ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark Hunt!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200212)

cdcox 01-13-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5388282)
Yep, that was the spirit around here when VD showed up.

Yeah, but there was a sense of hope. In fact I'm noticing a pattern:

Marty - hope
Gunther - dope
DV - hope
Herm - dope

So we're due for a "hope" coach. Now this is superimposed on the GM cycle:

Steadman - hope (he won a SB)
Peterson - dope

So we are due for a "hope" GM too. Also notice that the overall trend of the Gms is upward. Peterson's best dope was better than Steadman's worst hope. Also for any GM, their hope phase tends to be strongest in their early years, while in later years, it's all dope. So we have three, count 'em three, trends going in our favor.

Pioli is a hope GM.
The coach he hires is destined to be a hope coach.
The early years of a new regime are a hope cycle.

Compared to DV:

Peterson was a dope GM.
The coach was a hope coach.
We were in the late part of the Peterson regime, which was totally dope.

hope, hope, hope >> dope, hope, dope

We're entering a golden age.

KcMizzou 01-13-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5388336)

Marty - hope
Gunther - dope
DV - hope
Herm - dope

Peterson - dope

So we are due for a "hope" GM too. Also notice that the overall trend of the Gms is upward. Peterson's best dope was better than Steadman's worst hope. Also for any GM, their hope phase tends to be strongest in their early years. So we have three, count 'em three, trends going in our favor.

Pioli is a hope GM.

Compared to DV:

Peterson was a dope GM.

hope, hope, hope >> hope, dope, dope

You've got all this shit figured out. That's what I like about you.

luv 01-13-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5388336)

Marty - hope
Gunther - dope
DV - hope
Herm - dope

Peterson - dope

So we are due for a "hope" GM too. Also notice that the overall trend of the Gms is upward. Peterson's best dope was better than Steadman's worst hope. Also for any GM, their hope phase tends to be strongest in their early years, while in later years, it's all dope. So we have three, count 'em three, trends going in our favor.

Pioli is a hope GM.

Compared to DV:

Peterson was a dope GM.

hope, hope, hope >> dope, hope, dope

Looking at the outcome of the other golden eras, are you telling us to remain cautious (as Skip obviously is), or are you saying you honestly expect better results?

cdcox 01-13-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5388369)
Looking at the outcome of the other golden eras, are you telling us to remain cautious (as Skip obviously is), or are you saying you honestly expect better results?

Golden eras are a time for celebration and dancing in the streets. If you wait until the golden age is at its peak (mid way through our run of 9 SBs) you'll miss out on half of the fun.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-14-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 5388172)
It's not that anyone thinks this guarantees anything.

It's about how Clark has handled it. He was thorough, professional, and hired the guy considered the best available talent on the market.

And the cheap play would have been to let CP and Herm ride out another season. Now he's paying double for a season. For a business man, that's a tough pill to swallow.

But the man wants to win. He's proven that much. And really, that's all we can ask for.

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 5388210)
Obviously not. No one is saying anything is going to happen. God or bad. Just that Clark did the absolute best thing for this organization, and has shown he will do what it takes. That is what is being celebrated. Not our guaranteed SB trophies.

The Chiefs have finally realized what I've been saying for years:

"It takes money to make money".

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 5388322)
But the shadow of peterson was still present.
I am 10X more excited now than I was when DV was hired.

This. There's going to be a bit of shell-shock during Pioli's tenure. After 40+ years of mediocrity and epic suck, the Chiefs Nation is just not used to seeing a football franchise run in a Platinum Standard way.
A year from now we're going to be very excited but also very pissed because we'll all be looking back over the Steadman/Peterson eras and asking ourselves why this didn't happen 10 years earlier.

Mr. Clark Hunt has stepped up in the most gargantuan way this franchise has seen since Lamar Hunt and company founded the AFL. He has also demonstrated a business acumen that will eventually put him at the head of the Owners Table.
He's begun writing his own story in Chiefs History, and the first two chapters have been nothing less than stunning.

Thank YOU Mr. Clark Hunt; I look forward to growing old, cranky and senile with you at the helm of this Great Sports Institution!

Super Bowl Bound in 2010, Baby!:wayne:PBJ:toast::rockon::thumb:

rambleonthruthefog 01-23-2009 04:52 PM

thought i'd dig up this bad boy!!!! Clark Hunt stepped up. no doubt about it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambleonthruthefog (Post 5419840)
thought i'd dig up this bad boy!!!! Clark Hunt stepped up. no doubt about it.

Clark DID step up. Mr. Pioli on the other hand has dropped the ball with his laziness and dishonesty.

RealSNR 01-23-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420844)
Clark DID step up. Mr. Pioli on the other hand has dropped the ball with his laziness and dishonesty.

Your signature makes no sense whatsoever.

Bwana 01-23-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Huh?

JuicesFlowing 01-23-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

How?

KcMizzou 01-23-2009 07:49 PM

Quote:

:spock:

KcMizzou 01-23-2009 07:51 PM

I don't think we need to question Clark's desire to win anymore.

All that stuff about Fiji and soccer seems pretty silly now.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-23-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 5420871)
Your signature makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 5420892)
Huh?

Then let me explain.

There was nothing "meticulous" about the search for a head coach. This was the epitome of the lazy, "take what you can get" move.

And if you think the Chiefs are going to build a "Championship Team" with Shannahan at the helm? Well, you'll see soon enough, and for four to five years.

KcMizzou 01-23-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420911)
Then let me explain.

There was nothing "meticulous" about the search for a head coach. This was the epitome of the lazy, "take what you can get" move.

And if you think the Chiefs are going to build a "Championship Team" with Shannahan at the helm? Well, you'll see soon enough, and for four to five years.

Did I miss a press conference or something?

RealSNR 01-23-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5420911)
Then let me explain.

I mean, your signature is just a smattering of semi-complete sentences.

I assume you mean that Clark and Pioli using buzzwords about championship teams doesn't make them saviors of this organization.