ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What meat do you smoke? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=117674)

htismaqe 06-10-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas
I'll have to buy them sometime and prepare them the right way. I've smoked shoulders and butts, so I know what you mean about fat melting away.
I haven't even tasted country style ribs since I was a kid, because of the bad experience. It was probably prepared by one of those people who like to get out a pan, put in the meat, pour 2 or 3 bottles of BBQ sauce on top, throw it in the oven and call it BBQ.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

That's precisely the way me MiL fixes it. In fact, I got the idea to smoke country-style ribs from eating her "BBQ".

cdcox 06-10-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas
I'll have to buy them sometime and prepare them the right way. I've smoked shoulders and butts, so I know what you mean about fat melting away.
I haven't even tasted country style ribs since I was a kid, because of the bad experience. It was probably prepared by one of those people who like to get out a pan, put in the meat, pour 2 or 3 bottles of BBQ sauce on top, throw it in the oven and call it BBQ.

Buy a small package of the country-style ribs next time you do a butt. That way, if you hate them you always have your butt to fall back on, so to speak.

Kerberos 06-10-2005 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I tried to smoke a turkey once but failed horribly. How do you keep it lit? :D

Moist meat makes it HELL to keep a good cherry going in the pipe?

:D

Kerberos 06-10-2005 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59
And you do a very good job of it too. By the way, when is dinner?

Hey man .... we still on for the 18th in KC??

Thats is NEXT saturday dude!

:)

htismaqe 06-10-2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rxrider
Moist meat makes it HELL to keep a good cherry going in the pipe?

Pipe? I rolled it in paper and lit one end! No wonder it didn't work!

Calcountry 06-10-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!
HA! I finished the poll before any of you wiseasses could get in!

There is no shortage of wiseasses here at the Planet. Hey, maybe you can smoke wise ass.

htismaqe 06-10-2005 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr
There is no shortage of wiseasses here at the Planet. Hey, maybe you can smoke wise ass.

I'm just surprised the thread has survived this long without GoChiefs reminding us what kind of "meat" he "smokes".

Fire Me Boy! 06-10-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bunnytrdr

Yeah, but usually someone sneaks in and says something like, "HEY! Finish the poll, already!" This time I finished it first!

htismaqe 06-10-2005 12:03 PM

I wanna know who voted for beef ribs.

Man, them things are disgusting.

Hoover 06-10-2005 12:21 PM

Hot Dogs!

seclark 06-10-2005 12:28 PM

had to put in a vote for turkey.
sec

mlyonsd 06-10-2005 12:29 PM

brats