ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV Has anybody ever tried to sit through an entire episode of Boston Legal?... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197024)

mikey23545 11-27-2008 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5253539)
No, you'd storm off stomping your feet with your fingers in your ears like you do every time you get in an argument on here. 4321

Uhhh, ookaaayyy...

mikey23545 11-27-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5253538)
mikey is the most miserable one who sucks the penis I've ever seen post on this forum.

No, I'm quite the happy sort...I'm not a misery-dwelling liberal, you see....

mikey23545 11-27-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5253546)
FWIW, the head writer of Boston Legal has been married to Michelle Pfeiffer for 15 years...what a pillowbiter.

Guess I should have said gay-<i>like</i>....

Logical 11-28-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5233880)
Boston Legal ****ing rules. Sure, its politics are slanted, but who gives a ****? If a conservative-leaning lawyer dramedy had characters as good as Alan Shore and Denny Crane then I would absolutely watch it.

Its not what a show is about, its how a show is about. And Boston Legal mixes laughs with drama with topical issues with superb acting.

Absolutely my favorite show after House, funny as hell and by the way the liberals do not always win. Denny Crane (William Shatner) is about as conservative as they could have made someone by the way. No one would be that conservative in Boston in real life.

Logical 11-28-2008 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5253564)
No, I'm quite the happy sort...I'm not a misery-dwelling liberal, you see....

But you do suffer from an obvious amount of repressed anger. It is kind of funny in a sad sort of way.:evil:

Simply Red 11-28-2008 12:10 AM

Guys please. Seriously.

Logical 11-28-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 5253484)
I've seen bits of it but, IIRC, it is one of those shows that uses that intentional-crappy-camera-work technique that gives me a headache so I'll probably never sit through an entire episode.

Pretty sure your mistaking this for one of the Law and Order clones (by the way I also hate those)

Reaper16 11-28-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 5253649)
Guys please. Seriously.

LMAO

RNR 11-28-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5233844)
Basically, every single show is a setup for a long-winded, liberal rant about one of the Lib's favorite talking points. Abortion, gun control, capital punishment, etc...It <i>always</i> takes the form of a speech in front of either the judge or the jury by an incredibly noble, incredibly liberal lawyer. There will <i>always</i> be a conservative apologist who is portrayed as simple-minded and mean-spirited and who is easily embarrassed by the noble and righteous liberal. Repeat this formula for every single show they have ever filmed and you have the gist of it.

There is a lot of truth to that. I watch it from time to time, the show that aired the night before the election was nothing short of an ad for Obama. That said it has a very talented cast with great writing. I have always thought William Shatner was a no talent joke going back to his Star Trek days. He has reinvented himself in this show IMO and is the main reason I watch the show when I do.

BigRedChief 11-28-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 5253829)
I have always thought William Shatner was a no talent joke going back to his Star Trek days. He has reinvented himself in this show IMO and is the main reason I watch the show when I do.

Denny Crane and the mad cow and his over the top gun ho americanism is always good for a laugh or two.

But to the haters this is the last year of the show so it won't be bothering you much longer.