ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Why does everybody think the Chargers are so damn good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249456)

Gadzooks 09-03-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7877236)
You think they will be as good on defense?

The Chargers added talent on a 3 levels of their defense.
First round pick, Lee-git, has been a beast in the preseason and looks like a great fit on the D-Line.
Spikes was added at LB to coach up the youngsters.
'Lil Bobby Sanders was added in the backfield.

Their #1 D ranking last year was based on smoke and mirrors. This year they will be far more impressive.

BTW - Rivers is not a whiney bitch.:cuss:

RealSNR 09-03-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltWalt (Post 7877715)
I don't think I could have said It better myself, well actually I did say it better in my first edit which was after DaFace posted his mocking post. Sorry about my initial double posting, my computer kept freezing and I could not check that it had posted until after I did a restart.

At least Daface and listopencil are the first two posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l".

You're forgetting mine :harumph:

I'm very particular about getting player name spellings right

Psyko Tek 09-03-2011 09:23 PM

my guess
the talking heads that pick that only know east coast teams, dallas, green bay and san deigo
the rest is unimportant

milkman 09-03-2011 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 7877723)
The Chargers added talent on a 3 levels of their defense.
First round pick, Lee-git, has been a beast in the preseason and looks like a great fit on the D-Line.
Spikes was added at LB to coach up the youngsters.
'Lil Bobby Sanders was added in the backfield.

Their #1 D ranking last year was based on smoke and mirrors. This year they will be far more impressive.

Until Greg Manusky shows he isn't a downgrade for Rvera, I won't assume that defense is going ot be as good.

Ron Rivera was one of the very best DCs in the game.

BoltWalt 09-03-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 7877733)
You're forgetting mine :harumph:

I'm very particular about getting player name spellings right

I went back and fixed it. Check it out. Click on the (>) and go see that I added your first post where you correctly spelled Philip:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltWalt (Post 7877715)
I don't think I could have said It better myself, well actually I did say it better in my first edit which was after DaFace posted his mocking post. Sorry about my initial double posting, my computer kept freezing and I could not check that it had posted until after I did a restart.

At least Daface and listopencil and SNR are the first three posts on this board that I have seen to get Philip Rivers first name spelled right. That is right, Philip with one "l". Actually now that I think about it most of the Bolt fans posting here get the name spelled correctly.

ForeverChiefs58 09-03-2011 09:52 PM

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/.../16ke3px-2.gif

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/...n69/ngoq50.gif

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YoKAcVL_phI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RedThat 09-03-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877676)
Please elaborate.

I haven't had a good laugh today, and your dumb ass is almost always good for one.

Well, let me say I am glad I can amuse you.

Okay, here is my thoughts. The guy is good if you want him as one of your fantasy quarterbacks. Very productive year in and year out, but, I don't like him because he chokes in big games. He is not good when it comes to leading his team to comeback late in a game. The guy is just bad in clutch situations and his teams always get off to bad starts.

Plus, he always gets hyper and pissed off. And i don't like seeing a quarterback express to much fury and frustration. I'd rather have my qb be the opposite. Be collective, relaxed, calm and cool as a cat. Much like Joe Montana.

You see, Joe Montana has it to perform under pressure because he has the presonality traits that enable him to do so. Rivers on the other hand, does not.

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877752)
Until Greg Manusky shows he isn't a downgrade for Rvera, I won't assume that defense is going ot be as good.

Ron Rivera was one of the very best DCs in the game.

Wow! Two spelling errors in one post. Are you drinking tonight?:p

Good point nonetheless...

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 7877723)

He is a whiney bitch but, I would take him over what we have in a heart beat. That is if Haley could bitch slap the nancy boy out of him...

;)

milkman 09-03-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 7877801)
Wow! Two spelling errors in one post. Are you drinking tonight?:p

Good point nonetheless...

Eh....typos.

I actually do have a lot of typos, I generally go back and edit them, but decided, screw it this time.

I'm a pecker.

No, no, no, not that kind of pecker.

milkman 09-03-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7877793)
Well, let me say I am glad I can amuse you.

Okay, here is my thoughts. The guy is good if you want him as one of your fantasy quarterbacks. Very productive year in and year out, but, I don't like him because he chokes in big games. He is not good when it comes to leading his team to comeback late in a game. The guy is just bad in clutch situations and his teams always get off to bad starts.

Plus, he always gets hyper and pissed off. And i don't like seeing a quarterback express to much fury and frustration. I'd rather have my qb be the opposite. Be collective, relaxed, calm and cool as a cat. Much like Joe Montana.

You see, Joe Montana has it to perform under pressure because he has the presonality traits that enable him to do so. Rivers on the other hand, does not.

You do realize that some of the greateste were of all time were very vocal.

Lenny "The Cool" was actually notorious for being vocal and expressive.

Rivers has played some good football in the playoffs, and showed he's a tough SOB as well.

That team has lost because of poor coaching, not because of Rivers.

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877807)
Eh....typos.

I actually do have a lot of typos, I generally go back and edit them, but decided, screw it this time.

I'm a pecker.

No, no, no, not that kind of pecker.

It's just so out of character for you, thought it was funny. Been out of the loop for a while, what is your thoughts on the o-line after the cuts? In particular, BRich. I know you have studied his progress....I was not able to see a single preseason game due to work...

milkman 09-03-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG K (Post 7877810)
It's just so out of character for you, thought it was funny. Been out of the loop for a while, what is your thoughts on the o-line after the cuts? In particular, BRich. I know you have studied his progress....I was not able to see a single preseason game due to work...

Richardson has completely lost all focus and regressed so much that I just don't know how the Chiefs can move forward with him.

Ace Gunner 09-03-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thurman merman (Post 7876763)
What, my friends, is so damn impressive about the San Diego Chargers?

I'd say the question is (and has been) what is so impressive about the KC Chiefs?

That Charger offense is running on all cylinders right now. I can't stand Rivers, but he is a top 3 QB right now. The Chargers won't start slow this year. You will find out what is so impressive in less than 22 days. If the Chiefs beat them that day, they will have played their best game in years because the Chargers are going to be ready to hand over a massive beatdown. Again.

BIG K 09-03-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7877817)
Richardson has completely lost all focus and regressed so much that I just don't know how the Chiefs can move forward with him.

That's too bad, I thought he showed progress and hope last year. I was hoping he would eventually blossom.
Perhaps, if Gaither can get the sand out of his mangina, he can take over at RT.