ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Mike Wallace wants more money than Larry Fitzgerald (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257642)

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8483412)
Desean is a speed guy as well. VJ, IMO, is alot better than you give him credit.

IMO, Bowe is in that second tier group of guys. I'd put him next to a Roddy White.

Fitz, Megatron, and Andre J. are a notch better.

Geez - how could I forget Andre. Yes - those 3 are the only ones that I would call ELITE.

And, yeah - you could use the QB excuse and say that's why he's not on White's level... or Jennings, etc. But, until that changes - do you pay him based upon how he MIGHT play with a better QB?

Feel free to pay on upside - but, until it proves to be true...

Epic Fail 007 03-22-2012 10:31 AM

Well he forever has a bad name now as someone who cares only about mony and not play.

RealSNR 03-22-2012 10:32 AM

Must I show you the quote from me that at least three regular posters around here have added to their signatures regarding Bowe's play on the field?

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8483453)
This might sound like Knowmo to you, but very few WRs can do what Bowe can do physically. His speed isn't the greatest, but it's not shit either. He can outrun a lot of coverages usually.

With a semi-decent QB Bowe is a top 5 WR. No question. If Cassel gets injured this year and Quinn/Stanzi step in and produce right away, you'll start to see that I imagine.

ROFL Like the way you started off there.

And, I'm not disagreeing at all. I realize the QB thing is a problem here... but, until that changes - you're projecting, right? He's not a Greg Jennings or Roddy White at this point... he's close, but I just think he's more in line to get paid like the others we've mentioned.

I think Wallace will continue to improve... not likely reaching Fitz status, but certainly can become consistent like White and Jennings. I think they're both really good and have different attributes that make them great - I just don't know if I'd pay either that much more than the other at this point.

If Wallace wound up in Denver - I think his numbers would shoot through the roof. Not Calvin or Fitz - but, he could be very consistent and dominating. And, he may very well continue on that trajectory in PIT. Again, he's only entering his 4th season.

Mr. Laz 03-22-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8483223)
Scary thing about this is, makes you wonder what Bowe is thinking/asking.

I think Bowe is asking for the same thing.

If he wasn't he would of already been signed and we would of tagged Carr.

JMO

buddha 03-22-2012 10:34 AM

I want more money than Larry Fitz. too. Do I get my own story too?

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8483466)
Must I show you the quote from me that at least three regular posters around here have added to their signatures regarding Bowe's play on the field?

I suppose...

vailpass 03-22-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8483241)
What the hell has wallace done to make him think that? what a dumbass

His agent does this thinking for him.

mr. tegu 03-22-2012 10:55 AM

Regarding Bowe vs Wallace you cannot just look at the numbers. Bowe goes deep, over the middle, and catches the short ones for the tough few yards needed. As others have mentioned Wallace relies on speed and basically just goes deep. Granted that is good, but it is certainly not worth #1 receiver money.

Wallace has played his whole career with Big Ben who has a huge arm and delivers a great deep ball, one of the best in the business. Wallace becomes average with an average with an average QB while Bowe is putting up great numbers with well below average QBs.

Its one of those cases where its hard to project how different players would do in different situations but I am completely confident Bowe is a second tier guy (with Jennings, White, Wayne, VJ I suppose, Welker?) behind Andre, Fitz, and Calvin. I think what prevents him from their calibur is his slightly less speed and a little bit more tendecy to drop some balls. JMO but to be in the top 2 tiers you need to be a more complete package and I just don't see it from Wallace or DJ.

Coogs 03-22-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8483476)
I think Bowe is asking for the same thing.

If he wasn't he would of already been signed and we would of tagged Carr.

JMO

That's kind of what I am thinking.

Mama Hip Rockets 03-22-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8483161)
What a coincidence, I would also like more money than Larry Fitzgerald.

ROFL

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8483593)
Regarding Bowe vs Wallace you cannot just look at the numbers. Bowe goes deep, over the middle, and catches the short ones for the tough few yards needed. As others have mentioned Wallace relies on speed and basically just goes deep. Granted that is good, but it is certainly not worth #1 receiver money.

Wallace has played his whole career with Big Ben who has a huge arm and delivers a great deep ball, one of the best in the business. Wallace becomes average with an average with an average QB while Bowe is putting up great numbers with well below average QBs.

Its one of those cases where its hard to project how different players would do in different situations but I am completely confident Bowe is a second tier guy (with Jennings, White, Wayne, VJ I suppose, Welker?) behind Andre, Fitz, and Calvin. I think what prevents him from their calibur is his slightly less speed and a little bit more tendecy to drop some balls. JMO but to be in the top 2 tiers you need to be a more complete package and I just don't see it from Wallace or DJ.

Saying that Wallace becomes average with an average QB is kinda ... I dunno, easy since there's no way to know really. Who says his production drops? Who says he can't be more than what they have asked of him?

Who knows if Bowe vaults into greatness status with a better QB?

I think the debate is fun and there are lots of valid points, but for right now... reality says, that the guys we've mentioned - considering their situations are all about equal and are due to be paid on the same level.

mr. tegu 03-22-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 8483646)
Saying that Wallace becomes average with an average QB is kinda ... I dunno, easy since there's no way to know really. Who says his production drops? Who says he can't be more than what they have asked of him?

Who knows if Bowe vaults into greatness status with a better QB?

I think the debate is fun and there are lots of valid points, but for right now... reality says, that the guys we've mentioned - considering their situations are all about equal and are due to be paid on the same level.

Yeah I agree and mentioned something to that effect in the previous post. I don't know that Bowe can vault into greatness as in top tier greatness because of the differences not related to qb play I mentioned between him and the top guys. But I do know he is a second tier guy who I think deserves more money than Wallace, although it will probably be very similar for both of them when they sign a deal. I would just imagine because of style of play Bowe gets more years since he does not rely on speed which is something you never know how long will last in a guy like Wallace.

ThaVirus 03-22-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageeumr (Post 8483161)
What a coincidence, I would also like more money than Larry Fitzgerald.

LMAO As do I, sir. As do I.

I don't know what the **** Mike Wallace is thinking. He and his agent should be fired..... From life.

Oh, and it's Fitz, Megatron, Andre J at the elite level. They are big, strong, fast, and do everything well. Then you have the next level of guys that, in my mind, would include Marshall, Bowe, Welker, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, Jennings, VJ and Roddy White. All those guys have some type of weakness, whether it be lack of speed, size, or that extra "it" factor. Then you have the next step down, where I'd put guys like DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Colston, Nicks, Wallace, Harvin, etc.

Mike Wallace really just needs to be offed for even thinking that he would deserve more than 50% of Fitz's contract.

Mile High Mania 03-22-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8483747)
LMAO As do I, sir. As do I.

I don't know what the **** Mike Wallace is thinking. He and his agent should be fired..... From life.

Oh, and it's Fitz, Megatron, Andre J at the elite level. They are big, strong, fast, and do everything well. Then you have the next level of guys that, in my mind, would include Marshall, Bowe, Welker, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, Jennings, VJ and Roddy White. All those guys have some type of weakness, whether it be lack of speed, size, or that extra "it" factor. Then you have the next step down, where I'd put guys like DeSean Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Colston, Nicks, Wallace, Harvin, etc.

Mike Wallace really just needs to be offed for even thinking that he would deserve more than 50% of Fitz's contract.

I'll let you have Bowe there... but, you can't put a rookie there yet... guys like Cruz - not yet.