ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Planning a road trip to the Jacksonville game next year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320906)

ClarkGriswold 02-01-2019 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14073979)
Our group down here is planning a road trip to watch the Chiefs play in Jacksonville, Florida. We have been in contact with other Florida Chief groups to sit together at the game. We are also going to plan the biggest Chiefs tailgate Jacksonville has ever seen.

They are expecting Mahomes to be a hot ticket.

The Jaguars will give us a discount of 10% off each ticket up to 500 we book. >500 the discount will go up. They will also give us one of those big tents in the parking lot for free and may be able to block out some parking around the tent for just Chief fans. They also will set up an optional BBQ buffet for $10 a head if we chose.

What happens right now is that we need to get an idea of how many want to come along on this road trip. They will then block out some seats for our purchase later.

As soon as we get a date from the NFL in March/April we will need to know how many are coming. If you are interested, please post….

How many?

Lower tier, second tier or upper deck?

Tailgate, yes or no?

I live here in Jax..would meet up with people for sure. Always go when they are in town. Actually a good amount of Chiefs people show up.

IA_Chiefs_fan 02-01-2019 08:25 PM

This all sounds awesome! I sure hope the schedule works out for me.

BigRedChief 02-01-2019 09:04 PM

Also we are going to be able to stay at the Hilton for $40 a night.

IA_Chiefs_fan 02-01-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14085969)
Also we are going to be able to stay at the Hilton for $40 a night.

Nice!

mlyonsd 02-01-2019 09:42 PM

I'll be sending my daughter in Cape Coral this info to see if we can attend for a family event.

MahiMike 02-01-2019 09:55 PM

I know a few beach properties if interested.

BigRedChief 02-01-2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 14085998)
I'll be sending my daughter in Cape Coral this info to see if we can attend for a family event.

there is a group of Chief fans in Cape Coral that are going to the game with us. They are also doing a Chiefs cruise. I’m working with their founder on putting this together.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KCCh...WFL/?ref=share

DaNewGuy 02-01-2019 11:01 PM

I will most likely be down there, I was there for Alex's debut, I need to see Mahomes Live

BigRedChief 02-02-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14086011)
I know a few beach properties if interested.

That sounds cool. We are going to have a lot of people from the Midwest traveling for the game. That would make it special for them.

I doubt everyone stays at the Hilton. We will be scattered. Looking at options to get together's on Friday and Saturday nights. Probably several options.

There are several for profit travel companies asking to be involved. I'm saying no thanks for now. Our groups in Florida are just fan groups. They don't charge for events or membership. They don't sell our members information for ads, allow for profit posts etc. I have no interest in monetizing this in some way. But.......I'll let the group decide.

Coochie liquor 02-02-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 14086086)
I will most likely be down there, I was there for Alex's debut, I need to see Mahomes Live

Oh yeah. We’re gonna PARTY!!

IowaHawkeyeChief 02-02-2019 09:34 AM

It's it's a later game I may be in...

mlyonsd 02-02-2019 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14086038)
there is a group of Chief fans in Cape Coral that are going to the game with us. They are also doing a Chiefs cruise. I’m working with their founder on putting this together.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KCCh...WFL/?ref=share

ROFL She's a member of that club.

BigRedChief 02-02-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 14086297)
ROFL She's a member of that club.

Yeah, its been around for 26 years. Your going to have to come down for the game to see the daughter and hang with us. Going to be a ton of fun.

mlyonsd 02-02-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14086305)
Yeah, its been around for 26 years. Your going to have to come down for the game to see the daughter and hang with us. Going to be a ton of fun.

We're definitely going to see if it works out. Our first priority though is a game at Arrowhead. It's been 7 years since she's been there.

BigRedChief 02-02-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 14086421)
We're definitely going to see if it works out. Our first priority though is a game at Arrowhead. It's been 7 years since she's been there.

next year, 2019-2020, we will plan a trip to the Chiefs vs. Miami game. SB is in Miami. In the 2020-2021 season we play the Bucs in Tampa. The SB is in Tampa. Coincidence? I think not. :D