ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Rock Chalk you lose, nice season though. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=160244)

Halfcan 03-25-2007 12:42 PM

Right at the beginning of the game- UCLA was turning the ball over like crazy but KU was not getting any points off it. My Dad said "Yep that is gonna cost us." He was right. KU seemed awestruck by them or something.

morphius 03-25-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
Right at the beginning of the game- UCLA was turning the ball over like crazy but KU was not getting any points off it. My Dad said "Yep that is gonna cost us." He was right. KU seemed awestruck by them or something.

It was the entire first half. It wasn't awestruck, if that was the case they wouldn't have been so strong on D. It was just lousy shooting, they had a ton of shots in the paint that were not tipped that didn't fall. You miss enough shots and then you start to press and it can get even worse. It was painful to watch a team dominate like that and still be down by 5 at halftime.

supercoupe91 03-25-2007 01:59 PM

You KU fans are unbelievable. You never beat, you always beat yourselves. You always "dominate games", except on the scoreboard. Kansas recruits five star players but they never have the heart of a champion. The only ones who did were the Walters/Jordan team and the 2003 team. Every other year you didnt have that forgotten ingredient.

CoMoChief 03-25-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercoupe91
You KU fans are unbelievable. You never beat, you always beat yourselves. You always "dominate games", except on the scoreboard. Kansas recruits five star players but they never have the heart of a champion. The only ones who did were the Walters/Jordan team and the 2003 team. Every other year you didnt have that forgotten ingredient.

You never fail to be the biggest idiot on this board.

WilliamTheIrish 03-25-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate the angst of losing to UCLA. Norm Stewart got "Tyus Edney'd" out of the final four, but at least he took that team them to the wire, and UCLA eventually won it all. I feel your pain, really I do....!

George, Missouri did not get Tyus Edney'd out of the Final Four.

Although the legend of the shot has grown exponentially in just 12 years, the fact is this:

Tyus Edney went 94 feet in 4.8 seconds for a game winning layup in the 95 NCAA tourney against Missouri. However, it was a SECOND ROUND game. A game that would determine who would go on to the SWEET 16.

That is all.

Dr. Johnny Fever 03-25-2007 02:21 PM

I'm proud of my Jayhawks for a great seaon. Too bad they couldn't hit a layup to save thier lives last night but those are the breaks. Looking forward to next year.

Congrats to UCLA. They're a great team. Congrats Jim. Enjoy the run.

Pants 03-25-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
It was the entire first half. It wasn't awestruck, if that was the case they wouldn't have been so strong on D. It was just lousy shooting, they had a ton of shots in the paint that were not tipped that didn't fall. You miss enough shots and then you start to press and it can get even worse. It was painful to watch a team dominate like that and still be down by 5 at halftime.

Yeah, I 100% agree.

Saulbadguy 03-25-2007 06:56 PM

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...Zissou/bs2.gif

Reerun_KC 03-25-2007 07:02 PM

Hell Yeah I would blame the big 12....

Thank you Texas and Texas A&M for having something worth competing with...

The rest of the Big 12 lacks something to be desired..

Saulbadguy 03-25-2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
Hell Yeah I would blame the big 12....

Thank you Texas and Texas A&M for having something worth competing with...

The rest of the Big 12 lacks something to be desired..

:deevee:
Texas and Texas A&M didn't fair very well either. Big XII was RPI #7, why anyone would pick any of those teams to go very far is beyond me.

Reerun_KC 03-25-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy
:deevee:
Texas and Texas A&M didn't fair very well either. Big XII was RPI #7, why anyone would pick any of those teams to go very far is beyond me.

It was a joke...