ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270487)

DaFace 02-27-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9446772)
You act like this is a cult around here.

It happens to be a community of Chiefs fans that through the years has evolved in tone and mood to favor this particular brand of Chiefs fan. It's not a friendly place to casual Chiefs fans, nor is it friendly to people who just want to criticize the opinions of others ("You guys are petulant crybabies who don't get their way") while at the same time having no valid opinions of their own ("It's not my team, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe Alex Smith is good.") Lately you've been fitting pretty squarely in the second type.

Whatever the overwhelming opinion is on this board arrived because people came to this place with that particular mindset. Some came here with other attitudes, and then switched after having discussions. Others still latch onto their opinions, but they're still valued football contributors to the community nonetheless.

Calling it groupthink is just being butthurt because your opinion isn't the popular one

The problem is that we have recently been regularly chasing people away not because of their attitude, but because of their opinions. We get a steady stream of reports of "trolling" when someone doesn't agree with the group. That's my complaint.

Hell, maybe I need a break too. If all we're going to hear is bitching about how bad the team is and how awful the guys are that everyone was so excited about 2 months ago, it's not going to be much fun to be an optimist.

See ya.

A Salt Weapon 02-27-2013 03:17 PM

My hands are up

ptlyon 02-27-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 9446904)
My hands are up

My arms are feeling like I am getting jacked in a parking lot

Mr. Arrowhead 02-27-2013 03:20 PM

I keep hoping by March 12 that they change their mind

WV 02-27-2013 03:26 PM

It's like Pioli never left. A ****ing 2nd rounder for god sakes? I mean come the **** on, these guys are supposed to be different! **** Reid and Dorsey for this abortion of a trade.

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:31 PM

Everyone on the planet is smarter than these fools. Strike one is getting Alex Smith. Strike two was giving value for a QB about to be cut (regardless of Harbaugh's arguments to the contrary), Strike 3 was giving anything higher than a fifth round pick!

It is time to start a new fan movement -- Save our Chiefs from incompetent front office management.com

Maybe it is time for us to become 49ers fans for a few years until Dorsey and Reid get fired. Harbaugh is a god at everything, including cheating supposedly knowledgable front office and coaching staff.

Dave Lane 02-27-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9447010)
Everyone on the planet is smarter than these fools. Strike one is getting Alex Smith. Strike two was giving value for a QB about to be cut (regardless of Harbaugh's arguments to the contrary), Strike 3 was giving anything higher than a fifth round pick!

It is time to start a new fan movement -- Save our Chiefs from incompetent front office management.com

Maybe it is time for us to become 49ers fans for a few years until Dorsey and Reid get fired. Harbaugh is a god at everything, including cheating supposedly knowledgable front office and coaching staff.

My thoughts exacts. Hell they have 11 draft picks this year to boot.

And I can still use my red and gold!

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:33 PM

We are cutting the 40th best QB in the NFL (Cassel) to get the 30th best QB in the league, and we gave up a 2nd round pick that is as good as a first round pick? JFC. And more?

Dave Lane 02-27-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9447027)
We are cutting the 40th best QB in the NFL (Cassel) to get the 30th best QB in the league, and we gave up a 2nd round pick that is as good as a first round pick? JFC. And more?

And a 2nd next year!

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:46 PM

That would be too much for Matt Stafford, let alone the 30th best QB.

KCDC 02-27-2013 03:47 PM

Kevin Kolb is almost as good as Alex Smith, and we could get him for nothing if we want a subpar POS to carry this team to mediocrity for a year or two.

This smacks of the OAK trade for Palmer.

BlackHelicopters 02-27-2013 04:02 PM

Will raising both hands make a difference?

sd4chiefs 02-27-2013 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go

Cephalic Trauma 02-27-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9447245)
Will raising both hands make a difference?

Well, waving with both hands is usually restricted to gay men, NTTAWWT:shrug:

KCTitus 02-27-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9446797)
The problem is that we have recently been regularly chasing people away not because of their attitude, but because of their opinions. We get a steady stream of reports of "trolling" when someone doesn't agree with the group. That's my complaint.

Hell, maybe I need a break too. If all we're going to hear is bitching about how bad the team is and how awful the guys are that everyone was so excited about 2 months ago, it's not going to be much fun to be an optimist.

See ya.

I have to agree, DaFace. I may not post much any longer, I thought I might find good discussion about this trade instead, it's pretty much nothing but Genious (Chiefsplanet Spelling) in here.

There's no point in even trying. Im older and tired and not willing to waste my time pointing out that, at the very least, the team should at least play a game (or even two) before declaring the next season a complete failure.

But just as I created over 10 years ago, The Lexicon holds true.