ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football KC Super Bowl hosting bid? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277208)

InChiefsHeaven 10-08-2013 05:33 PM

As much as I like weather being a part of the game, leave that shit to the playoffs. The Super Bowl should be played where weather is not a factor. JMO...I'd love it for KC, but it would be a logistical nightmare, and if you have a blizzard, which is entirely probable, it's just stupid.

J Diddy 10-08-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GESteve (Post 10064704)
New Orleans is lights out the best place for a Super Bowl

Yup. The superdome is frequently getting the roof torn off.

GloryDayz 10-08-2013 06:12 PM

This league is WAAAAAAY to gay to let that happen... Roger just won't let it happen because he's a ****-stick and doesn't like football!

GloryDayz 10-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GESteve (Post 10064704)
New Orleans is lights out the best place for a Super Bowl

Yeah, the Section-8 Dome is super ****ing awesome. Topped only by it being super ****ing stupid! The good news is that if the could put a big inner-tube around the skinny part of the joint, and unscrew the bolts holding it to the footing, maybe it can float away to Cuba after the next heavy rain that draws in those crowds of fine people.

And what could be better that having people come to town and realize they miss home because "back home" doesn't smell like a urinal? Not to mention having a transvestite asking them if they want their asshole perma-stretched open...

Yeah, it just an awesome place OK... Very unique to say the least. Like the shit I just took!

Psyko Tek 10-08-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10064204)
They have a rule that since the Royals hosted the All Star game last summer, the same city cannot host a Super Bowl until 10 years have passed. They have not started bidding that far ahead yet, but there is a chance KC could be in the mix.

phx had the bseball allstar in 11
and don't they get the 15 soperbowl?

or because it's ina suburb it doesn't count?

eDave 10-08-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10064266)
First I've heard of this.

Yea, this sounds like BS. What the **** does the NFL care where the All Star was played?

Not specific to your comment; though we are not New York, what does that matter? It's still the Superbowl. Everyone will come, everyone will watch.

KC would be an awesome host city.

'Hamas' Jenkins 10-08-2013 07:23 PM

No chance in hell that ever happens. Lamar has been dead for too long, there's no roof, and KC does not have the transportation or infrastructure to support it. It might be the worst possible NFL city to host a Super Bowl.

GESteve 10-08-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 10064980)
Yeah, the Section-8 Dome is super ****ing awesome. Topped only by it being super ****ing stupid! The good news is that if the could put a big inner-tube around the skinny part of the joint, and unscrew the bolts holding it to the footing, maybe it can float away to Cuba after the next heavy rain that draws in those crowds of fine people.

And what could be better that having people come to town and realize they miss home because "back home" doesn't smell like a urinal? Not to mention having a transvestite asking them if they want their asshole perma-stretched open...

Yeah, it just an awesome place OK... Very unique to say the least. Like the shit I just took!

I guess you don't remember the lights going out during the Super Bowl dumb ass it was a joke

eDave 10-08-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenchief (Post 10064647)
Its the KC airport. The NFL would have to pay for all of the extra TSA workers to man each gate and they don't want to pay those fees. Hell, the extra TSA workers would take a few thousand hotel rooms themselves.

This is a very valid point. Can you imagine that much traffic through KCI? Reminds me of the scene in World War Z when the zombies took over Tel Aviv.

ChiefsCountry 10-08-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10064489)
Detroit's a stupid place for a sb too.

Not when 3 of the biggest advertisers are in that city.

ChiefsCountry 10-08-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 10064730)
In order of KC to qualify for hotel rooms...Topeka has to be included. The last bid Lamar put in included Topeka and Columbia for rooms.

Topeka is the same distance from downtown KC that Wentzville/Warrenton suburbs is from downtown St. Louis. Topeka and St. Joseph being their own tv markets and metro areas screws KC out of a bigger population.

Gravedigger 10-08-2013 08:06 PM

Meh, eventually we'll vote to put a retractable roof on Arrowhead and all will be groovy.

sedated 10-08-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 10065384)
Meh, eventually we'll vote to put a retractable roof on Arrowhead and all will be groovy.

I think the decision makers in KC knew the roof was just the first step. KCMO would have to pull its head out of its ass to support the kind of overhaul it would take to be a SB town.

Honestly, Im fine without all the national chatter about "awww, we have to go to KC for the super bowl?!?" Even KC locals were embarrassed to have the all-star game here.

Weather, hotels, nightlife, transportation. KC has none of those.

Lex Luthor 12-17-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 10064204)
They have a rule that since the Royals hosted the All Star game last summer, the same city cannot host a Super Bowl until 10 years have passed. They have not started bidding that far ahead yet, but there is a chance KC could be in the mix.

I call bullshit on this.