ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU KU ticket scandal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=228690)

Saulbadguy 05-26-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 6782505)
If you don't think this stuff goes on at other top basketball schools, though, with the Pumps, you'd have to be pretty naive.

Pretty much the only reason I find this stuff so amusing. I love the KU fans bitching about Calipari.

Demonpenz 05-26-2010 04:51 PM

who cares, it is pro ball anyway

KChiefs1 05-26-2010 05:09 PM

Not really a story because KU has always been known as the biggest cheating bastards west of the Mississippi. How many NCAA probations/investigations has KU had? I think everyone of their national championships have been tainted much like the Broncos Super Bowl's.

KChiefs1 05-26-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6781887)
IS KU still o probabtion for the academics thing a few years ago?

Has KU ever been off probation?

KC_Connection 05-26-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6782533)
Pretty much the only reason I find this stuff so amusing. I love the KU fans bitching about Calipari.

I don't do that. Though I find him to be quite the sneaky sleaze bag, doesn't everybody?

warpaint* 05-26-2010 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 6782558)
I don't do that. Though I find him to be quite the sneaky sleaze bag, doesn't everybody?

yep

warpaint* 05-26-2010 05:25 PM

if the ncaa or feds are digging around at my school, it worries me. nothing good can come from it.

ArrowheadHawk 05-26-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 6782554)
Not really a story because KU has always been known as the biggest cheating bastards west of the Mississippi. How many NCAA probations/investigations has KU had? I think everyone of their national championships have been tainted much like the Broncos Super Bowl's.

You are stupid.

teedubya 05-26-2010 06:01 PM

This thing with Tom and Charlotte Burbaugh or whatever working at Oklahoma, makes me think there was some things going on there, prior to KU... greedy ****s... all of them.

Tactical Funky 05-26-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 6782609)
You are jealous.

FYP.

veist 05-26-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 6782558)

I have a friend that is a huge UK guy, went to school there played on the football team, goes to the donor shit, etc. He met him when he was introduced as the new coach, says he has no personality and just comes off as kind of skeezy. So, yeah... pretty much.

sedated 05-26-2010 06:36 PM

The KU-haters are having a field day with this. I hate to disappoint them, but its quite likely the athletic department will get in ZERO trouble because of this. A few people that none of us have ever heard of (and probably Roger Morningstar) will go to jail, but Lew Perkins' job will be fine, and KU will continue on the court like they always have.

This is embezzlement, nothing more. This is not an implication of department-wide corruption. One guy with access to something of value stole it and kept the profits. It could happen anywhere (well...only successful programs with high demand, so I guess KSU is safe)

KK was on air banging his drum to implicate Lew Perkins, with the theory that the person at the top holds ultimate responsibility. But at my company, if someone embezzles money, they fire that guy and prosecute him; they do not fire the president or the VPs. I seriously doubt that if an employee at 810am stole money from a sponsor, that KK would hold himself responsible.

Not only was Lew NOT involved, but I can practically guarantee he didn't profit from it. Lew makes a ton of money (probably more than the entire profit of this scam) to protect the interest and increase profits of the KU athletic department. This embezzlement did the opposite in both regards. He isn't going to risk his job, reputation, huge paycheck, and freedom to make a couple bucks on the side (and compared to Lew's salary and bonuses, this was chump change)

As was stated by the author of the article, this has little to do with KU, and its quite likely that it is going on at several other schools across the country (paraphrasing, he said if the FBI wants to open the investigation to be country-wide, there is plenty to find). Despite KK's anti-KU agenda, the author emphasized the facts and the connections outside the KU program; it was mere chance that it occurred at KU. The Pump brothers found a contact at a cash-cow program and exploited it; with such precision that it can be speculated that this wasn't their first time. In fact, he implied that the real prize for ticket scams like this is college football.

CoMoChief 05-26-2010 06:47 PM

Man this is getting hairy.

WilliamTheIrish 05-26-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

But at my company, if someone embezzles money, they fire that guy and prosecute him; ...
Your boss at Five Guys isn't going to get charged for red russet theft.

Lou was shitting his pants at the PC. It was hilarious.

WilliamTheIrish 05-26-2010 07:14 PM

Also, this is why the players of NCAA sports should be paid. Out in the open. I'd rather they get the money that the thieves that profited just by being leeches.