ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life How long do you plan on wearing a mask in public? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=337543)

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2021 09:46 AM

TLO will wear one forever

luv 03-18-2021 09:49 AM

Until the restrictions are lifted. I would have probably put until I'm vaccinated, but I will be fully vaccinated before the restrictions expire.

BWillie 03-18-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 15591511)
Between the vaccination push and the number of people who have had the virus and developed some immunity and the number of people who have had it and never knew they had it quite a few experts are feeling that the US is on the brink of having significant herd immunity. There are experts on both sides of the fence but there are some saying we're already seeing some of the effects already. People need to realize it's not an all or nothing. Fauci thinks we need to wear a mask until there's not a single death from Covid and that's totally crazy. It's time to go back to normal now. The health care system can handle what cases occur and no matter how loudly the politicians scream and try to exert maximum control it's time to wean them off their "pandemic power grab".

At 65k cases a day, we are nowhere near herd immunity. Herd immunity is difficult to apply to viruses that typically mutate. The flu mutates ALOT and conraviruses SOME. Nonetheless, herd immunity likely can never be truly achieved due to this. A Covid vaccine will likely be needed every 1-2 years for the rest of our lives. Some of you are just going to have to come to grips with that.

RunKC 03-18-2021 09:55 AM

1.When I’m vaccinated
2. When over 85% of the country is fully vaccinated
3. When deaths are pretty much done

I will not wear a mask anymore when that happens. I project that to happen sometime this summer

BWillie 03-18-2021 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15591581)
1.When I’m vaccinated

I will not wear a mask anymore when that happens. I project that to happen sometime this summer

Yeah, this is really pretty simple. You get it. Good for you.

ptlyon 03-18-2021 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15591575)
At 65k cases a day, we are nowhere near herd immunity. Herd immunity is difficult to apply to viruses that typically mutate. The flu mutates ALOT and conraviruses SOME. Nonetheless, herd immunity likely can never be truly achieved due to this. A Covid vaccine will likely be needed every 1-2 years for the rest of our lives. Some of you are just going to have to come to grips with that.

ROFL

vailpass 03-18-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15591317)
As long as required but not at all after that.

Yep. I hate it but I understand there are people scared of the virus and I’ve no wish to be a dick to them. The bars don’t require it when you sit outside so that’s a good thing. Get my second Pfizer next week.

BWillie 03-18-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15591588)
ROFL

What is so funny? I don't even understand why that is a big deal. Just got to Walgreens in September and get your shot every 2-3 years. Mind boggling people make this such a big deal. It's so simple. get vaccinated. It's not about you. I'm not getting vaccinated because I'm personally afraid of getting the coronavirus. I'm doing it because it is for the betterment to our society and to get past this hurdle. Not getting the vaccine is selfish.

Don't you want to go to Chiefs and Royals games without a mask and be at capacity? Well if you do, just get ****ing vaccinated.

Rain Man 03-18-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

1.When I’m vaccinated

Pretty much. But I'll rely on the public health people to tell me when it's fine to run face-naked.

jjchieffan 03-18-2021 10:06 AM

I answered I don't wear a mask, which isn't entirely true. If I'm doing a job in a place that requires it, I will wear it until I get to the network equipment. They won't let me in without it. But other than that, my mask is in my pocket and only worn when I enter a business and they tell me that I have to wear it. Most places don't say a word, so I rarely wear it. I can't wait until this nonsense is over. Mandates are being lifted in most places around here, so hopefully, not much longer.

ptlyon 03-18-2021 10:08 AM

Paging Dr. Willie - you're needed in the emergency room.

jjchieffan 03-18-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

1.When I’m vaccinated

85% of the country will never get vaccinated. I'm not sure that over 50% will. I'm not getting vaccinated. Nobody in my family is getting vaccinated. In fact, most people I know aren't getting vaccinated.

TLO 03-18-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 15591624)
85% of the country will never get vaccinated. I'm not sure that over 50% will. I'm not getting vaccinated. Nobody in my family is getting vaccinated. In fact, most people I know aren't getting vaccinated.

Why are you choosing not to get vaccinated?

ThaVirus 03-18-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15591478)
Masks were not part of our society until April 2020 as evidenced by the fact that many cities/states have long standing ANTI-mask laws on their books.

Some people like yourself may consider that dramatic change to be "minor", but most people understand the importance of getting our way of life back to pre-pandemic normal as soon as possible.

COVID wasn't a "part of our society" until March 2020 so the mask thing sort of makes sense, no?

You can agree that we need to work to get back to our normal ways as soon as possible and also not be a little baby about wearing a mask.

BWillie 03-18-2021 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 15591622)
Paging Dr. Willie - you're needed in the emergency room.

Not claiming to be a doctor. Just read what renowned infection disease doctors say. Know what you don't know. Do what experts advise. Life is simple.