ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs All-Decade Team - Inside Linebackers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329501)

Dunerdr 02-24-2020 07:15 AM

bring back eligwe

ChiTown 02-24-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 14810297)
Totally ****ing disgusting.
Should not have been an option in the poll, **** you for posting him as an option. The man was not even a ****ing human being. He murdered a defenseless woman in cold blood, then took the cowards way out in front of the team. Brought that shit to work, literally. Way worse day for me than the day of DT's memorial at arrowhead when I delivered one of many vans full of floral arrangements for #58. Why is Belcher an option. He might have played for us but he gave up being one of us the moment he pulled that trigger? **** you op.

Yeah, **** people with mental illness and brain injuries that do awful shit! :rolleyes:

Hawt Take Central on full display in this post.....

ThaVirus 02-24-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14810016)
Derrick Johnson was the primary ILB in a our 3-4 defenses for 8 seasons, guys. We kind of nibbled around the edges occasionally trying to find somebody who might be cheaper and younger when he started to exit his prime, and they got plenty of opportunities as injuries started to rack up on DJ towards the end, but the truth is we never invested in the 2nd ILB spot at all. Two 3rd round picks in Nico Johnson and Ramik Wilson, sure, but neither of them were intended to be "thumper" guys like Belcher was in Romeo's 2-gap. We kept them around based on how well they could play DJ's spot, and given they were 3rd round picks, more than likely they weren't going to become reasonable dependable replacements.

And why should we have tried to solve the problem any differently? We were in nickel and dime situations under Sutton more than half the time... hell, probably more than 2/3rds of the time. Derrick Johnson was playing great and even came back strong from an achilles tear in 2014.

Yeah, the list is crap, but we're all acting surprised and dismayed for some reason. The franchise's all-time leader in tackles was in his prime during most of this decade. Kind of hard to find other players when a guy is entrenched at that alpha position for so long and the other ILB spot is basically a 1-down situational position.

This is a fair point, but we ran a 3-4 for a decent amount of the 2010s. We were trotting out two ILBs for more than half the decade. Of all those draft picks, FA trash heap guys and promoted special teamers you'd think someone would have stuck.

tyecopeland 02-24-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14809897)
DJ, Ragland, Hitchens, Lee

Basically, DJ and the guys who won the SB.

Why Lee instead of niemann? He had a bigger impact

Rain Man 02-24-2020 01:09 PM

Man, it's a rough start to my Monday when a floral delivery guy tells me to **** myself. Floral delivery guys typically only bring good tidings.

58-4ever 02-24-2020 02:30 PM

Next Decade: Kenneth Murray.

Chiefspants 02-24-2020 03:02 PM

DJ, Ragland, Hitchens, and Niemann.

I never thought a linebacker would be able to make the decade list for a single hit on an opposing QB - but damn if Niemann didn't do just that. Jimmy G. looked like he was lifted off the face of the earth after that hit.

Hitchens also delivered a really under-rated hit on Jimmy when we were down 20-10. It was a similar situation was Niemann's. That hit is where I'd argue Jimmy started noticing our blitz and he never seemed fully centered after that moment. Shoutout to Spags for doing what we've always begged our defensive coordinators to do - instead of sitting back and hoping the 49ers would make a misstep, we sent 5-6 on almost every passing play. Once Jimmy took some hits, just seeing the rushes had a huge impact on him too.

carcosa 02-24-2020 04:51 PM

Gave Niemann a vote solely for his hit on Garoppolo in the SB

Rain Man 02-24-2020 04:56 PM

I'm kind of hoping that Josh Mauga gets a couple more votes so the KC Star doesn't come down on us.

Direckshun 02-24-2020 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 14810374)
He had cte. Go **** your own selves.

Still very tragic and terrible and all that but his play when he was still in his mind earned him a spot

Love the indignation. Love it. Let the anger run through you in defense of a guy who murder-suicided and orphaned his daughter in the Arrowhead parking lot.

The mental illness is completely real but Christ. He murder-suicided and orphaned his daughter in the Arrowhead parking lot.

Rain Man 02-24-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14811562)
Love the indignation. Love it. Let the anger run through you in defense of a guy who murder-suicided and orphaned his daughter in the Arrowhead parking lot.

The mental illness is completely real but Christ. He murder-suicided and orphaned his daughter in the Arrowhead parking lot.

And he filled the gap. Don't forget that part.

It looks like Mauga versus Belcher will come down the wire for one of the ILB spots.

oldman 02-25-2020 07:59 AM

I'm going to go with DJ (duh!) and Hitchens with maybe a nod to Niemann. DJ was the 2nd greatest ILB the Chiefs have ever had only behind MR. Willie Lanier. Hitchens wasn't as good in the 3-4 as he was last season in the 4-3, but still better than most of the raggedy ass clowns we've had back there. Niemann takes a lot of heat, but he's young and will learn. He's not afraid to stick his head in there and knock the snot out of a RB.

Jamie 02-25-2020 08:43 AM

I don't get why anyone is voting for Belcher. Even purely on the field, it's not like he was clearly better than the other options. He just played the most. And the defense wasn't particularly good the years he started either.

tyecopeland 02-25-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 14811828)
I don't get why anyone is voting for Belcher. Even purely on the field, it's not like he was clearly better than the other options. He just played the most. And the defense wasn't particularly good the years he started either.

He was clearly better than reggie ragland is.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-25-2020 09:45 AM

Why the hell do we need 4 of them??