ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Assuming Albert gets traded, what would you like the Chiefs to do... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271427)

Ace Gunner 03-24-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9526124)

ya this. and wtf can you do with him? he can't cover anymore and DJ needs to stay where he is. Urlackluster is not going to fit here. the defense needs run & hit speed.

kcxiv 03-24-2013 04:33 PM

imma answer a stupid question cause im bored! YOU HAVE TO DRAFT a LT if this happens. lol

You cant go into 2013 with a project at LT. Right maybe, but not left.

penbrook 03-24-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9526634)
imma answer a stupid question cause im bored! YOU HAVE TO DRAFT a LT if this happens. lol

You cant go into 2013 with a project at LT. Right maybe, but not left.

Drafting a LT is a project.

Most draft picks are projects

KCrockaholic 03-24-2013 04:51 PM

I wouldn't give up on Felix Jones just yet.

The Franchise 03-24-2013 04:54 PM

Geno in the 1st. Kyle Long in the 2nd.

Ace Gunner 03-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9526731)
I wouldn't give up on Felix Jones just yet.

I like that player. He would be good to have with Jamaal and this offense.

Ace Gunner 03-24-2013 04:59 PM

Re the LT question, I'd try to sign one of the many LT FA & draft Geno :D

Cannibal 03-24-2013 05:00 PM

If we trade Albert, we'll have take a tackle. Perhaps they could trade back a few spots, still get one of the tackles and pick up a 1st next year and a 2nd rounder this year to go with the 2nd for Albert.

O.city 03-24-2013 05:01 PM

Seems that it would actually be smart to tag Albert, see how his back goes, if it's bad, next years LT class is likely going to be very very good as well.

We aren't taking Geno and at this point, we should't. I'd love to trade down and take Ansah or Dion Jordan.

penbrook 03-24-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9526791)
Seems that it would actually be smart to tag Albert, see how his back goes, if it's bad, next years LT class is likely going to be very very good as well.

We aren't taking Geno and at this point, we should't. I'd love to trade down and take Ansah or Dion Jordan.

I know. Hell Joeckel isnt even the best tackle on his team.

O.city 03-24-2013 05:10 PM

Joeckel is a very good LT. Very good prospect. I don't think he's necessarily Ogden, and he doesn't have elite measurable s, but he's a good prospect.

I think however, he's fairly close to his ceiling, which scares me a little bit. Also the fact that Fisher is a nasty dude who does have elite measurable s IIRC.

But if you look at next years class, there is Lewan from Michigan, who might have been the best LT in this class, Matthews from A&M, who some say will be better than Joeckel and I'm sure there are a few we are missing.

YayMike 03-24-2013 05:20 PM

It all comes down to some team wanting to overpay for Albert, overpay for the #1 and who we actually view as the BPA at #1. From day one this group has preached BPA...

penbrook 03-24-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 9526878)
It all comes down to some team wanting to overpay for Albert, overpay for the #1 and who we actually view as the BPA at #1. From day one this group has preached BPA...

Yep and after Genos pro day he has to be BPA.

Dorsey was talking to John Clayton two days ago and he said he wanted to be selective in free agency but said we have filled all of our needs. He said were not done in free agency either. Said the draft will be BPA.

YayMike 03-24-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9526945)
Yep and after Genos pro day he has to be BPA.

Dorsey was talking to John Clayton two days ago and he said he wanted to be selective in free agency but said we have filled all of our needs. He said were not done in free agency either. Said the draft will be BPA.

So the logical conclusion is if we aren't overwhelmed by a trade offer that we take Geno. Use the 2nd round pick we get for Albert to take a LT there, and say **** it.

DTLB58 03-24-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YayMike (Post 9526878)

I don't want to lose Albert, but think of the possibilities in this draft and next, IF the Chiefs take a haul in picks for Albert and a trade down from them first spot?

Yes, they will have to spend 1 to replace him. But I'm thinking more and more everyday THIS has been part of the grand plan all along. Just as was the acquisition of Alex Smith discussed in Philly that day.