ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Kris Wilson visiting Eagles today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182111)

the Talking Can 03-26-2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4651069)
Seems we have posts like this one annually.

Bartee
Mitchell
Wilson
Siavii
Freeman
Cloud
Lockett

Pollard???
Turk??

our 2nd round picks are so terrible....you should be drafting starters and we've spent a decade drafting total and complete ****ing losers....

The Franchise 03-26-2008 05:06 PM

The Chiefs second round draft picks usually have me asking "WHO!??!?!" on draft day.

Rain Man 03-26-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4651126)
Bartee
Mitchell
Wilson
Siavii
Freeman
Cloud
Lockett

Pollard???
Turk??

our 2nd round picks are so terrible....you should be drafting starters and we've spent a decade drafting total and complete ****ing losers....

I swear that it seems like we always take a flyer in the second round on a guy with great "measurables", and it never works out. Carl's never going to figure out that all football players are athletes, but not all athletes are football players.

the Talking Can 03-26-2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 4651134)
I swear that it seems like we always take a flyer in the second round on a guy with great "measurables", and it never works out. Carl's never going to figure out that all football players are athletes, but not all athletes are football players.

the consistency with which we reach in the 2nd round is admirable....if you don't care about winning

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-26-2008 05:54 PM

Wilson wasn't a particularly good route runner, didn't have size, couldn't run away from anyone, and couldn't break tackles. He also wasn't a great blocker.

Other than that, great signing :thumb:

KCinNY 03-26-2008 07:18 PM

Carls last(only) decent 2nd round pick?

Tim Grunhard.......Tim Freaking Grunhard people!!!!!

Deberg_1990 03-26-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4651158)
the consistency with which we reach in the 2nd round is admirable....if you don't care about winning

It was mentioned a few weeks ago to me in another thread that Carl meddles alot more with 1st day draft picks. (obviously)

We do however do a decent job with 2nd day draft picks (lower round) guys. Thats where the scouts have more of a say in the process.

Let the results speak for themselves...

Jared Allen and Dante Hall were two nice lower round steals from the recent past.

milkman 03-26-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4651383)
It was mentioned a few weeks ago to me in another thread that Carl meddles alot more with 1st day draft picks. (obviously)

We do however do a decent job with 2nd day draft picks (lower round) guys. Thats where the scouts have more of a say in the process.

Jared Allen and Dante Hall were two nice lower round steals from the recent past.

I think Carl makes the final decision in every round.

The problem is, he listens to the coaching staffon first day picks.

We've seen what a graet talent evaluator Gunt is.

the Talking Can 03-26-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 4651383)

agree, and I'm more concerned about this draft than ever...we have high round picks...we HAVE to capitalize on our 2nd and 3rd round picks....

there is no excuse for not pulling quality starters out of our first day picks...

Deberg_1990 03-26-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 4651424)
agree, and I'm more concerned about this draft than ever...we have high round picks...we HAVE to capitalize on our 2nd and 3rd round picks....

there is no excuse for not pulling quality starters out of our first day picks...

I really hope the rumours are true of it being the Herm and Kuharich show now.

Soupnazi 03-26-2008 07:59 PM

Be sure and let us know if he ever breaks a tackle in Philly, cause it never happened here.