ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Update, I have surgery scheduled for Monday. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179249)

ROYC75 01-27-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groves
I've had numerous stones, but only recently have they been large enough to require a doctors assistance.

If they're going to blast the large stone using sound waves, you'll love it. For sure, they gots to go up the pipe, but you'll be "under" enough not to know, even if not technically so.

The stint I had was temporary, but it was irritating as all get out. The stones themselves are cake after they get blasted. Those smaller ones may be too small to blast effectively.

The blasting will unfortunately also give you what amounts to some kidney punches, so you'll do a lot of "yellow and red make orange" type of peeing for a short while.

Getting that stint out was a very very happy day.

I don't think the stones or stone fragments actually cause any pain other than the pain of pressure via blocking a passageway. Yes, they look like crystal sandburs (not the drink), but the only pain those organs can feel is from pressure.

But believe me, no matter how it's caused, it's some serious pain. I've got my own little film cannister "maraca" to show that I know what you're talking about.

Man up, waltz in like you own the place, be nice to the staff, and don't let cell pictures of your penis tatoo make it back to your mother.

I've had that scope done once, NO FUN AT ALL ! My stones are a little more complicated than just having them busted up and pissing them out.

I wish it were that easy...... will know alot more tomorrow night.

RJ 01-27-2008 09:47 PM

Hang in there Roy. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Groves 01-27-2008 09:52 PM

I've had the "we need to push it *back* up the tube before we can blow it up", too.

We'll be praying for ya.

Simplex3 01-27-2008 10:25 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Good luck. Remember, the faster you get out of a hospital the more likely you are to survive.

ROYC75 01-28-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Good luck. Remember, the faster you get out of a hospital the more likely you are to survive.

ROFL This is true......... well, catch ya all later, I'm off to see the wizard, No wait, the doctor. :huh:

Lzen 01-28-2008 10:42 AM

Prayers for you, Roy.

All you guys with the kidney stones, I have a question. Do you guys ever drink water? Or is it just mostly pop?

Groves 01-28-2008 12:45 PM

Some people's stones are caused by dehydration, others by too much calcium, others by pop/coffee/tea.

I drink lots of water here, but that hasn't stopped the little darlings. The ACLU can stand down, too, because my body doesn't discriminate, producing stones from either side.

I do drink some pop, too, but no coffee. I tried going off all caffeine for a while...and my stones, which had traditionally just passed through and added themselves to the maraca, suddenly decided to get less frequent, but LARGER. I do not prefer this hell.

Let's just say that I no longer avoid caffeine.

Actually, I think it's actually been almost two years since my last stone. My longest stretch ever since 1993. I've been here a little over a year. Coincidence?

ClevelandBronco 01-28-2008 06:13 PM

When do we hear from Roy?

luv 01-28-2008 10:53 PM

Hope you're recuping.

Stinger 01-29-2008 09:19 AM

Hope everything went ok. Get well soon Roy.

Eleazar 01-29-2008 09:22 AM

Yeah, let us know when you're up and around again, Roy.

boogblaster 01-29-2008 10:22 AM

GWS.. hope ur OK ...

ROYC75 01-29-2008 10:58 AM

WOW, :eek:talking about painful, they got me in there at 2:30 PM, released me at 9:30 PM. My goodness, I feel like I was wacked in the gut and crotch with a ball bat.

GOOD NEWS ! The doctor told me that if she was a betting woman, I had about a 5% chance of this coming off OK, puting in the stents on both kidneys. She was pretty much prepaired to do the tube in the back with a drainage tube and bag. Got lucky, she said it was tough but was able to pull it off. Hurts like hell to sit up now and piss, I'm not going to stay on here too long.

Thanks all for the support ,prayers and wishes......... Means alot to the big guy upstairs.

Bob Dole 01-29-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75
WOW, :eek:talking about painful, they got me in there at 2:30 PM, released me at 9:30 PM. My goodness, I feel like I was wacked in the gut and crotch with a ball bat.

GOOD NEWS ! The doctor told me that if she was a betting woman, I had about a 5% chance of this coming off OK, puting in the stents on both kidneys. She was pretty much prepaired to do the tube in the back with a drainage tube and bag. Got lucky, she said it was tough but was able to pull it off. Hurts like hell to sit up now and piss, I'm not going to stay on here too long.

Thanks all for the support ,prayers and wishes......... Means alot to the big guy upstairs.

Good to see you're still kickin', Roy.

stonedstooge 01-29-2008 11:15 AM

Roy

Good luck as you recoup. Stay out of pissing matches for at least 2 months is my recommendation