ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If there was any doubt Belichik was running the show all along in New England (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206806)

B_Ambuehl 04-27-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Scott Jewoli"

What do you mean by that exactly?
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks. Everybody knows the trade chart is now dead when you're talking about top 5 picks and he was too tight to trade out of that #3 spot for what was offered. If he wanted out he coulda got out. Even Sanches said there was a lot of discussion about him going #3. Even if the Chiefs only picked up a 2nd rounder you can then parlay that 2nd rounder into extra picks like Belichik did. He coulda still used a mid to late 1st round pick on a solid d-tackle that could play at 5-technique if he wanted. Hell, that's what the Steelers did. Or he coulda traded down again witha mid to late 1st rounder. Bottom line is this team could've used a lot more quality picks.

I don't even want to get into the way the picks were used on the 2nd day.

Gravedigger 04-27-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5719006)
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks. Everybody knows the trade chart is now dead when you're talking about top 5 picks and he was too tight to trade out of that #3 spot for what was offered. If he wanted out he coulda got out. Even if he only picked up a 2nd rounder you can then parlay that 2nd rounder into extra picks like Belichik did. He coulda still used a mid to late 1st round pick on a solid d-tackle that could play at 5-technique if he wanted. Hell, that's what the Steelers did. Or he coulda traded down again. Bottom line is this team could've used a lot more quality picks.

Ignorance is bliss... wait a minute no it's not.

Sully 04-27-2009 12:14 PM

Italian name+Balding=Jewish.

...interesting.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:14 PM

What a useless thread. Whoever thought Belichick wasn't running the show in New England?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Krab 04-27-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719016)
What a useless thread. Whoever thought Belichick wasn't running the show in New England?
Posted via Mobile Device

The balance of control in New England is VERY important considering Pioli is here running things without Belichek.

kchero 04-27-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 5719014)
Italian name+Balding=Jewish.

...interesting.

ROFLROFLROFL

eazyb81 04-27-2009 12:20 PM

Fair opinion but neg rep for the racist comment. I'm sick of seeing that shit on here.

ChiefRon 04-27-2009 12:21 PM

Again, top-notch coaching is what turns "meh" drafts into "damn, they knew what they were doing" drafts - some are questioning all the trading down the Pats did this year and missing on better prospects - they probably won't be saying that in a couple years because that staff will coach them up and ask them to do things within the scheme that play to their strengths.

This all hinges on how good our coaches are.

Brock 04-27-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 5719006)
Well, besides the last name and huge forehead Scott was too tight with his picks.

Oh, ho ho haa ha ha. I get it, because Jews are tight with their money.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5719021)
The balance of control in New England is VERY important considering Pioli is here running things without Belichek.

Well let me end the suspense for anyone who somehow didn't know. Bill Belichick is the man in charge of football operations in New England and has since he was hired. Pioli was the talent evaluator. They worked very closely. Pioli's success in assessing talent is what gave him the qualifications to be given a chance as a GM

This isn't rocket science and you guys aren't discovering anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

B_Ambuehl 04-27-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

OH MAM!... I posted a thread basically making the same point yesterday (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...46#post5708446) with just a mere possibility assigned to it (as opposed to your conviction) and I got three ugly neg reps. You'll probably get 12. Right now Pioli is God to some of the posters and your blasphemy will cost you mass stoning by the zealots here.
Yeah do you remember how they all reacted after Herm was hired and several Jets fans came over here and told them exactly what would happen? hahaha I still get laughs out of that. I didn't see that post yesterday Frankie, but its good to know not everybody around here just sits around and drinks the koolaid.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2009 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719041)
Well let me end the suspense for anyone who somehow didn't know. Bill Belichick is the man in charge of football operations in New England and has since he was hired. Pioli was the talent evaluator. They worked very closely. Pioli's success in assessing talent is what gave him the qualifications to be given a chance as a GM

Posted via Mobile Device

NICE back peddle! Your audacity amazes me more and more each day.

bringbackmarty 04-27-2009 12:24 PM

Just so you know Italian Americans - especially my wife's relatives are very frugal people, they only give up their dough to family members, and live within their means.

Maybe this wasn't the draft to go balls to the wall with trades, because we already have reshaped the team considerably this offseason, he doesn't know exactly what he's got to work with yet, and he needs to keep his ammo for next year.

Maybe Pioli was drafting within his means, until he gets a better idea of what we really have and don't have? Plus with no second, hard to move up, and no one with anything of value wanted us to move down.

Mr. Krab 04-27-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli Zombie (Post 5719041)

Posted via Mobile Device

Well if you're correct, that would explain Pioli's inability to move around in the draft this year. Let's just hope that his talent evaluation is better than his draft managing.

Maybe he could go back up to New England and take some "how to make a ****ing trade" classes from Belichek.

Pioli Zombie 04-27-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5719048)
NICE back peddle! Your audacity amazes me more and more each day.

What backpeddle. Pioli did a great job in NE and he'll do a great job here I believe.

That doesn't mean he was in charge of the Patriots, you dumbass.
Posted via Mobile Device