ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What was your favorite episode of Star Trek: TNG? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242807)

Hammock Parties 03-16-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7495034)
I LOVE this scene in Best of Both Worlds. Riker's probably my favorite human character

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cq693K6GEaw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's awesome because Riker is usually so happy and jovial most of the time. Always smiling.

And then...

http://img.kyon.pl/static/img/remiq.net_18473.jpg

I also love Worf's line after they fail to rescue Picard from the Borg.

"No sir, he appears to have to gone over to the Borg."

"He IS a Borg!" :(

BigRedChief 03-16-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7495043)
**** Voyager. Do Gooders Lost in Space. 4321

This! :thumb:

Also, I agree DS9 sucked until Worf joined the show. After that it rocked.

Frazod 03-16-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7495046)
Not much.

I really liked Enterprise at the end. They fixed that series just in time to get it cancelled. The last season was not far behind some of the best of TNG and DS9.

The key factor, I think, in all their best runs being conflict.

I had high hopes for Enterprise, but it sucked out of the gate and I'd lost interest by the time it got better. I sure did like the Vulcan, though. :drool:

A friend of mine is seriously into movie/TV collectibles - he has some stuff that's so amazing I probably shouldn't even talk about it. But he had several uniforms from NG (including one of Stewart's uniforms) and one of Jolene Blalock's orange one piece suits that he actually had displayed on a mannequin. Sadly, he lost his job about a year ago and has had to sell off parts of his collection to pay the bills, and that was one of the things he liquidated.

And yes, I did feel up the tits, just to say I did it. :thumb:

Crush 03-16-2011 07:34 PM

Voyager should have been over in the first episode. They kill Janeway and use that damn device to get back home.

Voyager had the potential to be the greatest series. It would have been if Janeway wasn't such a pussy and if the ship gradually fell apart throughout the series.

RealSNR 03-16-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7495062)
I had high hopes for Enterprise, but it sucked out of the gate and I'd lost interest by the time it got better. I sure did like the Vulcan, though. :drool:

A friend of mine is seriously into movie/TV collectibles - he has some stuff that's so amazing I probably shouldn't even talk about it. But he had several uniforms from NG (including one of Stewart's uniforms) and one of Jolene Blalock's orange one piece suits that he actually had displayed on a mannequin. Sadly, he lost his job about a year ago and has had to sell off parts of his collection to pay the bills, and that was one of the things he liquidated.

And yes, I did feel up the tits, just to say I did it. :thumb:

Should have bought some of that stuff off his hands, man. You probably could have gotten a deal for it if you offered to let him buy it back when he was employed and in good financial shape again

keg in kc 03-16-2011 07:35 PM

Heh, they were never shy about her role on the show...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wtDeHyr5dAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Crush 03-16-2011 07:37 PM

Also, Enterprise would have been a lot better if the entire crew had questionable ethics. They were only a generation or two separated from an apocalyptic nuclear war, there needed to be a transition between World War III and Paradise.

Frazod 03-16-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7495068)
Should have bought some of that stuff off his hands, man. You probably could have gotten a deal for it if you offered to let him buy it back when he was employed and in good financial shape again

This shit goes for serious cash. I don't have that kind of money laying around. Even the communicator pins (I think he has two of them, or at least did) go for several hundred a piece.

JD10367 03-16-2011 07:46 PM

Anything with Q.

The episode where Picard lived a whole lifetime.

The time loop where the Enterprise kept exploding.

The two-parter where they thought Picard was dead but he was pretending to be an archaeological thief.

The one where the Enterprise was docked to get cleaned and everyone left the ship but Picard and thieves came on board to steal the deadly emissions and sell them to terrorists.

The two-parter where they go back to San Fran because of Data's head in a cave, and meet Guinan in the 1800s.

The one where Troi's mother goes comatose and Troi has to go into her mind and finds out she had a dead little sister.

The one where Data has nightmares and tries to stab Troi and it turns out interdimensional parasites are snacking on people.

