ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Depth Chart Released: Bowe, Tank on the First Team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=213468)

riskrevival 09-07-2009 12:09 PM

just trade these former starters already. If they don't like Derrick Johnson just get something in return for him instead of dicking around with this 3rd string shit. I could care less either way, I don't think he is that good and is one of the more overhyped players the fans make him out to be, so it's not a big deal to me if he isn't playing. Page on the other hand, just because McGraw hustles in practices doesn't mean he's going to ****ing have a clue whats going in game. It's like a soldier who does awesome in training and then hides and crumbles in the battlefield when it becomes real.

RJ 09-07-2009 12:10 PM

Forgive my ignorance - we don't get Chiefs preseason games where I live- but how did Charles end up at 3rd on the RB depth chart? Is it indicative of poor play on his part? Or did he play well but Battle played better?

ChiefaRoo 09-07-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6042660)
Forgive my ignorance - we don't get Chiefs preseason games where I live- but how did Charles end up at 3rd on the RB depth chart? Is it indicative of poor play on his part? Or did he play well but Battle played better?

fumbles

DBOSHO 09-07-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6042660)

thats what im wondering imo charles has looked the best

RustShack 09-07-2009 12:13 PM

I like how Charles speed makes people here forget how much he sucks. Charles has yet to outperform Battle or Savage. His few big plays are voided by him fumbling more.

Mr. Arrowhead 09-07-2009 12:14 PM

Charles is a 3rd down back, IMO he will never be a full time RB. So if LJ got hurt, i think Battle is more suited as the back up over JC.

Mr. Krab 09-07-2009 12:14 PM

Charles looked ok but he still looks like a 3rd down/Passing type back. Battle looked good too and is much more suited to pounding the ball which is what we will have to do with our sucky Oline.

RustShack 09-07-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 6042669)
Charles is a 3rd down back, IMO he will never be a full time RB. So if LJ got hurt, i think Battle is more suited as the back up over JC.

This.

DBOSHO 09-07-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6042666)
I like how Charles speed makes people here forget how much he sucks. Charles has yet to outperform Battle or Savage. His few big plays are voided by him fumbling more.

savage has had 1 good run.

TEX 09-07-2009 12:17 PM

Man, you know the team is bad, but it really doesn't hit home until you see the depth chart. YIKES. This is easily the worst 53 man roster in the league.

LTL 09-07-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 6042662)
fumbles

This

He has fumbled in games and IIRC was fumbling in practices as well and Haley has been on his ass about it. Won't really surprise me if he is playing time goes down until he learns to hang onto the ball more. We have enough troubles without giving the ball away to other teams.

wazu 09-07-2009 12:17 PM

I think they've got tailbacks effectively split into two separate positions for different packages. Johnson/Battle are both bigger/inside runners, and Charles/Savage are the change of pace/third down backs.

RustShack 09-07-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBOSHO (Post 6042676)
savage has had 1 good run.

Thats one more than Charles with less fumbles.

Mr. Krab 09-07-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 6042679)
Man, you know the team is bad, but it really doesn't hit home until you see the depth chart. YIKES. This is easily the worst 53 man roster in the league.

and yet we still only put out 1 waiver claim after cuts.

DBOSHO 09-07-2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 6042683)
Thats one more than Charles with less fumbles.

charles probably has a better average ypc than savage even with the long run. and fumbles can be cured. ask Tiki Barber.