ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What bothers you the most about this franchise? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312184)

bdj23 12-08-2017 12:01 PM

That I'm legitimately starting to think that I'll never see this team win a Super Bowl before i die.

I'm 32.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 13269627)
That I'm legitimately starting to think that I'll never see this team win a Super Bowl before i die.

I'm 32.

I'm 41 and I'm telling you that you won't.

YOU WON'T.

bdj23 12-08-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13269633)
I'm 41 and I'm telling you that you won't.

YOU WON'T.

I believe you.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 13269607)
I mean its true, The Hunts dont live here, theyre not involved in the franchise, they check their bank account every morning and thats it. The steelers, Giants, Cowboys, Patriots, all have ownership that wakes up every morning, goes to teh stadium and thinks about how they can get better as an organization. Our owner wakes up, looks at his bank account, heads to Dallas Country Club to play golf, calls Andy Reid, Andy says yeah everything is fine up here dont worry about it we got it under control, and he gets back to shooting at 105 on the golf course. Prove to me im wrong about our ownership involvement

So our owner acts like a rich guy but the other rich guys don't?

Our rich guy, clearly forged in conservative values, doesn't feel any loyalty to his family name/franchise other than making a buck?

Eehhhh...

Mr. Plow 12-08-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13269312)
Nah. I want to see what Andy does with Pat and a new DC. Give Andy a real QB and we'll start winning more playoff games.

This is my argument for those wanting rid of Reid. I want to see what he can do with a real QB under center.

Rain Man 12-08-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13269655)
This is my argument for those wanting rid of Reid. I want to see what he can do with a real QB under center.

Pretty much any coach can do well if the quarterback is good enough.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Tony Dungy.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 13269655)

Good.

You'll have Reid/PM for the next 3 years.

And when you hit 40 three years is a LOOOOOOOOONG time.

Graystoke 12-08-2017 12:12 PM

What bothers me is that this franchise consistently gives me hope, only to take it away last minute with stupidity.

Best22 12-08-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13269659)
Pretty much any coach can do well if the quarterback is good enough.

Yeah, I'm looking at you, Tony Dungy.

Dungy had more success in Tampa Bay than Reid has had in KC

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:19 PM

Losing doesn't HURT them.

Clark wouldn't set up a ride so a guy could CLIMB OUT A ****ING WINDOW to sign with him.

Just saying, he wouldn't...

JakeF 12-08-2017 12:19 PM

The Hunt family, everything starts with ownership.

fan4ever 12-08-2017 12:24 PM

What bothers me most about this franchise is that they've had enough success to make me afraid that when I do tell them to F-Off one day they'll win the SuperBowl.

Rausch 12-08-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 13269697)
What bothers me most about this franchise is that they've had enough success to make me afraid that when I do tell them to F-Off one day they'll win the SuperBowl.

This is my greatest fear.

They day I finally become an actual mature adult and let this shit go...

...6 months later they'll win their 2nd SB.

BlackHelicopters 12-08-2017 01:03 PM

Hunt family. Common thread. Mafia will never let us win.

Ghost of Maslowski 12-08-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13269596)
Your timing is off...

not quite as much as yours. Mahomes is still a rookie with zero career starts. if, in say ten or fifteen years, he is still starting and playing well for KC, with a few division titles, playoff wins, and most importantly a ring or two, then i will be more than happy to give him all the credit he deserves. for now though, Mahomes is simply the latest bust QB drafted by this franchise until he proves otherwise. while it won't take very much to become the greatest QB ever drafted by the Chiefs, because that bar is already so incredibly low, there is a very long way to go to prove that he will be among the greatest QB's ever drafted. that is what i am talking about when asked what bothers me the most about this franchise, because that is what i feel has been the single greatest obstacle to seeing KC return to the Super Bowl in nearly 50 years.

i really hope i am wrong about Mahomes, and that he truly is the long awaited answer to our prayers, because the Chiefs have finally accomplished the impossible by drafting a legitimate franchise QB. but i will not get my hopes up, and i will not be holding my breath, and i will certainly not be surprised if the Chiefs history of drafting bust QB's continues to repeat itself.