ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Watching the game on Prime (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345195)

A Salt Weapon 09-15-2022 08:04 AM

Or sign up for the free trial. That’s what we did, 30 days free, but turned out the tv is still working on the ex’s prime login so I was good to go anyways.

Hoover 09-15-2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 16463985)
It's a youtube personality, always trying to pull in Gen Z.

Its smart. My 8 year old will probably watch it now...

PurpleJesus28 09-15-2022 08:18 AM

Yeah i dont understand why the picture would look better streaming on Amazon vs. watching on local tv.Its not a blu ray movie,both channels/networks use the same HD cameras for the game,do they not ?

Prison Bitch 09-15-2022 09:02 AM

If it’s not on my tv I don’t care. That’s my policy on sports. If I can see it I might care but not if I cannot

TwistedChief 09-15-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16464106)
If it’s not on my tv I don’t care. That’s my policy on sports. If I can see it I might care but not if I cannot

ok

ToxSocks 09-15-2022 09:08 AM

Im surprised how many people don't have Prime. I always thought it was common place, like Netflix.

DrunkBassGuitar 09-15-2022 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 16464013)
A couple of local news channels have posted stories regarding how to watch the game tonight, and the comments are berserk. MNF has been on ESPN for years, and that's not a free channel. For a bit, TNF was on NFL Network, which is also not a free channel. Suddenly, everyone is getting bent out of shape. If you don't have Prime Video, chances are you know someone who does. Just use their login...lol.

the complaint I could see is that if you don't have a smart tv or like roku or an xbox or a chromcast or whatever, you might be stuck watching it on a tablet or phone or something. I'm not a huge fan of the prime app on my smart tv but a lot of the streaming apps are just kind of meh.

Prison Bitch 09-15-2022 09:14 AM

They’re expecting 5-7M viewers. Pathetic for a matchup like this. If this doesn’t take off the hit they take from lost ad dollars will put an end to this sad experiment

Bearcat 09-15-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

A couple of local news channels have posted stories regarding how to watch the game tonight, and the comments are berserk. MNF has been on ESPN for years, and that's not a free channel. For a bit, TNF was on NFL Network, which is also not a free channel. Suddenly, everyone is getting bent out of shape. If you don't have Prime Video, chances are you know someone who does. Just use their login...lol.

Probably people continuously complaining about it and I don't blame them... most people simply want to watch their team every week without having to worry about their cable/satellite having NFLN one week or having Prime the next week, etc.

I personally pay like $10/month for some of the college conference channels and NHLN and so forth and it's one thing to need those channels for random games, but another when you have all that and STILL need Prime for big/Prime time games that should be easy to access given the billions of dollars that exchange hands for the TV deals. :#

The upside is there's at least NFL+ now (one more thing to buy!) and NFLN does immediately show a replay.

Fish 09-15-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 (Post 16464035)
Yeah i dont understand why the picture would look better streaming on Amazon vs. watching on local tv.Its not a blu ray movie,both channels/networks use the same HD cameras for the game,do they not ?

Best picture would be OTA antenna to be honest. Every digital provider compresses their video. So, even though it's in the same resolution, it's been digitally compressed which results in loss of picture quality.

MagicalFruit 09-15-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16464106)

I take it a step further…I refuse to change the channel. if it’s not on the channel already displayed when I turn on the TV, I don’t care to watch.

philfree 09-15-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

We've already paid for those channels and now we have to sign up for Prime if we don't already have it. It's BS! They'll be a lot of free trial signups though.

oldman 09-15-2022 10:04 AM

"Thursday night is where fans will see the biggest change, with Amazon getting exclusive streaming rights to those games. Local markets will still air games over broadcast TV, but other fans will need to be Amazon Prime subscribers (or have a friend willing to lend their login) to watch."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...l-tv-deal-faq/

Tonight's game will be on Ch. 41 in Kansas City. I don't know which station will have it in the LA area.

Hoover 09-15-2022 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 16464130)
They’re expecting 5-7M viewers. Pathetic for a matchup like this. If this doesn’t take off the hit they take from lost ad dollars will put an end to this sad experiment

I have no doubt this will work, but this is all about getting people to use their streaming service. I mean tons of people are prime members but have never used their streaming service. This is the best way to do it. This isn't going away, its actually going to get bigger and bigger.

RedRaider56 09-15-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 16464196)
Best picture would be OTA antenna to be honest. Every digital provider compresses their video. So, even though it's in the same resolution, it's been digitally compressed which results in loss of picture quality.

are set top boxes for DirectTV, , cable etc, supporting 4K yet? Most cable providers typically supply their video in 1080p or 1080i format.

Where as with Amazon you would get a direct 4K stream, if being videoed in 4K, and you have a TV/Monitor that supports 4K.