The one where the away team on a shuttle comes back to find the Enterprise frozen in time in apparent battle with another ship (a Romulan IIRC).

The one where the older ship comes back through time and changes history so that the Federation is at war with the Klingons and Tasha Yar is still alive.

The one where Riker finds his double trapped on a planet because when he tried to beam out it bounced back and made two of him.

The one where Geordi and Ro Laren are presumed dead but are actually out of phase and still on the ship.

The one where Ro, Guinan, Picard, and the Asian chick are turned into kids.

(Those are the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.)

Crush 03-16-2011 07:52 PM

Also, the one where O'Brien, Data, and Troi were possessed by imprisoned energy beings.

RealSNR 03-16-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7495104)
The two-parter where they go back to San Fran because of Data's head in a cave, and meet Guinan in the 1800s

Time's Arrow.

This one is very underrated. I think people are turned off because they decided to throw in some historical actors which made it kinda cheesy. Maybe so.

But we're still dealing with the question of intelligent life out there in the universe. And I'm sure we've all had the thought that if there is intelligent life, has any of it ever visited earth? And if it has, when? This feeds into that side of Star Trek's viewership, which I think it should have done more often-- connecting the dots between where we the human race are now to where we supposedly get to in the Star Trek world.

Also, Data is a badass in this episode. He doesn't need an emotion chip to function in 19th century America. Hell, he does it much better than any of the Enterprise crew, and he's not even human

JD10367 03-16-2011 07:58 PM

As for the other series... I enjoyed DS9 for a while but actually enjoyed it less near the end where it was all about war. But I do admit that Sisko's character improved greatly once they let him shave the testicle-fuzz off his head. As soon as he was bald again, he started working his Hawk character from "Spenser" into his attitude.

Voyager wasn't bad. Wasn't great, wasn't bad. Just sorta "was".

Enterprise, I watched the first few and gave up on it.

While we're on the Star Trek subject: the order of the movies, in order of "goodness", goes: 2 (Khan), 4 (whales), 6 (Klingon assassination), 1 (first film), 3 (Search For Spock), 5 (the reeruned one about the Godlike something or other that was so bad the only thing I remember is Uhura doing a fan dance, which was pathetic). I don't include the TNG films in the group, but for those I didn't mind Generations (Captain Kirk, Malcolm McDowell, and the Nexus) and the one where they went back in time to help Zefram Cochran launch his ship. The last one, about the young Picard clone, I don't even remember what happened it was so bad. I think Data croaked in it IIRC.

Crush 03-16-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7495132)
While we're on the Star Trek subject: the order of the movies, in order of "goodness", goes: 2 (Khan), 4 (whales), 6 (Klingon assassination), 1 (first film), 3 (Search For Spock), 5 (the reeruned one about the Godlike something or other that was so bad the only thing I remember is Uhura doing a fan dance, which was pathetic). I don't include the TNG films in the group, but for those I didn't mind Generations (Captain Kirk, Malcolm McDowell, and the Nexus) and the one where they went back in time to help Zefram Cochran launch his ship. The last one, about the young Picard clone, I don't even remember what happened it was so bad. I think Data croaked in it IIRC.

My list is:
1. Star Trek VI
2. Star Trek IV
3. Star Trek II
4. Star Trek III
5. Star Trek: The Motion Picture
6. First Contact
7. Generations
8. Insurrection
9. Nemesis
10. Star Trek V

Hammock Parties 03-16-2011 08:03 PM

Just read the OP. Amazing that you just now got around to watching it.

If you haven't seen DS9 start on it now. It's better than TNG and gets really episodic and dramatic in the last 3 seasons. It's Michael Dorn's best work.

I've done this too. Did it with Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond. I plan to do it with the X-Files (I've seen one season, have them all on DVD) and I should probably do it with Babylon 5 and Stargate Atlantis.

keg in kc 03-16-2011 08:05 PM

It would be 2, 1/6, 3, 4, 5 for me. First contact and the new one would both fall somewhere behind 2 and ahead of 1/6. The other TNG movies just sucked.