spots to get Stafford and drafting Tyson Jackson is the move that hurts. Sanchez wouldn't have had any positive impact on anything.

O.city 12-18-2012 12:51 PM

It's hard to say one way or another on Sanchez. The situation would have been different, you never know what might have happened.

htismaqe 12-18-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9221295)
Not moving two spots to get Stafford and drafting Tyson Jackson is the move that hurts. Sanchez wouldn't have had any positive impact on anything.

That we know of.

Sanchez' performance isn't necessarily identical to what he might have been in KC under different circumstances.